Keegan Connor Tracy as Blue Fairy: She's on the "Right" Side

• Please log in to reply

94 replies to this topic

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

I hope the Blue Fairy put some contingency plan into place, so she can eventually give Emma some ammunition to fight with once the battle truly begins.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 9:17 AM

Another thought. Maybe the preperations she was talking about was creating the book.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

Since the Blue Fairy decided she would, in fact, lie in order to achieve her goals, why didn't she simply lie to Gepetto and assure him that Pinocchio would survive the curse? Why did she choose the less useful lie of telling Snow White that only one could go through the tree? Better yet, why didn't she just come clean to Snow and Charming about Gepetto's fears and the real possibility that Pinocchio could die. It is not beyond imagining that these two impossibly heroic characters could have chosen for Pinocchio to accompany Snow through the wardrobe.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:28 PM

It is not beyond imagining that these two impossibly heroic characters could have chosen for Pinocchio to accompany Snow through the wardrobe.

They are indeed selfless, but I don't think they could have parted with Emma, if they had known there to be a second spot available... to leave a defenceless newborn and to never see her again. The Blue Fairy putting this on Snow and Charming would have caused them even more stress and anguish, not to mention possible guilt.

What the Blue Fairy said to Snow and Charming was lying by omission. If the Blue Fairy had lied to Gepetto about Pinocchio being a-ok, that would have been a deceitful lie. She need Gepetto to build the wardrobe and tricking him into thinking Pinocchio would have been fine is much more morally reprehensible.

If the Blue Fairy was truly evil as some believe, she would have gotten rid of Gepetto after the wardrobe had been built, and then tell Snow and Charming that now there's room for two. If she was even more evil and selfish, she could have gotten rid of Gepetto and then take that second spot herself.

Edited by Camera One, May 3, 2012 @ 7:28 PM.

metaphysicist

metaphysicist

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

They are indeed selfless, but I don't think they could have parted with Emma, if they had known there to be a second spot available... to leave a defenceless newborn and to never see her again. The Blue Fairy putting this on Snow and Charming would have caused them even more stress and anguish, not to mention possible guilt

Probably not as it turned out. But when all thought a pregnant Snow would go, they may have agreed to take Pinocchio. Then when push came to shove, who knows? The only difference might just be less anger, etc. when it all comes out.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

I don't think saying that the wardrobe could only transport one when it could transport two, even if the other spot is spoken for, is a lie of omission. It is a flat-out lie. And I don't see the link between her wanting to boost the savior's chances and being evil. It wouldn't be nice but than neither was Gepetto.

Edited by Princess Aldrea, May 3, 2012 @ 7:39 PM.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 7:25 PM

I'd like to enter into evidence "An Apple Red as Blood" - the seven dwarfs definitely do not appear to slaves to the Blue Fairy in this ep. And they haven't met Charming yet, and Snow is a fugitive (albeit, a royal one).

Edited by Tzigone, May 7, 2012 @ 7:25 PM.

Corydora

Corydora

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:32 PM

It would have been better if Charming could have gone with the baby, assuming Snow was too weak to go. For the fairy to agree to send a newborn alone to an unknown world is like us putting a newborn on a rocket to Mars. To send a little boy alone was as bad. It was wrong. Although the writers may decide later that a fairy was in the tree to protect her or something.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

Gepetto wouldn't have made the wardrobe if Pinocchio didn't get a "seat" though. If the Blue Fairy had stunned Gepetto and Pinocchio and locked them up, and then called Snow White or Charming, to enter with Emma, I think she would have been strongly criticized for that too.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

Well, I think the finale indicates that The Blue Fairy did not retain her memory. At least, it does to me.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

I didn't see amything to indicate one way or the other. I do wonder why she told Regina to run though.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 13, 2012 @ 9:31 PM

I didn't see amything to indicate one way or the other. I do wonder why she told Regina to run though

I thought that she acted just like everyone else before the memory return, and was different after indicated. Suppose she could be acting.

Easy to know why she told Regina to hide. Same reason Gold told her to run. Remember Regina's nightmare? She said this before magic returned, so Regina is defenseless against a whole world of people that she cursed. People that might want justice. Blue Fairy taunts a bit there, with her reminder, but I don't mind that.

Edited by Tzigone, May 13, 2012 @ 9:35 PM.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:11 AM

I was just wondering why she didn't grab Regina right away. Most of the townsfolk seemed disoriented but she didn't which may indicate that she had her memories all along.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

I was just wondering why she didn't grab Regina right away. Most of the townsfolk seemed disoriented but she didn't which may indicate that she had her memories all along.

Yeah, but if she'd had her memories all along, wouldn't she have suggested Emma kiss Henry goodbye?

I wonder if she adapted better because she was magical, or even just because she's so very old and experienced.

I'm not saying I'm positive she didn't have her memories. But if she did have her memories, she was a very passive character. As far as we know, she didn't do anything to move Emma along in breaking the curse (or prevent her from breaking it). Didn't so much as go meet Emma as a reconnaissance-move. Nothing, zip, zilch, nada. She took no actions that we know of in regards to the curse. And her only action with Rumpel was reporting a conversation - something August could have easily set up.

