4-20: "Worlds Apart" 2012.04.27

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

122 replies to this topic

CorwinOfAmber

CorwinOfAmber

Fanatic

Posted Dec 2, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

Alt-Nick was hilarious because he was so whitebread and normal. And I wonder how Alt-Lincoln knew Alt-Nick.

jipijapa

jipijapa

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2013 @ 12:12 PM

I rewatched this episode recently.  Something I missed the first time around was what a nice scene Peter and Lincoln had together (the one where Peter says "Home is where the heart is").  When I first saw the episode, I didn't fully appreciate Joshua Jackson's acting in this scene, but when I rewatched, I realized how emotional Peter was at the prospect of closing the bridge and how hard he was trying to hide it.  Also, I only just noticed the "two Lincolns" reflection shot.

Why do the last 10 minutes of this episode work so well?  It's because the emotions were totally earned, and the narrative is really wrapping up seasons 3 *and* 4, not just Season 4.  It's poignant to know that when this episode was being filmed, they really didn't know if the show would be coming back.

CorwinOfAmber

CorwinOfAmber

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2013 @ 8:59 PM

Eh.  It would have been more poignant if they'd invested more onscreen time in the Peter/Lincoln and Lincoln/Altliv relationships.