Around the World in 80 Plates

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

280 replies to this topic

Kroliosis

Kroliosis

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

I find it ironic that Avery and Nookie form an alliance so Avery could be saved. Off all the times Avery almost got eliminated Nookie help her out. Only in the end for Avery break her alliance and back stabs Nookie.

I feel this was Avery's strategy! She was the strongest chef there & seems smart enough to see through Nookie's bullshit. So happy she won! Liz just didn't seem like that great of a chef & often had to have team mates carry her to the next place - also a boring cry baby w an annoying personality to boot.

Streya

Streya

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

Liz won Most Valuable Chef at least twice and her food was noted other times. She was definitely a weaker competitor than Avery, but I don't think she's a weak chef at all.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Even though the best person probably did somehow wind up winning, I still want this crappy show gone now. Kill it. Kill it dead, please.

walnutqueen

walnutqueen

Fanatic

• Interests:eclectic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:33 PM

I bailed on this after the first episode. Now this looks like it's going to be more of what we expected from this show.

Looks very promising, Vermicious Knid - I'll be tuning in for sure.

PolkaDotty

PolkaDotty

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

I don't remember what incident marked her as weak, but it seemed "the cool kids," Nookie, Avery, John, just seemed to pile on her. Maybe she wasn't as calculating, or snarky, as they were, and they acted like schoolyard bullies. They did it to Nicole, too. That's why the challenges were interesting, I guess, but they never should have the power to vote someone off. Leave that to Survivor, where there are abundant snakes in the grass.

Quilt Fairy

Quilt Fairy

Fanatic

Posted Jul 23, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

What did I miss? I watched most of the episodes, and couldn't understand why Nookie/Avery/otherguy hated Liz so much & were so nasty to/about her?

There were a couple of early episodes where it seemed like she couldn't handle the pressure in the kitchen and/or wasn't doing her fair share. I think there may have been at least one crying incident, although I could be mixing her up with another female chef. Anyhow, those early incidents really made the other chefs look down on her and she never recovered their respect.

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 6:10 AM

Yeah, she was blasted by Jenna at some point back in Spain or something because she had to change up the brulee due to a mishap with setting and broke down. By the way, Liz's custard in LA didn't set either so why does she insist on making custards!?!

Liz was basically the underdog for the entire competition due to her very mousy nature and I kind of think it played in her favor since no one thought she was a threat.

BettyPoz

BettyPoz

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 25, 2012 @ 7:05 AM

I don't remember what incident marked her as weak, but it seemed "the cool kids," Nookie, Avery, John, just seemed to pile on her.

OMG it was Jenna! She was awful to her in at least 2 episodes maybe 3. And then in the car ride Jenna asking her what was wrong, Liz tells her and Jenna basically tells her she's crazy. My husband and I shouted with Glee when Jenna went home!

PurplePastry

PurplePastry

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 2:55 PM

I find it ironic that Avery and Nookie form an alliance so Avery could be saved. Off all the times Avery almost got eliminated Nookie help her out. Only in the end for Avery break her alliance and back stabs Nookie.

Not sure what is ironic about it. Maybe you didn't understand the alliance they had. They stated numerous times throughout the season that their alliance was until the Final 3. This may have been because they assumed that 3 chefs would make the final. But Avery was under absolutely no obligation to bring Nookie to the Final 2 as part of the alliance deal. Nookie even stated in a TH that he wasn't sure how Avery would vote because technically they had both fulfilled their promise by that point.

As an interesting note, I liked that Avery picked Liz because in an earlier episode Liz, having won the awesome chef title, ended up being a tie breaker vote that kept Avery in the game and sent Gary (I think it was him) home. So it was a nice little payback from Avery that she chose to keep Liz. I'd imagine both the time Nookie watered down the juice and the most recent bit of pre-bought food factored into Avery's decision. This is her career and lots of really important people watched/participated in this show. I know for myself, if I was her potential employer I'd think twice had she picked Nookie over Liz.

nottopbravo

nottopbravo

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 6, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

After suffering throught the finale a few weeks ago, I was surprised to see a recent post here.

My greatest fear was that someone was posting the fact that this series had been renewed for next year.

Thank God that wasn't the case.

AladdinSane

AladdinSane

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2012 @ 2:21 AM

After suffering throught the finale a few weeks ago, I was surprised to see a recent post here.
My greatest fear was that someone was posting the fact that this series had been renewed for next year

This is similar to how I feel when there is a new post in the 'Celebrity Rehab' forum...
"Uh-oh, who died...?"

Edited by AladdinSane, Aug 7, 2012 @ 2:21 AM.