12-10: "Winning By A Nose" 2012.04.22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

305 replies to this topic

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:36 AM

I wish someone would do a tell-all and spill their guts. Aubrey would be a good candidate for this, as nobody loves talking about themselves more than she does. Although, since she's on a first name basis with Trump, she might hesitate to make him mad. Unless he fires her soon. If there is a God, it will happen.

I'm not so sure that I would trust Aubrey to be honest about anything. On Lisa's Sirius show last night she said that she and Aubrey would talk a lot at night after the cameras were off, yet Aubrey in her AfterBuzz interview said that there was after hours strategizing between the contestants, but that she never participated in any of it. In the end, each person would tell "their truth" from their POV with their own "spin", invariably to make themselves look better, so I'm not sure how informative any tell-all would be other than revealing how editing creates a perception that is different from reality, but we already know that.

Josy

Josy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:52 AM

I didn't like the photo, while they were choosing the photo I saw some much nicer (IMO) looking ones in the gallery of Dayana with the perfume (oops, I'm sorry, perfume's girly, I meant cologne). I would personally rather have her eyes open and her smiling, she looked sort of asleep in that. Plus, how much editing did they do to that photo?! How did she get blond? Spanish people aren't supposed to be blond, everyone needs to suck it up and be happy with their natural self, hair color and all (that goes for Aubrey, Lisa, Debbie, and anyone who had dyed their hair)

Just out of curiosity can you please tell me how us Spanish people are supposed to look? Dark skin? Dark hair? Dark eyes?

Have you ever been to Latin America? Did you know that Latinos are a mixed of different races? If you travel to Argentina, Uruguay like I have, you will find that most people there are white with blond hair and blue or green eyes.

My grandfather was tall, white with blond hair and blue eyes. My grandmother was short, olive skin and brown eyes. My father is tall, has olive skin and blue eyes. And I'm tall, white and both my hair and eyes are brown. So there you have it, is call diversity.

Dayana is Venezuelan so on her DNA you will probably find African, Indian, Spanish, Italian genes.

I'm glad Dayana is still on the show. She's a trooper dealing with close minded people. She's classy, stunning, successful and Hispanic...that must be a sin.

PoorKitty

PoorKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:57 AM

Beyond repetitious I know, but I didn't get pompous at all from the slogan.

Clay has been playing chess all along. The more I re-considered this moment, I realized that, had he opted to say more, Clay would have had to mention as positives those ideas that were from Penn. He let the exhibit stand on its own, took his chances, and prevailed.

I can't agree with this LennieB (I do think your slogan of "reach for it/success" was absolutely brilliant!)because:

If ever a PM deserved to be fired, Clay was it. Of course we all know that isn't how this show works. The presentation was an utterly embarrassing mess. No description of the product, pricing, etc. No brochure was a huge mistake. There were tester sticks, but they were never mentioned. The only reason Clay is still in it is Trump wanted Penn gone--end of story. He couldn't have made it plainer in the BR if he'd stood up and shouted "I am going to fire Penn!" the moment everyone walked in. I do believe Clay picked up on that but was having trouble with skirting the issue of having approved everything as PM. Dyanna(sp?)was never going anywhere and they all knew it.

A lot are asking what Lisa did. What I believe she did (in an amazingly subtle way for her) was attempt to get her biggest competition--Clay and Penn--fired. She is very creative and a writer after all and could've written a great presentation. Her facial expression as Clay's presentation was tanking was certainly odd. It looked more like "sucks to be you!" than dismay. As a woman, she's probably shopped for both men and women's fragrances more than most men. Every display has those brochures and most have scented cards. Every women's magazine is crammed with them, but the idea never occurred to her?? She dismissed Dyanna's suggestion far too easily, only murmuring about not enough time.

One has to admit, Lisa's transformation was amazing. Gone were all the many ideas that "only she" could come up with while on the women's team. She was so subdued. She loved Dyanna this task, thought she was fantastic. She loved Audrey's display and all but gushed over it in the BR, which was almost as bad as Lou's stated preference for the other team's commercial.

Whatever it was Lisa did, it was enough to not get her brought back if they lost, but far too little to help Clay win and I believe that was her intention on this task all along.

