7-22: "Good Crazy" 2012.04.30

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

65 replies to this topic

mbd

mbd

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

Shower hosting aside, does anyone else think it was really rude and tacky that Robin and Ted really couldn't just set aside their differences for an hour and actually go to the shower on time? They're supposed to be their best friends, dating or not.

Yes. They're being selfish babies at this point. Either get the hell over it, or stop being friends entirely.

Besides, the drama would have been more interesting if they were forced to be in the same place for a really lame event like a baby shower.

Also yes. But it looks like they'll be using this plotline in the season finale instead, when they have to get Lily to the hospital since Marshall is down in Atlantic City.

abbottrabbit

abbottrabbit

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

Shower hosting aside, does anyone else think it was really rude and tacky that Robin and Ted really couldn't just set aside their differences for an hour and actually go to the shower on time? They're supposed to be their best friends, dating or not.

Yes. Everyone on the show is kind of a dick now -- they used to remind me of my friends or people I'd want to be friends with. Now I'd just like to kick them all in the shins.

TheOverdog

TheOverdog

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

Because the entire point of a shower is for the guest(s) of honor to receive gifts. So Marshall and Lily were basically saying, "Come to our house and bring us a gift for our baby."

Isn't a wedding saying the same thing, and ten times more tacky? "Hey we're getting married! Buy us a blender! We would buy it ourselves but we spent a lot of money on an ridiculous looking dress and a nasty cake." Speaking of weddings, I hope Barney actually gets married, and at this point, I don't even care to whom.

randomchance

randomchance

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:20 AM

I think the main difference is that you are invited to a shower for one reason only: to provide a gift. You're invited to a wedding to share in the joy and celebrate afterwards. You're expected to buy a gift but it's not the only reason you were invited.

And I don't care who Barmey marries anymore either, I just want to find out who it is so that I can be done with it.

Edited by randomchance, May 11, 2012 @ 11:29 AM.

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

All right, we've all weighed in on our views on showers. Move on, please.

Jay

Jay

Video Archivist

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

The sad thing is that the funniest part of the episode was the fake profile Barney made for Ted, and you couldn't really see it unless you hit pause.

WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR:
The one! Just a down-to-earth guy who knows a bunch of stupid facts about turn of the century coinage and junk like that. I don't mind if he has baggage, like if he was once left at the altar or beaten up by a goat. Also, I'm a sucker for an out-of-date plaid shirt. At the end of the day, all I really want is a guy to correct me on things like grammar and punctuation and where apostrophe's go. Because that's really hot, Ted.

What really bothered me about this episode, and about much of the season so far, is that they're trying very hard to refer back to past events, but doing it badly. The ducky tie wasn't that funny, yet they make such a big deal out of it; but at the same time, having Ted be totally averse to online dating conflicts directly with past episodes. Not only did he spend the entire night with Blah-Blah trying to convince everyone that meeting someone online was fine, he met her playing World of Warcraft!