20-10: "I Need Hair to Be Pretty (Cochin, India)" 2012.04.29

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

221 replies to this topic

TWoP Roxy

TWoP Roxy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

From comcast.com:

The race continues in India.

CookieChica

CookieChica

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I hate myself for laughing at Art and JJ's impression of Rachel and Dave to pass the time. They don't have any room to call someone else a jerk but it still made me giggle. Especially the "You're not my wife, you're my partner!"

I knew Mark and Bopper wouldn't make it even with the fast forward. It's too bad because this will be the first time that I literally have no idea who I want to win. Blond Rachel and Ralph are the least objectionable people left. And I find Vanessa a smidge more appealing than Dave so I guess I'm rooting for Ralph and Vanessa?

And really, the end of the preview is the only thing that's keeping me in next week's episode.

Charlie Baker

Charlie Baker

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Well, it absolutely sucks that Art and JJ were not eliminated tonight. They are entering my list of all time most obnoxious teams. Who believed for one minute Rachel would shave her head? And Phil, please don't stir the drama.

The former Miss Alli has tweeted she thought this one was the most poorly designed leg ever. I did like the individual tasks, though.

Two hours next week? Well, at least then this damn season is over.

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Asuuming Rachel had done the FF, they could have picked up enough of a lead that could really make the difference in ensuring them a place in the final three. But, as we all know, being pretty is more important than winning a million dollars.

Art and JJ had a brutal leg. That detour was so much harder and slower than the elephant one. That cut is going to need a bunch of stitches.

Edited by TorontoFan, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:03 PM.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Remember when detours each had their own pros and cons? Good times.

Dull leg. I guess Ralph is the least objectionable person left, so go them? Bleh.

aml77

aml77

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Ugh. I honestly can't wholeheartedly root for any of the teams remaining. Art & JJ in particular made me want to reach through my TV and strangle them both. Why should either of them care about Brendan and Rachel not doing the Fast Forward?

CPP83

CPP83

Fanatic

Rachel is one of the most vapid, dumb, self centered morons I have ever seen on TAR. Wow, she needs hair to be pretty? How about a personality that isn't total shit? Or self esteem? Or intelligence? Or common sense? Or a soul? Cheese on a cracker, I don't know who raised her, but they should hang their heads in shame. Shame.

And oh yeah, boo on Mark and Bopper not making it. I knew they wouldn't, but still, JJ and Art are such ass hats I wanted them gone, just gone, forever.

Now I officially have no team left to root for. Major Dave the dick doesn't deserve money the way he treats his wife but they'll probably win it.

But I guess this ending is suited to this race, forgettable and full of people I wouldn't spit on to put out if they were on fire.

Edited by CPP83, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:07 PM.

BakerBaker

BakerBaker

Couch Potato

Oh my god, I thought I couldn't hate BP even more. Why do you care so much if Brenchel didn't do the FF?! You, of all people, don't even want them around. The constant whining and bitching was completely absurd. Oh but Vanessa and whoever that dude is couldn't be topped by them so she tried to "call out" Brenchel for allegedly miscounting. Look if they really miscounted, the editors would've shown it. That team was bunch of sourpusses because they got beat. I hope Brenchel flies pass both of those teams and one of them makes that terrible mistake next week.

Edited by BakerBaker, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Damn. Even with the Fast Forward Bopper and Mark are out. So sad.

I did not get Art & JJ's thinking about the FF. Either no team takes it, which means they are all competing on a level playing field or one team takes it putting Art & JJ behind. Better to have everything level. And logic would say that Bopper and Mark would think someone else would take it, so would not even try. So no harm there. Of course, they actually did try it. Too bad it didn't save them as I said.

Rachel, if you have been growing your hair for years to get it to look nice and it looks as nasty as it does, time to cut it off and try again. If she spending $500 on nasty looking extensions, I doubt she has much of BB money left.

Art & JJ were just gross when they were making fun of Dave and Rachel. ICK. Wish they had gone out.

Is this the most injured racer season ever? Heat stroke, cut hands, whatever happened to Vanessa's ankle, Bopper's knee, etc.

Vanessa and Rachel are never going to be friends. Why bring that stuff on the mat Phil? I don't watch the show for the interteam drama. I watch for the stunning locales.

Edited by merylinkid, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:10 PM.

mwolf

mwolf

Couch Potato

Mopper didn't have a chance without a HOO. Shades of Nary and Jamie all over again.

Don't like Art and JJ, but their impression of Davechel was hilarious.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I literally threw a shoe across the room when Art/JJ weren't eliminated. Damn then. I hate them so much but they did have a really brutal leg. It also seemed like they had transportation troubles because positions kept changing for them.