Edited by PoorKitty, Apr 24, 2012 @ 9:59 AM.

jakespike

jakespike

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:01 AM

I just watched last night and the ONLY thing I remember from the show is "Success, You Earned it". I thought it was a fantastic slogan. For the life of me, I can't remember what Aubrey's slogan was but I know I wasn't impressed.

Aubrey's booth looked like a toddler built it.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

If Clay had had a small brochure that had a scent strip built in, they'd have had a better chance of winning. I don't think anyone thought of that idea, but it's what you see in magazines all the time. Penn shoulda/coulda fought harder for the slogan, but he just sat there like a lump. He just wasn't passionate about the project.

Lisa shoulda/coulda written a great presentation, or assisted Clay in the presentation, but no.....she'd rather roll her eyes and make faces at Clay. What happened to the Queen of Improv, jumping in and saving the day? She's full of hot air, trying to save her own ass. I hope she is fired this week, and takes her clone Aubrey with her.

I wish like hell when the executives turned to Clay and told him to continue, he'd then said to Lisa," Lisa, why don't you give us your feminine perspective of this product and points you would make to sell it to young men?"

She'd have to either pull out a great answer or stumbled...in which case, she could be fired.

Edited by Philipscomments, Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:34 AM.

Evs

Evs

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:37 AM

Regarding Clay and other contestants playing for publicity vs playing for their charity:

I think some celebs have charities that they have been involved with for a long time and that mean a lot to them. I think those celebs are playing both for personal exposure and for their charity but, because their charity is so important to them, they really want to do well and earn money for their charity and bring awareness of their charity. That is just as important to them as the personal exposure, maybe even more so. Clay and Dee, off the top of my head, seem to be good examples.. I think a lot of celebs fit into this category.

Other celebs seems to be there primarily for the exposure. They choose a charity to play for because they need one for the show but don't have any emotional investment in winning for them. They are there mainly for themselves. I wonder if Aubrey is in that category? You can see the difference between the 2 groups when the task winner presents the check to their charity.

Just and observation, FWIW.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:24 AM

Correct grammar has never been an important factor in advertising, IMO.

Edited by LennieB, Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:30 AM.

nice PANTS

nice PANTS

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:44 AM

I've worked selling fragrance for almost 20 years. When a fragrance launches we never have any takeaway pamphlets(at least not in the last 5 years, it's a waste of paper- no one wants to take garbage home with them) - we get testers, tester cards, posters, and samples. Since the teams weren't told to design sample packaging, I don't think Forte can be faulted for not designing takeaway pamphlets.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:57 AM

Let's simplfy it to the fact that this show doesn't end after the cameras stop rolling. You have press, backtalk and even trash talk that happens. I guess its typical for reality shows?

Why has no one spoke of this...
It seems that Clay's teammates left him hanging when they did not step up and help with the presentation before the "Go On!" judges. What with all the improv years of experience amongst them-- say maybe 50 years.

Edited by Kstel78, Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:22 PM.

revelation

revelation

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:27 PM

A great episode, lots of top comments already made here as always.

My thoughts were that (as pointed out upthread by ChicksDigScars) the Slogan 'You've earned it' is very similar to L'Oreal's 'You're worth it!'. It is basically telling the consumer to treat themselves. Also the concept of a success being earned does tie in with the product name and the notion of Trump having built up his riches. I thought it was a great slogan. Obviously it is subjective though.

As for the slogan, 'Trust your Instincts', it is true that Aubrey suggested this first, but she also threw out nonsense ideas about the definition of success, so she had good ideas and bad during brainstorming. It was Arsenio identifying this phrase as a known quote of Trump, that solidified the decision to proceed with it as the slogan. Indeed the slogan was sold to the execs as being a Trump quote, so this clearly had resonance with them. The identification of it being a Trump quote surely was very important to the execs liking it. So both Aubrey and Arsenio deserve credit here for formulating and picking the slogan but they both misrepresented in the BR how the slogan was chosen. This may be deliberate or just down to slight confusion about the timeline.

