12-10: "Winning By A Nose" 2012.04.22

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

305 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:13 PM

THE CELEBRITIES MUST CREATE AN IN-STORE DISPLAY AND SLOGAN FOR "SUCCESS BY TRUMP," A NEW FRAGRANCE BY DONALD TRUMP Donald Trump invites the celebrities to his luxurious penthouse apartment, where he gives them their next task, to create an in-store display for his new fragrance, "Success." A rematch between two sparring Project Managers ensues, as they compete to win $100,000 for their charities. One team worries about an indecisive leader. The other team's Project Manager sells out their team to Eric Trump.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Donald wanted to fire Ms Universe????????????

I call shenanigans.

Penn got it right. Trump makes his own rules and does what he wants to do.

I think Aubrey may be right about saying something about Trust your instincts before Arsenio said it..but since I can't stand the thought of Aubrey being right I am not going to check.

Edited by bandita, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

I can't stand Aubrey. I can't stand Aubrey. I can't stand Aubrey.

I feel like I need to write that on a chalkboard to get her ickiness out of my mind.

Her display sucked. The whole "the photo's too big" vs. "we loved the photo" argument for Clay's team was stupid.

My favorite line: Dayana, speaking of Lisa... "I hope she doesn't bust my peanuts."

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

There is no way "You earned it" is "pompous." The PM should have been fired for: running out of things to say at the presentation; not having a "take-away" (pamphlet or cologne stick); and approving both the photo size and the slogan. Why the buck stopped with Penn remains locked in Trump's "mind."

Edited by LennieB, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:08 PM.

tone

tone

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

I thought Clay was circling the drain, and then right out of left field Trump zeroes in on Penn. Based on the previews, I think they are waiting for a wild BR to lose Miss Universe.

Way back in the 1st show, Trump made a comment that Clay should have come in 1st place during his season of AI. I think he'll be the CA as part of his redemption. At least that's how I see this playing out, because as the PM, he should have been fired on this task.

Edited by tone, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

MagniFicent

MagniFicent

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Did anyone else laugh when George called Aubrey "Audrey"?

Also, if you needed any more evidence of what a liar Aubrey is, one only needs to play back the tape of her talking about a gorgeous model Eric Trump is. Ummm, what mug are YOU looking at?

I'm kind of surprised Penn is gone this early. I thought he was a lock for the final four, at least...but I'm glad Clay wasn't fired. He's one of the strongest players left, and I still think he should be in the finale. Unfortunately, it looks like Lisa and/or Aubrey will be the finale - I just don't see Teresa or Dayana being strong enough to make it - they could be the next to go. Arsenio might have a shot at making the finale. I can't wait for Aubrey and Lisa to get the f*ck off my screen, but it doesn't seem to be happening any time soon.

When Eric was talking about how "being pompous isn't part of the Trump brand", I thought I might bust a lung from laughing so hard.

Edited by MagniFicent, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

NightOwlRocks

NightOwlRocks

Channel Surfer

Our satellite went down:( What happened?

LittleDitty

LittleDitty

Loyal Viewer

Thank dog it wasn't Clay gone and Aubrey stayed or I would be gone from this season too! Sorry Penn, but me thinks Danya is just behind you next week.

CharlieMarlowe

CharlieMarlowe

Loyal Viewer

Just because it needs to be said again and again: "Aubrey, the executives thought the display lacked creativity!" or words to that effect)

Shnuglet

Shnuglet

Fanatic

A pompous slogan fits Trump's brand perfectly. The other slogan was stupid, unless they saw it as a play on on "stinks," in which case I love it. I also didn't see how the slogan was pompous in the first place. It was clever, concise and to the point. What's pompous is calling your fragrance Success by Trump.

I like the way Dayana gets credit basically for being young and photogenic. Great contribution to the team. Sorry to see Penn go, but good on him for jovially pointing out that Trump just makes up rules as he goes along.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Donald wanted to fire Ms Universe????????????

I call shenanigans.

Penn got it right. Trump makes his own rules and does what he wants to do.

Yeah, Trump fucked up big time, IMO. He himself said that Dayanna had been there six times, but followed it with "But I don't believe she should be here." I would wonder what the hell was the problem, but I think The Donald's got a crush on Dayanna. During the portion in which Clay brought her and Penn back, she just sat there with her arms crossed and a little smile on her face---she knows she's not going anywhere.

