1-18: "Justice" 2012.04.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

124 replies to this topic

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

I liked this episode. I thought it was an improvement over last week's.

It was a very good use of the incriminating sweater to deflect attention from both Jack and Daniel and frame Victoria's thug. Although the theft of the sweater did potentially blow Nolan's cover as being more than just a friend to the Porter brothers. Unless Declan is suspicious about the theft then Nolan may well have escaped without his part being discovered. Declan does know that he himself did not leak the news of the incriminating sweater, so perhaps he may start to wonder...

This episode had Emily and Nolan being the kings of covert surveillance. Combined with Nolan's spy camera and Emily's bugging of the Grayson's these two were able to very quickly uncover all sorts of incriminating dirt on Victoria, Conrad and the thug. Cos the bad guys were up to loads of nefarious sh1t this week, it was all too easy for our Revengers to gain dirt on them. It was good to see Emily back to being two steps ahead of the villains this week. It was Jack's return and his possession of the sweater that threw Emily's plan off-kilter. Emily must have had some other plan for subverting or destroying Victoria's thug, she had not acted on the evidence she got on him last week which was 6 weeks ago in TV show time.

I thought it was funny that Nolan has been actively leading Jack on a wild-goose chase all over America for 6 weeks or so! And he has been doing this remotely while stood in Jack's bar! LOL! Him and Emily are both puppet-masters.

So now we know that Victoria was a criminal before she met Conrad, she DID love David Clarke, Conrad had David killed in prison AND had Victoria's thug killed. Now that Emily knows that Conrad had her Father murdered, she is going to kick up her Revenge plotting up a notch! The kid gloves are off!! She has had to waste a couple of months with this Tyler murder stuff but now she can go get her Revenge on...

Edited by revelation, Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:26 PM.

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

I hope Emily breaks up with Daniel. He seems to have violent tendencies.

Daniel has more reason than most to doubt Emily and more reason than most to be frustrated. He does remember the picture Tyler gave him, he's probably not quite sure whether he shot his friend or not, he's been jailed and beaten, and Emily had spent the day ignoring his phone calls after talking to Jack. He has many reasons not to trust her, and possibly even a nagging fear that she set him up if Tyler's accusations are true. I don't think The Shove was a big deal at all.

Cheapseats

Cheapseats

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:TV of course! Movies, Internet, decorating, shopping, DIY.

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

I am so happy there are now episode threads for Revenge!

Nolan cut his hair! Not as cute as he was last week, and the red sweater did him no favors. Dang.

He has a lot of potential (see - Gabriel Mann) to be a very nice looking guy, but I hated his hair and wardrobe. What's with all the layers? It was frightfully bad this episode. I guess even if you are filthy rich doesn't mean you necessarily have good taste. If they are just doing this because of his character's quirkiness, I don't need the bad visual.

And Jack, I totally want to play hide and seek with you, because you suck at it!

This made me laugh out loud. I used to think Jack was a hottie until he started obsessing over Amily. She is such a dud so it made me lose respect for his character A LOT. The more he chases her, the sillier he looks.

I have such a girl crush on Madeleine Stowe. She is a fabulous actress and the camera just loves her face. QV is played to the hilt and written very well. It's not just mean and evil plotting. Her husband swoops down when she gets a good thing going with the artist and she gets her damn heart broken (once again).

Dowel Jones

Dowel Jones

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

I'm baffled by the Rikers thing.

Name recognition, mostly. The name Rikers is familiar to anyone who has seen any of the Law & Order shows. To the non-New York population (such as I), it carries more weight than other places. Just as San Quentin or Folsom, etc., carries a lot more weight than, say, Avenal or Wasco, out here in California.

Edited by Dowel Jones, Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:57 PM.

fionab

fionab

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Reaching way back up thread... Declan doesn't have to worry about perjury unless he recants his testimony for some unknown reason. He said "Charlotte was on drugs" - true - and "I didn't see anyone" - also, there is no way to prove that he did. Even if charlotte did see someone, Declan can say, "it was foggy, dark, and the lights from the party made it impossible to see by moonlight. Charlotte may have seen something, but I didn't". No way to charge him for perjury on that.

