1-21: "An Apple Red as Blood" 2012.05.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

259 replies to this topic

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

Regina put the White Rabbit there since she knew Jefferson had his telescope trained on his daughter. It was a message for him to see her.

Did anyone else expect Henry to take a bigger bite of the turnover. It seemed like he just took a little nibble from it. I liked his nervous look while chewing it... I guess he really wanted to be right, but he also knew he would be poisoned in moments if he was correct. People who willingly take poison should maybe sit down first. It was strange how Snow White let go of her apple a few moments after falling unconscious, and same with Henry... probably both were shot the same way?

funnybia

funnybia

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

I don't think it's the acting, I think everyone's great, I don't have any problem with how MM/Snow are portrayed and I honestly think that if it weren't for Jennifer Morrison playing Emma, there would be a lot more people complaning about her. There's only so much an actor can do with sloppy writing, take Emma last week for example, good writing- good acting.

rtms

rtms

Couch Potato

• Interests:TV

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Jefferson said she knew he would come when he saw the card, since he always watches Paige. This implies that he never did leave storybrooke but somehow vanished out the window, over to some other point in the town. How he did that I don't get, whether it was the hat or he landed on his feet and scrambled away. Clearly though he didn't go to another realm because he said Emma didn't have enough magic or belief etc to activate the hat. Since Regina barley had any herself and that was used to just get a small object through. There is just no way he could be wandering another realm without enough magic around and watch Paige somehow.

jennifda

jennifda

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

While it might be more satisfying to have some huge "real" reason for Regina to hate Snow, I can also argue that revenge is often pursued for the slightest of reasons and its virulence and longevity often have little to do with the severity of the original "crime

Did I imagine it or in the pilot (or somewhere) didn't Snow say something about Regina wanting to kill her because she (Snow) was fairer than Regina? That Part of the story seems to have gotten totally lost. I find the Daniel death revenge at least a bit more logical than the normal story reason.

Personally, I would be super pleased if it is not a kiss from Emma (in this world or their original world) that saves Henry and would love the twist if it is Regina's tears or something like that(although I get the whole "she cannot love bit). It is just a bit icky to have "true love's kiss" to come from your mom and would be weirder if it cme from another kid like Paige.

Andiekins

Andiekins

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

"Jefferson said she knew he would come when he saw the card, since he always watches Paige. This implies that he never did leave storybrooke but somehow vanished out the window, over to some other point in the town."

Oh, that's right! My mind completely skipped over that part. Sorry.

I can easily buy the hat having enough magic to land him on the other side of town, but I wish the writers had just put in a line of dialogue about where he was.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

Did I imagine it or in the pilot (or somewhere) didn't Snow say something about Regina wanting to kill her because she (Snow) was fairer than Regina? That Part of the story seems to have gotten totally lost. I find the Daniel death revenge at least a bit more logical than the normal story reason.

You didn't imagine it. The line's inconsistency with the story we've been given since then suggests that the showrunners hadn't yet hammered out the details of the Snow and Regina rivalry by the time they filmed the pilot, so they went with the standard "who's the fairest of them all" schtick until they came up with the real story (which we get a hint of in the second episode, which would've been shot months later)

Personally, I would be super pleased if it is not a kiss from Emma (in this world or their original world) that saves Henry and would love the twist if it is Regina's tears or something like that(although I get the whole "she cannot love bit). It is just a bit icky to have "true love's kiss" to come from your mom and would be weirder if it cme from another kid like Paige.

Even though "True Love's Kiss" is assumed to be romantic, I don't see why maternal love can't count as well. At that age, no one loves Henry more than his mother. If he had to rely on romantic love to awaken him, he'd be screwed.

Edited by oldandnewfirm, May 7, 2012 @ 11:14 PM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

Jennifer Morrison can not act - she is indistinguishable from the character she played on HOUSE.

I really don't think Emma is even vaguely like Cameron.

Did I imagine it or in the pilot (or somewhere) didn't Snow say something about Regina wanting to kill her because she (Snow) was fairer than Regina?

This came up when James - who she was still antagonistic towards - asked her why the queen was after her. It was probably a retcon but in-universe I can see why she wouldn't want to share the whole story with a stranger she doesn't like.

