12-12: "Blown Away" 2012.05.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

228 replies to this topic

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:29 AM

As for which direction Trump looks in to say, "You're fired!": Trump probably films a dozen different "You're fired!" scenes. No correlation whatsoever with where viewers think contestants are seated.

Showing my age, but back in the day Egypt's King Farouk was quite the man!
So "Farouk" was not an odd name to some of us!

Edited by LennieB, May 7, 2012 @ 7:35 AM.

fredfunk

fredfunk

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

Wow, she does look cute in the "cute" picture. I really don't understand why people take knives to their face. I just don't get it. As someone said above. She looks like a circus clown now.

You are right! I have been trying to place her face, now I've remembered. She looks like Pennywise the dancing clown from "It".

Edited by fredfunk, May 7, 2012 @ 8:08 AM.

Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:51 AM

I am watching this on my DVR and will continue and then comment further. But I have to ask when (and I'm by no means a prude) but when did the word "Bitch" become acceptable language for regular TV??? In the past when I have watched shows with that word on Basic cable (MTV,VH 1, TNT etc) it has been bleeped out. I usually only hear the word on Premium channels like Comedy central, HBO etc.

Historically, the word probably got into network TV around 1975/76, when it was said on shows like "Maude" and "Saturday Night Live" (Gilda Radner as Emily Litella would say it to Jane Curtin).

Aubrey's a liar and pretty much every negative thing folks have already said about her on this board. But she's probably going to make the final two with Clay because it's more exciting TV than Arsenio/Clay, though I'd like to see Arsenio win. He's got a temper but he's always willing to apologize with apparent sincerity. Lisa did just the opposite -- she told Trump she knows exactly when she's going to scream or cry, when it suits her purpose. I work with people like her, as well as Aubrey. Sadly, their tactic work and have hurt good people.

Also sadly, we're going to get two more weeks of a young woman who's fake inside and out -- she couldn't even be honest about being nervous when Trump gave her the chance. The sense of total non-accountability and entitlement is repugnant.

Clay will win this season and lose the "second place" image, which Trump reminded him about. Lisa will book more gigs and talk shows now that she got network exposure. Aubrey will join people like Omarosa and Rob and Amber as a "reality star" (a dubious distinction) and continue to do whatever she has to do to get attention, like posing for pictures, until one day she wakes up and, like the end of a "Twilight Zone," she finds that she has transformed into Lisa and screams, "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

It's not fair that Arsenio probably won't make the final two. But "The Apprentice" is a TV entertainment show, from the network that brought you "My Mother the Car," which was a much better-written, more skillfully acted and much more "real" program -- though it seems that Aubrey's been to the body shop more than the 1928 Porter.

Edited by Gypsy Bob, May 7, 2012 @ 8:02 AM.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:54 AM

Aubrey has name-dropped those world leaders before. Turns out that the "Fidel Castro" connection, and why she would have considered it a positive reference, comprised only some lectures while in a Semester-at-Sea program. But I have no reason to doubt that a person associated with Sean Combs would have been fortunate enough to meet Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama.

she couldn't even be honest about being nervous when Trump gave her the chance.

Who's to say John Rich or Marlee Matlin was 100% accurate about what Aubrey was feeling in the handshakes? Plenty of us have been misperceived by others, let alone by a third party who wasn't there. And even were she nervous, Aubrey was well-aware that Trump not only gives no points for "honesty," but often punishes for it. He appreciates the brazen bluff.

Edited by LennieB, May 7, 2012 @ 8:00 AM.

caboodle

caboodle

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:06 AM

don't most people who cannot read well compensate by memorizing or ad-libbing when speaking in public? That was painful to watch.

Actually, a lot of us with dyslexia have problems memorising, too. We either really get to know the subject and ad-lib, or we maneuver our way out of speaking. Theresa should have refused to do the presentation, but she probably was rattled by losing the trading to Lisa.

