24-12: "It's Gonna Be Chaos" 2012.05.02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

272 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

"It's Gonna Be Chaos" - Walls come down when the Tikiano tribe shares an emotional moment with their loved ones, and one castaway's decision creates animosity amongst wounded tribe members.

Ben Stilwell

Ben Stilwell

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

You know what? Blindsides are fun.

bunnyface

bunnyface

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

Blindsides are ALWAYS fun and ALWAYS exciting.

As long as you're not doing it to me...

Unconditional

Unconditional

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

What a fun and exciting blindside, thank God that imbecile is gone. I did have to laugh when she broke into tears with the realization that both Tarzan and Christina lasted longer than she did.

Edited by Unconditional, May 2, 2012 @ 8:01 PM.

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

I hope either Kat or her cousin is adopted. Otherwise, that was all kinds of weird.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

I honestly will not be shocked if Kim wins the rest of the immunity challenges.

LisaNewYork

LisaNewYork

Couch Potato

Awww, why the tears, Kat? I thought blindsides were fun!

Shelley Bee

Shelley Bee

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I think tonight we saw Kat at her most unlikeable, but selfish, shmelfish. So Christina is owed an afternoon with her father because he has only 5-10 years to live? Tarzan is owed an afternoon with his wife because they are old and one of them could drop dead any second? It. Is. A. Game. I fully expect Sabrina to form a final three alliance with Christina and Tarzan and persuade the jury to give the million dollars to either of them instead. Because she’s so unselfish.

athena23

athena23

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Thank you, thank you, thank you, people. It may not have been in Kim's best interest in the long run but by golly, it sure enhanced my viewing pleasure. And I have Alicia, in part, to think...who would have thought? Whatever works. Thank you for a "fun" blindside, tribe!

I hope either Kat or her cousin is adopted. Otherwise, that was all kinds of weird.

Uh, this. Although athenamom and I decided that inbreeding could explain the stupid...

Edited by athena23, May 2, 2012 @ 8:03 PM.

Funeris Nocturnum

Funeris Nocturnum

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

I think Sab just fired a warning shot across Kim's bow. I don't think she can pull a fast one on her without compromising her vote.

xnef255

xnef255

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

We're all on the same page here right?

RBK Premier

RBK Premier

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

That was one of the best blindsides in awhile. Kat was totally naive. I loved the breakdown to realizing Christina and Tarzan lasted longer than her!

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Aww, Kat :(. Though I would have felt sorrier about her tears if she hadn't sobbed "I got voted out before Christina and Tarzan, how lame!!" I will miss her sweet stupidity though.

Alicia thinks she's in control. Skank, please.

So Kim thought it was horribly selfish of Kat to pick her for the reward. And yet I didn't see her refusing to go.

And Kat's relationship with her cousin is... terrifying.

Edited by Blue Stingray, May 2, 2012 @ 8:07 PM.

Mrsmom

Mrsmom

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Holy cow, who raised that child? That was just creepy with her cousin (and wrong)! None of my 22 year old's friends would ever act like that spoiled brat on their worst day. Bye Bye brat, too bad so sad.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

"I'm 22, I'm 22." Only thing missing tonight was Mike Myers playing Dominic from RW2 bleating, "I'm from Ireland!!"

Speaking of the number 22, I'm thinking that's how many IQ points the group's average jumps with Kat's ouster. Is she naive or just stupid? I mean, when Probst dropped the hammer, I kept expecting him to tell her, "Okay, now walk towards me with your torch . . ." We should've been calling her "Dog" this whole time . . . she's a follower, she doesn't think the worst in people, and if you fake-throw a tennis ball, she'd probably run towards it.

I missed a bit of tonight's ep, but I got the gist of things. Kim is still in firm control. Alicia only thinks she's in control. If Colton was not gay, I'd wonder if stupidity and arrogance could be sexually transmitted. But no, I think Alicia can do something not even Colton can do . . . namely, shove her entire head up her own ass. And everybody else is just there.

Admit it . . . did anybody else laugh at Kat saying she liked blindsides? I think she might get a bonus in her prize check for providing such a choice line. Seriously dumb girl, is what I'm saying.

Edited by Lantern7, May 2, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

lol stupid Kat. You had a chance to make a move last week and you blew it. Good job.

I think Christina is probably next because they can't keep 2 goats in Tarzan and her. Then Sabrina better win some immunities or she is out.

If these women do not vote out Kim the first time she loses immunity they are beyond stupid. She has an idol but they don't know that though. I just don't see how anyone thinks they can beat Kim at the end. Are they blind? Not only is she the best strategic player she's also winning the most challenges.

Edited by BtvsVamp, May 2, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

SueR

SueR

Video Archivist

Being 22 years old does not give you a pass on being selfish and self-centered. Thank goodness they did the right thing and got rid of that dumb dumb idiot. Has anyone noticed that despite all the food rewards Kim is looking scarily skinny? I don't see how anyone's going to stop Kim from winning now, unless they blindside her next time, which I don't think they will.