Archie annoyed me this episode. I don't remember Henry skipping school so I'm sure it can't be a common occurence and how in the world is Emma to blame for Henry stealing Mary Margaret's credit card before the two even met? And Henry really doesn't seem even remotely upset by the war between his mother and the woman he doesn't seem to give a damn about but reluctantly calls mother. Maybe Archie should pay some actual attention to the situation before parroting off an answer. Was he even listening to himself? "Yes, I know that Regina acts like a crazy person all of the time and overreacts to everything but, really, she was just trying to protect Henry against the threat you represent. This is clearly your fault"? I thought he had recovered his conscience ages ago! And just because Regina won't intentionally hurt Henry doesn't mean that he's better off with her. Archie knows what Regina has done. Emma can't prove it but that doesn't mean the right answer is Emma going away and hoping that this will appease Regina and her craziness. That sounds like the opposite of a good idea.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:05 PM

Princess Aldrea,
I thought Archies behavior was 'off' and I wonder if it had something to do with Regina using some of her magic to bolster her curse. It really was out of character for Archie.. quite a reversion.. and, as you point out, some of the things he mentions have nothing to do with Emma.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Although I understand Jefferson feeling as if he had nothing to lose, I still think he's an idiot. If Regina used all her magic to retrieve the apple, he should have realized she had none left to rewrite his story. He could have let the portal close and Regina would be out of magic and pretty helpless.

As far as the "She thinks I'm prettier than her" in the pilot, consider the situation. Here's this cocky stranger Charming getting all up in her business. I can easily see her saying this sarcastically.

I was really hoping the dream sequence would turn out to be EMMA's dream. That would have been cool.

I'm starting to wonder if Emma is the savior partly because she gave birth to Henry. After all, he seems to have spearheaded most of this. If he didn't exist, Emma would have had no reason to come to Storeybrook, as August didn't become penitent and in pain until after she decided to stay.

Regina gloating to Rumple about fixing things brought her down in my mind. She's nothing but a freakin' bully. Her "evilness" is just staring to be pathetic.

oldandnewfirm

oldandnewfirm

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

Although I understand Jefferson feeling as if he had nothing to lose, I still think he's an idiot. If Regina used all her magic to retrieve the apple, he should have realized she had none left to rewrite his story. He could have let the portal close and Regina would be out of magic and pretty helpless.

I think the curse has an independent supply of magic sustaining it. Regina can't tap into it for her personal use (to power magical items/cast spells/what have you) but she can use it for anything related to the curse-- changing memories, waking people up, that sort of thing.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

Although I understand Jefferson feeling as if he had nothing to lose, I still think he's an idiot.

While Jefferson is not in the least evil, he lacks honor. We have seen that many of the "good" characters lack honor. Gepetto comes to mind.

If he had real honor, it would prevent him from entering into what is essentially a betrayal of an innocent party, Emma. Regardless of how much he wants to be with his child. Regina preys on people with a poor sense of honor.

Prince Charming is a character with an almost impossible sense of honor. Hence, he is incorruptible.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

Henry really does skip school. I'm pretty sure he skipped school to go find Emma. He skipped school again the next day when he came back to town when he took off and Emma had to find him at the castle. He skipped school to help Emma search the apartment for clues about a break-in. There are a few more instances where Henry pops up around the middle of the day where it's debatable on if it's like 3pm and he's out of school already or just didn't go. Like this episode, after Emma takes him and brings him back, then it seems like Regina placed the card on the bicycle at school so it SEEMS like it was a school day, but then we see Henry with August so it's like did Henry go to school or not? Did he come see August after? But he didn't have his backpack.

Personally, I think this is all evidence that Regina doesn't EVER have a clue where her kid is rather than signs that Emma's a bad influence. He runs around the forests in the middle of the night. He went into the mine. Emma is always walking him TO school, or seeing him after school at pickup time and she at least notices when he pops up and is like "Uh why aren't you at school?" Though she didn't send him when she noted it either. Just told him to stay out of the way. But still, she drops him off at home or Regina's office or even makes sure he is walked home by someone (David most recently.)

Can't imagine Mary Margaret is ever eager to mention or check in with Regina to say Henry didn't show either. Guess Regina finds out when she sees the report cards. In last week's episode, Henry easily could have skipped school if he hadn't forgotten his lunch. Regina obviously sent him out the door to go, and Henry went to Granny's instead and met with Emma. Then Emma apparently walked him to the school (or at least halfway since she wasn't with him when he arrived.)

I was actually glad that Archie told Emma she had no case since really that's the truth at that point.

