11-32: "Top 6 Results" 2012.04.26

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

110 replies to this topic

trojan69

trojan69

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Ameriker got it right again!

The Queen Extravaganza appearance was fantastic. To me, that was the "moment" of this season. Loved that Steven Tyler was the first to stand in applause.

HeadlessOne

HeadlessOne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

I want nothing more than to see Phillip2 ousted from the competition, but I can't argue with tonight's results. Elise fluctuated too wildly in the quality of her performances to really sustain a strong voting base, even setting aside the issue of how she's perceived by the public. It was her time.

Fast forwarded through Stefano, Queen Extravaganza (not because I didn't think they'd be good but because I don't care enough to endure a cover band), and Katy Perry.

gaPeach

gaPeach

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Not surprised at the results but I will miss Elise. I enjoyed watching her sing more the most of the contestants left. I find Jessica a snoozefest and I just don't get the Joshua love. I think he screams most if not all of his songs.

joeschmoe

joeschmoe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

Aw, suck! The trend "normalized." (a/k/a back to voting off those with a marginal fanbase rather than marginal talent)

Phillip is still frustrating as always and this guy is just one bulletproof mofo. Not even a lifeless "Fat Bottomed Girls" and a mumbled "The Stone" killed him like it did to Colton last week. If he had gone tonight, the real competition would just have begun.

I'm bummed for Elise but I'm glad I still see Hollie for another week.

harperlee

harperlee

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

I was hoping P2 would go home, but alas he wasn't even in the bottom 3 :/

As annoying as the constant bitchface on Elise is, I was rooting for her. It was entertaining seeing her survive every week, and I really do like her voice.

Does Stefano go by just his first name?

Does Steven not like Elise? He sat through her final performance. Of course, he's allowed, but usually when one judge stands, they all do.

Edited by harperlee, Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:52 PM.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:49 PM

I want nothing more than to see Phillip2 ousted from the competition, but I can't argue with tonight's results. Elise fluctuated too wildly in the quality of her performances to really sustain a strong voting base, even setting aside the issue of how she's perceived by the public. It was her time.

I'd have to agree. I really enjoy Elise's voice, but week to week she made huge missteps in song choice.

However, I'm genuinely worried that Phil Phil will win hands down without some sort of rally behind whomever's against him in the finale.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:52 PM

Well, America finally put ol' girl out of her misery. She made so many trips to the Stool of Doom that I'm sure her butt was starting to hurt. Oh well, she can go back to the bar where she sang and load up.

Stefano and his boyz were fun and the song was club catchy. He's a cute lil' thang.

Artemis

Artemis

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Wow. I can't believe they found a guy who looks AND sounds like Freddie Mercury. He just needs to be 20 pounds thinner and 60% more gay.

I was very weirded out by the Ford commercial where they made Joshua and Hollie look like a couple, with the heart and everything. Maybe it's just from reading the boards, but I thought they had a Will & Grace thing going on.

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Good showing for Jessica. 1st slot and she was the top female vote getter. She has to get the pimp slot next week, so should be a lock for F4.

P2 is just cruising. Only person never to hit the bottom 3 and I can't that changing.

Nedsdag

Nedsdag

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

I'd have to agree. I really enjoy Elise's voice, but week to week she made huge missteps in song choice.

This sums up Elise's time on AI to a T. How could you follow up a great performance of a Queen song with a Hendrix song, even though well sung, that was unfamiliar to the mommies and tweens who vote?

Plus, she was inconsistent as hell.

Edited by Nedsdag, Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:01 PM.

thistoo

thistoo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Wow. I can't believe they found a guy who looks AND sounds like Freddie Mercury. He just needs to be 20 pounds thinner and 60% more gay.

I was very weirded out by the Ford commercial where they made Joshua and Hollie look like a couple, with the heart and everything. Maybe it's just from reading the boards, but I thought they had a Will & Grace thing going on.

I was weirded out by the Joshua + Hollie vibe they were trying to sell too. It looked like maybe Joshua and Hollie were as well.

I thought the guy looked more like Freddie than he sounded. Maybe I'm just hard to impress, but I thought they were kind of terrible.

Edited by thistoo, Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:02 PM.

rustyspigot

rustyspigot

Fanatic

• Interests:TV and Sarcasm. And I love the bitches.

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

First of all, Stefano needs to be in a preview "Magic Mike" get up minus the stupid soul patch and outfit he had on. Pander to the gays, stupid.

Second. If THAT's my top 3 future lineup I'll be hoping for technical difficulties and hilarious but, not life threatening mishaps. I'm still waiting for my faint.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

Based on tonight's results, among the girls, Skylar's fan base isn't as strong as I thought; she twanged her way to the bottom three. On the other hand, Jessica's fan base appears to have solidified after her scare. Hollie is still in a precarious position so I hope she sings her butt off next week.

