12-12: "Blown Away" 2012.05.06

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

228 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:09 AM

AS THE COMPETITION GOES DOWN TO THE WIRE, THE REMAINING CELEBRITIES MUST CREATE A FOUR-PAGE PRINT AD CAMPAIGN FOR THE "CHI TOUCH" DIGITAL TOUCHSCREEN HAIR DRYER AND PITCH IT TO FAROUK SYSTEMS AND ELLE MAGAZINE EXECUTIVES The remaining five celebrities embark on their penultimate task, to create a print ad campaign for the new "CHI Touch" Digital Touchscreen Hair Dryer. With nothing left to lose, both teams go all out, but in completely different directions. The executives pick their winner, and Donald Trump fires another celebrity. Their victory is short lived, when the Final Four are summoned back to the Boardroom, where Mr. Trump sends them to the most important job interview of their lives. Returning Celebrity Apprentice, John Rich, and runner up, Marlee Matlin grill the celebrities and make their recommendations to Donald Trump, who is left with a difficult decision: who will be the final two. Boardroom advisors Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. Special guests John Rich and Marlee Matlin

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

LOL @ Aubrey saying that because she did everything on the task, if they lose, Teresa should go.

Also, LOL @ focusing on not getting the models they wanted when the models they got had nothing to do with why they lost.

Poor Teresa. She had been treated nicely pretty much the entire season, and she wasn't ready for Arsenio and Aubrey to "turn" on her.

LOL @ Lisa calling Aubrey a bitch, but it's ok 'cause she was just joking.

I remember being somewhat torn about who I wanted to win last season. I was pulling for John Rich, but if Marlee had won, I wouldn't have been upset. This final four repulses me. Arsenio is alright, and Clay is ok, too, I guess, but I'm not really pulling for any of them to win.

They seemed really nervous about the interviews in a "Oh, I forgot we might be held accountable for our behavior" sort of way.

John, you were PM so many times because you wanted to win money for your charity. These people just wanted to win.

I'm going to barf the next time I hear how beautiful and/or young Aubrey is. Either of those is subjective.

"At the end of the day, I make my apologies..." Good to know they're sincere.

Good to know that Lisa is in full control of her emotions and knows how to use them, so she was perfectly aware of what she was doing to Dayana.

Trump: Lisa, you're an emotionally unstable psychopath. You're fired.
Lisa: That was great. I feel like I went out on a high note.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Did you guys catch this?????

Lisa, on her win:

“$100,000!! Do you know how much money that is for my charity after I take my cut?”

WTF??? Her cut???? How does she sleep at night? In a coffin with a vampire?

Lisa got off way too easy. I was waiting for John or Marlee to say “why did you constantly berate Dayana or anyone you deemed beneath you?”

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

“$100,000!! Do you know how much money that is for my charity after I take my cut?”

YES I was going to ask about that! Does that mean that they all get a cut of what is given to their charities? Or is that just Lisa being a selfish bitch?

I want Arsenio to win so badly, if he gets fired I'm going to scream.

designing1

designing1

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I think it was Lisa making a joke.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

re Lisa and her cut....that was a joke...one she's made before - specifically when she went to deliver her check the first/(last?) time she won.

dad2two

dad2two

Couch Potato

Lisa got off way too easy. I was waiting for John or Marlee to say “why did you constantly berate Dayana or anyone you deemed beneath you?”

They didn't say it because they did not know what really went on when they interviewed them last fall. I hope that now that they have seen it, they are laughing at the BS Aubrey and Lisa spewed in their interview as much as we are.

I will have to rewatch it because I missed Lisa saying that. If she did it's just wrong. The celebrities are not supposed to take any of the money, unless she meant that she is donating part of her appearance fee also. But, I seriously doubt that.

And WTH is up with Lisa referring to herself in third person this episode (LL)?

Edited by dad2two, May 6, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

ch1

ch1

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Lisa's comment about her cut was her being a comedian. It was a joke.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

cupFloweR, that's the million dollar question. Did Lisa slip up? I doubt it. Trump would never have allowed that to air if the contestants got a percentage of the charity money.