I agree the magic of the curse seems to be self-sustaining, something Regina has to manipulate rather than create, and the only thing that fries it is Emma.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

I didn't mind what Archie was saying since he was trying to tell Emma that trying to take custody of Henry away from Regina was not a good idea, and there was no evidence that Regina had been mistreating him, nor was there any evidence that having Emma around had improved Henry's well-being. From Archie's perspective as a psychologist in "our" reality, Henry was still having delusions about a curse and his mother being an Evil Queen. Having Emma around had sustained that and even magnified it. I don't think Archie was on Regina's side per se, and he was very sympathetic to Emma. He just felt it wasn't in Henry's best interest to be caught in the middle of a custody battle. However, I agree wholeheartedly that a lot of what Archie said was not actually Emma's fault.

Corydora

Corydora

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:28 AM

I suspect a lot of Fairy Tale Land debris was sucked into Storybrooke along with everyone affected. Mr. Gold's shop has items that shouldn't be in his possession (like the mobile that had been over Emma's crib that we saw in "The Shepherd"). People seem to have come to Storybrooke from the Enchanted Forest in a much larger and stronger version of the vortex Bae disappeared into. It makes sense (to me at least!) that people wouldn't be the only things to be sucked into the portal when it seemed to travel like a tornado. The coffin's current location might have just been where it landed when it reached Storybrooke or the mines could have been a hiding spot of Regina's for inconvenient items that made the trip that she didn't want to be lying around.

I hope we get an episode that takes place minutes after the curse sweeps through. We could see Mr. Gold land in his shop surrounded and picking through the rubble for things to keep. Regina waking up in her bed as Mayor. Then spookiness of the others wandering like zombies until their new identities "take effect." It could be a good show.

Notice how Mr. Gold looked interested when he said "So you made magic, from magic?" I don't think he knew you could do that. He has all of those magicked items collected; I am sure he will be using them now for that.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 2:08 AM

Grumpy has the best lines. "Leave that little knife stuffed between your tuffets."

Makenna

Makenna

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:07 AM

Did I imagine it or in the pilot (or somewhere) didn't Snow say something about Regina wanting to kill her because she (Snow) was fairer than Regina?
This came up when James - who she was still antagonistic towards - asked her why the queen was after her. It was probably a retcon but in-universe I can see why she wouldn't want to share the whole story with a stranger she doesn't like.

As far as the "She thinks I'm prettier than her" in the pilot, consider the situation. Here's this cocky stranger Charming getting all up in her business. I can easily see her saying this sarcastically.

I think you guys are getting the two scenes mixed up. In the pilot Snow tells Charming that Regina and her curse are a valid threat because she "poisoned an apple because [Regina] thought [Snow] was prettier than her." And it's in the 3rd episode Snow Falls that Charming and Snow meet for the first time where she tells him the Queen hates her because she [Snow] ruined her life.

xqueenfrostine

xqueenfrostine

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 4:39 AM

Why is Regina not bringing up Belle when she was so desperate to have Gold help her out and he doesn't think she has anything left to offer him? It can't just be that she's afraid he'll say 'please' and let her out because if it were that simple Gold wouldn't need to make any deals at all with Regina. He could have asked for his cup back and those charges dropped for free. And maybe even for Regina to leave Emma alone.

I think Regina's saving that one for something really really important and won't use it unless she has no other option. She'll be taking a real risk when she reveals to Gold that she's had Belle locked up all this time. I mean, yes he'll probably be relieved that she's alive and desperate to have her back, but after that passes he's going to be pretty damn pissed that Regina lied to him about what happen, kept Belle locked up in a mental ward for 28 years AND did whatever she had to to keep her imprisoned in FairyTale Land during the year(s) that fell between the events of Skin Deep and the curse. If I were Regina, I would not be eager to reveal this information to Gold while stuck in a situation where I couldn't flee afterward. I see Belle is an insurance policy. An ax set behind glass for use in a fire. She's not normal a bargaining chip, she's gotta be for emergencies only. And getting rid of Emma at this point didn't qualify as an emergency.