As for Lisa's size 16--LOL, except that when you buy very expensive clothing, they fiddle with the sizes to keep big ladies who are rich happy. It's like bridal gowns which are sized ridiculously.

Evs

Evs

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

Aubrey has name-dropped those world leaders before. Turns out that the "Fidel Castro" connection, and why she would have considered it a positive reference, comprised only some lectures while in a Semester-at-Sea program. But I have no reason to doubt that a person associated with Sean Combs would have been fortunate enough to meet Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama.

She told John and Marlee that she "worked with" Mandela etc. That's different from meeting them. I can't imagine the circumstances that would cause that to happen, although it is funny to imagine her bossing them around and twisting things to be all about her!

I ran into Scotty Pippen last weekend. That doesn't make me an NBA player.

Gypsy Bob

Gypsy Bob

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

As for Lisa's size 16--LOL, except that when you buy very expensive clothing, they fiddle with the sizes to keep big ladies who are rich happy.

It worked for Groucho with Margaret Dumont.

Sorry

Sorry

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

Glad to see that enormous tub of bitch-goo get fired.

Trump's ass has to be sore. Although on screen for only a short time that guy with the stupid cowboy hat did quite a bit of sucking.

Once again I belive the outcome of the task had to manipulated by King Trump. The losing team's layout at least looked classy. The winner looked like a Sear's back-to-school circular.

Teresa, it might have been a good idea to read through the copy a few times before your presentation and have somebody help you with the big words.

Does anyone really care who wins this? What a distasteful remaining trio!

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

I think it's understandable that some people didn't realize she was joking. For a comedian, she is not very funny.

Petramom, so true. I've been waiting all season for Lisa to say something that was funny. She is the least amusing comedian in the history of comedians--it's a good thing the show told me she was a comedian because I had no idea.

The whole episode was pretty boring. I know he didn't win but it would have been fun to see Li'l Jon and John Rich co-interviewing.

Why did Teresa's team even need a red-head when a red-hair wig was plopped onto Aubrey's fake red-head anyway? Couldn't they have used that wig with any of the models?

Teresa--to think people seriously think Dayana is stupid? I liked Teresa, a lot, but I'm not sure she should even have been on this show--I don't think she can read easily and we weren't laughing with her but at her all the way through. And again, Lisa, who had screamed at Dayana that she was stupid (but in real life when you're dealing with people who are IQ-challenged, you don't take advantage of them and make fun of them and try to destroy them), decided to make someone who clearly is not her equal in the brains department the butt of the negotiations for no reason whatsoever. Nice going, LL. "Wouldn't want to be you" is exactly what goes through my mind when I see you and your size "16" ass.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:24 AM

Farouk is crazy!

Edited by LennieB, May 7, 2012 @ 8:27 AM.

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

According to Lisa and Clay's live Tweets last night, the part where Clay seems to throw Lisa under the bus and say that she was doing nothing and, "If someone walked in, they wouldn't know who the project manager was," (cut to Lisa eating, while Clay is overseeing photography, just as Junior walks in), those comments from Clay were taken from LAST WEEK'S task, and that you can tell because of the suit Clay is wearing when he comments on it. So, basically, those were comments about Dayana, not Lisa, and the editing monkeys inserted it into THIS week's task to manufacture drama. Lisa and Clay both called bullshit on Twitter over that.

So, the upcoming "you're fired," while looking toward where we THINK Clay is sitting, is totally fake. I'm more convinced than ever that Clay makes it through and either Arsenio or Aubrey are fired, just based on that clip alone.

LennieB: Uh, yeah. THREE HUNDRED bucks for a BLOW DRYER? Get the fuck out of here, Farouk!

Edited by ChicksDigScars, May 7, 2012 @ 8:29 AM.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

If Aubrey takes it, the finale will rival the greatest finale of all time, when the absolutely sparkingly intelligent and competent Kendra went up against what was her name? Tania? That was a great show; 100 pages on TWOP.

If Arsenio takes it, well, two nice, sincere, competent people -- it'll be like last year.

