Kendra on Top

• Please log in to reply

149 replies to this topic

Centerfold

Centerfold

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 26, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

This show seems very scripted, to the point where it's easy to imagine a director saying "action!" before many of the scenes, and, unfortunately, these scenes highlight that Hank would be a very bad actor. He's likable when he's just being himself, though.

I wonder why Kendra is hitting the panic button right now, since she and Hank are producers on this show and I would guess they're making pretty good money from it. Maybe it's just a storyline.

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Kendra recently commented on how hard they have worked on this show. Funny, I thought you just lived your life and the cameras followed you around to document it. OH, I forgot. It is reality tv. You have to make it happen. lol

I saw a new episode last night, but I'm not sure if it was the season finale. If it is, we are led to believe that Kendra is wanting another baby. Hmmmmm....I don't buy it.

In the scene after Hank has the ribbon cutting for his new training facility, Kendra congratulates Hank and gives him a hug. It looked like one of those hugs you give your uncle at Thanksgiving. Sort of like the ones she used to give Hef. Not good.

I did think she looked hot modeling in her new line of lingerie. I really like her designs. Good idea Kendra. I hope she is successful with it. Maybe she will follow in the footsteps of Suzanne Summers. That lady has made a fortune in her creations.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

The tops in her designs are nice, the bottoms I thought were meh. They didn't seem to fit her (the bottoms) properly either.

Hef has really aged. And not in a good way.

scarlett45

scarlett45

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Hef IS 86 years old. That's elderly even if you are in the "best of health". He recovered well from his stroke in the 80's but it might be affecting him now. Physically I mean.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 12:16 PM

Hef aged a WHOLE lot between 80 and 86, but that's common. I always felt like he had the most genuine affection for Kendra (and vice versa), and the others were just his toys who were stupid enough to hang around.

I've seen Kendra talk about wanting another baby in some interviews. I have no idea if she means it, or just thinks it sounds right.

Doesn't she also "produce" this show? I don't know how much she actually does, but I can imagine that editing is a big job. There's probably a shit load of film footage that's good for nothing.

Centerfold

Centerfold

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 5:40 PM

I assume the conversation about having another baby was had in order to secure another season of the show.

Hef and Kendra's relationship always seems rather sweet, and yet their background seems so sleazy on paper. It's confusing because he really does seem like a caring man who personalizes Kendra and seems to really know her and love her for who she is.

I hope that Hank's business works out because he and his partner seem like very nice people.

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 1, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Her mother is straight up nuts and a taker.

Really? I'd like to hear more about this!

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 12:22 AM

Centerfold
I hope that Hank's business works out because he and his partner seem like very nice people

I agree. I really like Hank and this could be a very lucrative business for them especially with the athletes he knows. I wish him and Terrell all the best. If he fails Kendra will be gone soon after so I'm going to say my prosperity prayer for them tonight. lol

Kendra's photo shoot looked good. Her body is in great shape but when they did a quick close up of her face on a couple of the photo pics she looked so much older than her 27 years...IMO. I was quite surprised by that.

I remember early on when Hank was still a football player Kendra would kiss him all the time now she kisses baby Hank every time she see him like she's seeing him for the first time in a long time and Hank is now good for a hug. Also, when they sit on the couch, not their talking heads, she sits with a lot of distance between them.

Edited by prosperity2day, Aug 2, 2012 @ 12:24 AM.

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

I find Kendra's mom and grandmother very amusing. I like her grandmother more than her mom. Her mom can say some very odd things. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with respect to this. lol

Recall how when Kendra went down to visit her for that speech at the girl's club? Kendra's mom was quick to bring up how terrible Kendra was as a teen. She couldn't resist telling Kendra that Little Hank could grow up and give her the same hell that Kendra gave her mom. It's true, but was it really necessary? Is she still that hurt by Kendra that she just can't let it go? I think she still holds a grudge against Kendra. And recall how she got so angry with Kendra when she announced her pregnancy? I think she just has something in her that is at odds with Kendra. I can see why Kendra may want to stay away from her.

I'm sure there are some other examples of bizarre things about Kendra's mom from the show, but they escape me right now.

And yes, the physical distance between Kendra and Hank is VERY obvious IMO and that is not a good sign.

SunnyBeBe

SunnyBeBe

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 2, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

I find Kendra's mom and grandmother very amusing. I like her grandmother more than her mom. Her mom can say some very odd things. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree with respect to this. lol

Recall how when Kendra went down to visit her for that speech at the girl's club? Kendra's mom was quick to bring up how terrible Kendra was as a teen. She couldn't resist telling Kendra that Little Hank could grow up and give her the same hell that Kendra gave her mom. It's true, but was it really necessary? Is she still that hurt by Kendra that she just can't let it go? I think she still holds a grudge against Kendra. And recall how she got so angry with Kendra when she announced her pregnancy? I think she just has something in her that is at odds with Kendra. I can see why Kendra may want to stay away from her.

I'm sure there are some other examples of bizarre things about Kendra's mom from the show, but they escape me right now.

And yes, the physical distance between Kendra and Hank is VERY obvious IMO and that is not a good sign.

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 6:40 PM

Funny that Kendra didn't mention how she got out of San Diego and escaped all her troubles. She moved to LA to pimp herself out to an old man! Brava, and what a role model!

derekevans

derekevans

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 12:55 PM

I just finished reading both of Kendra's books (I know! But they were in the remainder bin.) She comes across as much savvier about her fame and 'career' but not really the introspective type. The show is apparently pretty staged, as was GND - they have to come up with storylines for the show, and often will go back to reshoot scenes months later. Kendra describes having to reshoot a scene of her and Hank having a fight, when the original fight was real, but they had to act it out for the cameras again because they didn't get the right footage the first time. Bizarre.

