7-20: "The Girl with the Dungeons and Dragons Tattoo" 2012.04.27

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

99 replies to this topic

DigiKing

DigiKing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:27 PM

Didn't mind Charlie's character once she was past about the first 20 minutes or so. Before that, I was thinking, "this is how I would write a Mary Sue if I was completely aware of the fact that I was doing it." OF COURSE she wears weird hippie indie-geek clothes and listens to Walking on Sunshine and dances by herself in the elevator and goes to Comicon. The only thing she didn't do was sprinkle random Japanese phrases in her dialogue. Figures that my ideal lady would totally go for the ladies, though...(don't judge me plz)

They made her a redhead named Charlie and everything, lol. It's saved by the fact that it's an alias, but wow. OTT for reals.

Loved Dick's abrupt "Good talk" at the end of the conversation. He's such a smug douche, but when he turned full on roaring villain at the end I felt it was still believable.

The episode was...mostly out of place, though. It lacked the real suspense of the older episodes, and it's not because it was a comedy episode. They've done suspenseful comedy episodes before, like Mystery Spot. It just felt uneven, and longer than usual. Also, needs more main characters.

Edited by DigiKing, Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:28 PM.

Lemuria

Lemuria

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Other than Jensen Ackles' sheer hotness, the best part of the episode was the fake commercial. Go, Sucracorp!

Also, how ridiculous is it that Bobby had to remind Sam & Dean about the numbers he conveyed

And didn't notice they were wrong. Idjit. *grumble* Makes his arrogant I'm-so-much-smarter attitude even harder to take.

but we're really supposed to believe that he he's learned SO MUCH since then he wouldn't even dodge his reaper?

I think we are. We're not talking about the passage of a few weeks or even months here. It's been 45 years from Dean's perspective. He's seen the incredible destruction that playing fast and loose with the natural order has wrought, and the millions, or tens of millions, of lives (and in many cases, souls) that were lost because of it. And he had the second oldest being in the Universe take it upon himself to personally drive the lesson home.

I fully believe that, at this point in time, if Dean were given the chance to go back to Cold Oaks--knowing what he knows now--he would do it completely differently. I don't think he'd even attempt to bring Sam back. Just MO; miles vary.

Edited by Lemuria, Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:21 PM.

ardentshine

ardentshine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:31 PM

I'm guessing the PTB hoped people like me would flock to the show and go "Must watch!", though they might have thought she was already familiar to a lot of the viewership. Dunno. The ways of PTBs are mysterious.

I've liked Felicia Day since she was on Buffy, so I was like, "Oh, hey! Felicia! I might enjoy this." But it felt like the writers saw an episode of The New Girl and wanted to get in on the adorkable trend, so they chose someone with a background in sci-fi/horror shows. And in the end, the writers were just obnoxiously winking to those of us who do like Felicia Day as though to say, "See? We're hip and youthful and making meta jokes!" All they did was take Felicia's personality and amplify it to twenty, pandering to Felicia fans and torturing those who either don't know her or don't like her. I would have much rather seen her as possibly a hunter or hacker friend of Sam's with much more interaction with the Winchesters that didn't involve Bluetooth. But I dunno. Maybe that would've conflicted with Bobby saving the day. He's really starting to make my ass twitch.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:44 AM

Overall I liked it. Though I too am fed up with Bobby's exposition dumps Felicia Day turned out not to annoy as I'd feared, the Ocean's 11-style caper and framing format were fun, and the interaction between the brothers felt straight out of Season 1, which is a huge improvement over most of the last few years. And I will be forever grateful for the scenes with Sam providing an inspirational win-one-for-the-Gipper speech in Harry Potter-speak and Dean coaching on the finer points of flirting your way past guys like a bisexual Cyrano de Bergerac.

So why is he specifically going after them? I'm sure like most things this season, it will be a missed and/or dropped plot, but I still find it annoying that they haven't given us any reasons to fear the Leviathans, or understand why the Leviathans are after the boys.