So weird, I actually liked Clay's team's display better; Aubrey's team display looked like one of those cheap-ass backgrounds you see for themed school dances. (Google Oriental Trading; proms and weddings are the specials right now.)

Edited by AtlanticVamp, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:10 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

"Aubrey, the executives thought the display lacked creativity!"

That's going on the 'fridge so I see it each day. Thanks. :)

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I think Penn should have been fired for not stepping up to be PM, he hasn't been since the 2nd task and as Clay pointed out in a TH, he was taking over from the get go. Clay was not more equipped to be PM on this task than Penn, but he had the balls to take it on. Having only seen a fraction of the board room I hope that was pointed out in more detail.

Edited by Koffee Kup, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

MagniFicent

MagniFicent

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:17 PM

I think Penn should have been fired for not stepping up to be PM, he hasn't been since the 2nd task and as Clay pointed out in a TH, he was taking over from the get go. Clay was not more equipped to be PM on this task than Penn, but he had the balls to take it on. Having only seen a fraction of the board room I hope that was pointed out in more detail.

Oh, it was. In one of his more catty moments, Clay pointed out that "Who'd have thought that between the two of us, I'd have the bigger balls?"

DebbieM

DebbieM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

I can't stand Aubrey. I can't stand Aubrey. I can't stand Aubrey.

I could not agree more. She's like an SNL character at this point. How can anyone actually be that self-absorbed and in love with herself? Her belittling of the others to make herself look better is despicable. Week after week, she unflinchingly throws everyone else under the bus while she sings her own praises. Non-stop. Unlike other annoying contestants in the past, she's not even interesting to watch. I have a bottle of champagne ready for the night she gets fired.

My favorite line: Dayana, speaking of Lisa... "I hope she doesn't bust my peanuts."

I loved that!

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

"You earned it" doesn't sound THAT pompous. Is it Loreal that has been using the slogan "Because you're worth it" for YEARS with much success? How it that any different?

The only part of Aubrey's display that was better was the take aways. That's it. The display sucked. I loved George's visit and hearing him totally pick it apart and deflate Unanimous' egos.

I stick by my original assertion that they threw Aubrey a bone and gave her the victory so that her charity would get SOMETHING positive from the CA experience, and now that I see the show, I'm even more convinced of it. It was close enough that Trump did not give her the full $100,000. She was the only contestant that hadn't won squat for her charity. Clay's charity had already won money from a task. If it was so close that Trump split the pot and gave everyone a share, he probably thought that he needed to give the larger share to the one charity that hadn't gotten anything yet.

THIS. Penn wimped out when it came to being a PM, even though he had gone the longest since he had last been one. And while Clay did approve everything, all the ideas were Penn's and Penn did seem to take over. He really should have been PM. It was kind of mentioned in the boardroom, but should have been hammered home more by Clay. I was certain that not stressing that would cost Clay. But, it looks like Trump was thinking outside the box and thinks Clay would be better later on.

Edited by ChicksDigScars, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:27 PM.

Venee

Venee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

So weird, I actually liked Clay's team's display better; Aubrey's team display looked like one of those cheap-ass backgrounds you see for themed school dances. (Google Oriental Trading; proms and weddings are the specials right now.)

ITA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I saw Aubrey's ,it looked like my four and seven year old cut it out. I thought Clay's (besides the slogan debacle) looked exactly like you could pick it up and put it in Macys. I didn't get the griping about the size of the picture either. I've been in the men and women's fragrance department more times than I can count and I've seen countless back lit humongous displays of bare chested muscular men advertizing for Calvin Klein or whatever.The bigger mistake was not having the take away. That's just standard in a fragrance display.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I really liked Penn's slogan. I have no idea what was pompous about it. But then again, I also didn't mind Aubrey's silhouette and overall display.

Clay should have been axed.

kkowalski

kkowalski

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

I was really uncomfortable during the two boardroom scenes. I couldn't figure out why until I realized that I liked everyone on the team that lost. I was surprised that I liked Lisa this week, but see she seems to be back to form next week.

I so want Aubrey to go. She is really a piece of work and I don't see how that display didn't lose for them. Then again, there was the little take-away and scent tabs. But please... make Aubrey go away!!!

