13-18: 2012.05.01

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

138 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

EPISODE 18 (TV-PG)
“THE BIGGEST LOSER” REVEALED IN EXCITING SEASON FINALE – In this must-see, exciting live finale, the contestants from this season return for a special reunion and a chance to weigh in one last time – and show America how much weight they’ve all lost since beginning their weight-loss journeys. Those who have been eliminated will compete for the $100,000 “at home” prize. Then it’s the moment viewers have been waiting for, when one of the three finalists will be named this season’s “Biggest Loser” and win the coveted grand prize of $250,000! Alison Sweeney hosts the series, and trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince also star.
[-]

cupcakedealer

cupcakedealer

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

Yeah. I'm never watching this show again. Sorry, Dolvett.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

I thought Kim had to lose more than 120 pounds. Then I saw the number 134. I thought that was what she lost.. but apparently, that is her ending weight. So what were Kim's numbers?

ShortyMac

ShortyMac

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Glad Mike won the at-home prize.

Disappointed that Kim didn't win. Once I saw Jeremy lost 51% of his weight, I knew she wouldn't. It sucks because Jeremy still has weight to lose.

TelevisionMary: I think Kim had to lose more than 129. She lost 119.

Edited by ShortyMac, May 1, 2012 @ 8:05 PM.

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Crap.

Nothing further, your honor.

Tahitian Moon

Tahitian Moon

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Was the at-home winner the Britt's first victim? I think so, but am not sure. If so, I am so happy for him. Great to see Daphne and Adrian. I can't believe that Jeremy won. I'd rather see the return of Ali Vincent and her victory arms, than see this tool ever again. I need a long break from this show.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I was so happy for the at-home winner - that was the most satisfying Biggest Loser result I've seen in a while. I watched the final 3 weigh-in, but that was more voyeurism than anything, and I hated the result. Kim came close, but there was only so much she could do. :/

Was the at-home winner the Britt's first victim?

Yep, that was Mike - he's proof positive that you CAN get the job done at home, no excuses.

Edited by fivestone, May 1, 2012 @ 8:05 PM.

Wibnix

Wibnix

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Backgammon, reading, animals, Foo Fighters, lotsa TV.

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

How anticlimactic. Also, they really wanted to speed things along, hence we didn't get to see the at-home Losers in their nice clothes-- only the finalists got to do that. Bummed about the whole crappy thing. Kim looked smokin' hot. I actually liked her dress. Conda couldn't walk in her shoes. Never saw Buddy or Mark in the audience but meh, who cares. At least it was only an hour. I highly doubt I will ever watch this show again. I still don't know how I got sucked into watching this season.

ETA-- I missed the first 10 minutes due to an urgent need for a new coffee maker after my carafe broke-- Obama gave me the perfect chance to run out for a new one. Did the at-home finalists come out in their clothes in the beginning?

Edited by Wibnix, May 1, 2012 @ 10:16 PM.

WAnglais1

WAnglais1

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Kim knew she had lost, but she's ripped and PepNips is still a "Before."

Piss off, show. Maybe if Jillian comes back, but probably not.

Edited by WAnglais1, May 1, 2012 @ 8:05 PM.

dreamer55

dreamer55

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Mike looked quite hot. I knew he had the at-home prize in the bag as soon as he walked out.

Cassandra looked BEAUTIFUL. She had some seriously fantastic legs, and that hair color worked. Not sure about the giant forearm tattoo.

WTF was wrong with Emily's boobs? Looks like a couple of softballs stuffed in there. They were practically at her collarbone.

Lauren was gorgeous, but that mom haircut was doing her no favors.

Who wants to bet that Santa woulda lost another five pounds easy had he shaved that body fuzz?

The rest still looked like "befores."

Jeremy is still dumb and ugly, and now his fat earlobes stick out more.

They can stop with the attempts to redeem Conda. No one is buying it. Shut up and go away.

Kim looked GORGEOUS. I was really hoping she'd pull it off, but all that muscle worked against her.

Ocean Chick

Ocean Chick

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Thank you East Coasters for letting us left coasters know - I can now watch Cupcake Wars with happiness and pretend that this Loser of a season never happened.

Sunshine76

Sunshine76

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

Terrible ending to an even more terrible season. Good for Mike winning the at home - he looked great!