I think it has to do with Team Free Will defeating Mother-of-All. Even if the Leviathans don't feel any filial affection for her that needs avenging, these three human beings managed to defeat the great mother goddess of Purgatory on their own after she neutralized their pet angel. That bears some consideration in one's strategy for world domination (or consumption).

I'm sure the show has forgotten the leviathans were created before the angels and locked away personally by God. I guess he left directions before he skedaddled. At least it's not in one of Bobby's books.

I hope whatever it is, it's not that. Anything from the time the Leviathans were last on earth should have been eroded down into sediment that's buried underneath hundreds of meters of rock. Middle Eastern archaeological dig makes me wonder if it's something from the time period when Mother-of-All was last on earth 10,000 years ago and someone figured out how to send her back to Purgatory.

Edited by Bruinsfan, Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:44 AM.

Aeryn13

Aeryn13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Speaking of, there was once a time when young Sam Winchester was quite the skilled little hacker himself. Maybe he didn't have the same whimsical wardrobe or geek speak about him. Maybe he didn't dance on elevators in between monsters hunts. And maybe the only time he was seen with a bobblehead was in Zachariah's made up AU world. But he hacked his way into cracking many a case.

He has never been established as a true hacker the way Charlie was here and I would have found it majorly obnoxious to pull one more super-perfect skill out of his ass that way. Couple of episodes back when Dean did some little hacking after a tutorial from Frank, Sam was gobsmacked and wanted to learn it himself. And I'm guessing that was moderate level hacking stuff. So yeah, I believe an actual computer genius would wipe the floor with Sam in a duel of the keyboards.

In that vein, I had no problem with bringing on a true expert here. They just didn't have to pimp the hell out of her and hand her 3/4 of the episode.

Kojuro

Kojuro

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

Not knowing who Felicia Day was or why I should care, I instantly wanted Charlie to die when she started listening to "Walking on Sunshine". I wanted her to die bloody when she started dancing in the elevator. I wanted her BFF who lived vicariously through her to die bloody beside her when it was clear he was only there to let us know she actually had a social life. By the time Roman was talking about her adorable hacking skillz and her spechul spark I wanted to die bloody. Why didn't they just name the character Mary Sue and been done with it? Double OY.

Me too. I was like "Who the hell is this chick and why are they devoting an episode to her and her awesome special sparkiness?" Could they have laid it on any thicker?(Bad question, whenever thinking TPTB couldn't possibly do something more and worse, these PTB have proven time and again that they definitely CAN).

And please Bobby, die in a fire(he can when they burn the flask, please please!).

I do agree that Dean probably has changed that much. He seemed to be on the verge of going with his reaper in In My Time of Dying, while he made some effort to get out of his deal near the end of Season 3, he was pretty much resigned to going to his death and eternity in Hell, even if he was going to put up a fight beforehand and Death took it upon himself to make sure Dean got the message in Appointment at Samarra. I'm pretty sure Dean gets it now and would not make all the same choices. Especially seeing as Bobby apparently knows absolutely nothing special about how to get rid of these leviathans that he didn't already tell the boys before he died(the numbers). It's hardly like he had to stick around because he absolutely had to tell Dean and Sam this is how to find the next clue or something.

The only thing I got from this episode is that Jensen Ackles is gorgeous and thank god for close-ups.

That's still true. Now if only Dean actually had a plotline because Jensen Ackles is quite good with those as well. :/

Edited by Kojuro, Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:07 PM.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

So, Dick is supposed to be one of the smartest villains they've come across? Okay, let's count the ways he was NOT smart:

1) He knows Charlie is a rebellious hacker and yet lets her work on the hard drive unsupervised.

2) His office is guarded by just one security guard who was easy to slip pass.

3) The door to his office wasn't even locked.

4) He chose a stupid, easy to hack password for his computer. Come on!

5) This guy is a freakin' billionaire, yet he couldn't hire better security to make sure this valuable item was delivered safely to him? This guy should have had his own private plane and security detail guarding the item.

