24-11: "Never Say Die" 2012.04.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

245 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:39 PM

"Never Say Die" - Castaways oil themselves up for a wet and wild immunity challenge. While the lucky winners enjoy a picnic vacation, Tikiano's sore losers strike at the chance to powwow at camp, and feelings of alienation drive leery tribe members to seek out all of their elimination options.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Man, Survivor should just skip from the IC to TC. Nobody was fooled by the art of someone making a move in place of voting Troyzan out. At least he didn't seem too bitter; he knew what he needed to do, but fell short.

Loved seeing Coconut Challenge Chop back on Survivor! Missed that thanks to Redemption Island (and the Russell years, I believe)!

Edited by SeaBreeze341, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:02 PM.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I'll give Troyzan this. He did go down fighting.

But the way he sulked and kept his back turned to the rest of the goings-on in the Immunity Challenges made me happy he still failed. What a sore loser.

Edited by TDWT Kristen, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:03 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Well, so much for Troy's planned immunity run.

The pig was the highlight of the show for me. How does a stray pig just wander into camp? It had to be put there. Seriously.

Poor Kat. I hope she takes Troy's parting words to heart. From the looks of things, she might. Then again, I've quit trying to predict what these crazy ladies will do next. :)

sadiegirl1999

sadiegirl1999

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Man, Survivor should just skip from the IC to TC.

Seriously. At this point, the biggest question is, who is the 3rd wheel?

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

Another completely predictable boot.

Alicia remains as classy as ever. "Christina is so dumb. She has an IQ of like, zero" *eye roll* "So I treat her like one of my special ed students." Sadly, I have no doubt that this is the case. I really hope that every parent of the children unlucky enough to be in contact with her is watching.

Edited by Blue Stingray, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Not Kim's strongest episode, mostly for lamenting her own victory, which always looks bad (see: Amanda). Though she did have a point in that there was one obvious choice among the core five to leave because Sabrina basically treats the game like a game. By the same reasoning, you have to take Alicia because she doesn't. Which of Kat/Chelsea you take is tough to decide though. They're both a little fragile so I guess you end up taking your main partner? Or do you not so that there is plausible deniability on the obvious? That's a tough choice.

And just shows you how great reward challengers are. Stupid Redemption Island. Not that I'm bitter about those two seasons or anything.

Otherwise obvious moves were obvious. Sabrina played well this week until she just straight out told Christina that she was the idol insurance. And then Troy fucked up that opportunity by only thinking of one tribal council. Without Christina there's no way he can win another vote. Dumb dumb dumb. I didn't stick around long enough to see the votes, but I assume the designated two Christina votes + Troy for Christina, the five Troy votes minus Christina for Troy and then Christina's vote we saw?

Also? <3 the girls for writing "Troy." Well done.

Edited by enlightenedbum, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

SteakHead

SteakHead

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Troyzon's did a decent job down the stretch. But he needed to close the deal two weeks ago and show the dumb women like Christina how they can get a guaranteed top 3 spot if they go with him instead of merely saying you are the bottom of your alliance. Sure, but you need to tell them that they wont be bottomfeeders of the new alliance. HIs key mistakes were made weeks ago when Mike and Jay were kicked out. Also his stupidity in letting Colton rule the alliance and ruining the numbers for the men. So Troyzon was really battling against his earlier blunders.

I want to root for Christina badly and despise women like Alicia. BUt at some point, I want to shake Christina and ask her how she can be so stupid all this time. So I can't even root for someone as stupid as her.

I wonder if Alicia will get into trouble with her job after her comments about special ed. She seems like a nasty woman and she is stupid to definitely alienate a vote at final TC.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music, yoga, cuisine

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

What were Troyzan's final words to Kat? My attention was diverted and I missed them. But, did anyone think he intended to sow dissension in the ranks?

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

I respect Kim as a player, and her game has been dominating. But her hubris (which is deserved) has gotten to me.

For a few weeks now I was hoping Sabrina would come out and blindside Kim. I thought that if one person was able to do that, it would be Sabrina. But then she tells Christina they're voting for her. What an idiot. So now I think Sabrina is incapable of unseating Kim.

Christina is just as dumb for not doing anything with that info.

Chelsea isn't smart either. She knows Kim has a HII, and doesn't realize she needed to blindside Kim early on if she stood a chance based on merit. She may piss off Kim, but that's one vote of the jury. The others might have been impressed that she had acted on that knowledge.

Kat: You ARE a follower.

If Alicia wasn't out of job before now, that comment comparing Christina to her students?! Update your resume, Alicia.

Tarzan is beyond hopeless.

In short: I hate everyone now.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

When Christina told Troy she was the one they were going to split the vote with WHYYYYYYY didn't he say to her, "Well, if I play my idol, then that means you are going home."

Geez, a golden opportunity to put some real doubt into that small little head of hers and rally some others to vote for other people.

JudyObscure

JudyObscure

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

All season I've been kind of rooting for Christina as the underdog but, darn, what was she thinking by telling Troy she already had two votes? She almost makes Kat look smart.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

What were Troyzan's final words to Kat?