The Greysons are already legitimately suspicious that Jack was on the beach (yes, Charlotte was on drugs, but she's sticking to her original story and from the Graysons' point of view, the only reason for Declan to change his story is to protect his brother. And in fact they are right.)

They are not right. Declan didn't change his story - he simply refused to agree to the Grayson's convenient version of events. Charlotte couldn't even describe the guy on the beach's face, remember? Victoria simply paid the sketch artist to make the artist draw Jack, because he wasn't at the party and was a convenient fall guy.

The Amber alert could have been for any kid... There are (sadly) loads of missing children, all Emanda would have to do is call and say I saw Eton Patz climb into the back seat of a red sportscar, license plate Thuglee, and the cops would issue an APB.

The main issue I have with this episode is that Jack's sweatshirt would have had his skin cells and such on it, wouldn't it? How would Emanda get the sweatshirt clean of Jack's DNA without eliminating Tyler's?

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:26 PM

The main issue I have with this episode is that Jack's sweatshirt would have had his skin cells and such on it, wouldn't it? How would Emanda get the sweatshirt clean of Jack's DNA without eliminating Tyler's?

Emanda had no intentions of removing Jack's DNA. Jack's DNA on the hoodie would reinforce that the Graysons' henchman had beaten up Jack before when the henchman came looking for Treadwell's tapes at the Stowaway (she told Nolan this when Nolan inquired about it). In that case, having Jack's DNA on the hoodie, BUT the hoodie being found in the henchman's possession, was a win-win for getting Daniel released; Jack being removed as a potential suspect; and the hired goon becoming the fall guy for Tyler's murder. That was Emanda's plan with planting the hoodie in the goon's car and it worked.

Edited by Bella, Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:29 PM.

imatwkrp

imatwkrp

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

I expect better from Revenge.

Not a huge fan of this episode overall.

Yeah, I do enjoy the show, soapiness and all, but actually, I spent much of tonight wondering if the script supervisor or head writer had changed. I still liked the plotting! Whoever devised the plot for the ep had a good sense of soap-opera entanglement and kept the ins and outs of the complications tightly interwoven, so good work on the story.

But the dialogue was exceptionally expository tonight. Geez, Victoria, tell your lover more about his own life and experiences. And the dialogue could easily have been tweaked to smooth infelicities in the consistency of sequences of events. Just have someone say, "It's been twelve hours," so that we didn't have to believe something happened in two hours, or "it's been two days," even, so that we didn't have to justify Ourmanda quickly nipping over to NYC and back in one evening. I really enjoy this soap opera, and I double-fudge enjoyed the last scene! But overall, I am underwhelmed by the quality of the dialogue that kind of messed up more than half the scenes tonight. I actually thought the plot deserved better execution.

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I feel so annoyed by the stupid mistakes Daniel and Charlotte make, but then the show reminds me that they are guppies surrounded by piranhas. They really don't have much a a chance with Conrad and Victoria as parents. Charlotte especially seems to be intensely alone. Victoria and Conrad deserve the fallout from Emily's revenge, but poor Charlotte and Daniel are innocent of everything that happened to David.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:26 AM

The dumbest part was when Amanda walked outside, and immediately got a phone call from Daniel who was watching her from his balcony, and she hit "ignore" and just kept going. Duh! Isn't she well aware that the Graysons watch her like a hawk from their perch on high? Didn't it occur to her the very reason Daniel was calling was because she said she was too busy to come over, then he saw her leaving the house? She knows the Graysons can see her from there! Ugh. Emily is supposed to be such a mastermind but sometimes she's amazingly shortsighted.

I don't think she was being shortsighted. Daniel did exactly what she wanted him to do. It's sad, but she's always manipulated him, and going back to the angle that Emily always knows what is going to happen, she probably knew that he was watching her, he pretty much told her that the first time that they talked, and she wanted to provoke him. I'm sure that she has feelings for Daniel, but she needs to keep treating him like this, so that she can maintain control over him.

I do admit that it's getting old that she always gets her way, and that any obstacles in her path are either killed, get amnesia, or taken care of without posing a real threat to her. She needs do deal with some real roadblocks that make her alter her plans.