Bob -- Drew Carey called, and he wants his glasses back.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I guess it's just as well that Mike didn't win a spot back on last week's episode. Kim would have won the big prize, and Jeremy the at-home. This way, while it sucks that Jeremy gets the money, Mike gets a wad of cash also. Sucks that Kim got shut out, but if she hadn't been so busy being Conda's minion, maybe the Britts would have been eliminated like they should have been earlier on, and then Kim would be the one dancing in a confetti shower. Oh, well - them be's the breaks.

callmebetty

callmebetty

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Hate Hate Hate. Fuck you BL.
I've never seen a winner who still had a spare tire. Did Jeremy not get the memo about the use of spanx or is that pathetically with it?
Loved that Mike won the at home prize. Now that's what an after looks like on BL. Well, before this shit season.

Yeah Conda even to the end it's all about you: How your daughter gets to see you on stage. How you came to get "healthy" for you. But mostly it was for your daughter to see how cough great cough you are.

Adrian is a class act still clapping for the fuck faces and congratulating them.

I need to go scrub my brain after the numerous and then panned up shot of Peptits.

Forget to add: Cassandra's tattoo, looks tacky. Sorry doesn't work for her. Hope Conde Nast likes it though.

Edited by callmebetty, May 1, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

This show is over in every way possible. Never watching it even if it comes back in January 2013.

Looking forward to Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition, premiering June 3.

IzzleZizzle

IzzleZizzle

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

Thrilled that I skipped watching if Pepperoni Tits won. Sigh. Glad Mike won the at-home prize! Looking forward to the pics of the finalists posted online, and then never seeing or hearing about any of these people ever again.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I guess Allison had to get snockered before the show to make it through an evening with Conda and her minions.

WTF was with that dress Cassandra was wearing at the beginning... it was so unflattering. And I thought most people looked thinner in their work out gear.

dcsassychica

dcsassychica

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Once they showed the eliminated players, I thought, "Let's just fast forward this to the part where Mike wins."

Also, it is unfair to cast 400 pound players alongside 200 pound players. OF COURSE MIKE AND PEPTITS WON. Many of these players would have looked sick if they lost 51% of their body weights.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

I laughed when they didn't even bring the finalists out until the last 15 minutes and then hurried through everything. They know how much people hated these fools.

Thumper82003

Thumper82003

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

I won't even bother to watch it now, I'll just look at the at home numbers on Wiki and delete it from my DVR. I'm so over this show! The worst possible outcome.

sunnydaze

sunnydaze

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Jeremy...The BIGGEST LOSER and I'm not talking about his weight, Jeremy BIGGEST DOUCHE BAG ever, Jeremy one of two reasons WHY THIS SEASON SUCKED, Jeremy, one of the two reasons why I might not bother tuning in next year. Yes, I'm so, so bitter that pep-tits won. And no matter that Conda has gone blonde and lost a bunch of weight, your still an ugly,ugly person on the inside and the only thing worse than Pepperoni boobies winning would be you.

Now for for the good stuff, YAY MIKE WON THE AT HOME PRIZE!! And he did it on his own, with out a personal trainer or the ranch. As Conda's first Victim of her bullying tactics I thought he might be too disillusioned to keep trying. I'm glad I was wrong. And, man is Mike ever a hottie....shallow I know, but true. :)

edited for spelling

Edited by sunnydaze, May 1, 2012 @ 9:14 PM.

loki1957

loki1957

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:cats, photography, cooking

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Ditto to everybody else's comments. I'm in Colorado this week on business and it's on now, but now that I know Peptits wins. FU Anaconda and BL. This show sucks now. I agree with the poster who said looking forward to Extreme Makeover WL Edition. It's real, it's raw, it's HONEST. FU Conda and your asshole brother. You'll both put it back on and then some.

Three Foot Six

Three Foot Six

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

Pissed though I am about the outcome, it was almost made up by the constant stankface Conda had on every moment they weren't focused on her. When Kim came out in her teeny tiny spangly mini with her smokin hot legs and stood next to Conda all covered up looking like a before photo, Conda looked positively murderous. I cackled. Also a hearty cackle for Kim's "we're BOTH winners" - not "we're ALL winners." That's right, Conda, you weren't even remotely close to winning. You couldn't see the winner's stand with binoculars. You're still fat and nobody could pretend otherwise.

