1-18: "Justice" 2012.04.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

124 replies to this topic

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:51 PM

I still do not get the point of Artist Guy. At. All.

We found out that he and Victoria were con-artists who sold fake paintings to the rich, and that's how she met Conrad. That'll do for me, for now anyway.

MisaGoddess

MisaGoddess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:38 AM

It's good to get some backstory on how she met Conrad but couldn't we have been spared those painful love scenes? Ew.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

Charlotte was reading Mason Treadwell's book, I wonder when Charlotte will find out David was framed and inevitably that Conrad had her real father murdered. I don't know that her story is going to end well...

What if Treadwell, as part of his redemption, tells Charlotte that her father was framed? Treadwell could use his blog to post any "anonymous" audio recordings that Emanda sends to him. Perhaps, his ultimate redemption could be to write his biggest seller ever exposing the Graysons and give the profits to Charlotte.

vienna87

vienna87

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:04 AM

I don't quite get Nolan's explanation to Jack for how the Greyson's or Lee found out about the hoodie. If Lee had killed Tyler or seen Jack that night there's no reason for him to think Jack would have kept the hoodie or for him to want the hoodie in the first place. There is no realistic explanation for how the Greyson's would have found out about it or why the supposed real killer would want it.

Somebody

Somebody

Fanatic

• Interests:Stuff lol

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:30 AM

I loved the episode.

This doesn't matter but since Declan said he didn't see nobody but lee confessed or whatever won't Declan get in trouble for lying? I know it doesn't really matter but it's the only hing that kind of bugged me from this episode. The rest was amazing.

Jlinaa

Jlinaa

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:34 AM

This episode seemed really dark. Not as soapy, more like a 48 Hours Murder by the Rich and Famous special. I didn't like it as well. Although Conrad is absolutely amazing - he can say in the most incredulous voice, what on God's earth have you done?!!! and then do much worse...my only lol moment. He absolutely chewed up all the scenes he was in.

Big question in my mind is the letter Daniel was composing - "actually it is I who have betrayed you," I wonder what this betrayal is/was? I have a feeling it will have more behind it than was noticed.

Nolan cut his hair! Not as cute as he was last week, and the red sweater did him no favors. Dang.

I started out thinking Jack and Daniel were about equally cute but lately, Jack just looks more and more scruffy and low class - mirroring his character's loss of direction?

Charlotte's mother is pathetic. Victoria is losing a lot of her ground as a sympathetic character.

vienna87

vienna87

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:51 AM

I loved the episode.

This doesn't matter but since Declan said he didn't see nobody but lee confessed or whatever won't Declan get in trouble for lying? I know it doesn't really matter but it's the only hing that kind of bugged me from this episode. The rest was amazing.

I don't think it would get Declan in trouble because technically since the guy is believed to have hung himself and left a note confessing to the murder there is no way to get the exact details of what happened that night and therefore they have no way of knowing whether it was possible for Declan to not have seen him.

It's still possible for Charlotte to have seen him but not Declan.

Edited by vienna87, Apr 26, 2012 @ 1:54 AM.

blissfullylost

blissfullylost

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:10 AM

Poor Charlotte. Her mother suggests that she prostitute herself then blames her for not performing her task sufficiently well. It was chilling to me when Charlotte showed that she could follow through on her mother's suggestion on how to deal with men later that evening. I think she's the main collateral damage and I wonder if something truly tragic is going to happen to her to underscore that.

Daniel is spoiled and should have already more than learned his lesson about his drinking=bad decision making and yet somehow I still oddly pull for him. I think a kid would have a hard time growing up to be a decent and compassionate person in the Grayson household and he doesn't seem so bad considering. If he ever puts his hands on Emanda again though, I'm through and I hope she unleashes an epic, ninja beatdown on him.

How far will Emanda go for vengeance now that she knows the Graysons are directly responsible for her father's murder? I can't even fathom but I'm sure it will be glorious.

boonoonoo

boonoonoo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:11 AM

Victoria... I can't even. Your son is in the middle of a MURDER trial. Your daughter is abusing alcohol and prescription drugs. And yet she's off running around with some scruffy artist dude because well, why the eff not?
Way to have your priorities in order. Two thumbs up.

And then whoring your daughter out. Another two thumbs up.

And then Conrad... I felt so bad for him because of the Charlotte paternity thing and then he goes and does this and I'm reminded that yep, he's an evil, nefarious fucker too.