6) He had Charlie's boss eaten in a public area where anyone could see them (and Charlie did which is why she freaked out).

Despite how boring and stupid I find the leviathans, I actually enjoyed this episode overall. It helps that I was a Felicia Day fan though and liked Charlie. I can see why those who didn't like her wouldn't have liked this episode at all, which indicates to me they should have structured it a bit differently so it wasn't centered too much around her. I also think they could have toned her character down a couple of notches. Still, there were some humorous scenes I genuinely enjoyed, and I loved the banter between the the brothers, especially Dean's "Dumbledork" line! Hee!

Edited by Tralah, Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:03 AM.

omelas

omelas

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

I believe that Dick is concerned with the Winchesters because he has Cas’ memories and he know what they have done in the past and what they might, eventually, be able to do to him. They also know what he really is while the rest of us are being lulled to the slaughterhouse.

My interest is peaked by the “spark”. If Sam and Dean were supposed to be hosts for Michael and Lucifer and they could be cloned why not her? You would think they would sparkle to.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

From what I understood, it wasn't that they couldn't clone her. They could, but Roman was saying that even if they did that and dumped all her memories into the clone, they wouldn't be able to clone what made her such a capable hacker. There's a creativeness and ingenuity that a clone couldn't duplicate. I assume that means the levis have tried to clone very inventive and creative people like Charlie in the past, but their efforts had failed in having the clones function as effectively as the originals.

Edited by Tralah, Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:15 PM.

morrigan2575

morrigan2575

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

I'm kind of tired of Felicia Day being in one episode of a show I watch, turning that episode into another episode of The Felicia Day Show, because she plays the same character in every single thing she's in (ie: she plays herself, but a slayer; herself, but a hacker, etc). What was the point of this character? This episode?

I knew who Felicia Day was before watching the episode, I have friends who love The Guild. I've watched a few episodes but honestly didn't get the OMG this is so awesome feeling that my friends seemed to get from it. I also haven't seen her in anything else other than one of a bunch or annoying potentials on Buffy..honestly I don't even remember her from it, I just know she was on it. However, I do have to agree with you, Charlie was no different than her character on The Guild and from what I understand it's really not much of a character, it's mostly just her.

That being said, I freaking loved this episode, maybe it's because I am a geek so all the geeky little throw outs cracked me up. Or it could be Dick Roman, because he really does add an interesting air of creepiness to his villain. Also, I loved the scene with Sam/Dean in the van, first Dean helping Charlie flirt with a guy while Sam is cracking up was great and later with the quiet assertion that Sam and Dean will go rescue Charlie if necessary b/c it's the right thing to do and it's what they do, even if it means their death (those are my boys!).

I liked that the show did something different, I always seem to enjoy the episodes that are stylistically different from the normal Supernatural episode and this one was no different; maybe it's because I liked both shows they pulled from (24 and Leverage) but this episode really worked for me.

Edited by morrigan2575, Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:02 PM.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

I liked the episode, until I got reminded it was one of the last episodes of the season. That definitely should have been a mid-season ep.

This has been the problem with the last two seasons. The pacing has been completely off. Why wasn't this earlier in the season? Why was there so much wasted time last season (and so many dropped storylines - the Campbell family line; why Samuel was pulled down, if he even was pulled 'down'; the war in heaven) ... You can't ask viewers to invest so much time and not eventually provide a resolution.

Re Bobby's transposing the numbers, didn't Frank have a throw-away line explaining the last number was incorrect but he figured it out anyway? Cheap.

We need to rename the writers thread - we are so far past a racist truck. The crack monkeys are back in charge.

arariel

arariel

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

Nitpick: Charlie's computer screens, all those DOS/Unix shells. In the 21st century, most hacker prefer using a nice Windows or Mac interface, instead of that eye bleed green text on black. C'mon, why do TV/movie uber programmers all like maintaining 25 year old OS systems??

No love for GNU/Linux or BSD systems?