Using Dayana in the photo made sense. It's about utilising the attributes and experiences of your team-members. Last week team-members with stage experience performed in front of an audience and this week Dayana was utilised as she has experience of being in photo-shoots advertising products. We were shown the execs praising the picture of Dayana saying it was representative of the brand. Clay has tweeted that he made a strategic decision to bring back Dayana. It was clear to me that Trump was not going to fire her for this task, he said that the executives liked Dayana. In fact, he said this twice and he gave emphasis by saying they liked her a lot! This was code that he was not going to fire her for this task. Clay did not want to have to put up with a stroppy Lisa if she was brought back to the BR, so he picked the less aggressive Dayana. So you can decide whether the decision was cowardly or smart. I think it was mixture of both.

Aubrey said that using pictures of models in adverts was boring and something to be critical about. She is obviously out of touch with the industry because this is the real advert for Trump fragrance which drew from Dayana and Penn's concept.
https://salmaglamour...12-ad-campaign/
As you can see, it contains a 'hot girl and a man in a suit', the very thing Aubrey dismissed because it was not innovative enough. It's not about being innovative, Aubrey, it's about selling product.

As for Penn, yes he should have been sacked. I like him but he did come up with the slogan and then kept on championing it. It is not enough to then issue a disclaimer that he has no responsibility, if the client does not like it, because the PM has power of veto. The whole point of this show is that you take the credit if it works and take the blame if it bombs. Of course it was subjective and down to what the execs personally liked/disliked but that's the judging criteria. Many judgements in life are subjective. To be fair to Penn, he did not really fight hard to stay, he knew he had to take responsibility and he did. Penn did turn down the chance to be PM, so Clay deserved credit for stepping up. The reality is that if Penn had been PM he would have used the same concepts which were largely his anyway.

Even in the Boardroom when it was down to the Final 3, it was pleasing to see Dayana still ensure Penn got credit for his role in storyboarding the photo concept. This showed a stark contrast to Aubrey consistently taking credit away from her team-mates at every opportunity. I guessed Aubrey's uncharitable and mean nature was just highlighted once more after the BR, when she chided Lisa for praising Dayana this week, given that Aubrey has zero knowledge of Dayana's performance on this task except what she heard in the BR which was universal praise by her Team-mates. Aubrey disagrees with the very concept of giving praise where it is due, the notion is alien to her. Despite previous episodes showing the Trump's value team loyalty, Aubrey is happy to throw her team under the bus to Eric. Such a team-player!

Aubrey did give a good presentation. Arsenio and Teresa also gave good pitches. I was impressed with it, of course Aubrey would refuse to give them any credit for this, but that's how she rolls. Clay's presentation seemed much worse. Clay admitted that he had to wing it at the end, but no-one stepped in to rescue him! Also it was an oversight not to have any leaflets/fliers to hand out. Clay's team could have spared someone to take time to knock something together, Clay's team had an extra member if you recall. We are not talking about having to print hundreds of leaflets, but only a handful. Clay's decision to ignore Dayana's suggestion helped lose him the task. So it was a bad decision. Remember it was not neccessarily the case that these fliers would be given out to real customers, but that giving them to the execs at the presentation would involve giving them a gift and thus invoking a psychogical obligation to reciprocate with a favourable judgement.

The reality is that the best advertising concept had already been taken. This was to have the product the item of focus for an entire two-hour reality TV show watched by millions on a major US TV network! We all now know about this damned perfume called Success, do we not?

Edited by revelation, Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:35 PM.

CharlieMarlowe

CharlieMarlowe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:38 PM

I've worked selling fragrance for almost 20 years. When a fragrance launches we never have any takeaway pamphlets(at least not in the last 5 years, it's a waste of paper- no one wants to take garbage home with them) - we get testers, tester cards, posters, and samples. Since the teams weren't told to design sample packaging, I don't think Forte can be faulted for not designing takeaway pamphlets.

I agree unreservedly. Takeaways are just clutter and future trash. They are an annoyance unless you need an emergency bookmark. I'm curious as to why anyone would need text to sell a fragrance. Just have someone at the display booth (hopefully, Dayana, if she is available) with a bottle of the stuff and spray on request.