Edited by SueR, May 2, 2012 @ 8:06 PM.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

For a moment, I thought Sabrina was going home. Kim is the Queen, I love the way that she is playing the game without being evil. She is very cunning and strategic in her machinations. I felt bad for Kat as well, she truly believed in Kim and their alliance. Kim looked away when Kat tried to make eye contact with her,when she realized to her horror that she was being blinsided by her alliance.

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Cool beans. That was fun and exciting.

I guess Troy backed the wrong horse.

I gotta say, she may deserve to win, but with her recent hubris, I did enjoy watching Kim so defeated with that vote. That's right, Honey, you don't have ALL the power.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Poor dumb Kat. I have only one word for her: touche

Admitting she didn't play strategically....did you see Troy's reaction? His advice fell on dumb/deaf ears.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Well, I did like watching the stupid little twit disappear from the game. The problem is that the whiny pipsqueak has six whole days to formulate the perfect "My question is I suck/I will be obsessed about losing to Christina and Tarzan for the rest of my life." speech in which she brays idiotically about how not fun it was for her to pay the price for talking herself onto the jury like the dozy dollop she is. Tarzan might have actually believed that someone like her couldn't be asked to have her act together but that didn't mean that he wanted her to get jury votes.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Kat went out like she played the entire game. Dumb, naive, and kind of hilarious. I'm sorry, that girl cracks me up. So many small things, like the bows, the arm pumps as they march into the challenge arenas, the way she talks. Kat is funny. And now she's gone, so that's sad. I didn't want her to win, really, but I wouldn't have minded her winning. And I'd definitely rather her win than the other bottom three.

Honestly, I don't get why they didn't just make the two obvious boots before Kim decides her eventual F3. And it's nice to know that plan has traditionally been her, Chelsea, and Sabrina. But that might change?

I think Sabrina made a bit of a brilliant play at tribal council. Knowing that she's been on the block and is in some danger even if she survives, loudly announce you're going to be a spiteful juror. If you're the power couple, that's dangerous to you, so you're more likely to keep her unless you're 100% you have five of the other nine votes. I thought that was really clever.

And at this point, Kim should sweep the last four challenges. She's the most athletic, smartest, and most socially aware. Though... did that immunity challenge favor her? I'd have to do the math, but my suspicion is that the longer your arms compared to your mass, the easier that challenge is.

athena23

athena23

Couch Potato

Alicia thinks she's in control. Skank, please.

Bwah! It would be lovely to see her go but she's too perfect to take to the finals. I like both Kim and Sabrina but don't see them both making it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out from here...

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Finally a boot worth watching the show for. Kat's golden retriever cuteness was getting tiresome. I have a couple of male cousins I adore - but that was weird.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

So that's what happens when you usually get what you want in life. One day you won't, and it must be a huge shock.

I don't dislike Kat for her obvious selfishness because I think most people are more or less selfish. She just doesn't hide it very well.

BurnXFreeze

BurnXFreeze

Channel Surfer

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Epic effing meltdown. EPIC.

But suddenly I feel cheated by the edits for a new reason: I didn't know Kat was so generally disliked. The selfishness complaint seemed to come out of nowhere, unless I've forgotten a lot from the early going.

It's tempting to ask if Kim has lost some control, but (1) this vote seemed pretty well id-driven, and (2) Sabrina, who did the id-driving, didn't show any signs of challenging Kim.

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

That blindside was indeed fun and exciting. Oh, the foreshadowing gods were having fun tonight.

Winning reward challenges this late in the game that involve choosing which people to take with you, is never a good idea. Especially when you show such glee about it, and say that it's because you think those people are more fun. Silly, silly Kat.

That being said, I don't think that Christina and Tarzan necessarily deserved to go. Christina made the decision to leave her dad, just like Tarzan did to his wife.

On a shallow note, Tarzan's wife must have had quite the boob job...she was pretty jiggley when she was running to meet him.

CharmCity04

CharmCity04

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Bwah! It would be lovely to see her go but she's too perfect to take to the finals. I like both Kim and Sabrina but don't see them both making it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out from here...

I think Kim has it in the bag. I think she'll be the female Colby and sweep the immunity challenges. Maybe, Chelsea is her biggest threat in that department, but Kim is a monster.

Edited by CharmCity04, May 2, 2012 @ 8:15 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Christina made the decision to leave her dad, just like Tarzan did to his wife.

I got the impression that Christina didn't see her dad very much, she regretted not spending more time with him. She said that, or was that a ploy to get picked?

LanceM

LanceM

Couch Potato

For a moment, I thought Sabrina was going home. Kim is the Queen, I love the way that she is playing the game without being evil.

I don't know about the word evil but Kim better watch herself. I am guessing she might have lost Kat's vote tonight and bitterness has a tendency to fester and spread at Ponderosa.