And holy hell, Jack has got to be the biggest dumbass in the world.

Edited by boonoonoo, Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:13 AM.

Monica21

Monica21

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

Even if a case is dismissed I'm pretty sure Declan could be brought up on perjury charges. The only problem is proving them.

Anyway, great episode. I didn't see Emily planting the hoodie until it happened and it was genius. And I'm glad that it means the trial is over and won't be dragged into a long courtroom drama, no matter how much I love Courtney B. Vance.

I still have no idea what Bad Artist Guy's purpose is in the story but I don't think he's just around for two episodes. And to whoever upthread said they were hoping for some Victoria/Frank action, I'm right there with you.

mimicall

mimicall

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:17 AM

I don't quite get Nolan's explanation to Jack for how the Greyson's or Lee found out about the hoodie. If Lee had killed Tyler or seen Jack that night there's no reason for him to think Jack would have kept the hoodie or for him to want the hoodie in the first place. There is no realistic explanation for how the Greyson's would have found out about it or why the supposed real killer would want it.

I thought that Declan did not look convinced AT ALL as Nolan was trying to explain what had happened to the hoodie and subsequently the hoodlum to Jack, and why he should let things be.

Edited by mimicall, Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:18 AM.

vienna87

vienna87

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 4:40 AM

I thought that Declan did not look convinced AT ALL as Nolan was trying to explain what had happened to the hoodie and subsequently the hoodlum to Jack, and why he should let things be.

I know he didn't have much time to think of an answer but it would probably have made more sense if Nolan told them that their place might have been bugged by someone working for the Greyson's to find out the whereabouts of Amanda and that's how they found out about the hoodie.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:15 AM

I know he didn't have much time to think of an answer but it would probably have made more sense if Nolan told them that their place might have been bugged by someone working for the Greyson's to find out the whereabouts of Amanda and that's how they found out about the hoodie.

But that still wouldn't explain to Jack and Declan why the bad guy would remove a bloody hoodie that incriminated Jack NOT Daniel. If anything, the Graysons or the henchman under those circumstances, would have had the police go over to Jack's place to try and exonerate Daniel.

The only way I can see Nolan potentially and successfully floating the theory that the henchman wanted to remove the hoodie from Jack's possession would be for the purpose of preventing Jack from disposing of it. Nolan could have told Jack that maybe the Graysons bugged their place and they (the Graysons) were fearful that Jack might dispose of it and sent their goon to retrieve it, so they could try and get Daniel free; but the goon was stopped by the police and found to have the hoodie in his possession. Therefore, the cops would think the goon did it; the Graysons being ruthless would let the henchman take the fall; Daniel would be released; and the Graysons would get on with their lives. Nolan would emphasize that the cops wouldn't be looking in Jack's direction and implore Jack not to do anything stupid to risk his potential freedom.

Edited by Bella, Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:19 AM.

Pleasesendpants

Pleasesendpants

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 5:53 AM

Nothing's worse than the sad, low cello of alcoholism. Daniel, can't you hear the underscore? Don't you know what's coming?

RememberMyName

RememberMyName

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:41 AM

That episode was really intense, but they really could have extended out that whole episode over 2-3 episodes to create a lot more drama.

Also, Henry Czerny was absolutely fantastic. Nailed every scene tonight.

franopy

franopy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:01 AM

Ok, I take back my complaints of last week, that was awesome!

I like that they decided to wrap up the trial rather quickly and to save us all some prolonged Will-Jack-Porter-be-framed-angst and I loved how with one small move, really all bets are off for Emanda now. It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that she wouldn't have suspected the Graysons behind her father's killing in prison - they got what they wanted, he WAS the most hated man in the U.S., why risk exposing themselves again by becoming involved in a murder plot?

And Conrad and Victoria really are the perfect example of two people bringing out the exact worst in each other. They may have been flawed individuals (charming con artist/social climber meets ruthless business man) initially, but over the years turned into real monsters. Those two deserve each other and everything that's coming.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:03 AM

The ending of last night's episode, including Emily's plan to clear Daniel of the murder charges, redeemed the show from when they decided to cop out and not kill Daniel, the thrown together nature of pretty episode since the murder, the hole filled reasoning behind Takeda's role in the murder, but especially his desire to frame Daniel. It reestablished that Conrad is just evil. His character had been watered down a little bit, and I'd almost forgot that he's just as guilty, if not more, than Victoria. The ending between Victoria and Conrad also humanized Victoria, and made her look more three dimensional. Overall, the ending put the show back on track. It may have been a mistake too kill or not kill Daniel, but last night's show put the focus back on Emily's revenge plot, which is where it should be.

tain

tain

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

I really liked the episode. The misdirection with Lee and Daniel had me fooled and Victoria was up to wicked tricks that Emily worked to her advantage, great stuff.

