14-15: 2012.05.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

88 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Grammy Award winner Chris Brown takes to the stage with an incredible performance of his hit song “Turn Up the Music,” on “Dancing with the Stars the Results Show,” TUESDAY, MAY 8 (9:00-10:01 p.m., ET) on ABC. “Turn Up the Music,” written and produced by The Underdogs and Fuego, is Brown’s first single off his eagerly anticipated new album, “Fortune,” which releases May 8th.

Also during Tuesday night’s show, Dmitry Chaplin and Anya Garnis will perform a special routine from the “Dancing with the Stars Live in Las Vegas Show” to “Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?” “Macy’s Stars of Dance” will be an “American Bandstand” tribute to the legendary Dick Clark. The performance will be a huge dance number featuring pro dancers Karina Smirnoff, Tony Dovolani and the Troupe, choreographed by Jamal Sims and Wendy Johnson, and will pay homage to “American Bandstand,” representing four decades of the popular music show, with many of the original “Bandstand” regulars joining us in the audience.

By Tuesday evening’s end, two couples will be eliminated, as determined by a combination of the judges’ scores and viewers’ votes on dances performed on Monday’s performance show. Who among the six couples will be the next to leave the ballroom?

sab85

sab85

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Aww, I had hoped it would be Melissa and Maria. Sad to see Roshon go. A for Melissa, it was her time and she went out well. Though they did the eliminations really weird. I would have told three/four couples they were in jeopardy and then eliminated two.

The only thing that I had to fast-forward through tonight was Chris Brown. Tony, Karina, and the 'bandstand' kids were cute.

DanceCenter wasn't horrible but I thought it was a bit off from what it has been. And shorter.

Dmitry, so nice to see you again. Please come back next season and never learn what a button is. Hi Anya! Love you.

Edited by sab85, May 8, 2012 @ 9:13 PM.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

It wasn't a shocker really of the two who went home but, darn, I was really hoping that Mark and Derek would be the two going home (yeah don't even care who their partners are),just want those two gone. I'm just so tired of both of them, especially Mark thinking Katherine was given low scores. Really? If Donald doesn't win it, then I hope that William and all his hotness leaves with the mirror ball.

Edited by Crucial, May 8, 2012 @ 9:08 PM.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

Meh. I was hoping for a shock elimination with Maria or William. Roshon vs William was the *least* suspenseful matchup ever, considering that Tom straight-up said that someone was going to be eliminated then and there. Poor little noodly Roshon.

Dance Center was blah. I was hoping they'd go after Derek. And their bit about Mark was pointless. Mark provides so much ammo, and that's what they choose to go with?

Chris Brown needs to step on a rusty nail. And then he needs to stub his toe and get kneed in the balls.

After reading what another poster wrote about Donald actually requesting Peta, I am 100% in his corner. It's nice to hear that some of the celebs are willing to give newbie(ish) pros a chance. And the expression on his face when he was waiting to be announced as safe was adorable.

DONALD FOR THE $#&%@ WIN.

alaspata

alaspata

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

What was the point of saying that Katherine was in jeopardy only to say that Roshon was eliminated (before announcing that Melissa was in jeopardy)? I mean, Roshon didn't even get the chance to be in jeopardy!

ETA: Loved that Donald got the encore. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure that Katherine is one of the pets. Maria and William got 30s, Maria and Donald are the only two contestants who have gotten encores all season. IMO they have been propped up more than Katherine. Although Katherine has the highest average overall, she's never gotten a 30 nor had the encore...and then they place her in jeopardy.

Edited by alaspata, May 8, 2012 @ 9:13 PM.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

Thank you! I hated seeing Katherine and Mark in jeopardy. She is the best dancer there. At least we are rid of Melissa, who barely resembles herself anymore, and that tool Maks.

I wish that Maria had gone though instead of Roshon. I enjoy his dancing more than hers. And I knew it was a given that William, Carrie Ann's pet, would be safe. I got really tired of them showing that horrible clip of her meowing at him last night.

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

That wasn't a huge surprise, and I can't say I'm surprised (or sad) to see Melissa go. Roshon had really grown on me, so I was hoping he would be spared.
Didn't expect to see Katherine so emotional about being declared safe. I had really hoped Maria would be the other elimination. If she wins the mirrorball, I may have to throw stuff at my TV.

isiscloud

isiscloud

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

I might not watch the rest of the season No one I like and everyone is boring. Maybe William, but I'm tired of hearing him tell us he's Cuban every week. We Get it. I might root for Donald, but I don't know if he has real chance.

The singing on this show is horrendous, but that's nothing new. "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" was not good.