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

I’m so glad there isn’t going to be a long drawn out trial, I was worried it was going to be Perry Mason time. I don’t really understand how there can be an Amber Alert without a child, or how the police immediately connected the bloody hoodie to Tyler, or how that tough goon was strung up by someone else in a way that the coroner won’t be able to tell, but I’ll buy it. I do hope that Emanda gets back to getting revenge on people, it’s been so long since we’ve seen a takedown, it’s like it was another show.

I can’t believe that Victoria pimped out her own daughter in order to save her son. I’m glad the artist is gone though, that plot was boring & once they established that Victoria was a crook (I wonder where that plot point is going) then there was no need for him to stick around.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

They are not right. Declan didn't change his story - he simply refused to agree to the Grayson's convenient version of events.

He did change his story. He originally told the cops the truth: that he saw a man in a hoodie on the beach, but he couldn't see the person clearly. That was repeated by the prosecutor at the trial.

After Mason Treadwell made it clear to Declan that the Graysons were going to claim the man was Jack, then Declan changed his story, claiming he hadn't seen anyone and was just trying to back up Charlotte's story and conceal that she was on drugs. He changed his story because he knew full well that Jack WAS there and was therefore a murder suspect just by being there.

Baskingsharkgtx

Baskingsharkgtx

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

Better than last week, even with the few somewhat-glossed-over plot points.

Does Victoria know Conrad actually had David killed in prison?

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

Does Victoria know Conrad actually had David killed in prison?

I get the sense she does not because, otherwise she would have known to have the contact inside the prison system wipe out Thuggo herself.

Also, I think Conrad sensed Victoria's ambivalence with going through with the plot. She backed down on revealing everything on the stand after sending the note saying she would to David. IIRC, Conrad mocked Victoria for wanting to come clean about framing David and talked her out of it. Because they were framing David for Conrad's crimes - he was the one who really needed to make sure David never got a chance to make a case to his daughter and eventually the public.

Also, I don't think her original plan involved having David Clark murdered, though depending on the laws at that time risking his being executed was acceptable. I don't know what TV land law and penalties are when some one is an accessory to a mass murder.

Edited by name234, Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:52 AM.

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

I thought some of the overheard-via-bugs conversations were a little too on the nose. Conrad’s conversation arranging the fake suicide should have been a little more circuitous.

The guy he was talking to: I immediately thought it was one of the terrorists. Something about how the guy took care of David Clarke (i.e., had him knifed) to cover up their past relationship. It made me wonder if Conrad had knowingly laundered money for the terrorists, rather than having been duped into it. He might not have known they were planning the airplane attack, but he wasn’t in the dark as to who they really were.

An Amber alert? How do you get an amber alert issued unless there is an actual child who has gone missing?

Like this: Call from a pay phone outside a convenience store: “Hello 911? I just saw a man grab a child out of the parking lot! The kid was struggling and screaming as the man stuck a bag over his head and threw him in the car! He drove off down 14th street. New York plate number….”

Police are pretty prompt on issuing Amber Alerts. In my area we’ve had several that were rescinded a few hours later when they found the “missing” kid had gone over to a neighbor’s house.

Imonrey

Imonrey

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

I don't think she was being shortsighted. Daniel did exactly what she wanted him to do. It's sad, but she's always manipulated him, and going back to the angle that Emily always knows what is going to happen, she probably knew that he was watching her, he pretty much told her that the first time that they talked, and she wanted to provoke him. I'm sure that she has feelings for Daniel, but she needs to keep treating him like this, so that she can maintain control over him.

You mean you think Emily wanted Daniel to violate house arrest and go back to Rikkers Island? She deliberately set him up to get drunk and storm over to her house once he saw her leaving? I didn't see any evidence of that. She certainly didn't seem to expect to find him at her house when she got home, since she obviously hadn't hidden the hoodie well enough in her purse when the police stormed in.

He does remember the picture Tyler gave him

Refresh me - what picture did Tyler show to Daniel? Was it the one with all the faces X'd out?

Nycgal48

Nycgal48

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

I actually think that if the show continues they can still bring David back. Now that it was stated that he was knifed in prison they may have put him in protective custody and perhaps David convinced the authorities it's part of a bigger plan. I certainly can see this happening a couple of seasons out.