Uh, I guess though for Final 3, I want the couples to be in the final 3 but I have no idea who I want to win. Literally, no clue.

Poor Mark/Bopper though. I really, really hoped that they'd make it.

ReadIshmael

ReadIshmael

Stalker

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I was really, really rooting for Mark and Bopper to get ahead of Art & JJ, but I didn't expect it, and when it got close to the end and Art & JJ were miserable and Mark and Bopper were so excited, I knew which way it was going to end. That sucks, since Art & JJ were especially dickish tonight--more ugly sexist bullshit, more aggressive anger at each other and other teams, more stupid shit about other teams not being competitive enough. Ugh. Shut up. Though I did kind of like the imitation of Rachel and Dave.

Vanessa, mind your own business. Most of the shit between her and Team BB is about her inserting herself into everything they do.

I was expected the head-shaving thing with Rachel to be more ridiculous and funnier, but I was actually impressed with how she handled it. She made the decision right away, she was concerned about how her refusal affected Brendon but didn't beg for his validation, and she didn't obsess over it after, though she was aware of the potential consequences. And her reasoning about not being pretty without hair was so sadly matter-of-fact that I actually felt really bad for her.

Edited by ReadIshmael, Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:17 PM.

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

• Interests:Currently watching:<br /><br />The Amazing Race - not quite what it once was, but still an addict<br />Chuck - ditto<br />Dexter- great stuff<br />30 Rock - season 5 is the funniest its ever been! Probably my favorite show currently airing<br />The Office - nowhere near where it once was, but still alright<br />Modern Family - good stuff!<br /><br />New shows this year I'm still watching (have dumped a few):<br /><br />Walking Dead - great stuff!<br />No Ordinary Family - mediocre<br />The Event - Reading the recaps and board comments is immensely more entertaining than the show, so I watch!<br />Raising Hope - awesome!<br />Running Wilde - good! (will they ever burn off the remaining eps?)<br />The Cape - started out awesome, starting to fizzle<br /><br />RIP:<br /><br />Pushing Daisies - possibly the greatest show of all time<br />Lost - lackluster resolution to most mysteries, but still a monumental show<br />24 - downward spiral the last couple years, but once again, still a monumental show

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

That's got to be one of the most unbalanced detours ever on the show. The boxing task looked absolutely brutal and extremely time-consuming.

Overall, great episode. Sad to see Mark and Bopper go; too bad there was no real opportunity to catch up, even with the FF. LOVED Art and JJ this episode, from the Dave/Rachel impression, to bickering while handling the cart of boxes, they were clearly just KF-stricken and trying to make the best of it. Sure they've grated recently, but I still don't mind them too much.

Rooting for Dave and Rachel next week, with Art and JJ my second choice.

Shame on you Phil for picking a fight I didn't want to see between Vanessa and BB Rachel at the mat. I really don't care to see that petty crap. Hopefully no more bickering between those teams next week: I prefer the Dave and Rachel bickering (which is looks like will have a decent amount).

And I kind of wish I didn't watch the previews which spoil a large chunk of the finish line drama; though it looks like a crazy finish is ahead next week. See you all at Houndstooth I hope!!!!

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Drat. It's sad that Mark & Bopper were eliminated, but they went out with an amazing amount of class. So the two tasks only took about three hours total? Rachel and Dave were done before Mark & Bopper received their blessing.

Why would any team not want to do the elephant task. I mean... decorating elephants? Awesome.

Looks like the finale will be exciting.

OldHeaveHo

OldHeaveHo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I never thought I would say this, but I'm actually rooting for Brenchel to win. I like Ralph quite a bit, but I dislike Vanessa enough to want them to lose. Art & JJ are just horrible, terrible people with a superiority complex that needs to be squashed immediately. And I like Rachel good enough, but I dislike Dave enough to want them to fail.

I hope Brenchel crushes Art & JJ most of all. I would bathe in the glory of JJ's face if that happened.

theBigE

theBigE

Channel Surfer

Did Vanessa really say that Ralph was one of the few guys she's dated that didn't cross dress? She sure knows how to pick 'em.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

I had a death in my family today, so Bopper & Mark could have literally leapfrogged over Art & JJ and stayed in the game, and I wouldn't feel as happy as I should. Saying that, I would've wanted Phil to say this:

"Brennan & Rachel? Vanessa & Ralph? You finished second and third today. Bopper & Mark came in last . . . but we're keeping them in the game. Rachel, this has nothing to do with Bopper shaving his head while you didn't. If the Fast Forward involved getting kicked in the balls by an elephant, he would've done it, because he's kind of nuts like that. No, they're staying because they're a fun team, and they're worth rooting for. The remaining teams? Not so much. While Art & JJ finished behind you, they won three legs, and kicking them out wouldn't be just, even if they are 99.44 percent asshole. What is going to happen is all four of you are going to fight each other. No holds barred, no quarter asked or taken. Surviving team stays in the game and gets a 90 minute credit. Loser gets bandaged up and made to look presentable at the finish line. Get going. NOW!!!!"