I think that's his final kapow to Lisa... shouldn't roast Donald Trump to a crispy fry finish or be prepared to pay the consequences.

spankydoll

spankydoll

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

The celebs get a cut? What?

the macguffin

the macguffin

Couch Potato

WTF??? Her cut????

That was a joke, pretty sure.
There was a ton of ridiculous stuff tonight, but to start: WTF with the hairdryer CEO believing that was Aubrey's real hair or hair color??

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

If it was a joke.... it was a piss-poor one. Nobody.. and I really mean NOBODY... knew who she was before this show. How would we know she was making a repeat joke? To me.. and many of my friends who don't know her from squat.. thought she was dead serious. Her demeanor didn't indicate she was in joke mode.

scarlet revised

scarlet revised

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

From the previews, I'm gonna guess Clay and Aubrey for final 2. Up until this episode, I thought Arsenio and Clay. But I think Arsenio has two things going against him: he really did play it safe for the second half of the season and he also says questionable things when upset.

I think Trump might like the idea of having two people around the same age. It would make better television and create a more interesting and divisive finale if Aubrey is in it.

This episode was awesome. I've worked with Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein, Nelson Mandela, Kofi Annan, Jesus Christ. Is this girl delusional or what? She's a whole lot of fun.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

WTF with the hairdryer CEO believing that was Aubrey's real hair or hair color??

I'm pretty sure he was inviting himself into a situation to verify that the carpet matched the drapes.

tv after work

tv after work

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

OMG! Could Aubray O'Me be any more full of herself? I SURE hope she is NOT in the final two. And ta ta ,buh buh, Lisa.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

I've worked with Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein, Nelson Mandela, Kofi Annan, Jesus Christ.

She's gone for that reason. Neither Marlee nor John were impressed with how much she thought of herself.

WaltersHair

WaltersHair

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Clay lost me for good when he stood behind the door giggling like a 5 year old and aligning himself with Lisa.

Arsenio appears to have been playing the audience with his 'Aw shucks' routine. The way he lost it at Aubrey and went after Teresa left a bad taste in my mouth. I do hope I'm wrong.

Lisa, ugly, ugly on the inside. Grabbing the elevator operator on the way out was funny.

Aubrey, there are no words for the level of delusion and lack of self awareness that you possess. I'm sick and tired of hearing how great you are-from your own mouth.

I personally hated the way John Rich went on and on and ON about money.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

NOBODY... knew who she was before this show. How would we know she was making a repeat joke?

the viewer should know it's a repeat joke b/c SHE SAID IT ON THE SHOW before - hence he idea of it being a repeat.

And I'm pretty sure she wasn't an unknown prior to the show. Not a Lisa fan, but the fact that folks are really thinking she's taking a cut from her charity just boggles my mind.

Edited by shopper gal, May 6, 2012 @ 10:18 PM.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Sweeeet! Finally got to see Lisa get fired! She should've been fired on the last task for picking out crappy clothes and sitting around eating her lunch.

cupFloweR

cupFloweR

Video Archivist

If it was a joke.... it was a piss-poor one.

I think all of her jokes suck. I've never seen her standup or anything but she has not been funny on this show at all and I know sometimes she tries to be. She tries too hard.

And seriously, do guys really think Aubrey is that pretty? I am asking that legitimately because being a girl, I do not see it. She is not UGLY, but I would not say pretty. Her eyes bug out of her face too much and her hair gives me a headache and her whole face looks like plastic or something weird. But do guys see that stuff? Or do they think she is hot?

I cannot stand her. PLEASE fire her!!!

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

shopper gal, I did an informal poll at a local pub today, asking those who've watched the show from the beginning and nobody of the 18 people in the group had ever heard of Lisa before this show. I've watched from the beginning and I don't remember her mentioning taking a cut in a joke-like fashion. Sorry.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

I personally hated the way John Rich went on and on and ON about money.

The whole point of the show is supposed to be raising as much money as possible for charity.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

She should've been fired on the last task for picking out crappy clothes and sitting around eating her lunch.