Phil is like a fly that you keep swatting at and it keeps getting away. Unfortunately, he seems bound for one of the final two spots. *sigh*

I don't know where Joshua fits in all this.

Edited by Ohwell, Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:16 PM.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:15 PM

I think Elise gave her best performance tonight at her sing-out; she was great. She's probably gutted but it's for the best. There was no way she was going to win this, no matter how much she hoped. Ryan was right, she needs to take Stevie Nicks up on her offer; that would be an incredible gig.

I wouldn't be surprised if PhilPhil shows up in his bathrobe and slippers next week.

the macguffin

the macguffin

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:18 PM

I thought the guy looked more like Freddie than he sounded. Maybe I'm just hard to impress, but I thought they were kind of terrible.

He even had Freddie's overbite. Sounded a bit like him, but the band, no. I wasn't paying much attention and thought for a few seconds that Constantine was singing with them (guy with greasy mop of curls in the middle).
I do believe Stefano is the first ex-finalist to come back sounding clubby. Really, the show bleeped (or had him not sing the words)'my ex wants to have sex'? I always found him creepy.
The world must be ending. K.Perry not lip-synching??

HeadlessOne

HeadlessOne

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:19 PM

However, I'm genuinely worried that Phil Phil will win hands down without some sort of rally behind whomever's against him in the finale.

It's a frightening thought. The alternatives aren't comforting either.

Outside of PP, we have Joshua (whose voice I only really get ecstatic about in strictly gospel tunes), Jessica (talented but with the personality of a cardboard box), Hollie (with potential but fighting against the Idol machine), and Skylar (country). I praised the performances last night, and I admire Skylar's spirit, but at the end of the day none of the remaining singers really get me to rally behind them.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

I couldn't take Stefano and thought that was the lamest song ever. Maybe not "ever", but very close. As someone else said, he always creeped me out a bit anyway. I would have liked to see PP go before Elise. I hope Stevie Nicks was serious and it takes Elise someplace good. Glad Hollie is still there and hope she blows it out of the park next week. Anyone know what the theme will be? JLo looked like she was having a conniption fit when Elise was singing. Why doesn't this surprise me? I foresee a boring finale. Not last year boring, but boring nevertheless.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:48 PM

I don't know where Joshua fits in all this.

Joshua is the best singer in the group.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:53 PM

While I agree that Joshua is the best singer in the group (when he's not taking me to church), I don't know if he'll even make the final two. It's hard to tell about his fan base. That's what I meant.

Plus, as we all know by now, the best singer doesn't always win anyway.

xr11576

xr11576

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

Hollie (with potential but fighting against the Idol machine)

She not only gets the pimpslot, but also the first non-Joshua standing ovation in weeks, as well as a strong 'redemption/underdog/growth' arc narrative the producers are pushing, and people are still convinced she's fighting the Idol machine.

And it wasn't just this week, last week after the Adele song, they judges were in a frenzy about how she's back and 'in it to win it', comeback kid, rally the troops! She deserved it because she nailed that song, but I'm just baffled why these continues this underlying belief that she's being persecuted.

Why would the Idol machine be against her anyways through the prism of logic? She's the most marketable contestant left, she's likeable behind the scenes so I doubt anyone is trying to sabotage her on a personal level, etc.

Edited by TWoP Tennison, Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:34 PM.
Bboards on boards

Shira

Shira

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

I had finally given up on P2 after the lousy, lazy performances last night, but like Jimmy, I was interested in seeing what would happen with the fans, especially after JLo admonished him. The kid didn't even get a spanking by being sent to the B-3! Wow. I think he's following in the path of Carrie Underwood, who also never hit the B-3 on her way to the title. He's the new Teflon Don. Also: he's turning into the laziest contestant ever. I expect him to just phone it in next week--literally--from his hotel room bed, just sing into the speakerphone.

Sooooo much really bad FF material tonight: Stefano, Katie Perry, TMZ, the Queen cover band. Saved me A LOT of time. But back to TMZ, I can't believe they devoted yet another AI visit to them. They're the slimiest of the slimey. It's pretty bad when the most entertaining parts of the show for me are the ads for "Dark Shadows."

At this point in the season, Ryan's fake-outs are so predictable and tedious.

Will miss Elise.

If Randy puts on one more piece of "YO" accessory crap, I hope Skylar shoots it off him.

roydenlea

roydenlea

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

I just noticed that Stefano looks an awful lot like Jennifer Lopez's current piece.

She's the most marketable contestant left, she's likeable behind the scenes so I doubt anyone is trying to sabotage her on a personal level, etc.

