Promos, Previews, Sneak Peeks, and a Chorus of Speculation

• Please log in to reply

1052 replies to this topic

redgarlic

redgarlic

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I can't wait to see this episode. All the swaps look hilarious, and, to be honest, some ships have never looked better.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:57 PM

PS. Where in the spoiler/non-spoiler scale do released songs belong? Are they "other official sources" or spoilers? And I don't mean some obscure tumblrs with clips of songs but for example the graduation album that has already been released or the "first listen Friday" site.

Iím okay with posting those in here, if you want to speculate on how a song fits into an upcoming episode. A released album or the First Listen site are official, since they are getting the songs from the show. If there is an article explaining in detail how the songs fit into the story, that would be a spoiler, because I consider that plot detail. Thanks.

Lola Me

Lola Me

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 12:27 AM

I am genuinely excited about next week. Although I really wish they'd gone more skintight with Kurt's outfit because seeing Cory wear something like those gold pants would have been HILARIOUS.

I'm not sure about Mark as Blaine... but seeing him cosy up to Cory is just going to be funny - they're both so much bigger than Chris and Darren!

And Dianna as Sugar is awesome. As is the Artie/Santana swap - they look like they're going to have so much fun with it!

This whole idea is cracky genius

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Too much perfection going on in there. Chris getting Finn's body language 100% right.

Him lurching over Tina to give her one of Finn's "buck up little camper" speeches was flawless.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 2:48 PM

And Dianna as Sugar is awesome. As is the Artie/Santana swap - they look like they're going to have so much fun with it!

That Santana scowl Kevin gave the camera was awesome. Its going to be fun seeing Sue/Schue swap. I hope this swap is for the majority of the episode. Its probably going to be the most fun Glee has been since the Blame It On the Alcohol episode.

jmcb

jmcb

Video Archivist

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

I wonder what Lea is going to do she has such a blank slate to work with. In that clip she already had more stuff about Tina than I ever noticed.

Same with Chord and Harry not much to really work with.

Edited by jmcb, May 10, 2012 @ 8:00 PM.

fireangel611

fireangel611

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:38 AM

I wonder what Lea is going to do she has such a blank slate to work with. In that clip she already had more stuff about Tina than I ever noticed.

I have a feeling Kevin and Naya might have asked to swap for each other, but I think Rachel and Santana should've swapped. They are the two most colourful female characters portrayed by the two strongest actresses. But with Rachel and Tina swapping I'm scared there would be such a difference in acting ability. This body swap is going to be test on which cast members can convincingly play other characters.

But at least with Tina being Rachel she'll finally get lines and hopefully some songs. Poor girl.

Too much perfection going on in there. Chris getting Finn's body language 100% right.

Him lurching over Tina to give her one of Finn's "buck up little camper" speeches was flawless.

With Chris and Jenna as Finchel, this will be the first time this season that I'm eagerly hoping for a Finchel kiss. Please don't let this be the one episode where Finchel don't make out, because that'll will be a waste.

Edited by fireangel611, May 11, 2012 @ 2:39 AM.

Smartarse

Smartarse

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:42 AM

Props sneak peak 2the opening scene of the swap, showing Tina fall in the fountain. Cory monteiths Kurt voice is amaze-balls, Jenna as Rachel - a bit awkward and stilted sounding. Perhaps it will be better in conetext.

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 5:54 AM

The thing with Jenna as Rachel, though, is that she's not Rachel so much as Tina being seen as Rachel. So it actually makes sense for her to not be as good at acting like her other character as the rest.

I'm not entirely sure why Mark is doing an impression of William Shatner, but it made me laugh really hard anyway, so I'll take it.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Cory Monteith and Mark Salling as Kurt and Blaine, even in that short clip, was even more glorious than I thought. As long as they all stay switched for most of the episode, then I'll be a very happy camper.

And the little head nod Mark does when he says 'we must get you back to the Glee club so you can win us a National championship' was fricking hilarious. And if we don't get a clip of 'Kurt' and 'Blaine' cuddling, then I'll be very disappointed. I don't think I've ever been this excited for a Glee episode in a long, long time.

redgarlic

redgarlic

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

I've just listened to the First Listen Friday songs and VA deserves the win, hands down. Both songs sound amazing.

That's not to say ND is bad. In fact, I think this is their best competition setlist since the first Regionals.

Edited by redgarlic, May 11, 2012 @ 4:10 PM.

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Dianna as Sugar is the greatest thing I've seen all season.
I'm confused as to why they're making Tina/Lea goth...it's been years since she actually has been.
Also the "dirty looks" when has Tina/Jenna done that?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

I'm confused as to why they're making Tina/Lea goth...it's been years since she actually has been

Probably because they wanted to get Lea with blue highlights. I think she looks fantastic with blue highlights anyways.

eireann113

eireann113

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 6:54 PM

Does Tina ever glare/shoot dirty looks? I generally think of Tina as someone who smiles a lot, actually (unless she's actually angry at someone).

Edited by eireann113, May 11, 2012 @ 6:59 PM.

MiniShrink

MiniShrink

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

She shoots what-the-fuck looks, which is actually something Rachel does too, but Rachel is less judgemental, more generally confused. She's the first person during Fat Bottomed Girls to just go well, fuck it and clap along with the absurdity.

jmcb

jmcb

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I'm telling you the are going to have to make up mannerisms for Tina except crying and giving exposition I can't think of any other characteristics for her.