It's quite sad to see the change from "we fell instantly in love and it's perfect and we're soulmmates and now I'm pregnant and it's going to be great and I'm going to be the perfect mom" to "he's a wimp and he doesn't stand up for me and it's so hard and I'm stuck here and I can't even shower regularly" between books. I know a lot of newlyweds/new moms go through that, it's still sad to read.

vinyl

vinyl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2012 @ 6:36 AM

I wonder if their relationship would've lasted had Kendra not gotten pregnant.

MaryWebGirl

MaryWebGirl

Fanatic

Posted Aug 21, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

I think they still would have gotten married because Kendra saw it as her ticket out of the Mansion and into a new career as an NFL wife/TV star. I also think it's telling that they don't have a second kid (remember all the tabloid covers right after baby Hank was born with her saying she wanted another baby?).

xls

xls

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:22 PM

Hef and Kendra's relationship always seems rather sweet, and yet their background seems so sleazy on paper. It's confusing because he really does seem like a caring man who personalizes Kendra and seems to really know her and love her for who she is.

He really lights up when he see Kendra-I think she's his favorate of all the GND. Wonder where his wife was?

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:36 PM

Banging the butler?  Not nice?  Sorry.  JK

I think Hank is so adorable!  Usually in these shows they try to hide the nanny/housekeeper.  I kind of like it that these two don't. 

Didn't Kendra quit that diving show? 

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:38 PM

Kendra is so selfish. She promised Hank a few hours earlier she wouldn't do the bodypaint, then sashays up gyrating in front of Hank and his friends like some skank. Hank was hurt to the point of tears and her response is "I wanted  to do it." Huh? Then Hank ends up telling her how hot she looks and saying "You deserve it." Really?? He is whipped and she has no problem running over him. I have always liked Kendra back from S1 of GND but I thought she was really insensitive and nasty.

His partner in the business doesn't try to hide his disdain for Kendra at all and his face was pure disgust when she flung open her robe and started dancing in front of them. It was so inappropriate.

It's time for Kendra to grow the hell up. Her constant "I'm still young, I'm hot, I'm a grown ass woman(how about acting like one)..I can do what I want"..Uuugh.

She still wants to be the hot girl running around the mansion with her tits hanging out and it's tired.

Edited by 80sBaby, Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:39 PM.

beaglelove

beaglelove

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:18 PM

Is this show back on with new episodes? 

Kendra is so selfish. She promised Hank a few hours earlier she wouldn't do the bodypaint, then sashays up gyrating in front of Hank and his friends like some skank. Hank was hurt to the point of tears and her response is "I wanted to do it."

Kendra better not ever upset Hank to the point of tears.  Hank is so sweet and kind to do so much for Kendra.  I hope she realizes what she has

in him.  Kendra needs to grow up and put her relationship first.  Kendra isn't that young anymore and she was never all that hot. 

Xerographic

Xerographic

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 8:57 PM

Is this show back on with new episodes?

Season 2 started last night.

Didn't Kendra quit that diving show?

Yup. She withdrew from the competition due to "personal reasons" prior to Week 4's start.

Just finished watching the first episode of Season 2. Not happy about this manufactured drama. It's not too difficult to tell when Kendra is acting....

BitterApple

BitterApple

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 7:34 AM

I agree that Kendra better appreciate what she has in Hank. The only selling points she had were her tits and blonde hair. Her face, imo, is really rough looking for such a young girl and the competition for rich men in LA is insane. Her shelf life has pretty much expired.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 12:32 PM

And tits and blonde hair are a dime a dozen in LA. That leaves her with . . ?

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:13 PM

...a difficult personality?

JBL228

JBL228

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:32 PM

Hank Sr. and Junior are just awesome! I want to see more of Hank Jr.

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 6:01 PM

Xerographic

Season 2 started last night.

I missed it.  Is this show still on the WE network?

Edited by prosperity2day, Sep 15, 2013 @ 6:08 PM.

ginger90

ginger90

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 6:09 PM

It's on Friday night on WE

prosperity2day

prosperity2day

Fanatic

Posted Sep 15, 2013 @ 6:21 PM

ginger90

It's on Friday night on WE

Thanks ginger90.  Can't wait to see how much little Hank has grown.  

LabLover27

LabLover27

Fanatic

Posted Sep 16, 2013 @ 12:37 AM

He's adorable!  Getting big!

Sugarbaker

Sugarbaker

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 3:43 PM

I'm sure it will be addressed this season, but I can't help but feel that this baby she and Hank are trying to have is simply a band aid baby. While she loves being a mom, (and if Celeb Wife Swap is any minor indication) she's happy and comfortable with one child for the foreseeable future. IMHO, she's doing this more because Hank wants another child.

DangerousMinds

DangerousMinds

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 23, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

So, one of Kendra's exes is working out at Hank's gym? She was with Hef for what, 3-4 years, then Hank overlapped with the mansion. So is this supposed to be a BF from her teen years? And Hank is supposed to truly be concerned about this? It doesn't jive with me.

80sBaby

80sBaby

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 27, 2013 @ 11:33 PM

What the heck is going on with Kendra's mom and her hair??

It is always horrible. Her hair every time she has appeared over the years looks like a dry dust mop/Halloween costume wig.  

Kendra's career seems to be just about dried up. Maybe she could try a sitcom? 

Her skin looked rough tonight, she's only 27..better start doubling up on the sunscreen or something. I loved GND, and Kendra was my favorite but the way she treats her husband is a turnoff.  She doesn't appreciate the blessing she has in him.