Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:47 PM

Title for 2.15
Spoiler

http://www.greenarro...sode-2-15/16142

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:50 PM

Wonder how Laurel comes to the conclusion that Blood is dangerous. I'm glad she's getting something to do though

I really hope there is a logical reason for her to suspect Blood rather than her feminine intuition just tingling otherwise it is going to feel like she "knows" just for the sake of inserting her into the plot.  For some reason I don't have a lot of confidence that she won't be worked into this in a very clunky manner. 

Danny Franks

Danny Franks

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:51 PM

Ha! Not even for a fellow Chuck fan? ;)

Well... maybe....

Oh my GOD, Sean Maher (aka my beloved Simon)  is going to play a role on Arrow?! I certainly picked the perfect time to hop aboard! 

I think he's only in the one episode. But Summer is on the show, in a recurring capacity. They've had quite the list of genre names guest starring (some used well, some wasted). John Barrowman, James Callis, Ben Browder, Tahmoh Penikett, Kelly Hu, J August Richards, Seth Gabel, Janina Gavankar, Alex Kingston.

It'd be cool if Maher's character was one of those picked to be a recurring villain. Too many of them are killed off when there's probably mileage left. But then others are brought back to life when they shouldn't have been.

I really hope there is a logical reason for her to suspect Blood rather than her feminine intuition just tingling otherwise it is going to feel like she "knows" just for the sake of inserting her into the plot.  For some reason I don't have a lot of confidence that she won't be worked into this in a very clunky manner. 

I think she says something in the promo about his past not adding up. I hope that she asks him some innocuous question about how he got into politics, and the answer he gives jibes with something he's previously said, and that sets her Laurel Senses tingling so she investigates further.

What might be interesting here is the prospect of Laurel having to convince Arrow to look into Blood, and him being reluctant to do so. Because Oliver does believe in Blood, and will probably be under the impression that Laurel does too.

Edited by Danny Franks, Jan 8, 2014 @ 4:54 PM.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 5:11 PM

MsTaken, having just done a rewatch of the first nine episodes, I'll agree that it's probably best to start at the beginning with Arrow, because of some of the nuances from there that show up later, with two notes:

1. The first few episodes are in my opinion probably the weakest of the show's entire run so far, so please trust me when I say the show gets much better. Much.

2. The horrible voiceovers in the first few episodes will go away. I promise :)

Edited by quarks, Jan 8, 2014 @ 5:12 PM.

hyperinflation

hyperinflation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 5:26 PM

Honestly, you won't appreciate any of Season 2 if you skip Season 1. The show goes through substantial growth and evolution and none of the emotional attachment will be there for you if you skip S1. Even the shitty procedural episodes in early S1 have important characterization in them.

Is it just me or is Katie Cassidy's face looking really strangely pointy lately?

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 5:41 PM

Is it just me or is Katie Cassidy's face looking really strangely pointy lately?

Lol, I noticed it as well. 

ChlarkForever

ChlarkForever

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:04 PM

Her face has been looking gaunt lately, I'm  concerned. It seems she lost quite a bit of weight.

Starfish35

Starfish35

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:07 PM

MsTaken, the entire first season is on Netflix, if you have access to that.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:14 PM

Looks like that extended promo is episodes 10-12. Bronze Tiger must be back in episode 12. I wonder if he's working with/for Brother Blood?

writersblock51

writersblock51

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:32 PM

I was hoping Bronze Tiger would be back!  I'm assuming he's part of the Blood/Slade group.

Our household has been thinking that Katie Cassidy looked a bit peaked from the beginning of the season.  And her arms and legs seem more slim than last season.  Overall, not a healthy look, in my opinion.

ali59

ali59

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:47 PM

Her face has been looking gaunt lately, I'm  concerned. It seems she lost quite a bit of weight.

Several weeks ago I rewatched  "The Odyssey" a mid-season 1 episode.  I was shocked at how round (and normal) Katie Cassidy's face was in the episode compared to this season.  She seems to have lost A LOT of weight that in my opinion, she didn't have to lose in the first place.

hyperinflation

hyperinflation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 6:52 PM

People are speculating that Katie's been training for BC which might explain her weight loss? I don't know, she was very skinny to begin with and you'd think with training like that, you'd put on muscle like Gal Gadot is doing for Wonder Woman.

SilverLake0315

SilverLake0315

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 7:00 PM

JMO but there's no way it's due to training.  I know there was a lot of "she's looking heavier" talk toward the end of last season and I think she took it personally and too far.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 7:04 PM

I think everyone has noticed the weight loss but no one knows why so the speculation varies widely. I've also seen people claim there's no difference between S1 and S2. Or that its all the clothing, makeup artists that make her look different on the show.

From the pictures that ended up on twitter I'd say she's definitely lost a lot of weight and no I don't think it's because she's training.

pootlus

pootlus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 7:09 PM

In no universe that I'm familiar with could Katie Cassidy ever be assigned the description 'heavier'. I did notice a few episodes back that she was looking thinner, and hoped that it was clever makeup/lighting to highlight Laurel's drug problem.

Don't see how it could be part of BC training, she'd be putting on muscle, not losing what little she had to start with.

SilverLake0315

SilverLake0315

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 7:13 PM

In no universe that I'm familiar with could Katie Cassidy ever be assigned the description 'heavier'.