It would be great to give Aubrey the opportunity to have a massive fail against Clay. That would be a fun firing.

I've said this before; since everyone is vying to be hired in the first place, how can they get fired?

Edited by Hamhock96, May 7, 2012 @ 8:33 AM.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Lisa's concept was stupid but understandable as her self-serving last-gasp attempt to convince the viewers (and Trump, who had been waiting since his "Roast" like a coiled rattler to fire LL) that "it's what's inside that counts." AS IF "Elle" magazine is about anything other than appearances! And hair is pretty much on our sundry surfaces!

Moreover, the new CHI Touch has its touch-screen on the OUTSIDE of the appliance, so....?

angelita100

angelita100

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

LennieB... And coming after she has castigated Dayana the entire season was RICH.

I'm also pissed that they didn't say more explicitly that Lisa was a raging lunatic. I probably won't get any satisfaction if Aubrey is let go. Anybody but her is my mantra going into next week.

Edited by angelita100, May 7, 2012 @ 8:45 AM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:49 AM

So, basically, those were comments about Dayana, not Lisa, and the editing monkeys inserted it into THIS week's task to manufacture drama. Lisa and Clay both called bullshit on Twitter over that.

Why am I not surprised?

Lisa's concept was stupid. Coming from someone who has repeatedly screamed like a banshee at a beautiful woman who she said had nothing going on upstairs.

I will apologize once for not understanding that Lisa was making a joke. It didn't sound like a joke to me or to others who were watching with me. And no, no one that I know personally has ever heard of her before this program. There, that's all on this matter from me.

I don't see Aubrey making the final. I just don't, given that Marlee and John clearly had her number and were being kind on camera when talking to Trump. I am betting when the cameras were off or the editing monkeys got ahold of the tape, the real juicy stuff hit the cutting room floor. Trump knows he's already being laughed at for this season, having Aubrey in the finals would only make it moreso.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

Trump is nothing but a laughing stock, this season, any season, in real life. It hasn't slowed him down.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:31 AM

But if his show reaches the point that advertisers don't want to be associated with it, then he'll have to fund it all by himself. Which I doubt he'll do.

Where does he get the business tie-ins for the tasks? Do these businesses contact him or vice versa? I can see the Chi weirdo wanting some exposure for a $300 hair dryer, but a company like Walgreens must be cringing. What happened to tasks that involve actually selling something and raising money that way? I miss those and hate that all we get to see each week are people sitting around a table coming up with lame ideas (for which Lisa and Aubrey will take full credit). Boring.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Advertisers care about how many people are watching and Trump's egregious ego and sublime stupidity are what viewers tune in for. How can he top himself this week?

SallyInkspot

SallyInkspot

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:51 AM

I was surprised with Lisa's firing- she's wicked aggressive and I thought she'd be in the finale.

I think Arsenio is out next. He's too mellow to be a finalist.

So I predict Clay vs. Aubrey with Clay for the win.

(It was so great to see John Rich again! He is such a class act. This season is so very different from his season.)

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

To quote Lisa from earlier in the show...

See ya! See ya! Wouldn't wanna be ya!!

It would have been more satisfying if she'd been booted for a task, but at least she's off my screen. I didn't find her good TV. She was uncomfortable to watch.

Farouk Blowdryer Dude and Aubrey... Could someone pass the brain bleach, please? *shudder* I actually had the impression that it wasn't Aubrey herself giving him a boner as her hair. He seemed creepily turned on by anything bright red (see: his boots).

I do not find Aubrey attractive in the slightest, and it's not just her ugly personality. She doesn't look human.

I thought Teresa's (okay, Aubrey's) ad was better, but Trump had decided it was Teresa's time to go. In this instance, he was right. Useless as she was though, she was one of the few inoffensive personalities this season. Her presentation to Farouk the Perv was cringeworthy, but I will say that could have been purely nerves. I tend to stumble over words myself when speaking in front of a group. She doesn't have the performing experience the rest of them do.