The big consolation is that if the ceremony does bring good fortune, Bopper & Mark will not need it on the final two legs, and it could spill into their "real" lives. Seriously, we needed these guys this season because nobody else cool was able to step up. I don't think we've ended a season with six jagoffs, let alone eight. Bickering, posturing, cursing and on and on and on. The casting people need to take a pay cut, because this season has kinda bit the big one. And apparently, one team will be so fucking stupid, they'll finish first without completing a task. If it's anything like this week's episode, though, it'll be resolved without that much drama. Really was hoping Rachel-BB's breakdown would've fucked her and Brennan over, or Vanessa's fall would've knocked her out of the game. Does that make me a bad person?

Finally: how come no footage of Brandon & Nicole breaking down at the thought of getting their lovely hair shaved off? Or was that the exact location Joyce got buzzed? As for future "Switchbacks," I have three words: Inverary Sheep Station. That is all.

Thank goodness for TARCon. If the finale is going to be a massive clunker, I might as well be surrounded by other like-minded people without much emotional investment in whoever wins.

Edited by Lantern7, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:48 PM.

BluBarbi98

BluBarbi98

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

I was hoping that the FF was enough to get them through but alas, no. I can't wait to see who screws up next week. I don't want Art & JJ to win or Vanessa & Ralph (mainly because of Vanessa) so I guess I'm rooting for Team Major Dave and then Team BB

kris4n6

kris4n6

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

I'm so sad, I really loved Mark & Bopper. I was hopeful once they took the FF but there was just too much time in between. I would love to know how close they really were.

I'm not exactly sure who to root for last week. I actually liked JJ & Art until their hissy fit over Rachel and Dave not U-turning the others. I don't like Vanessa and I'm not big on either of the BB team members, so by default I guess Rachel and Dave. But he's an ass too. Eh. I'll just enjoy watching the finale I guess.

I can't wait to see who doesn't finish the roadblock!!!!

TheRabbi

TheRabbi

Fanatic

• Interests:Currently watching:<br /><br />The Amazing Race - not quite what it once was, but still an addict<br />Chuck - ditto<br />Dexter- great stuff<br />30 Rock - season 5 is the funniest its ever been! Probably my favorite show currently airing<br />The Office - nowhere near where it once was, but still alright<br />Modern Family - good stuff!<br /><br />New shows this year I'm still watching (have dumped a few):<br /><br />Walking Dead - great stuff!<br />No Ordinary Family - mediocre<br />The Event - Reading the recaps and board comments is immensely more entertaining than the show, so I watch!<br />Raising Hope - awesome!<br />Running Wilde - good! (will they ever burn off the remaining eps?)<br />The Cape - started out awesome, starting to fizzle<br /><br />RIP:<br /><br />Pushing Daisies - possibly the greatest show of all time<br />Lost - lackluster resolution to most mysteries, but still a monumental show<br />24 - downward spiral the last couple years, but once again, still a monumental show

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

I did not get Art & JJ's thinking about the FF. Either no team takes it, which means they are all competing on a level playing field or one team takes it putting Art & JJ behind. Better to have everything level. And logic would say that Bopper and Mark would think someone else would take it, so would not even try. So no harm there. Of course, they actually did try it. Too bad it didn't save them as I said.

I think their thinking was that if they convinced BB Rachel to go for it, Mark and Bopper wouldn't be able to go for it, thereby solidifying their elimination since they were so far behind. If none of the 4 leading teams took it, Mark/Bopper could get it, stay in the race, and then Art/JJ were at risk for elimination with the other teams.

sinycalone

sinycalone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

I wanted BP gone, gone, gone.

They become obsessed over things that ultimately have no bearing on the race....who the hell cares about the FF, when one team is hours behind and has a speed bump.

Plus, they were busy mocking the team that's been mopping the floor with them. So Dave and Rachel bicker, has it held them back?

I didn't like manure-stirring at the mat by Phil.

Got to admit I thought the ginger task would be easier than the elephants...wrong.

Without any kind of bunching, even with the FF, Team KY was doomed.

Nobody

Nobody

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

Shame on you Vanessa and the taller BP. You made me root for Rachel. Rachel!