Roshon and Melissa were the right ones to go home, but yawn.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

And I knew it was a given that William, Carrie Ann's pet, would be safe.

Well, Carrie Ann doesn't control everything associated with the show and votes. William has done a great job, and he also seems to be Bruno's pet. In fact, all the judges have scored him high.

Moving on, Rod Stewart's "Maggie May" is tango music? Really, show? Ick.

CruiseDiva

CruiseDiva

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

The singing on this show is horrendous, but that's nothing new. "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" was not good.

That was certainly the most horrific rendition of that song I've ever heard...and I've heard it sung on a lot of times on cruise ships.

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

The singing on this show is horrendous, but that's nothing new.

I can't believe how badly they butchered "Hard to Handle" last night, not to mention "Stray Cat Strut." And tonight, when they played the show out with "Twice as Hard," it was more than twice as hard to listen to them massacre one of my favorite songs.

Sandynz

Sandynz

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

Donald ftw!

Looks like both Chelsie and Roshon knew that their time was up. Amazing effort right through though.

Ketzel

Ketzel

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

I had to mute the sound to watch Dmitry and Anya. That off-key yodeling of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" was so dreadful, I couldn't bear to listen to it.

So glad to see Melissa and Maks are out. They had such a sour and leaden spirit about them. I would have preferred to have Maria leave in Roshon's place, but no way the Golden Boy's partner is leaving before the finale, I'm afraid.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

I knew they would do the 2 eliminations separately to give each couple a special moment. Everytime the show did double eliminations it was always separate.

The show was stupid to pit William against Roshon. That was painfully obvious.

I think the show told Katherine she was in jeopardy so early on and kept reminding us to drum up votes for her. I think TPTB want a Katherine/William/Donald finale.

sintin

sintin

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Well, those were the expected results, though I was hoping for one of the judges' pets,preferably Maria to be this season's first shock elimination. Poor Roshon. He always gave it his all, and despite all the fuss of the dance-duels, he still fell short of the spot her deserved in the finals. He was all class, as was Melissa.

DanceCenter wasn't horrible but I thought it was a bit off from what it has been. And shorter.

It's a shame. DanceCenter hasn't really been great for several seasons now. If they're going to go after some pros, they should go after all of them, IMO. Between Maks, Derek and Mark they should have had more than enough ammo.

It was irritating how Tom and Co. made it seem like Len was being unreasonable for marking Team Daria down for the non-samba. Boo-hoo. And Val's shocked, WTF reaction to the 7 lost him all the goodwill he's built up this season. Et tu, Val?

For a moment, I was afraid Ryan Seacrest and Julianne would show up for the Dick Clark tribute.

Edited by sintin, May 8, 2012 @ 9:30 PM.

bluvelvet

bluvelvet

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

I knew Roshon was a goner and figured Melissa was the next one up however I was really hoping Maria would go. I liked Roshon and wished he had stayed.

Felt a bit bad for Donald in confessional when he felt that he let the girls down and stated that he had to be the problem. No Donald it's not only dance ability that determines scores. I hope you make it to the finals but it's probably gonna be Maria, Katherine and William.

Loved Anya, she is such a beautiful dancer.

Edited by bluvelvet, May 8, 2012 @ 9:31 PM.

aceplace57

aceplace57

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

Who did Katherine and Mark piss off? Putting them in jeopardy for most of the hour was just cruel. No one else was in jeopardy tonight. They were either safe or eliminated.

I felt bad for Roshon. He owned that dance floor this week and it didn't help him at all with the votes. Melissa and Maria were the two weakest left. Maybe Maria will go home in the semi-finals.

I'm glad Melissa doesn't have to spend another week in rehearsal with Maks. That cyst in his foot isn't helping his temper at all. The rehearsal footage the last two weeks was really bad. No celebrity should have to put up with that kind of crap from a pro dance teacher.

Edited by aceplace57, May 8, 2012 @ 9:35 PM.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:34 PM

It was irritating how Tom and Co. made it seem like Len was being unreasonable for marking Team Daria down for the non-samba. Boo-hoo. And Val's shocked, WTF reaction to the 7 lost him all the goodwill he's built up this season.

I thought it was just me that was thinking that.

This is one of my biggest complaints about the show.

PBGamer89

PBGamer89

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

I felt really bad for Katherine and Mark during the show. When Brooke interviewed them, she looked so defeated thinking she was gone. She's acknowledged that she's the least well known of the final 6 so she probably thought with that, plus her 3rd place finish in scores, she probably thought she was done.

It means a lot to her I think. She got so emotional when she was safe. I think she wants to break into American music and thinks this is her shot. I will fully support her because she just seems like such a nice, mature girl. I hope she finally gets her perfect 30 next week.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Sorry to see Melissa go, but I'm not at all surprised. I wasn't very familiar with her before this season, but her determination and warmth have impressed me. Her interviews with Maks have also been highly entertaining.