I agree, but I saw it mentioned dozens of times.  She looked so much healthier last season.

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 8:08 PM

In no universe that I'm familiar with could Katie Cassidy ever be assigned the description 'heavier'. I did notice a few episodes back that she was looking thinner, and hoped that it was clever makeup/lighting to highlight Laurel's drug problem.

Don't see how it could be part of BC training, she'd be putting on muscle, not losing what little she had to start with.

I'm not sure how a drug problem could set up her being BC, at least with Roy, we saw him going around trying to save people and stuff before he got injected.

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 10:10 PM

The title for episode 2.15 has me worried about Sara's health.  Could be a totally different context but I'm not the most optimistic viewer. 

writersblock51

writersblock51

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 10:48 PM

Bkwurm, when I first heard the episode title, my thoughts immediately when to Sara and Laurel.  Not feeling optimistic either.

hyperinflation

hyperinflation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:11 PM

I'm not sure how a drug problem could set up her being BC, at least with Roy, we saw him going around trying to save people and stuff before he got injected.

I don't necessarily disagree with people who say this is supposed to be Laurel's crucible, but they're writing it very badly so far. So she's got a pill addiction and lost her job? Uh, sad I guess, but not exactly superhero-making stuff. She's got to have another catalyst, and I'll be really sorry if Sara's death is it. 

Machuran

Machuran

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:13 PM

I don't necessarily disagree with people who say this is supposed to be Laurel's crucible, but they're writing it very badly so far. So she's got a pill addiction and lost her job? Uh, sad I guess, but not exactly superhero-making stuff. She's got to have another catalyst, and I'll be really sorry if Sara's death is it.

Please no, especially after her previous 'deaths'.

hyperinflation

hyperinflation

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:20 PM

Please no, especially after her previous 'deaths'.

It would literally be overkill.

Edited by hyperinflation, Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:20 PM.

pootlus

pootlus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 11:52 PM

Regarding the episode title for 2.15 (which I honestly don't think needs to be behind spoiler tags), I don't think it's a reason to be pessimistic about Sara in particular (disclaimer: I haven't read any spoilers). If it was "Canary's Fall" or something more overt, then I'd be worrying. To be honest that title is so vague it could just about be anything.

ChlarkForever

ChlarkForever

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:22 AM

http://www.popsugar....-Video-33393654

Amell talking about Oliver's messy love life. Lol Sounds similar to the quiver podcast. I have my theories about this and I definitely have conflicting feelings! 

As far as Sara, If she is biting the dust it'll most likely be in the finale when a big "epic" battle occurs. 

Edited by ChlarkForever, Jan 9, 2014 @ 1:22 AM.

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:18 AM

Amell talking about Oliver's messy love life. Lol Sounds similar to the quiver podcast. I have my theories about this and I definitely have conflicting feelings! 

I'd rather he rekindle something with Sara than jump into a Felicity situation.  Of course there is some wishful thinking in that thought since I assume in the early seasons of Arrow I have to assume Oliver's love interests are either going to turn evil, die (or at least move away after coming to physical harm) or be Laurel.

jessie09

jessie09

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:30 AM

Spoiler

Edited by jessie09, Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:42 AM.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:31 AM

According to GreenArrowTV, Ben Sokolowski is one of the writers of episode 2.15, and considering Berlanti's tweet to Sokolowski about

Spoiler

Edited by LisaJ, Jan 9, 2014 @ 2:31 AM.

SleepDeprived

SleepDeprived

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 5:10 AM

Sean Maher (aka my beloved Simon)  is going to play a role on Arrow?!

Found the split second image of Mr. Tam's role in next week's episode through the power of google, for ya:

Now, while poking around the interwebs for Blast Radius images of the lovely Simon Tam, I accidentally happened upon a sufficiently detailed review of the episode. I'm not too pleased with myself since I actually wanted to be a little bit surprised about some things next week but, well, before I knew it, I had clicked and was already reading about halfway through. Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal, fast-mouse-clicking-fingers!

And, because I totally want others to, "accidentally," get spoiled too:

Edited by SleepDeprived, Jan 9, 2014 @ 5:12 AM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 7:10 AM

Sorry, I get confused as to what's considered a spoiler, I know official episode descriptions aren't but I couldn't remember if episode titles are or are not.  So, I'll take a chance and take it out of spoiler font.  Episode 2.15 is called "The Promise"

And to back up what LisaJ said

Spoiler

Thanks for the warning, I'm way to spoiled for this episode as is, think I'll save something for the actual episode.

So, question about that popsugar interview.  I know he said there was romance coming up, with someone we've already seen on the show but there was some stuff i didn't catch.  I think he talked about romance and domestic stuff like sleeves rolled up in the kitchen cooking (but Oliver can't cook) but then he mentioned the island.  This is what I couldn't make out.  Did he say it would probably end up being a romance on the island?  

Edited by morrigan2575, Jan 9, 2014 @ 7:17 AM.

Bkwurm

Bkwurm

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2014 @ 8:47 AM

I think he talked about romance and domestic stuff like sleeves rolled up in the kitchen cooking (but Oliver can't cook) but then he mentioned the island.  This is what I couldn't make out.  Did he say it would probably end up being a romance on the island? 

He first said Oliver can't cook and then said that well, he probably picked up a few tricks on the Island, re: cooking.  That's all you missed.