Edited by Tzigone, May 17, 2012 @ 8:31 PM.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

I hope we found out she wrote the book, right before the curse came into effect, and that was why she was so busy.

Hopefully, next season, she will be able to inform Emma about what the purple haze might be. It was a good thing they didn't make her an all-knowing being, or else she would need to be killed off, since she would have too many of the "answers".

I agree that based on her passive behaviour, it's unlikely that she remembered her true self.

Edited by Camera One, May 17, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

I hope we found out she wrote the book, right before the curse came into effect, and that was why she was so busy.

I think she probably did make the book (via magic). But, if she didn't, then I want know what the fairies were up to.

Hopefully, next season, she will be able to inform Emma about what the purple haze might be.

I agree that I hope she has an idea about the purple haze. Or if she doesn't, she and the other fairies can maybe be a good asset in learning about it. Hopefully, she will tell Charming, Emma, Snow, etc. that Rumpelstiltskin created the Dark Curse (and they can realize he planned all this from the get-go). It could be very, very relevant data now.

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

I think her passive behavior may be because she was bound by some set of rules. This was very evident in her role as the Blue Fairy and by her being cast by the curse as the head of an order of nuns. It's also possible that she figured some way to be more but not entirely aware. How else do you explain that August saying that "a little fairy" told him about the dagger?

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 6:20 AM

I think her passive behavior may be because she was bound by some set of rules.

Okay, but then what is the advantage of her remembering if she can't do anything about it?

How else do you explain that August saying that "a little fairy" told him about the dagger?

As a lie. He wasn't exactly being honest about anything else. And, I, personally, think he got his info from the book, which he had in possession for a brief while rather than from Blue or Bae or any other source. Not certain on that point, mind you.

ETA: I also wondered if "a little fairy told me" isn't the equivalent of "a little bird told me" - a nonanswer.

I'm not saying she definitely didn't remember. We didn't see enough of her for me to really know. I'm saying I don't find the evidence that she did remember to be compelling. And also that, from a storytelling perspective, it doesn't really make sense to me. She remembers all along, but does absolutely nothing, so her knowledge makes no difference. And it's not even revealed to the audience until after everyone knows, so her remembering can never make a difference now, because that part (the false identities) is done and over with.

Unless, of course, they do more flashbacks to during the curse and use it then. Even then, it's iffy to me. I'd hope they wouldn't be flashing back to this season and telling us things didn't happen the way we thought they did. I really hate that.

Edited by Tzigone, May 18, 2012 @ 6:36 AM.

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

It will be interesting to find out who made the book. I don't think it was Augustocchio.. but he does have a lot of knowledge about the book and items from the book/the Enchanted lands so someone else has to be involved. Was it the fairies? How would August know about the book.. the type of paper, have the specific type of typewriter to match the print? How would he know enough about Rumpelstiltskin's knife to make such an exact drawing of it? How did he know about the well water? A 7 year old boy wouldn't remember that much about the Enchanted lands and he didn't have a book with him when he arrived here. So, it's a puzzle and I am sure they have an answer for it. I originally thought that Rumple made it (in part because he doesn't seem to be in the book) but with the drawing of the blade, I don't think so. I have also thought it was just another 'failsafe' of the curse and that it appeared magically, but that wouldn't answer the questions about how August knew about it and how to recreate pages for it. I can't wait to find out who made it.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:54 PM

Answering in all eps thread, MorninStar.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

I think her passive behavior may be because she was bound by some set of rules.

Interesting discussion! I don't think she's bound, I think she manipulative and just very selective about how and when she helps (or hinders). I don't trust her as far as I could throw her tiny little sparkly body! I'm totally on board the idea that either she, or the Fairies in general are responsible for the Book, but I am dying to see exactly how that came about.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:07 PM

I think she manipulative and just very selective about how and when she helps (or hinders).

Since when is she selective? Every time we've seen her asked, she's helped. She helped Bae, she helped Ella (or tried to), she helped Jiminy, she helped invade the castle, she helped against the curse by finding the tree, and she helped by turning Pinocchio human. The only time she said no was when she said she did not have the means to help Rumpel after the last magic bean was gone.

Edited by Tzigone, May 18, 2012 @ 5:10 PM.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

I'm not entirely convinced of her stated motives in the situation with Bae, until I see exactly where he did go and what happened to him. And the events in Dreamy pretty much made me suspect all her motives. I agree there's not a lot of specifics yet, and I do think her main goal is to 'help' Snow and Charming, but similar to Regina sacrificing anyone and everyone to further her revenge fantasies, I think the Blue Fairy would slash and burn just about anyone else to help Snow and Charming.

Edited by WynterWolf, May 18, 2012 @ 5:25 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

but similar to Regina sacrificing anyone and everyone to further her revenge fantasies, I think the Blue Fairy would slash and burn just about anyone else to help Snow and Charming.

