8-17: "Unwrapped" 2012.05.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

5 replies to this topic

bellN

bellN

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 12:29 PM

The CSIs are called to a Brooklyn housing project to investigate the murder of a successful businessman who still felt the pull of his old neighborhood,

I thought the woman who played Kelvin's wife made the character sympathetic, despite the fact that she was the reason her husband got killed,.

FrogsRule

FrogsRule

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:13 AM

Wow, you can tell how great an impact this episode made on its viewing public by all the crickets chirping in this room!

Felt like this was a wasted hour. I don't like it when writers feel compelled to overlap personal events with the crime being investigated. Why couldn't they have had Danny+Lindsey's kid's bday party in a separate episode? Why did they have to be linked? If this was a one-time occurrence, maybe I'd feel more charitable about it.

I "get" that it made it difficult for Lindsey to process the scene. Still...

In addition to that, I felt like they were reaching to make it as convoluted as possible, with no need for all the red herrings and such.

Yountfan

Yountfan

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:17 AM

Mac's romance is the most boring of boring storylines in the history of boring. Needless to say I was cheering when the previews aired after the show ended. This show really needs to be put out of its misery.

Edited by Yountfan, May 9, 2012 @ 12:18 AM.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

I thought the woman who played Kelvin's wife made the character sympathetic, despite the fact that she was the reason her husband got killed,.

Interesting, as I thought the exact opposite!

Shelwood

Shelwood

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 4:43 AM

Kelvin's wife was, indeed, horrible. She dumps the supposed love of her life because he goes to prison. Then she marries Kelvin, who she doesn't love romantically, probably for his money. The minute her bad boy boyfriend gets out, she cheats on Kelvin. When her sister gets in trouble with the drug dealer next door, she doesn't offer some of her husband's money to get her sister out of the bad neighborhood, she takes money without telling her husband and buys drugs (calling up another bad boy to find out where to buy it -- is she sleeping with him too?). She makes her husband transport the drugs unaware, and when they get held up, she still doesn't tell him what's going on, which costs Kelvin his life. Then she *still* doesn't get her sister and niece out of that scary apartment, but goes running to excon boyfriend, then lies to the police repeatedly. Oh, and then, having left her close relatives to the mercy of the drug dealers, her niece gets kidnapped, and her solution is to buy more drugs. I'm pretty sure if her sister hadn't told Flack about the kidnapping, she would have continued to lie to the cops. She. Is. Awful.

Arnold Robinson

Arnold Robinson

Fanatic

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 9:45 PM

Wow, you can tell how great an impact this episode made on its viewing public by all the crickets chirping in this room!

It took me four months to get around to watching it, but it was an adequate episode.
The only person I sympathized with, other than the victim, was his wife's bit of fluff. He seemed genuinely upset by Kelvin's death and he played it straight with the cops despite his mixed feelings about what's-her-name and his own personal history with the law. Everybody else involved in his life had a severe case of the stupids.