As for grammar, I think a case can be made that it is important. Grammar errors, however small, can cause a momentary discordance of thought as you try and figure out why what you have just read sounds wrong. It is much better to have correct grammar so that it does not interfere with the message. To my ears, "You've earned it" sounds less harsh and abrupt than "You earned it."

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

Aubrey said that using pictures of models in adverts was boring and something to be critical about. She is obviously out of touch with the industry because this is the real advert for Trump fragrance which drew from Dayana and Penn's concept.

I'm not sure how much we should draw from what, IMHO, isn't a very good ad. The name of the product, for example, isn't well placed. It looks like a caption (for a successful woman?), and if the woman is supposed to draw you in, you might not see it unless you have a foot fetish. If Trump's ad agency knew what they were doing, he wouldn't have been asking the celebs to come up with something, rather than performing some other task within which he could plug the stuff.

So I looked up this Annie Duke person because I have never heard of her before. on Wikipedia it says C.A. has 5 criteria for winning the competition. Does anyone know what they are besides raising the most money?

After Trump was pretty much forced in S1 to choose Piers based on his fund-raising, he added a bunch of subjective criteria so that he could give the win to whomever he wanted. The details aren't important; no sooner did Trump unveil the new criteria than he made WTF assessments to justify picking Joan Rivers. Lately, I think he's kept it vague, just saying the money wasn't going to be the sole factor.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

What would happen if Unanimous also didnt have a take away?

jailnurse93

jailnurse93

Video Archivist

• Interests:Animal rescue, law enforcement, machine quilting, watching television.

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

Other celebs seems to be there primarily for the exposure. They choose a charity to play for because they need one for the show but don't have any emotional investment in winning for them. They are there mainly for themselves. I wonder if Aubrey is in that category?

Aubrey is there for Aubrey. I recall the episode when Aubrey was PM and she cried when she lost and Mr. Trump asked her "Why are you crying?" and her first response, in a very condenscending tone was, "Because I can't stand to lose to THESE people." Then she must have thought for a second because she changed her tone and added "Well, and my charity...." , almost as if it was an afterthought. I was pissed at Trump for giving her $10,000 when she was the losing PM, just because she cried. I cannot stand her, I can't wait til she's fired. I don't think Mr. Trump would ever choose someone so self absorbed to be CA.

musical

musical

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

I did not like either slogan a whole lot...to me, they both missed seriously missed the mark, however I wasn't surprised that Trump, in all of his humility...lol...appreciated one of his quotes being employed. I think Lennie B's suggestion "Reach For It" is actually quite good, and relevant for the target demographic.

I resonated with the executives' sense that "You Earned It" was pompous. It is overly self-congratulatory, and indeed, while I agree with Penn that many successful people do believe that statement, those who really produce great achievements in life also display uncommon grace...Christopher Reeve, for example.

Aubrey, who wears on my every last nerve, was a much better presenter for this task then Clay, and that surprised me. He usually prepares thoroughly for formal offerings... wonder what happened? And, while team Aubrey's brochure seemed the most attractive aspect of their task response, I gather 'takeaways' were not specifically mentioned in the initial task delineation. It does seem that some Dayna's more useful ideas are broached by her at the 11th hour.

I have watched CA for many of the seasons it has aired. My fascination is in how the celebrities cope with tasks out of their realm of expertise, and the ensuing behavioral dynamics between ego centric personalities. The board room holds almost zero interest for me, especially the set up question Trump is using more than ever, asking who the PM would fire before learning who won the task. I agree with who posted this, however, that if the PM were always fired for losing the task, there'd be no point in the boardroom segment, other than announcing who won and why.

Edited by musical, Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:17 PM.

LillyCL

LillyCL

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:25 PM

I was surprized that Clay did not get criticized for his presentation skills in this task. That would've been reason enough to fire Clay. And that was probably the only reason I could see for Aubrey's team "winning", because yes their presentation was much better and more natural (ETA: but still NOT great). Trump never said why Aubrey's team "won", so my guess is to get rid of someone on the other team. I am sure that Penn is glad to be gone. Count me in, too, with those who didn't find the slogan to be pompous...I can't even remember Aubrey's slogan, yet Penn's sticks with me.