ETA: Forgot to mention...I'm curious how the Mike vs. the finalists thing might ding the BL franchise. The the people who were on the ranch the entire time ranged from mediocre to still amazingly fat, considering the regime they were on. The guy who went home almost immediately and didn't benefit much at all from the trainers, equipment, nutritionists, and that all-important intangible Biggest Loser "inspiration" smoked the lot of them. How are viewers supposed to buy that BL is the only magical way to OMG CHANGE YOUR LIFE when this guy sure as shit didn't need it? How can they shill all their fitness crap when the guy who didn't have access to it lost more weight than the people who did? That's the real reason I desperately wanted Mike to make it back in as a finalist - so he could win it all and be like, "I'm the Biggest Loser! No thanks to any of you assholes. Bob who? My trainer's name is Howard, over at Gold's Gym."

Edited by Three Foot Six, May 1, 2012 @ 10:47 PM.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

When Kim came out in her teeny tiny spangly mini with her smokin hot legs and stood next to Conda all covered up looking like a before photo, Conda looked positively murderous.

Didn't she though? Loved it!
I really though Kim had it until I saw Jeremy's numbers, because she looked really good.
Emily too looked good, and I loved Ali's dress.
Which contestant was it who also had a purple one-shouldered dress?
Conda did need more practice walking in heels. Hate it that Ali gave her time to talk, as time was really at a premium at that point.
I was surprised to see Sam looking that good. I wonder if he is able to get around unaided. You can see a dent in in his forehead.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

::sob::

Worst, most disappointing TBL finale ever.

Props to Mike for the at-home win. I really thought Kim had this.

CircusPeanuts

CircusPeanuts

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I'm thrilled!! Thrilled to have my Tuesday nights back after this car crash of a season. Oh-- and I'm thrilled NBC made the Finally one hour long. They could have easily stretched this out, but somebody seemed to know that it would be in their best interest to get this season over with as soon as possible.

Why-oh-why did they have to scar my brain with a 3x life size of the pepperonis? There isn't enough bleach to clean my brain. Jeremy didn't look fit at all. Maybe he had a game plan of not bulking up, so he could have a high percentage of weight loss without that pesky muscle mass getting in the way? I hope he blows through his winnings faster than you can say ho-ho's and twinkies.

Was I the only one that notice many of the early players kept flexing and pointing to their arms and they had nothing to brag about? It was like, "yeah, you have a flabby upper arm. Stop showing me."

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

Ugh. Pep-tits won. That's so very--uh--inspiring? Yes, he'll certainly make a stellar spokesperson for weight loss, won't he? UGH! I wouldn't let him buy me a drink in a bar and I'm old. Want to bet Condo snatches half that prize for herself?

I've never seen a winner who still had a spare tire. Did Jeremy not get the memo about the use of spanx or is that pathetically with it?

Heh, I'm betting it's the latter. He and his sister are still two nasty loser befores. Also bet they gain back most, or more, of their weight in a year.

Kim and Mike both look great. Congrats to both of them!

Sparkalie

Sparkalie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Thank God it's finally over and I can maybe bleach the image of pepperoni tits from my brain forever!

Am I the only one creeped out by the big screen that slowly panned from the 3 finalist's crotches, up slowly to the boobage area, and stopping at an extreme closeup of their faces? I thought the first one that came out (Conda?) was going to walk out from between her legs.

Cassandra's tattoo looked weird. Very out of place.

I wanted to give Mike a big wet kiss. He looked hawt! Too bad he didn't give two middle fingers in the air and say "Eff you Tank and Anaconda!"

Tigger 7

Tigger 7

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

Jeremy was playing the same old record over and over again:

"I deserved this the most!"

"I wasn't going to give up!"

"Nobody worked as hard as I did!"

Funny thing is that his record kind of skips over the "It's not fair that someone be given a second chance!" part now.

I was flipping over to the Jays game periodically, but I'm curious. Did Dolvett get to speak a single word tonight? I saw Bob talking, but not Dolvett.

I had to laugh at them beating the dead "Conda has been REEE-FORMED!" horse yet again tonight. I think Ali knew that nobody was buying it even as the words were coming out of her mouth.

I wonder if the Britt Twits realize the irony. An eliminated contestant ended up being the winner. Wasn't that their worst nightmare?

Edited by Tigger 7, May 1, 2012 @ 8:59 PM.

CircusPeanuts

CircusPeanuts

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

What was up with Emily, Cassandra and Kim's hair? I think it looked like the same stylist did it. They all seemed to have some strange Donald Trump combover going on. At first I thought Cassandra's hair looked thin and she was trying to work with it. That maybe her dieting left her with thin, unhealthy hair. But then the other two looked the same. Very odd.