That is why they had to give her blue hair.

sassykat1963

sassykat1963

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 5:12 PM

Okay, I have been looking all over the place, and I haven't seen it. Did anyone besides me and my daughter catch the phrase "Human Caterpillar"???? I have to admit, I wasn't looking directly at the screen, so I'm baffled as to what it's referring to. I know what most people think of when they hear it, (and if you don't know, look it up, not for the squeamish) and I really can't see any situation where this fits. Anyone?

jmcb

jmcb

Video Archivist

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

It was in the commercial and they seem to be looking for dance moves and they have a film on which show some people doing some move and Will says it is the human centipede. I would hope that weren't alluding to that though. Hope kids don't google it.

Edited by jmcb, May 12, 2012 @ 6:59 PM.

sab85

sab85

Fanatic

Posted May 12, 2012 @ 9:58 PM

The only episodes of Glee I have seen this season are the Mike Chang one and the one where Sam returns but I might have to watch this one just based on the previews. Cory with Kurt's voice is just scarily accurate.

The thing with Jenna as Rachel, though, is that she's not Rachel so much as Tina being seen as Rachel. So it actually makes sense for her to not be as good at acting like her other character as the rest.

Yeah, it seems as though Jenna is still Tina, everyone else is just reacting to her like she is Rachel, so her acting makes sense.

Edited by sab85, May 12, 2012 @ 10:00 PM.

fireangel611

fireangel611

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 12:49 AM

Yeah, it seems as though Jenna is still Tina, everyone else is just reacting to her like she is Rachel, so her acting makes sense.

Damn. That really decreases the chance of a Finchel kiss. The one episode they don't kiss is the episode they body swap the actors. Not fair.

delplata

delplata

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 5:13 PM

There was clip that was shown before Chris Colfer was interviewed in VHI on Monday, is that allowed in this thread to discuss??

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

TWoP Moderator

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Yes.

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

From DrScheme in the Puck thread:

That preview made me sick. I have long given up the idea of Glee ever going the SUPERIOR path of Puck/Rachel but must he end up with "It". I don't care how much she's been through, I was really hoping those 2 had gone their own ways.

Hopefully it's goodbye. Because ugh.

I can't believe they're pulling this Puck/Quinn bullshit. Seriously, what besides Beth (who is gone, again) connects these two? After the total awesomeness of Puck tonight finally revealing his feelings, all I want for Puck is for him to get the fuck out of Lima and find himself a girl who has never called him a "mistake." Least of all someone who has called him that over and over, not to mention was the one who originally called him a "Lima Loser." Where does this even come from? Last we saw, Quinn was still cozying up to Joe. How fickle is this girl?

And on her end, way to go back on all of her character development and the one awesome moment she had this season with "Never Can Say Goodbye." So much for that.

Edited by SNeaker, May 15, 2012 @ 9:44 PM.

DrScheme

DrScheme

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

I can't believe they're pulling this Puck/Quinn bullshit.

They wouldn't would they? They couldn't. After ALL this time when HUGE things have happened to each and neither has given a damn, much to my relief. I was hoping Puck would leave on his OWN and I can fanwank him finding a happy life for himself out in the world. Much like I will do for Rachel if the episode goes the way the promo makes it look like.

Please Grilled Cheesus let it be "Goodbye".

And on her end, way to go back on all of her character development and the one awesome moment she had this season with "Never Can Say Goodbye." So much for that.

So she'll cheat and cling to a guy to the bitter end. That is the waste of space and emotionally manipulative little shrew I've detested for the past 3 seasons. Ugh

SNeaker

SNeaker

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

Even if she breaks it off with Joe first, it's incredibly fickle for her to be kissing Puck two seconds later. Makes you appreciate Mercedes and how she didn't want to jump on Sam just because she broke up with Shane.

Unfortunately, the kiss in the promo did not look like a goodbye kiss. It looked like a "hellooooo" kiss.

McCafe

McCafe

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:59 PM

I popped in here because the setting surrounding the "kiss" makes me think they'll do more than kiss to say goodbye. It looks like Quinn's bedroom. Puck is the only guy who Quinn ever had sex with, right? They'll seal it with some actual safe sex this time is my guess.

I could see these writers thinking that's poetic.

I don't care as much if they do or don't, but the throwing of the hats at graduation make me a little weepy.

The Sue/Quinn scene as well. Sniffle.

Edited by McCafe, May 15, 2012 @ 10:00 PM.

redgarlic

redgarlic

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

I really, really hope that it was a moment of passing insanity from Quinn. Puck is much better on his own, let him be so please.
Besides this, Burt doing the Single Ladies won me over. And the Klaine scene had Kurt being a bit too serious IMO.

seminoles1

seminoles1

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

Anyone else get the feeling that Rachel and Finn are breaking up based on the clip of them in the car in the preview for next week's episode?

a finn gleek

a finn gleek

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 3:30 AM

Anyone else get the feeling that Rachel and Finn are breaking up based on the clip of them in the car in the preview for next week's episode?

Yeah, I just now saw the promo after writing to the relationship thread that I'm sure Klaine will break up because I've given up on Rachel and Finn. But boy do I wish I was wrong! If something in that promo looked like a goodbye it was that Rachel/Finn scene. But I'm refusing to believe that until it happens, I don't want to get my hopes up. But IF Finchel breaks up that episode is going to be my new favorite episode of the season, no matter how much it sucks otherwise, lol.

Talking about sucking, Quinn and Puck. Hell to the no! Why?! She's going to Yale. He's going to LA. What's the point?

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

I'm sure Klaine are breaking up. It seems like a goodbye/taking a break/we'll be OK alone conversation. The complete opposite of the Finchel scene, so obviously they'll be together (4EVANEVANEVA).

Don't even get me started on Quinn and Puck - they have nothing in common (other than the obvious) and they have barely spoken to each other in ages! Quinn needs to go and become the real Quinn - smart, successful and blindingly awesome, when not restrained by who she used to want to be, and Puck needs to realise that he's not the bullying, dumb jock that he used to be.