Snow White/Mary Margaret is miscast and she can't pull off the story- she is not beautiful, not even consistently cute, not charismatic, or not even able to be full of herself and it makes all her scenes ridiculous

Couldn't disagree more. I find Ginny Goodwin to be incredibly captivating. And with her dark hair and roses and cream complexion, she looks exactly how I would have pictured a real life Snow White to look. I think she's gorgeous. But I think Lana is too, so clearly beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Henry really does skip school. I'm pretty sure he skipped school to go find Emma. He skipped school again the next day when he came back to town when he took off and Emma had to find him at the castle. He skipped school to help Emma search the apartment for clues about a break-in. There are a few more instances where Henry pops up around the middle of the day where it's debatable on if it's like 3pm and he's out of school already or just didn't go. Like this episode, after Emma takes him and brings him back, then it seems like Regina placed the card on the bicycle at school so it SEEMS like it was a school day, but then we see Henry with August so it's like did Henry go to school or not? Did he come see August after? But he didn't have his backpack.

There's been at least two instances too (one in Red-Handed and I forget when the other happened) where Henry showed up at the police station midday and Emma asks him point blank why he isn't at school. I don't think he tells her he skipped, but he always has the sort of ready, convenient excuse of a practiced sneak.

Like Camera One, I didn't really have a problem with Archie's talk with Emma. I took it as Archie playing Devil's Advocate in order to explain to Emma how the situation might appear to an unbiased, outside party. Her case for custody is completely insubstantial without the ability to prove Regina's real crimes, and any lawyer for Regina's side would have made the points Archie did. I took what he said as his way of reasoning with her so that she wouldn't undertake a doomed venture that would be unlikely to leave anyone happy (save maybe Regina) in the end.

I hope we get an episode that takes place minutes after the curse sweeps through. We could see Mr. Gold land in his shop surrounded and picking through the rubble for things to keep. Regina waking up in her bed as Mayor. Then spookiness of the others wandering like zombies until their new identities "take effect." It could be a good show.

I really hope we see that too!

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 5:40 AM

Is it even possible for Regina to use Belle as a bait for Gold? Couldn't he just say: "I want you to let Belle free, please.

And I liked the episode very much. Yes, it was a bit cheesy, but I adored the attcking fairies. My only slight complaint is, that we already knew, that Charming, Snow, the dwarfes, Red and her grandmother would survive. That's the problem when using flash-backs.

Edited by Hick, May 8, 2012 @ 5:40 AM.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

And getting rid of Emma at this point didn't qualify as an emergency.

But why wouldn't it? Emma is the only threat she will ever really have to deal with. Gold might be dangerous and screw with her but he can't break the curse and Emma can. She seems like the biggest and really only emergency around.

Is it even possible for Regina to use Belle as a bait for Gold? Couldn't he just say: "I want you to let Belle free, please.

If she can't use Belle as bait what is the point of having her locked up and not just killing her? And if it was so easy to make Regina do bigger non 'move out of my way' things then why did Rumple admit to remembering? He did not look happy about having to do so.

I took it as Archie playing Devil's Advocate in order to explain to Emma how the situation might appear to an unbiased, outside party.

But then Emma asked if he'd honestly tell her if Henry was better off since arriving and he was all "It's not really about better..." and basically telling her that no, Henry was better off before. And it's Emma's fault that Regina's crazy and does crazy things. I don't think any sort of unbiased outsider would blame Regina's behavior on Emma.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:23 AM

Prince Charming is a character with an almost impossible sense of honor. Hence, he is incorruptible

Hence why he is also the most unrealistic and boring characters on this show. I really have a hard time understanding why a woman like Snow would find him the least bit interesting. He is cute, but dull and bland and a card board cut out.

I think that there is disagreement between what "honor," means for people, especially characters in a drama. I do think Gepetto has honor, he wanted to save his kid above all else. I don't think honor comes to people who don't have conflicting impulses...i.e. it is easy for Charming, he never has a conflicting thought in his head (if he even has any thoughts.) Moral dilemmas are interesting, and that is what this show is all about. Good people with honor make bad decisions or make the best decisions they can at the moment. Hence Emma freaking the hell out and wanting to get out of dodge, etc.

Jefferson on the other hand makes bad decision after bad decision. I think its supposed to be attributed to the "mad," in the hatter, but he doesnt act all that nutty, just sullen and pouty (and he looks so hot doing both. )

Someone brought up the point of why Regina didn't just give Emma the tart right then and there. Good point but I do think that would mean Regina has Emma's coma body on her hands and since she even the half asleep citizens of SB would figure out that Regina has much to gain for Emma dying, it would be hard for Regina to explain, especially since she has burned her bridges and sent Sydney to jail (another plot point forgotten, isnt Emma grilling him, and just WHY would he take the blame for the frame up) she doesnt have anyone to help drag a strapping blond around to dump her body somewhre.

stecciem

stecciem

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

Makenna, you may be right and I just can't remember that far back. If so, my apologies.