Loved the model's snark when they dismissed her. That was pretty shitty of them to call her down and then decide they didn't want her.

Glad to see Marlee and Jon playing hardball in the interviews. They made me nostalgic for last year, when we had more likeable personalities mixed in with the assholes.

psychoticstate

psychoticstate

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:28 AM

No way on earth did Lisa's team win that challenge. The exec clearly said that he would give Trump their opinions, not their winner. So obviously Trump chooses the winner based on his own agenda. Lisa's print ad may have been better in that mentioned features of the hair dryer but the ad itself looked like it came right out of the pages of Seventeen Magazine circa 1980. In what universe would that fit into Elle's concept?

Teresa's team's concept was much, much better. It made sense. It was short and simple and to the point. The ads looked high fashion.

I wish that Trump - - or someone, anyone - - had called Aubrey on her attack of Teresa's negotiation skills (or lack thereof). Teresa cannot negotiate but they did not lose the task based on the models themselves. They supposedly lost due to Teresa's presentation and the lack of information about the product.

Teresa really didn't have an argument as to why she lost. She could have thrown Aubrey under the bus, but the concept itself didn't get dinged. So she had to go after Arsenio, with the problem being she didn't have a lot of ammo. Arsenio's portion of the presentation was good and he did shoot pictures. So it had to be Teresa.

While I am glad that "LL" got fired - - hallelujah! - - I am disappointed that she didn't lose her task and have her ass handed to her in the BR. I would have loved to have seen her go head to head against Clay. I thought for sure that Trump was going to let her make it to the Final 2 and then eviscerate her at the end.

I was happy to see John Rich and Marlee again although JR did come across a bit dickish. As others have pointed out, I wish Clay had informed him that with more potential apprentices it was harder to step up as PM and that there were only 2 (I think?) actual fundraising tasks so it would be hard to hit that million mark that JR did. Most of these tasks paid out around $20,000 (maybe with the company matching) so even if someone had stepped up 4 times and won each time, you're still looking at $200K or less.

Out of the remaining 3, I think I like Arsenio the best. He doesn't have the get up and go of a John Rich but he doesn't seem to have an agenda a la Aubrey either.

Do any of them strike me as a true CA? No - - Aubrey has the creativity but she doesn't always know how to channel it and she does not take criticism (constructive or not) well. Clay has a certain level of creativity if he's working with the right team but I didn't like him when he was working with Lisa. He seemed to sink to her immaturity level. Arsenio has the personality and charm and I do think he can be a hard worker but I don't see that he's been consumed by this (although despite John Rich's remark to the contrary, I thought he looked absolutely exhausted during the interview).

The previews make it look like Trump fires Clay, based on where he looks but I have a feeling it's the editing monkeys fucking with us. I'm sure it's a clip from earlier in the season. I have a feeling that Trump will fire Arsenio. Aubrey is too much entertainment gold for it to be her, IMO.

33 Sheets

33 Sheets

Channel Surfer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

Is it my imagination - did they recycle Chi Farouk from a previous season's task? Or have I seen him on some other show? He made my skin crawl with his overtures to Aubrey, particularly at a taste level.

I would really hate to see someone as aggravating as Aubrey to win. If she does (which I don't think she will), then I'll go back and say Gary Busey should have won. *snort*

itseleben

itseleben

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Have those executives been out to the stores recently? It's flashback time, fugly colors, shapes, etc. Very 70-80's. I get where the teams were going and I thought the styling worked for the individual ideas. BUT, I still am not buying a $300 blowdryer. Wax on, wax off, people. It's not that deep to turn a switch.:-)

I'm looking forward to Aubrey thinking she's got it in the bag and then getting bagged. Fabulous.

Lisa is smart and contributes, yes. But she needs help in controlling, if not her anger, then her way of handling it. She is like an out of control teenager with no guidance in the language department. She can't use the comic angle as she isn't on stage; she obviously handles situations, whether pushed or not, with that kind of vitriol and verbiage. It's immature and shows a lack of control, lack of finesse. My mom used to day there's a fine line between genius and idiot and you're jumping it. Lisa just won a double dutch contest with her jumping skills.