Vanessa is a grown up Regina George. I know females can sometimes be catty or whatever, but grow up and mind your own business! Also, stop using pet names. Besides Angel she used an equally vomit inducing one today but I seem to have blocked it out. She is the living worst. I was disappointed that she wasn't more injured when she took that fall. Does that make me a bad person?

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

I actually don't blame Rachel for not shaving her head. It's easy for us viewers to say "It's a million dollars! Shave your head!" but it's only for a chance to win. Even if they had gained a sizable lead for the next race, there could have been an equalizer (like waiting for a flight) that evened all the teams out. They probably figured Team Kentucky was so far behind they could skip the fast forward.

I didn't understand Vanessa thinking that Brendon/Rachel were cheating. What with all the cameramen/judges watching? Why did Phil even bring it up?

Edited by qeratify, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:41 PM.

yruneh

yruneh

Fanatic

I knew Mark and Bopper wouldn't make it even with the fast forward. It's too bad because this will be the first time that I literally have no idea who I want to win. Blond Rachel and Ralph are the least objectionable people left.

There's no winner I'd be really happy about. I was just thinking that a hybrid team of Other Rachel and Ralph would be at least sort of likable, so great minds think alike.

Even though I was hoping Mark and Bopper would pass the Border Patrol, when I saw BP had talking heads I was pretty sure evil would win out. JJ is a piece of work. He's aggravated at a team he badmouthed & hates because they didn't make a decision (taking the Fast Forward) that would benefit him.

Art & JJ were just gross when they were making fun of Dave and Rachel. ICK.

Yup, yet another reason to hate Art & JJ.

And Phil, please don't stir the drama.

I think this season is Phil's worst TAR hosting job. He really working to bring out ugly smack talk on the mat.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Well that sucked. Not only were Mark and Bopper my favorite team, they were the only team left that I liked. Ralph's OK, and blonde Rachel's OK, but their partners are awful. Team BB are barely tolerable, and Art and JJ are in the top five of my most hated reality contestants ever.

I can't believe the two people who enjoyed every bit of this race, and who have one of best friendships I've ever seen on this show, are out ... while two bitter, pissy, whiny creeps are still in it. I hope when there is another all-stars, Mark and Bopper are the first team the producers call.

Anyone but Art and JJ for the win, I guess.

Edited by Anacharsis, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

LadyEight

LadyEight

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Bleh, boring leg, plus bad enough the decent team is eliminated even with the FF (no surprise, though, because how can they catch up?), but I also have to listen to the Vanessa - Rachel BS-gate at the mat with Phil. EWWW.

Re: Vanessa's pet name for Ralph this leg

but I seemed to have blocked it out

That would be "Sugar"?

My favorite Dave ass-ism: when he said he valued total silence instead of encouraging words from his wife during the roadblock.

Edited by LadyEight, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:20 PM.

RedBliss

RedBliss

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

I notice that JJ becomes oddly concerned with other teams' strategies (Davechel not U-Turning Big Brother, Big Brother not doing the FF) when those strategies would benefit him. What a pissy little baby. Clearly, the other teams should make their decisions based on how they might benefit his team. I was really hoping they'd be eliminated. Now I just have to hope that they're the ones who arrive first but have to go back and finish the task. That will make me fall off my couch with laughter.

Big LOL moment tonight: The universe not being able to handle Ralph and Vanessa in first place, hence the tumble.

etagloh

etagloh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

The twitterer formally known as Miss Alli is right. Nothing in that leg -- not even the Fast Forward -- was going to offset a three hour gap, just as Nary and Jamie weren't ever going to make up the time from their NEL. It was one of the city-and-environs continuations now common to TAR, where everything's knocked off in a handful of hours; I'd like to know the gap between BP and Kentucky, but I wouldn't be surprised if Art and JJ checked in before Bopper and Mark even set off.

I suppose Rachel and Dave have the best claim on the grand prize, as a reward of sorts for good racing, but I'm not going to feel great about it.

Also, Phil? Please, less of the Probstian shit-stirring at the bathmat.

The casting people need to take a pay cut, because this season has kinda bit the big one.

Machismo to the left, cattiness to the right. And TPTB, apparently encouraging both, in the middle.

Edited by etagloh, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:22 PM.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

I wonder if BP could have doubled back to do the FF since Rachel wouldn't do it. Is there any rule that if they turn it down once, they can't go back?

Skittl1321

Skittl1321

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

For me, Rachel not shaving her head had nothing to do with her being vapid and self centered, but rather having the worst self esteem of any contestant ever.

I was rooting for Bopper and Mark, but they were clearly VERY far behind.