As for the rest of the episode everything was packaged in a big red bow. So now where do we go from here?

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

As for the rest of the episode everything was packaged in a big red bow. So now where do we go from here?

The murder trial was tied up in a nice bow, but that was never the story anyway, since we already knew who shot Tyler. There really was no logical or easy way out for Emily, a way for her to save both Jack and Daniel, so I'm fine with the ending. One of the reasons why I'm fine is because they upped the ante. It's one thing for the Grayson's to make deals that inadvertently lead to the deaths of other people, and the framing of David Clark, but it's a lot more serious when we learn that they, or at least Conrad, is okay with ordering that people be killed. He just became a monster, and Emily's need for revenge is more intense.

It was smart of the writer to take the focus off of the trial, and not only putting it back where it belonged, but raising the stakes at the same time.

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

He does remember the picture Tyler gave him

Refresh me - what picture did Tyler show to Daniel? Was it the one with all the faces X'd out?

Yes. When Emily's driving him back home from the police station on the night of the murder she asks him what really happened, and there's a flash to a blurry remembrance of the picture. Then he says that he doesn't remember.

possibilities

possibilities

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

We found out that he and Victoria were con-artists who sold fake paintings to the rich, and that's how she met Conrad. That'll do for me, for now anyway.

I thought that reveal made the painter interlude worth it, too. It also shows that even if she is concerned with saving Daniel, her neglect of Charlotte is not just due to her being distracted by the trial. She has tome for a fling, bit not time to attend to her daughter's drug problem.

What if Treadwell, as part of his redemption, tells Charlotte that her father was framed? Treadwell could use his blog to post any "anonymous" audio recordings that Emanda sends to him. Perhaps, his ultimate redemption could be to write his biggest seller ever exposing the Graysons and give the profits to Charlotte.

Treadwell is a dead guy if he starts anything like that. he could give money to Charlotte, but only in his will, like if he publishes something and wills the royalties to her before it's released. Because I'm surprised Victoria hasn't had him murdered yet, given that he's no longer useful to her and he knows her secrets.

I don’t really understand how... the police immediately connected the bloody hoodie to Tyler,

His blood was all over it. They could send it to the lab to see if it had the blood of a missing child, and then match it to Tyler's. Or, they could have just arrested the guy on the suspicion drummed up by the 911 call from Emanda, with "possession of a bloody hoodie" as an additional cause for suspicion. Then, while they held him long enough to test the hoodie, he "committed suicide and confessed" so they might never have even had to connect the hoodie and they could still consider the guy guilty.

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 1:18 AM

The Prosecuters for the Tyler murder case must think that Victoria's thug was the stupidest murderer in the history of criminals. Apparently he attacked Jack in a violent burglary and then weeks later murdered Tyler when he was having a fight with Daniel on the beach. Then 6 weeks after committing these crimes, not only has he failed to wash his hoodie which has visible blood-stains on it and thus looks very suspicious (not to mention obviously has DNA on it connecting him to these crimes) but he leaves it in his car in plain sight for anyone looking in his car-window! He then managed to hang himself while in jail after writing a suicide note admitting to the murder. He was only conveniently caught because an anonymous tip flagged him as a kidnapper. Hmmm, not a setup at all! Haha.

I think it is fair to say that no murder case in the history of the world has ever been 'solved' in such a manner. What are the Prosecution lawyers going to think? He has this hoodie on his front seat with blood showing and it has been there for 6 weeks without him thinking it might be worth destroying or washing or at least hiding from open sight? It sound more implausible the more I think about it!

Edited by revelation, Apr 28, 2012 @ 1:28 AM.

Crim

Crim

Fanatic

• Interests:TV series (both live action and anime), movies (ditto), gaming, music, clinical psychology, religion.

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:50 AM

What are the Prosecution lawyers going to think?

Yes, the whole thing was beyond suspicious, so good thing that the guy confessed in his suicide note. The police had to arrest him, unbelievable context or not. Even if someone thinks the whole thing is a cover-up, who would launch an investigation based on that? Neat wrap-up all around.