I don't think the 'Idol machine' is planning and plotting to destroy Hollie either. Hollie's a good singer but not good enough. And her personality is practically non-existent. All the 'stick it to the man' votes aren't going to change that.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music, yoga, cuisine

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

While I agree that Joshua is the best singer in the group (when he's not taking me to church), I don't know if he'll even make the final two. It's hard to tell about his fan base. That's what I meant.

Plus, as we all know by now, the best singer doesn't always win anyway.

Joshua's Queen performance was a revelation. He was great.

Edited by susannot, Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:59 PM.

madam magpie

madam magpie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:02 PM

Aw, I miss Elise already! But I'm neither surprised nor worried. She'll be fine. Boy...if she went on the road with Stevie Nicks, that would be fantastic. I'd pay to see that for sure.

Add Jimmy to the list of people who can suck it.

Great sing-out. I love that Elise didn't cry. And, if it wasn't before, it was pretty obvious after that hug from Hollie and the fact that as they stood there, Elise kept mouthing to Hollie, "It's okay," the girl is all heart. Also, I like her face.

Phillip looked like he was going to pass out.

Edited by madam magpie, Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:06 PM.

slowpoked

slowpoked

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I still don't like Katy Perry's singing but I will forever love her for "This isn't a lifetime movie, sweetheart..." smackdown of Kara Dioguardi a few seasons ago.

Oh Elise, I was sad to see you go, but frankly I was surprised she lasted until Top 6 - an "old", not conventionally attractive female, a rock/bluesy singer with a seemingly sourpuss attitude? That's an Idol victory in itself. Hey, baby steps! Maybe they can actually find a way to get rid of Phil Phil.

spaghettijimmy

spaghettijimmy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

I had finally given up on P2 after the lousy, lazy performances last night, but like Jimmy, I was interested in seeing what would happen with the fans, especially after JLo admonished him. The kid didn't even get a spanking by being sent to the B-3! Wow. I think he's following in the path of Carrie Underwood, who also never hit the B-3 on her way to the title. He's the new Teflon Don. Also: he's turning into the laziest contestant ever. I expect him to just phone it in next week--literally--from his hotel room bed, just sing into the speakerphone.

I agree, sick is no excuse, P2 sucked last night and deserved to be in the bottom 3, I'm a little shocked about Skylar, especially since the remaining girls do zero for me,and I find Skylar entertaining, but I haven't voted even once this season, none of these people truly interest me.

Try Again

Try Again

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:37 PM

I'm just anticipating Phillip winning the show. To me he's just stuck in autopilot and waiting for the others to join him in the finale. I'm hoping that he gets the surprise 3rd place elimination like Melinda (I loved her dearly), Danny Gokey, etc.

Ms Kat

Ms Kat

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

I guess I am the only Phillip fan on the board. I really like him. He is interesting. He is a performer and has a quirky quality that I am attracted to. My second is Skylar. She is a terrific performer, very comfortable on the stage and with a great presence. Jessica and Holly are great singers but not great performers. They are both a little bland. I can't imagine buying tickets to see either of them in concert. Joshua is okay is small quantities but he is kind of a one trick pony. I always know what to expect from him and he never surprises me at all.

Elise had a unique quality to her voice but I never really felt compelled to pull for her. I'm not sure why, I just never warmed up to her much.

The standing ovations for Joshua every freaking performance are over the top.

Edited by Ms Kat, Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:07 AM.

contessakitty

contessakitty

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:13 AM

I'm a woman and I've had kidney stone surgery and I can imagine that it's even worse for a guy to have to pass kidney stone shards through their...smaller passage. If he still has them inside of him and like me, developed a bad infection, if he's that sick he should be hospitalized. With that, I agree that P2 made the choice to compete in American Idol so sickness isn't an excuse.

Edited by contessakitty, Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:13 AM.

Artemis

Artemis

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:42 AM

I guess I am the only Phillip fan on the board. I really like him. He is interesting. ... Joshua is okay in small quantities but he is kind of a one trick pony. I always know what to expect from him and he never surprises me at all.

That's ironic, since your criticism of Joshua is the exact same criticism I see lodged most often against Phillip. I'm not a huge fan of either of them, but I see a much wider range of performance from Joshua than P2. Just this week Joshua went from a big, high-energy Queen song to a soft, contained ballad. I've never seen P2 do the latter.

I really hoped we'd see P2 in the B3 this week, but he does seem to be bullet-proof. I was also surprised Jessica wasn't in there. I'm hoping Hollie can Hayley her way to Top 3, and my dream team for that would see her joined by Skylar and Joshua, if for no other reason than because they are all besties and so cute together.

I hate the Save. We should be at Final Four right now.