Let's not forget she was complicit in helping Gepetto totally eff up Snow and Charming's plan to help Emma and Snow escape the curse.

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

Let's not forget she was complicit in helping Gepetto totally eff up Snow and Charming's plan to help Emma and Snow escape the curse.

Sorry, but if she hadn't agreed with Geppetto, the wardrobe would not have been built, Emma would not have been sent away, and the entire world would still be cursed. Geppetto had them over a barrel. I have absolutely no idea why Geppetto was the only one who could do the job, but the episode definitely played out that way.

And the events in Dreamy pretty much made me suspect all her motives.

Hmm, I perceived both she and Bossy as the "parents" trying to stop "those crazy kids" from doing something stupid. You know, like in the teen comedies where they don't want the kids to run off and get married after graduation. But really, the teens will be happy. They (Blue and Bossy) are wrong, but are both acting out of concern and a misguided belief that they know what's best. Remember, Blue did not order Dreamy to do anything. He was free to leave. So was Nova. But she told him the cost of leaving. She didn't lie to him, either, as far as we know.

Edited by Tzigone, May 18, 2012 @ 6:39 PM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

Sorry, but if she hadn't agreed with Geppetto, the wardrobe would not have been built, Emma would not have been sent away, and the entire world would still be cursed. Geppetto had them over a barrel. I have absolutely no idea why Geppetto was the only one who could do the job, but the episode definitely played out that way.

She couldn't have made Gepetto comply? She couldn't have magicked him, or Pinocchio, or both? Or just lie and said that Pinocchio would be fine?

Obviously Gepetto was far more at fault there, I have no argument on that front. But really, she's supposed to be some all-powerful fairy and all she did was throw up her arms and say "gee whiz." I have to think there's something else she could've done. She didn't even really try to talk him out of it!

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 6:45 PM

She couldn't have made Gepetto comply? She couldn't have magicked him, or Pinocchio, or both? Or just lie and said that Pinocchio would be fine?

The Blue Fairy is supposed to be a benevolent force. Her whole role in the Pinocchio story is to guide him to do the right thing, which he ultimately must choose to do on his own. So I think it would have been against her character to tie Gepetto up until he built the cabinet, or to blatantly trick him and abuse his trust. Of course, sometimes it is necessary to do something immoral like that for the greater good, and it was also wrong of her to let Gepetto make that condition, depriving Emma the company of her parents, but that's what makes the issue complex. Neither way would have been ideal, and the Blue Fairy went with the choice that fit best with her philosophy, trusting that people would do the right thing.

Edited by Camera One, May 19, 2012 @ 6:47 PM.

GaryMF

GaryMF

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:04 AM

Several people mentioned that:

1) Blue Fairy is more powerful than Rumpel. When/where was this said? (Someone said it was in an episode?)

2) The Blue Fairy is the source of all power in FTL or that the Dark One power originated from her. What is the bassis for that hypothesis?

Tzigone

Tzigone

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

1) Blue Fairy is more powerful than Rumpel. When/where was this said? (Someone said it was in an episode?)

It hasn't been, really. Right after Bae left, and Rumpel found out a curse would get him to that world, the Blue Fairy said it was beyond his abilities to create such a thing. He said time was on his side and spend centuries amassing power/knowledge.

The closest I can think of to Blue being more powerful than Rumpel at that time is this:

Morraine: I heard about it when I was in the trenches. The other soldiers talked about it. Reul Ghorm is an ancient being that rules the night. The original power.

Baelfire: Bigger than Papa, or worse than Papa?

Morraine: Bigger than anything.

I don't put a lot of stock in that, since Morraine wouldn't really know.

2) The Blue Fairy is the source of all power in FTL or that the Dark One power originated from her. What is the bassis for that hypothesis?

Speculation - I don't think the Dark One power originated from her, but I do wonder about some of the other stuff. Mostly based on the "original power" description above and this bit of dialog, so far as I know. I'm completely unspoiled and don't read interviews, so if people are using those, I don't know about it.

Blue Fairy: In this world, yes. You see, what ails your father is specific to our realm. His powers do not belong here. You must go where you can escape this wretched curse.

From this and the "original power" you might think magic in this realm comes from the Blue Fairy (or that she was just the first magical being, or any number of other things that "original power" could mean), but I think the Dark One power may well come from a third realm. I have seen speculation that fairies came from that realm (at least Blue) and brought the Dark One power with them, but I don't find that to have any real basis.

That said, I don't support the theory that she is more powerful (at least, not anymore) or that the Dark One power originated with her, so someone who does could probably give you a better answer.

Edited by Tzigone, Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:29 AM.

GaryMF

GaryMF

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 11:26 AM

Thank you Tzigone for the reply!

I'm re-watching Season 1 now..... which episode is this quote from?

Morraine: I heard about it when I was in the trenches. The other soldiers talked about it. Reul Ghorm is an ancient being that rules the night. The original power.

Baelfire: Bigger than Papa, or worse than Papa?

Morraine: Bigger than anything.