Also, I could have sworn that Clay and Lisa were the ones who wanted to make the picture bigger. But in the boardroom the story was that it was a "consensus". Really?

Edited by LillyCL, Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:29 PM.

clotilde

clotilde

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

I didn't think the Aubrey presentation was all that great. Passable. Theresa mentioning price 'acting' as a surprised consumer was tacky. Hey! This is cheap, people! Oy.

Same as others have indicated,I was stunned that Clay's team threw him under the bus during the presentation. Penn and Lisa are professional 'talkers' and Miss Dayana is the young female who is dating Sucess' target audience. This is getting very little attention on the other boards, if any at all.

First Penn sets Clay up, then Clay's team hangs him out to dry. I was rooting for Clay in the boardroom based on these two game ploys alone. Plus, The Donald wanted Penn gone and Clay picked up on the signals immediately. Penn had a neon arrow flashing above his head. Penn's ego won't/can't believe that but it's all there on my downloaded file of the show.

Edited by clotilde, Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:28 PM.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 2:34 PM

First Penn sets Clay up, then Clay's team hangs him out to dry. I was rooting for Clay in the boardroom based on these two game ploys alone. Plus, The Donald wanted Penn gone and Clay picked up on the signals immediately. Penn had a neon arrow flashing above his head. Penn's ego won't/can't believe that but it's all there on my downloaded file of the show.

Totally on the money!

I was surprized that Clay did not get criticized for his presentation skills in this task. That would've been reason enough to fire Clay.

I think he would've thrown everyone under the bus if that ever came up since they left him out to dry.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

this is the real advert for Trump fragrance which drew from Dayana and Penn's concept.

That ad sucks. Where o where is the infamous tagline Trump was raving about?

Hard Cider

Hard Cider

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

I do not believe for a second that Penn's employer gave 250K to his charity as some sort of surprise.

I think Penn knew from the get go that his charity was going to be taken care of win lose or draw.

That might explain why Penn behaved like he did. He was in a no lose situation.

Grimes

Grimes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 5:43 PM

It's possible that the 250k would have been donated if Penn got to a fund raising task. Maybe that's why he didn't want to lead this week. He might have been waiting for such a task.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

Penn called into Adam Carolla's show to talk about being fired from the Celebrity Apprentice and the $250k that Caesars gave to Opportunity Village and they discuss the boardroom a bit and how Penn didn't deserve to be fired, yada, yada. Then, Adam goes an a really funny rant about Dayana staying on the show so long.

http://www.adamcarol...eresa-strasser/

Adam talks about how Trump was saying that NBC didn't want Dayana to be on the show, but he pushed to have her there, and then Adam apparently told Dee and Penn early in the show (after a couple of days) that Dayana was going to be staying on the show for a long time and that there was no point in bringing her back to the boardroom because there was no way that Trump was going to fire her (and prove NBC was right). Pretty smart! LOL!

It's possible that the 250k would have been donated if Penn got to a fund raising task. Maybe that's why he didn't want to lead this week. He might have been waiting for such a task.

I think that this is a definite possibility. Penn may not have known exactly how much Caesar's was going to donate, but I imagine that he may have had some kind of commitment from them to donate a large amount when he was the PM of a money raising task.

Same as others have indicated,I was stunned that Clay's team threw him under the bus during the presentation. Penn and Lisa are professional 'talkers' and Miss Dayana is the young female who is dating Sucess' target audience. This is getting very little attention on the other boards, if any at all.

I wouldn't have thought of this and don't think that it was a concerted effort to "bus" Clay at all. Clay was the PM and responsible for the presentation and he's proven over the weeks that he's focused, works hard, thinks of stuff and is always prepared, so I honestly think that his team naturally assumed that he had the presentation well in hand and just trusted him. The fact that they were tongue-tied may have been simply that they hadn't paid any attention to the details of the product (price, different sizes, etc.), again assuming that Clay had all of that covered. Penn and Lisa may have been able to come up with some ad lib comedy stuff, but that wasn't what the presentation was about. TBH, I think that the remaining contestants are all showing signs of being tired and stressed out, having been playing the game for so long, so at this point, everyone is mentally and emotionally exhausted.