As to Emanda ignoring Daniel's call when she should have been aware he could see her, I first thought it was a weak scene as well. Then I thought about what alternatives Emanda had. She was already out of the house, dressed to go, plus she had a certain time frame to act so she couldn't pretend she was about to surprise visit Daniel. If Daniel didn't see her, there was no harm in ignoring the call. If Daniel saw her and she took the call, she had to lie about where she was going when she was too busy to visit him.

dorakpasa

dorakpasa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 3:31 PM

What goes around comes around. Tyler takes the blame for killing Frank and mini-Frank takes the blame for killing Tyler.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

You mean you think Emily wanted Daniel to violate house arrest and go back to Rikkers Island? She deliberately set him up to get drunk and storm over to her house once he saw her leaving? I didn't see any evidence of that. She certainly didn't seem to expect to find him at her house when she got home, since she obviously hadn't hidden the hoodie well enough in her purse when the police stormed in.

She wants him to continue to be an emotional wreck, and dependent on her.

Penny Robinson

Penny Robinson

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Whale cam = best performance by an inanimate object.

spiderweb55

spiderweb55

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:51 AM

Reagrding the purposelessness of the Dominick plotline: I wondered if he's Daniel's biological father.

Strangely, my very first thought upon wondering if Artist Dude is connected to anyone on the current canvas was "Wonder if he's Amily's dad?" Has Amily brought up her family at all? It would be nice for Dominick to serve a purpose other than "Look! Vicky's getting some!" and "Art forgerzzzzzzzzzz..."

Show, you can have Daniel inexplicably shoving Emanda all you want, but I'm still not shipping Emanda/Jack. Sorry.

Wonder how Takeda's gonna take this latest twist in Emanda's revenge saga?

Whale cam = best performance by an inanimate object.

Amen. Sorry, bloody hoodie.

LeGrandElephant

LeGrandElephant

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

Great episode! Small complaint - I find it implausible that Emanda, who is so on top of things in general, would dodge Daniel's calls while standing on her own porch knowing he can see her from his porch where he's stuck with nothing to do. Girl needs a tunnel in and out of that place so they don't see her coming and going at all hours.

This doesn't matter but since Declan said he didn't see nobody but lee confessed or whatever won't Declan get in trouble for lying?

From the point of view of the court, isn't it possible that Lee did it but Declan just didn't see him? Why bother going after Declan?

Big question in my mind is the letter Daniel was composing - "actually it is I who have betrayed you," I wonder what this betrayal is/was? I have a feeling it will have more behind it than was noticed.

I just thought he meant that he doubted her, believed she was cheating on him, yelled at her, and shoved her. But yeah, I guess they could make it be more than that if they want.

Why is Declan still going to the fancy private school? I thought the only reason he was allowed there is that the Greysons were paying for it. Or did they get him some sort of nonrevocable scholarship instead?

mac123x

mac123x

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Why is Declan still going to the fancy private school? I thought the only reason he was allowed there is that the Greysons were paying for it. Or did they get him some sort of nonrevocable scholarship instead?

They might have just paid for the semester (or even year) before he started contradicting Charlotte's testimony. It shows some decent characterization for him that he's still going, despite the fact that the only reason he wanted to go in the first place was to be with her. Maybe he's not as dim as people think he is. (I never believed Grampa Grayson when he said Declan flunked the entrance exam).

marysue22

marysue22

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

I did. The curriculum is probably much harder than anything he's used to from his other school and school never seemed to be much of a priority for him.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

And Declan is getting tutoring from Nolan, who is probably a real hardass. And this is his senior year, right? If he works hard enough, he can probably get into a decent college. Nolan can pay his tuition. Heck, even if the Graysons demanded a refund from the school, Nolan would cough up the money (or Amanda, but secretly of course).

LeGrandElephant

LeGrandElephant

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Halfway through senior year is too late to be applying for colleges for the next year, but he could take a gap year and then apply. They showed him falling asleep while trying to read the Clif Notes for Paradise Lost, and they said he's taking Precalc in senior year, so its not like he's an amazing student. But maybe he can still get something out of this whole experience. Its impressive if he can focus on schoolwork while being in a new school environment and having all these outside worries going on about his brother and charlotte and stuff.