"Do it."

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

All I can say is color me bored. This went from a really good season to becoming boring and predictable. The planning of Kim made me think about Coach last season though--like maybe he deserve to win after all even though he made a mess of final TC.

The only spark was between Alicia and Cristina. Alicia is horrible again. She been quiet lately, but then she talk, comparing Christina to her special ed student. I just think she should leave her special ed students out of it. If I were a parent of one of her students, I would not be very happy Alicia keep bringing up their challenges by comparing her to Christina. I just think Alicia is horrible.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Here's how dull this season has been . . . for the phone sponsored $100K fan vote prize, I'm torn between somebody who got voted off after eleven days (Bill) and somebody who just entered the game (the pig).

Yay for dissension in the women's ranks, but Troy was a dead man walking this episode. The "hurting feelings" reward challenge could have been boiled down to this: "For this challenge, everybody -- females and Tarzan -- will piss all over Troyzan. Then regardless of performance, all of you will go on a sweet picnic. Except for you, Troyzan, because you suuuuuuuucckkk." Then he fucking loses to Tarzan, who's essentially a broke man's Rupert at this point, and he winds up with his back to the rest of the action. I half-expected Probst to shout, "Hey! Troyzan! I got half-naked women coated in oil here! Do you know how much some guys would pay to be that close to something like this?!?"

As for the woman? Prediction: those who place out of the top three will get as much Reunion time as Rick back in December. Even if these women were interesting, Probst will talk to the top three, then veer towards Troy, then Tarzan, then Colton. I'm sure these woman are intruguing up close . . . I kinda want Alicia's hatchet face fucking fired by her school . . . but it doesn't translate. Kim's the mastermind (mistressmind?), Chelsea is the other alpha, Kat's not bright, Sabrina is sweet, and Alicia is a bitch. I'm just happy they let the pig live, because it comes off as more charming as the women. And Tarzan. Then again, a kick to the groin is more charming than Tarzan.

Why shouldn't I skip everything until Day 39? At least with TAR, there's the off chance that the remaining teams might start beating the crap out of each other. Also, a guy like Bopper or Mark could have made this season a little more entertaining.

A1 Jackass

A1 Jackass

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

How is Alicia not the least deserving to be on the island? What has she done? She must be pulling a Costanza. Be a bitch and people will think you're working hard...

BurnXFreeze

BurnXFreeze

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

I had to give the anti-Kim sentiment two points tonight:

(1) Kim was too cold in explaining to Kat why she didn't get to come on the reward trip. Kat doesn't want to hear how hard it was for you, Kim. (Sabrina spun it much better back at camp.) And from my omniscient seat in front of my TV, I think asking Kat who should get the safety votes would have gone a long way. She would have said Christina or Tarzan anyway.

(2) Kim is working with a lot of people who are easily led. Even after all that drama, six* people voted the way Kim wanted them to.

*Just assuming about Tarzan, who seemed to be in a LOT of backgrounds.

So that said: It's tough to see anyone else winning at this point. I still want to see how Kim manages the drama that's going to soak the camp the rest of the way, but neither she nor her assumed No. 2 Chelsea took any serious heat at a crucial moment, so it feels pretty well assured.

Troyzan started playing the game a little too late. But I give him credit for playing it. I don't know what Christina's plan could be.

Edited by BurnXFreeze, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

Unconditional

Unconditional

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Troyzan was just too obnoxious for too much of the show. He articulated the state of the alliances very well but the pressure of being the #1 enemy made him far too unbearable for any of the women that really NEED to work with him to want to. Ultimately he had a lot more game than I thought he did through the first couple of episodes. This is one of those instances where I wouldn't mind Redemption Island because that dynamic of "pesky player that's a legitimate threat to the dominant alliance" can actually be compelling when all of the players are near the same level as individual. Troy is good, but Kim is better.

Another completely predictable boot, undoubtedly to be followed next week by a predictable Tarzan boot.

Actually if Kim really felt like cementing this thing she would keep him and bounce Christina first. Tarzan will probably be seen as the no-brainer vote, but he shouldn't be.

How is Alicia not the least deserving to be on the island? What has she done? She must be pulling a Costanza. Be a bitch and people will think you're working hard...

She's in a five-person alliance with the rest of the girls except Christina. She obviously can't get a majority vote on that question.

I wish that Kim would have thrown that challenge but it was brilliant to take Alicia in place of Sabrina. I even think Christina's vote for Troyzan for "who would you want to be stuck on an island with" was smart because while it's sort of obvious what she was doing, at least she understood what needed to be done.

Edited by Unconditional, Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:18 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

I don't know what Christina's plan could be.

She has no plan. She showed us that tonight. She's like a floundering whale.

LanceM

LanceM

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Chelsea isn't smart either. She knows Kim has a HII, and doesn't realize she needed to blindside Kim early on if she stood a chance based on merit. She may piss off Kim, but that's one vote of the jury. The others might have been impressed that she had acted on that knowledge.