People still use CLI and terminals, mainly because it's a lot faster, easier, and more powerful than using a GUI. But yeah, green text on black is hard on the eyes, black on light yellow is much better (I might also add that green on black is no longer the default for most terminals either; it's usually light grey on black, so she would have had to change the terminal settings to make it that way).

The old GUI can be excused because some people prefer lightweight desktop environments, because of lower memory consumption and other stuff. That doesn't explain Dick Roman's computer, though. You'd expect a big exec to have a nice and pretty DE on his computer.

Edited by arariel, Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:34 PM.

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:52 AM

1) He knows Charlie is a rebellious hacker and yet lets her work on the hard drive unsupervised.

5) This guy is a freakin' billionaire, yet he couldn't hire better security to make sure this valuable item was delivered safely to him? This guy should have had his own private plane and security detail guarding the item.

He used to work at Wolfram & Hart?

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:14 PM

He used to work at Wolfram & Hart?

I bet Dick does business with Wolfram & Hart. :D

Does anyone want to bet that during the last episodes of this season, some supernatural creature TELLS the brothers how smart, ruthless, and unbeatable Dick is?? Too bad we don't see it.

Dick reminds me of Michael, Lucifer, and Raphael. I guess that their overconfidence makes them dumb or something.

Edited by yimhappy, Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:11 PM.

Observe

Observe

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

why Samuel was pulled down, if he even was pulled 'down'

In 6.20 it was confirmed that Crowley pulled him up... ;)

Shattered Life

Shattered Life

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

Demian's unbridled ire in the recap is just wonderful. Thank you. It'll make next year slightly more tolerable as the show inevitably gets even worse and yet somehow impossible to stop watching. I outlived fucking Charmed; I'll be damned if I beat this show to its grave.

Edited by Shattered Life, Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:18 PM.

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:21 PM

No love for GNU/Linux or BSD systems?

Who "likes" Linux? Yuck, sorry, only old or Asian programmers like Linux. Yes, I'm stereotyping. :) And please, nobody mention Apple's use of Unix. You have been warned.

But arariel, you make a good argument why Charlie should be hacking using a 30 year old computer display.
Also, I suppose that it was supposed to make the "War Games" movie joke funnier.
Point conceded.

Thanks, this reminded me of another point.
I'm sorry, but Charlie had no hacker cred with me.
Yes, she's geeky & proud of it. Yeah, the really good programmers can be that way.
But, there was not one line of dialog or one thing on her desk that made me think "computer-superhero". I had trouble suspending belief that Charlie was some bad ass hacker.

Charlie reminded me of Keanu Reeves, action hero. Yeah, Keanu looks like he's getting ready to fight. Yeah he's so scary. NOT. Keanu Reeves just never seemed bad ass to me.

Edited by yimhappy, Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:47 PM.

KnitTzu

KnitTzu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

All the interesting, sympathetic, likable women that this show has killed off without a second thought and they allowed fucking Felicia Day to live?

Fuck this show.
I stopped watching after the "adorable" elevator dancing because all I could see was red. Once I learned that for some utterly inexplicable reason the loathsome Felicia Day "character" didn't die, there was no reason to watch.

arariel

arariel

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Who "likes" Linux? Yuck, sorry, only old or Asian programmers like Linux. Yes, I'm stereotyping. :) And please, nobody mention Apple's use of Unix. You have been warned.

Apparently 2% of desktop users, 60% of web server hosts, 50% of smartphone owners, and the maintainers of 90% of the 500 top supercomputers (the other 9.8% of which use some non-Mac variant of Unix, and a single one which uses Windows).
I'd say more so for hackers and crackers.

The best feature (for hackers and crackers) of Unix and Unix-like systems is the terminal, with bash or csh or zsh or whatever. Windows command prompt and PowerShell simply suck. And bash via Cygwin is an unacceptable alternative. Mac OS X has bash, but it's hardly a serious tool for hackers and crackers.

EDIT: Not to mention that Windows is very, very, very CLI/terminal-unfriendly.