Is it sad that I thought her sandwich looked delicious? Good job to the editors for showing her chowing down because it inspired my lunch for tomorrow.

It was a little obvious that Lisa was the one to go, due to the fact that they highlighted the positives of her interviews and downplayed the negatives.

I believe Aubrey is next to go, although I'd rather Arsenio leave because he has had the same emotional meltdowns that Lisa had, and if she had to go for it, then he should too. Aubrey may be obnoxious, but I respect her for her creativity. Even when her idea isn't that creative she has an ability to make people listen to her and follow her lead.

I'm a little surprised with how quickly Theresa crumbled. The presentation was PAINFUL and it's a shame because I really liked their idea and the "Make peace with your hair" idea.

And seriously, do guys really think Aubrey is that pretty?

She used to be a cute girl.

Edited by noluvnoluck, May 6, 2012 @ 10:28 PM.

EmeraldRose

EmeraldRose

Fanatic

OMG! Ding dong the witch (Teresa) is dead. What a complete moron!

Sorry to see Lisa go. I liked her.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

cupFlower:

And seriously, do guys really think Aubrey is that pretty? I am asking that legitimately because being a girl, I do not see it. She is not UGLY, but I would not say pretty.

Let's see - Turquoise contact lenses, tons of makeup, unnaturally red hair, huge fake tits on display - She looks like a comic book character. But Pretty? No.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

• Interests:Facebook: Jaclyn Holland-Strauss
    Twitter: JaclynHStrauss or Flirtycatherine
    My website is for those who are interested in blogs on pop culture, religion, philosophy, health, humour, politics, etc. I have polls, information on the Illuminati, tv shows, etc. I also have tips on how to improve your writing, along with tips for how to do better in school. There are also samples of my own writing.I hope you enjoy!

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:27 PM

She's gone for that reason. Neither Marlee nor John were impressed with how much she thought of herself.

Lisa's gone, not Aubrey!

Having Lisa come up with an idea that says how there is more to a woman than just her looks is like Aubrey coming up with a print ad campaign that talks about not bragging. I think that Aubrey's braggadio is covering up some serious insecurity. I know that's obvious but it was driven home to me when they said how her hand was shaking when she shook their hands before the interviews took place.

The perfect answer to John Rich would have been that in his season there were a lot more fundraising tasks so that is why they did not raise as much money. Also, there were 18 people instead of the usual dozen or so, so it's harder to be PM as much.

The editing was horrible tonight. It seemed like no one was paying attention including Trump. He'd say something, they'd answer, he'd say the same exact thing again, they'd give the same exact answer, etc. It was tiring me out.

I am very surprised but based on the direction Trump was looking in when he fires someone next week, it looks like Clay's gone. But I don't believe that, so probably trick editing. I think Arsenio should go next because he deserves the follower critique a LOT more than Clay does.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

My brother said Aubrey looked like the Wendy's fast food girl after having too many burgers laced with steroids.

Well, he's honest at all times. :)

I still am laughing at her saying "I did it all, it was all my idea, but yeah, fire Teresa if we lose."

jaclynoviascotia I know that. I am referring in future tense that Aubrey WILL be gone for that reason.

2BigDogs

2BigDogs

Video Archivist

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Teresa sounded like a middle-schooler reading a speech in the presentation. Obviously, she isn't the most literate person, but don't most people who cannot read well compensate by memorizing or ad-libbing when speaking in public? That was painful to watch.

kkowalski

kkowalski

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

I believe the final two are Arsenio and Aubrey, just from watching DT's eyes and where they're focused. So, yuck.

Philipscomments, I'm hoping the promo monkeys have outsmarted me and DT did make them go back out, but they're seating in the same places, as far as I can tell. I really want Aubrey to get her comeuppance.

Edited by kkowalski, May 6, 2012 @ 10:36 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

I believe the final two are Arsenio and Aubrey, just from watching DT's eyes and where they're focused. So, yuck.

Unless he makes them go out and come back again and reseat them. I am hoping Aubrey goes because of her statements about knowing everyone and working with them... short of God, she left him off the list.