Nothing's worse than the sad, low cello of alcoholism. Daniel, can't you hear the underscore? Don't you know what's coming?

I do wonder about Daniel choosing the worst possible time to start hitting the bottle, as much as Emily seems to care for him he seems to me to come across as weak.

franopy

franopy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:18 AM

Daniel choosing the worst possible time to start hitting the bottle, as much as Emily seems to care for him he seems to me to come across as weak.

I think that his entire world has been breaking down around him this summer. Guy he saw as his best friend? Turns out to be a violent psycho stalker off his meds. His younger sister? Make that half sister because Mother dearest bedded a terrorist instead of her husband. That lovely woman he meets and falls in love with? Something's off about her, making him suspicious and at the same time feeling like a horrible person because at the end of the day he never gets anything solid to base those suspicions on. Then there's the Porter guy who seems to be close with his fiancée, is accusing his family of framing David Clarke and destroying Amanda Clarke's life, all kinds of weird things start happening all over the summer and so on. Nothing adds up, everything seems to make sense for a second until it doesn't, I can't really blame him for losing his grip for now. Also, it doesn't mean that he can't snap out of it and say "Screw it, I'm getting to the bottom of this now!" - which is what he should do because life has become WEIRD for Daniel Grayson.

quarks

quarks

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:28 AM

The supposed real killer would want it because of the possibility that his DNA got on Tyler and then onto the hoodie, so all of the evidence needs to be destroyed. The Greysons are already legitimately suspicious that Jack was on the beach (yes, Charlotte was on drugs, but she's sticking to her original story and from the Graysons' point of view, the only reason for Declan to change his story is to protect his brother. And in fact they are right.) So it's entirely possible, if extremely far-fetched, that the Greysons have been spying on them to find any sort of physical evidence, sent the goon that they'd used to kill Tyler to recover the hoodie and then pin the murder on Jack, not the goon, to distance themselves as much as possible from the event. After all, their son is accused of the murder (and did commit one of the shots) and Conrad and Victoria have excellent motives for wanting Tyler dead.

Far fetched? Yes, but the Porters are living on this show and dealing with something far fetched every week.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

• Interests:T.V., Movies, Books, Gaming, and animals.

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:44 AM

Man, this show. I stay up past my bedtime just to watch it. So much love.

Emanda is just so far ahead of everyone in terms of evil-ness that it's amazing. But that evil-ness is encouraged only because it's being directed at even more evil people.

I do have to wonder how much longer it's going to take for someone in the Grayson household to find out that their house has been bugged. I feel like they have to know by now that there is someone "inside" the house, but no one seems to suspect.

Do we think Daniel is going to move back in with Emanda? I can't wait to see how that plays out. For a while I thought she was just going to let him rot in prison, but now I'm not so sure. I really can't get a read on her emotions. It's obvious to me that she feels something for Jack, but what does she really feel for Daniel?

Do we have 4 episodes left?

exzim

exzim

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:07 AM

Why did the cops go to arrest Thuggo anyway. missed that. And if it was for jury tampering wouldn't he have been kept in a local cell for questioning instead of being shipped off to Riker's.

But a great episode. Neat resolution to the trial, but we still do not know who shot Tyler in the back.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:08 AM

What an intense episode.

So Conrad had David killed in prison. Everyone who saw that coming, please raise your hand *raises hand*

Victoria is a sociopath.

I'm glad Emanda took down that goon the way she did. Bravo. For a horrible second, I thought it was Daniel that "killed himself" in prison.

Daniel is spoiled and should have already more than learned his lesson about his drinking=bad decision making and yet somehow I still oddly pull for him. I think a kid would have a hard time growing up to be a decent and compassionate person in the Grayson household and he doesn't seem so bad considering. If he ever puts his hands on Emanda again though, I'm through and I hope she unleashes an epic, ninja beatdown on him.

To be fair, Daniel is being manipulated by so many people (his parents, Emanda, Tyler) that I can't help understanding why he's starting to go off the deep end. He and Charlotte are such hot messes right now. What they need is therapy and to get the hell away from their parents as soon as possible.