Clay and Aubrey would be epic but I think it's the bro vs. bro this year.

John Rich is a dick; no monkey.

Marlee is class.

Donald is....weeelll, Donald. And thankfully there's only one of him. Dodged a bullet on the twin thing.;-)

eta: The only way a dryer should be that much is if it's for commercial use and if it lasted a long ass time in that environment. However, what is too much for one is not for another, I guess. I'll just stick with mah $30 splurge.

Edited by itseleben, May 7, 2012 @ 11:14 AM.

FreakyBunny

FreakyBunny

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

I just noticed the thrift store price tag on my hair dryer...$2.99. I simply do not live the same world as those who can justify buying a hair dryer that costs 100 times what I paid for mine. So far I'm lucky...no hearing loss, and no carpel tunnel syndrome.

kkowalski

kkowalski

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

I thought that the whole Zen approach was great. If they had more information in the ads and Aubrey didn't look like a sex kitten auditioning to be the next Bond girl, their ad layout would have been fantastic - edgy pics + information the exec wanted.

I mean, come on, we had two models in yoga poses - and I was impressed with the one in that balance pose staying upright with a fan blowing in her face - then Aubrey in what looked like black leather or latex (sorry, don't record so can't check) pouting at the camera. I've never seen that pose in the yoga sessions I've been to.

Edited because I know the difference between they're and their.

Oh, and I forgot to say that while Theresa's presentation was awkward, Aubrey should not have been making faces during it. It sure didn't help matters, and neither did Arsenio's furrowed brow. No matter how bad things are going, you gotta smile.

Edited by kkowalski, May 7, 2012 @ 11:29 AM.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Is it my imagination - did they recycle Chi Farouk from a previous season's task? Or have I seen him on some other show?

No it is not your imagination. He was on the Celebrity Apprentice season 11, last season. They had to put on a hair show.

WordFreak

WordFreak

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:29 AM

I didn't see the first hour of this due to the Amazing Race finale, so I may comment again once I get caught up. However, this moment from Aubrey's interview with John Rich made me laugh. When he asked her how much money she raised, she told him $50,000. Not necessarily the most impressive total, but we all know that she got $10,000 of that for crying and whining like an idiot in the boardroom. Pretty terrible for such a creative powerhouse as Aubrey. Feh.

Kali12

Kali12

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

I know editing is often misleading, but substituting Clay's comment a previous week about Dayana and making it seem it was from this week about Lisa is completely unethical. (Then again, this is Trump. Why WOULD it be ethical?)

But I have no reason to doubt that a person associated with Sean Combs would have been fortunate enough to meet Nelson Mandela or the Dalai Lama.

If she'd said she "met" them there wouldn't be a problem. It was her brag (being Aubrey) that she'd WORKED with each of them that raised doubts. (Wish they'd asked if she was the one who did the most work in -those- relationships, too. Because you know she'd say, "Yes!" What an ego.)

Loved, loved, loved John asking her how much of the money had been donated by Diddy. "Zero". Oh, burn. And he'd done his homework and was familiar with her backstory already. Her face when she realized the bs (and flirting) that she uses with everyone else wasn't going to work with John Rich was hilarious!

preeya

preeya

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

In the interviews, John Rich made a point of asking about money won for charities. He subtlety compared the numbers to his winnings from last season. Well if memory serves me, weren't there only two fundraisers this season (sandwiches and NY guide book) whereas, I believe, there were quite a few more during Rich's competition. It doesn't seem fair to use that criteria as a means for critique. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by preeya, May 7, 2012 @ 11:53 AM.

caboodle

caboodle

Video Archivist

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

I think there were fewer fund-raising tasks this season because it's more difficult to manipulate which team wins. Trump is a third-rate Machiavelli and his ego is so big that he's going off the rails.