I also thought that Gold was intrigued that Regina could make magic from her things. If Gold does this also, it will also prove yet again that he has learned nothing.

I wonder if Regina is fighting so hard for Henry because as she puts it, "I just wanted to win, for once." Perhaps that is what is keeping Henry safe. I mean, she killed her own daddy. I can't see her not using her arch enemy's grandson against her, especially the way Henry treats her. Evil Queen Regina definitely would not have put up with that crap in Fairytale Land.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:47 AM

Prince Charming is a character with an almost impossible sense of honor. Hence, he is incorruptible

Hence why he is also the most unrealistic and boring characters on this show. I really have a hard time understanding why a woman like Snow would find him the least bit interesting. He is cute, but dull and bland and a card board cut out.

I have to disagree with this. Prince Thomas from the Cinderella episode, I would say he was decidedly dull, at least the little we saw of him. But James/Charming is a whole other story. We see in "Snow Falls" exactly why she would fall for him -- he's not at all a cardboard-cutout prince. He was heroic, he had valor. He doesn't care at all that she doesn't care at all who he is. He's a fighter.

David Nolan, on the other hand... I feel like David is a prime example for me on what the curse did to everybody: Take away every one of their good and admirable qualities and turn their personalities backwards. None of the heroism and valor we see in his Fairytale counterpart. I don't see Snow White falling for this guy, but then, Mary Margaret is nothing like Snow White either.

I think that there is disagreement between what "honor," means for people, especially characters in a drama. I do think Gepetto has honor, he wanted to save his kid above all else. I don't think honor comes to people who don't have conflicting impulses...i.e. it is easy for Charming, he never has a conflicting thought in his head (if he even has any thoughts.) Moral dilemmas are interesting, and that is what this show is all about. Good people with honor make bad decisions or make the best decisions they can at the moment.

Again, I will have to disagree that Gepetto showed "honor." I do not blame Gepetto for the decision he made, but what it showed was that he was human. But it was not particularly honorable. Honor, technically, would be accepting the sacrifice of one for the good of the many. Gepetto could not do that, and truth be told it is an impossible thing for a parent to have to do. And in the end he reacted in a human way. It's not good, and it's not bad. Gepetto probably is a very honorable man, in many other respects. But this decision was not an example of it.

Edited by Chicken Wing, May 8, 2012 @ 9:50 AM.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

Again, I will have to disagree that Gepetto showed "honor." I do not blame Gepetto for the decision he made, but what it showed was that he was human. But it was not particularly honorable. Honor, technically, would be accepting the sacrifice of one for the good of the many. Gepetto could not do that, and truth be told it is an impossible thing for a parent to have to do. And in the end he reacted in a human way. It's not good, and it's not bad. Gepetto probably is a very honorable man, in many other respects. But this decision was not an example of it.

I absolutely agree with most of this. To be honorable, to me, is to be honest, to be brave, to be fair in your dealings, or to do for the well-being of others (you don't have to do all of them, but you can't do the opposite of any of those consistently and still be honorable unless it's like Clark Kent lying about being Superman or some other "greater good" thing). No one does this 100% of this time (particularly when they sometimes conflict, and then there are "white lies"). But what Geppetto did for his son was not an "honorable" deed to me, because it was what he wanted at the expense of what was best for the world. It's sort of like paying someone to move your kid up the organ donor list. Your kid might have survived long enough if you hadn't cheated, and maybe no one else will die because of what you did. Except it's the whole world instead of one other person. I do think Geppetto has been honorable otherwise and probably counts as an honorable person (we've seen so little of him, it's hard to know for sure). And he still be an honorable person while having done dishonorable things.

I adore Charming, and I do think he's honorable. I'd say that's because his actions tend to be honorable ones, to me. When soldiers are being killed by the dragon, he's fighting his way there to help. Because "people are dying." Not friends or family, just people. He'd jump in to save any stranger off the street at the risk of his own life. How can that be other than honorable? That's very noble to me. He does lie about his identity. He agreed to do so for a price, and then was forced to do so after. He ran out on his bridge, but I have zero problem with people avoiding forced marriages. If we ever find out why he continue to lie about his identity after George was out of the picture, that may count as a point against his honor.

A good point for Abigail, too. Both she and Charming, having "lost" their loves, still moved to help others be with the ones they loved. Each cared for the happiness of the other, even though they didn't seem to care that much *about* each other. Because they are that kind of people - they wouldn't have others suffer the pain they did. Both of them (but especially Abigail) are such a brilliant contrast to Regina in that way.