I actually think Emanda should come clean to them, at least. They're the ones that deserve the truth the most. And even though they'd probably be mad at her, Emanda has evidence about the prison beatdown...maybe she could get them on her side.

Glory

Glory

Fanatic

• Interests:T.V., Movies, Books, Gaming, and animals.

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:16 AM

Why did the cops go to arrest Thuggo anyway. missed that. And if it was for jury tampering wouldn't he have been kept in a local cell for questioning instead of being shipped off to Riker's.

Someone (probably Emanda) called in an Amber Alert (missing child) and gave thuggo's license plate number.

Bella

Bella

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:32 AM

But a great episode. Neat resolution to the trial, but we still do not know who shot Tyler in the back.

Takeda shot Tyler in the back.

Sakura12

Sakura12

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

Conrad better watch out, all of Emanda's vengeance was focused on Victoria but now that she knows he had her father killed she'll be going after him even more now.

If Victoria's a former con artist why didn't she pick up on Tyler being one as well? She should be better at this game. I guess living amongst the 1% has made her weaker in that department.

Poor Charlotte, no one in her family really cares about her. They are too busy trying to destroy one another saving her brother.

I think Emanda cares about Daniel enough to not have him be framed for a murder he didn't commit. She doesn't want to be like the Greyson's that way. She want's only the guilty to pay.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:54 AM

Big question in my mind is the letter Daniel was composing - "actually it is I who have betrayed you," I wonder what this betrayal is/was? I have a feeling it will have more behind it than was noticed.

Daniel said that he betrayed Emily by doubting her. Poor sweet and stupid Daniel. When he finds out the truth it will break his heart.

franopy

franopy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Poor sweet and stupid Daniel. When he finds out the truth it will break his heart.

That's the one thing I don't get - both of his parents are smart and conniving, if despicably evil, people. Charlotte is losing her way right now, but she has been portrayed as smart as well. Only Daniel does not only seem naive, which would be understandable given his privileged and sheltered existence so far, but outright dumb at times. It's probably nothing and I really don't want another surprise Daddy to come out of nowhere, but it bugs me.

darkestboy

darkestboy

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:13 AM

This was definitely a stronger episode than the previous one. Definitely a lot going in it's favour to be honest.

Victoria and Conrad really are horrible parents when it comes to how they deal with Daniel and Charlotte's problems that it's easy to see why the both of them are in such a mess at the moment.

I feel bad for Charlotte because no-one is actually helping. Even both Declan and that Adam fella have let her down and the drug taking seems to be getting worse and worse as well.

Daniel blowing up on Emily felt understandable but still shocking enough though. However whatever doubt he has about Emily seems to have dissipated again.

Jack was mostly just reacting and fretting in this episode that he felt like the weakest part to an extent.

Nice that Lee was caught with the hoodie but even I didn't expect Conrad to actually have him killed in prison.

However, I'm shocked that the Graysons had something to actually do with David's death though I can sort of see why even that would've shocked Emily though.

Dominik really didn't seem to have a purpose after all.

More nice moments from Nolan and Ashley but both need to be utilised a little more in the next four episodes, 9/10.

name234

name234

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:20 AM

What if Treadwell, as part of his redemption, tells Charlotte that her father was framed? Treadwell could use his blog to post any "anonymous" audio recordings that Emanda sends to him. Perhaps, his ultimate redemption could be to write his biggest seller ever exposing the Graysons and give the profits to Charlotte.

Bella, Sorry I lost my original post to a server error and didn't restore everything before I posted. I think we agree, Charlotte will likely find out as Treadwell tries to enact the redemption arch he more or less threatened/promised Victoria. My concern is that no amount of money is going to keep Charlotte from going off the rails when she discovers the only Father she has ever known (Conrad) had the biological father she never met killed as the final step of framing him for his role in a massive crime he never committed. Her mother is deeply manipulative and useless to her as functional parent. The mission Victoria sent her daughter really more or less proved Victoria wouldn't know how to instill functional behavior in her daughter if her daughter's life depended on it, given where she is going with her addiction it does.

A large amount of money will enable Charlotte to be incredibly self-destructive and not have to deal with consequences until its way too late. That is unless Declan figures everything out and has Adam arrested for dealing and tough love corners Charlotte into rehab, I figure Declan will understand what has happened before Victoria is willing to admit it to herself, let alone admit that Charlotte needs rehab.