The problem with blindsiding Kim early on is that she shows to the rest of her alliance that she is a backstabber and not to be trusted. She could find herself being targeted right after voting Kim out. On the other hand, you wait too long and you don't get her out and you end up losing. Ideally she still has time if she wants to do at F7 or F5 or even F4 if she can win the immunity challenge.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

Actually if Kim really felt like cementing this thing she would keep him and bounce Christina first. Tarzan will probably be seen as the no-brainer vote, but he shouldn't be.

It doesn't really matter, to be honest. Alicia's not bailing out, so Kim's got four votes. Game over.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

In short: I hate everyone now.

Heh, I think I'm the exact opposite. While Alicia can go at any second, there's something for me to like and enjoy about everyone else out there. Even stupid Tarzan is making me laugh, now that he's embraced his role as 'crazy older dude'. I can't express how much I love this season.

When Christina told Troy she was the one they were going to split the vote with WHYYYYYYY didn't he say to her, "Well, if I play my idol, then that means you are going home."
Geez, a golden opportunity to put some real doubt into that small little head of hers and rally some others to vote for other people.

I'm confused. She knew that already. Sabrina spelled it out for her (Oh, Sabrina, WHAT were you thinking?) What would change if HE told her this as well? It's pretty obvious that Christina has absolutely no chance at changing anyone's mind about anything. I'm still waiting for the part where she was a horrible, evil sloth, but regardless of the reasons, no one likes her. No one is going to listen to her. She couldn't rally anyone to do anything at this point.

I love Kim more and more each episode. I think she should've chosen Kat for the reward, unless she had a similar conversation with Chelsia that we didn't see. But I liked the fact that she admitted this was her first non-strategic decision, and it could've backfired on her.

I think tonight's episode solidified for me that based on what Alicia thinks, and what she knows in this game, that it would've been an idiotic move on her part to turn on her alliance last week. For all I know, she very well could be Kim's "Chosen" final three. And she's wretched enough to be a great goat. Better to get to the final three with her original - from day 1 - alliance, than turn on them. I don't think she has any better shot at beating Troy, or even Tarzan, than Kim or Chelsia. So why not go with the people you've been alligned with from the beginning?

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

She has no plan. She showed us that tonight. She's like a floundering whale.

Is Alicia planning? I just do not see how Alicia think she really is in contention for the win. For all the talk about the low IQ of Christina, I do not think Alicia is a rocket scientist either. I certainly do not think Alicia have a chance for jury votes the way she and that Colton acted, and now her silly comments.

Alicia to me is just as much a floundering whale but she do not realize it. She has been used for numbers all along. She has no chance whatsoever--any more than Christia.

At least Christina know she is in trouble. Alicia do not even have a clue--except maybe she have chance as goat.

IBM62

IBM62

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

Just two things:

1) How does a special education teacher think having an IQ of 0 is possible?

2) Glad they didn't kill that pig. I thought he was really cute, especially those squeals he was making as they chased him. Poor thing.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

What would change if HE told her this as well?

I was thinking that maybe if two people told her this, it might sink in. She really, really, really didn't understand that there was a very strong possibility that she would be leaving. She really is thick as a plank.

And as far as rallying votes for others, I saw that as a tandem deal with Troy helping show Christina the light.

She just sat there all night like a deer in the headlights.

BurnXFreeze

BurnXFreeze

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Alicia to me is just as much a floundering whale but she do not realize it. She has been used for numbers all along. She has no chance whatsoever--any more than Christina.

If Alicia isn't in Kim's F3, Kim might as well keep Christina around for the distraction. Because clearly, Alicia can think of nothing else but how much she hates Christina. Sad.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

That pig was safe. He might as well have had PETA tattooed on his cute little butt.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music, yoga, cuisine

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

All I can say is color me bored. This went from a really good season to becoming boring and predictable. The planning of Kim made me think about Coach last season though--like maybe he deserve to win after all even though he made a mess of final TC.

Color me entertained. Someone said a while ago that a really well-played game of Survivor IS boring. And maybe it is, but not to me. I love Kim's steely-eyed planning and strategy. I think she's the female Brian Heidik, but without the skeeviness. Just like Brian, she's starting to win challenges late in the game, having cunningly eliminated challenge threats. I don't think she'll need to be like Brian and take two goats with her to FTC, because she is both the best liked, and the person other people would trust with their lives. Love, love, love it.

LanceM

LanceM

Couch Potato

I wish that Kim would have thrown that challenge but it was brilliant to take Alicia in place of Sabrina.

Not sure if it was brilliance or if Alicia is really in Kim's F3 as Troy was suggesting.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

I half-expected Probst to shout, "Hey! Troyzan! I got half-naked women coated in oil here! Do you know how much some guys would pay to be that close to something like this?!?"

Well, since he was all butt-hurt because he lost, not even that would have made him watch. That being said, I don't think a man who said "There are no oceans in Kansas" is smart enough to do that.