The idea that a person whose impulses are mostly honorable cannot be an honorable person is completely wrong to me.

Edited by Tzigone, May 8, 2012 @ 10:12 AM.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

The idea that a person whose impulses are mostly honorable cannot be an honorable person is completely wrong to me.

I didn't say that he wasn't honorable, I said (or ment to say) that characters like that are dull, unimaginative and not realistic or a character you can relate to. Prince Charming is a romantic fantasy figure, not a full fledged character as he doesnt even have any conflicting emotions (i.e., and I am just using this as an easy example, Regina comes on to him in his cell, not even a flicker of lust or, "I can get out and talk her into letting Snow go," ...no he acts like a character from a bad novel "Be gone harlot and take your wiles with you!") Not the best example but all I could come up with.

I think, while Emma is a bit dull and they have her acting stupid for the plot, is honorable, as she overcame some bad crap in her life, and she actually has the temptation to do "bad," things, (i.e. part of her staying in town is to protect her kid, and another part is a big up yours to Regina, she wants to leave town with her kid without saying goodbye, etc.) but most of the time she chooses the right side..though it is a struggle for her. She overcomes her worst impulses...Prince Dullard doesnt have any conflict going on.

I dot think it is interesting that they make Snow something other then a damsel in distress, she has brains, she has guts, she has a mouth on her...but they have not bothered to elevate him over how he has always been potrayed.

karra

karra

Fanatic

• Interests:Writing, reading, baking.

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

I don't understand the problem with Jefferson having gotten up and run off. He lives in a giant mansion, of course it would've taken Emma and Mary a while to get out of it, plenty of time for him to run off to the garage or something. I assume he's still living there, I mean it's not like Emma's been back out there...

I also assume that he remembers simply because he travels through other realms.

Edited by karra, May 8, 2012 @ 11:53 AM.

LisaJ

LisaJ

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

Why is Regina not bringing up Belle when she was so desperate to have Gold help her out and he doesn't think she has anything left to offer him? It can't just be that she's afraid he'll say 'please' and let her out because if it were that simple Gold wouldn't need to make any deals at all with Regina. He could have asked for his cup back and those charges dropped for free. And maybe even for Regina to leave Emma alone.

Maybe Regina is afraid to bring up Belle because she doesn't know how strong Rumple is and what he's currently capable of.

I've been thinking the curse and about Regina being able to alter the memories of people in Storybrooke. I think that might answer one of my questions, of why did MM give the book to Henry in the first place. I now think it could've been Gold that made her do that by altering her memory so that Henry would find out about the curse and start searching for Emma. If Gold indeed has the same control on the curse as Regina, then who knows what else he can do and what other loopholes, in addition to Emma's death breaking the curse, he created in the curse that Regina might not even know of. She might not want to tempt him and choose to use Belle only when the time is right and when she's sure she'll have the upper hand.

If Gold is behind giving the book to Henry, that would also explain why Henry wasn't sure who he was in the Enchanted Forest, maybe he chose to leave himself out.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:37 PM

He lives in a giant mansion, of course it would've taken Emma and Mary a while to get out of it, plenty of time for him to run off to the garage or something.

They didn't have to go outside. IIRC, they just ran the the window he went through and looked down. Couldn't have been more than a few seconds. I really do hope they explain to us what exactly happened there, or else it's a plot-hole/continuity problem.

xqueenfrostine

xqueenfrostine

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:54 PM

But why wouldn't it? Emma is the only threat she will ever really have to deal with. Gold might be dangerous and screw with her but he can't break the curse and Emma can. She seems like the biggest and really only emergency around.

Because Regina still had other options to get rid of her. Maybe not now that she foolishly bungled her attempt to poison Emma, but at the time of Gold's refusal she still had other means of getting what she wants. I don't think she'll use Belle until that's all she has left. It's her nuclear option.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

I don't think James not lusting after Regina has anything to do with honor or is unrealistic. She's clearly evil, imprisoning him maybe forever, and is planning to kill his love. At this point, her looks are irrelevant given how much she's screwing him over.

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

If Gold is behind giving the book to Henry, that would also explain why Henry wasn't sure who he was in the Enchanted Forest, maybe he chose to leave himself out.

Haven't we seen several "illustrations" of in the book of Rumpelstiltskin though?