I wouldn't be surprised if a hacker or cracker used Windows or GNU/Linux, the first because of OS dominance, the second because of simple convenience with tools and security, but seeing how Mac OS X is little more than a toy (definitely no good for any serious programming, hacking, or cracking), I'd be very surprised if a serious hacker or cracker (who doesn't work for Apple) used it as a primary OS.

Anyway, it's certainly not implausible Richard Roman Enterprises would issue some kind of GNU/Linux platform to its techies, or even across the entire company (Google phased out usage of Windows several years ago). RHEL does pretty well among enterprises, for instance). Can you imagine the kind of embarrassment that would occur if malware got into their systems and revealed the Leviathans' plans and identities?

Edited by arariel, Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:19 PM.

MichaelaBelle

MichaelaBelle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Though I too am fed up with Bobby's exposition

Besides being irritating, I can't believe Bobby learned all that from a five second glimpse of Dick's papers.

Blackmantra53

Blackmantra53

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Bobby must have an eidetic memory. It's the only answer for his amazing mental prowess in so many areas.

yimhappy

yimhappy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Can you imagine the kind of embarrassment that would occur if malware got into their systems and revealed the Leviathans' plans and identities?

Yes, as a matter of fact, I was wondering why Charlie didn't publish the Leviathan's plans on Wikileaks, or better yet, alt.sex.binaries, since Wikileaks might review & reject it. But I thought that I was already being nitpicky enough. :)

Also, I was wondering why a programmer of Charlie's supposed caliber would give a shit about being fired, or why would she even need a job?? Why not a threat a real hacker would fear?? "We'll connect your real identity to your aliases on all law enforcement databases." Or, we have a pic of you exposing your breasts at ComicCon, and we'll send it to alt.sex.binaries, with your real name. Or we're going to send your mom links to your God awful Harry Potter fan fics??

Alright, arariel, I conceded your point. An uber-hacker would use Unix/Linux. God knows Windows wouldn't cut it. But I'm still a card carrying Unix Hater (click here). I can hate Windows too, even as I'm hand cuffed to it at work.

Also, I mostly hated the green-on-black, plus a font I remember from the 80's. I've seen it on War Games. I've seen it on "The Matrix", and god knows how many other hacking related movies. It just reminds me of better movies. It doesn't make me think, "wow, that 'programmer' knows their shit".

Did you see one other thing in this episode that made you think Charlie was really a great programmer or hacker??

Edited by yimhappy, Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:07 PM.

arariel

arariel

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:12 PM

It was slightly better than most stuff I've seen in Hollywood. Which isn't saying much. And no, Charlie didn't exactly give the hacker/cracker vibe, but that's only going off my knowledge of the big names. My idea of a hacker is usually someone like Richard Stallman, and Frank was actually pretty close to that.

Terminals will usually use fixed-width fonts (my system default is Monospace) because other fonts tend to leave text clumping together illegibly. I just tried using Liberation Serif a moment ago, and the kerning was absolutely horrible. So there's a valid reason for their fonts as well. Green text on black is from before the '80s, some old-school people prefer it, but anyone apart from them doesn't have much excuse. Considering Felicia Day is in her 30s, yeah, there's probably not much of an excuse for her to be using green on black other than "it looks cool". Either light grey on black or black on off-white is much easier on the eyes.

Now, the real way to establish hacker cred in a film/TV show is to subtly name-drop programs (but properly, without meaningless gibberish). Have them use emacs or vim, Terminator and/or Yakuake, etc., basically the stuff real programmers use. They did use nmap in the Matrix, for example, and although SSHnuke was made up, there was a real ssh exploit around the time of the films' setting (yes, the Matrix is ironically one of the more technologically-correct films involving cracking).

Those other threats probably wouldn't mean much either, since she admitted it wasn't her real name.

cynnie

cynnie

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

In feel in the minority here. I enjoyed the episode. Although at one point I did think it was over and than looked at the clock and realized there was still another 20 minutes to go!!!