Poor Chelsie. Even with a Disney ringer she can't get to the finals. She probably needed a finals appears to secure her place next season. I suspect she'll have to duke it out with Lacey for a place now.

Now that Maks is gone, I'll probably start supporting William. I wouldn't mind a Donald win either. No way can I get behind Derek or Mark getting another trophey. It's too bad because I like Katherine otherwise. The only final four celeb I dislike is Maria, mostly because she's plotted every single move she's made on and off the floor.

scootman

scootman

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

The right two went home. Roshon was seriously overscored to try to save his Disney-employed ass, but that hasn't worked this year. It didn't work for Sherry, and it didn't work for him.

Interesting Final 4. I'm sure Slimy Len is trying to find a way to screw over Maria because 'it's not my cup of tea" as I write this. Pulling for the Donald-Maria-Katherine final.

Riahsha

Riahsha

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

Sad to see my last pre-season favorite go home, but now I can vote on the dancing.
Happy Birthday, Melissa!

Hoping for a Donald-Katherine-William finale with Donald ftw!

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:54 PM

Who did Katherine and Mark piss off? Putting them in jeopardy for most of the hour was just cruel. No one else was in jeopardy tonight. They were either safe or eliminated.

Most couples get their turn of being in jeopardy at some point in the season. Other couples have spent nearly the entire hour in jeopardy on other weeks. I feel no worse fo her than I did for any of them. The upside for Katherine is that sometimes being inn jeopardy spurs fans on to vote, although Roshon is proof that doesn't always work.

Which reminds me, last week I pointed out that it was possible Roshon didn't actually need the dance duels to save him. I later realized it's also possible he otherwise would have been eliminated twice and he was saved twice by the dance duel. Because of that second possiblity, I would like to think of Roshon as the first celebrity to be voted off three times in one season. It may not be true, but it's amusing.

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Gee, William 'Judges Favorite' Levy is in the semi-finals? Surprise, surprise.

I hate Hough/Ballas in finals yet again, too. So boring. I'm happy Donald & Peta made it through the end though.

4goneconclusion

4goneconclusion

Just Tuned In

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

Welcome back, Dmitry! You've been missed. Loved the dance with Anya, even if I did have to hit the mute button.

Happy for Donald, Katherine, and William and Maria.

Edited by 4goneconclusion, May 8, 2012 @ 10:01 PM.

MedicineCrow

MedicineCrow

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

As a matter of principle, when I see that shit-eating smile of Chris Brown, or even his face, I FF, change the channel or check out. The little prick is not going to waste one second of my time, no matter what he says or does. Selling Pitbull puppies on the internet -- blech, blech.

tip and fall

tip and fall

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

I hate Hough/Ballas in finals yet again, too.

Your comment made me realize that we'll be seeing at least one Hough/Ballas in the finals, possibly both.

God, how depressing.

rulesoftravel

rulesoftravel

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Anya looked amazing in the dance, but I was missing me some Pasha.

avecsans

avecsans

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

I have no feelings one way or the other about Roshon leaving, just like I had no feelings about him as a contestant. Just blah. Melissa leaving, on the other hand, makes me very happy. I'm glad to get rid of Maks, first of all, but I'm also really glad to get rid of her. There's just something about her that made watching her very uncomfortable for me. She tries too hard to be sexy or alluring or something and she just comes off as hard and pathetic. The lips, the sad tattoos, the hair, the fake saggy breasts - just age gracefully already.

I like Dmitry but I was not impressed at all with his dance. I agree with everyone who vetoed the rendition of "Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow" that must have made Carole King cry.

Judging by the expression on Maria's face while she watched the two eliminated couples, I would say she knew she was looking at her own future one week from tonight.

Even though I would have liked my lovely Tristan to have been the first former troupe member to win, I think I'm rooting for Donald and Peta. His jive was all kinds of great, and I love his attitude.

Sunshine55

Sunshine55

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Even though I would have liked my lovely Tristan to have been the first former troupe member to win, I think I'm rooting for Donald and Peta. His jive was all kinds of great, and I love his attitude.

Word to all of this! I liked Donald from the first moments he appeared this season (though I'd never heard of him before that because I don't watch football). But each week he charms me even more. I've been voting like crazy for him all season. He seems to have class and charisma, not to mention a boatload of dance talent.
But I just adored that jive! I didn't think anything could top some of JR and Karina's dances last season, but this one gives all of those a run for their money. He deserved a 10 just for leaping over Peta and Karina without injuring anybody!