Plus, The Donald wanted Penn gone and Clay picked up on the signals immediately. Penn had a neon arrow flashing above his head. Penn's ego won't/can't believe that but it's all there on my downloaded file of the show.

I agree that Donald wanted Penn gone and he practically screamed at Clay to let him know that. LOL! I disagree though about Penn's ego not believing it because I think that he's known from the start (and definitely after the BMG event) that Trump wouldn't let him get anywhere near winning. Penn was trying to play by his own rules and Trump wouldn't ever reward anyone who wouldn't cooperate with what he and the producers wanted.

I was surprized that Clay did not get criticized for his presentation skills in this task. That would've been reason enough to fire Clay.

I think that may have happened, but was edited out because it detracted from the focus on getting rid of Penn.

Edited by Unanimous, Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:24 PM.

clotilde

clotilde

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Oh the fun. So Ceasar's says to Penn "We got you covered. Let us know when you need the money." Penn was fired 4 freaking months ago. Now they make the big announcement that Penn's charity gets the same dollar amount if he had won? Now? Why? Are they THAT stupid? Or do they think we are all that stupid. Penn is still in the game y'all! Penn really is a good illusionist.

eta:

Penn was trying to play by his own rules and Trump wouldn't ever reward anyone who wouldn't cooperate with what he and the producers wanted.

Good point.

Edited by clotilde, Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:06 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:28 PM

Oh the fun. So Ceasar's says to Penn "We got you covered. Let us know when you need the money." Penn was fired 4 freaking months ago. Now they make the big announcement that Penn's charity gets the same dollar amount if he had won? Now? Why? Are they THAT stupid?

If they had made the announcement before Penn was fired in front of the national audience on television, they'd essentially be letting everyone know that he was gone. Ahead of time. Donald would have blown his top.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

Oh the fun. So Ceasar's says to Penn "We got you covered. Let us know when you need the money." Penn was fired 4 freaking months ago. Now they make the big announcement that Penn's charity gets the same dollar amount if he had won? Now? Why? Are they THAT stupid? Or do they think we are all that stupid. Penn is still in the game y'all! Penn really is a good illusionist.

LOL! Well, since all the contestants had signed a confidentiality agreement that Dee Snider has tweeted would "take everything that they owned" if they breached it, I can see why the timing of the announcement was made when it was. Plus, by framing their donation as they did, Caesars get the maximum PR benefit from their donation. It's totally understandable why the announcement was timed as it was. I saw an article that Opportunity Village has already bought a couple of mini-buses with the money, so clearly they have had access to the money (or at least knew that it was coming soon).

clotilde

clotilde

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

Duh. Totally forgot about the confidentiality agreement. Sorry.

Now that we are nicely into the season, I have a question since I don't watch reality shows. How does this Celeb Appr stack up against the other Celeb Appr's?

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

I can't speak much for the CAs since they are all pretty predictable. My favorite of all the Apprentice series was the one Trump did last year featuring people who were unemployed. Or who had been downsized and were seriously worrying about losing their homes, etc.

They tried harder. They worked harder. I enjoyed watching them so much more than the screeching banshees we're having thrust upon us now with Lisa and Aubrey.

WaltersHair

WaltersHair

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Received an invitation to get a CitiBank Mastercard today. On the outside of the envelope it says in big, bold print: You've Earned It.

Maybe not so pompous a slogan as overused and trite. For the record, I did like it and couldn't understand the executive's response. Then again, as others have pointed out, Trump more than likely thought he needed to even up the teams.

Loved George. More George, please.

MommaLode

MommaLode

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Just watched Aubrey on Jay Leno. I think that girl is one step away from some sort of breakdown. She is so into herself, it's incredible. She was talking about interviewing for Hooters, and said, "I obviously killed it, and they took me right away...". I'm starting to think she must have some severe underlying insecurities.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Just watched Aubrey on Jay Leno. I think that girl is one step away from some sort of breakdown. She is so into herself, it's incredible. She was talking about interviewing for Hooters, and said, "I obviously killed it, and they took me right away...". I'm starting to think she must have some severe underlying insecurities

Yeah didn't you love her 'I'm too smart to be a lawyer.' chatter? LOL.