I agree with one poster who stated: who dumb can the boys be to not have figured out Dick's plans. I figured them out after the biggerson's episode. But they should have at least figured out what Dick was up to after that other Leviathan told him Dick was going to kill cancer.

I kind of wonder how many Levi's there are...if Dick and the Winchesters keep killing them off at this rate his numbers will drastically reduce. I wonder if Levi's can reproduce??

I also have been wondering why they don't throw Borax on Dick and hack off his head. Perhaps its like Charlie said...super evil villain needs and special sword to kill him.

Can't believe there are only two episodes left. Can't wait to see what they do with the red brick/clay..whatever it was. I'm guessing it's Levi kryptonite. The big question is it green or red kryptonite?

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

Three episodes left actually, Cynnie. :) CW ordered a 23 episode season. I'm also in the minority here that enjoyed this episode despite the flaws. I think a person's enjoyment of this episode greatly hinged on how much they either liked Felicia Day or took to her character. I do think they should have structured it differently so the focus wasn't on Day as much as it was, but overall I was entertained and not bored like I was in 7.19.

Canadian Yankee

Canadian Yankee

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:18 AM

Oh, and Fake Commercial for Sucracorp could learn some lessons from the late, lamented "Better off Ted". Go to youtube and search for "Veridian Dynamics" and see some actually funny commercials for an evil multinational corporation.

kara714

kara714

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

Demien: Because their appetites are insatiable, which is why they were locked away in the first place. If they don't properly husband their resources, they'll run through them in a matter of years, if not months. That part of all of this actually makes sense.

Is that what I was supposed to get out of Bobby's endless exposition?

Regardless, it still doesn't make much sense to me because if these creatures are insatiable when humans are roaming wild across the planet, how is their appetite going to be curbed when humans are penned up and domesticated like cattle? They are going to be insatiable whether the food source is easily accessed or takes a bit of extra lurking in brightly lit parkades.

Even if they manage to cure all illness and a few million people live longer, once they are gobbled down in a couple of bites, they won't be reproducing fast enough to become a sustainable food source.

I can see the theory behind this storyline, but there are still far too many holes to make me believe these leviathans are as brilliant as the promo bumph keeps claiming.

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

Also, I was wondering why a programmer of Charlie's supposed caliber would give a shit about being fired, or why would she even need a job?? Why not a threat a real hacker would fear?? "We'll connect your real identity to your aliases on all law enforcement databases." Or, we have a pic of you exposing your breasts at ComicCon, and we'll send it to alt.sex.binaries, with your real name. Or we're going to send your mom links to your God awful Harry Potter fan fics??

Marry me, yimhappy?

Even if they manage to cure all illness and a few million people live longer, once they are gobbled down in a couple of bites, they won't be reproducing fast enough to become a sustainable food source.

Worldwide there are about 490,000 people born every day, for a net daily population increase of 217,000 or so. Unless there are a lot more leviathans than we've been led to believe, I don't think their demonstrated method of feeding could overtake the birth rate. They don't seem to have powers that would let them kill thousands or millions at once (like Death, or city-incinerating angels), and we have no idication so far that they can reproduce. But their plan may be thinking in the long term to build a healthier, better human race so we don't go extinct anytime soon but instead go on being a yummy food source for hundreds of millions or billions of years.

It's also possible that cancer and so forth makes us taste bad. I know I want meat from healthy livestock and game in the prime of their lives, not from sickly or underfed animals.

caseylane

caseylane

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

Great. They would probably make us all go organic just so we would taste better.

Tralah

Tralah

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

Apparently, despite the leviathans efforts to make us into a good herd though, they fail miserably at their plans in the future. Didn't Chronos in the "Time After Time" episode say the world was nothing but black goo? So basically these leviathans lead by Dick Roman, who is supposed to be the one of the smartest bad guys they've ever faced, aren't going to be able to reign their appetite in and will eat everything. I find these leviathans to be ludicrous and hope they're killed and gone next season.