"You earned it" isn't pompous, unless they're considering the old Smith Barney (I think) commercials, which were a little pompous. It's not pompous to earn something. Would it have been better if they said "You worked hard for this" or something like that? No difference in meaning.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

It totally cracks me up that they didn't like the silhouette of Eric Trump. I thought it looked just like Trump, and yes, if I saw it, I would immediately think of that asshole. I think the take-away sealed the deal for Aubrey to win, but I also agreed with her that a beautiful woman in a men's cologne ad is too obvious. I'm really sick of seeing beautiful women used as the object of success for a man. It's gross and outdated. Call me a feminist.

Penn was responsible for the entire display, not just the slogan so since the display lost, Penn should get fired. However, I do think it's unfair that Clay stays when he didn't do anything in this task except implemented all of Penn's ideas. Clearly Dayana and Clay know how to play this game. Don't take ownership of anything, and you will stay a long time.

Edited by Fallacy, Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:29 PM.

Hard Cider

Hard Cider

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

When it was all said and done, either Penn or Clay should have gotten the axe. Dayana should not have been in the boardroom. What did Lisa do? What did she contribute?

Dayana should not have been dinged by Lisa for saying that she came up with the idea so late in the task.
Why didn't Penn or Lisa or Clay have come up with the idea sooner? The reason, it never entered their minds.

But in the end, not having some take aways from the display and the "pompus" slogan did them in. Those fell on Penn's and Clay's shoulders and one of them had to go. Tonight it was Penn.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

"You worked hard for this"

LOL!! Trump would say "Yeah, but if you work hard, you sweat and stink." Just his logic, nothing against the slogan, mind you. :)

scarlet revised

scarlet revised

Video Archivist

Penn's slogan was actually good. Those marketing executives need to go back to school. The brand's name is Success for crying out loud! It ties in with the name perfectly and could be taken two ways. You deserve success in life and you deserve this cologne called Success as a result of your general success and the money it affords you. It's very Donald. I don't know how they kept a straight face in that boardroom when they said pompous was not in keeping with brand Trump. OOOKaaay.

Those women judges clearly have no idea how wall street type successful men think.

I think Tump could afford to lose Penn because he doesn't bring the drama and he never really fights for it. He always seems kind of above it all and that has got to make Trump a little insecure.

That said, they totally messed up by giving Dayanna so much credit for simply being attractive. How can you gain credit for simply having a natural attribute that they could exploit? So following that reasoning, Eric should be blamed for the bad silhouette in Aubrey's piece? Ridiculous.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Dayana should not have been dinged by Lisa for saying that she came up with the idea so late in the task.

But....but.....couldn't you see Lisa was dying inside, unable to make a snide comment for however many days, having to hold it all in. I thought she was going to pop like an oompa loompa!

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I thought that Trump's point with regards to Aubrey and Arsenio was that Aubrey was not admitting that (1) Trump said it on a website and (2) that Arsenio was the one that found it on said website. I never really thought that "trust your instincts" was that great of a slogan/whatever, but that Aubrey couldn't admit that Arsenio at least pointed it out as a Trump quote, which...regardless of whatever she thought of before then, Arsenio DID point out that Trump had said it before.

So, when Aubrey was still not fired after the winning was announced, I was done. Glad Clay didn't get fired, sorry it couldn't've been Aubrey. She annoyed me far greater than Lisa this week.

But, so far this season, it seems like they alternate weeks of being truly despicable. Last week was Lisa and this week was Aubrey. Heck, maybe the more annoying whichever one is, you know that's the WINNING team for the week. Of course, I would prefer being wrong on this and one (or both, pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease) gone next week for good.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Those women judges clearly have no idea how wall street type successful men think.

Macy's and Trump (their employers) must disagree. But I agree with you about the slogan. It's so Trump. Maybe he just doesn't want to admit it.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

Aubrey: “It was my idea. I wrote it down on my pad with the 15 other ideas I had.” Ugh. I thought Arsenio was gonna go off on her again. Maybe he was still steamed up about her rising on his shoulder. Ick.

I actually liked the “You earned it” slogan, and I didn’t see it as pompous.

I thought the photo of Dayana was a tad too big, It was beautiful, but overshadowed the tie.

princelina

princelina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Here is something for Lisa to ponder: when Dayana was PM, Lisa chose to go along and came out of the task praising Dayana. Tonight Lisa announced that she was going to be 'nice' and once again came out praising Dayana. So is she saying that the only times Dayana is a stupid moron are the times when Lisa is hating her and acting like a bitch from the get-go? Hmm.

I liked Clay's display better and found the slogans pretty equal -- when Penn pitched the idea he mentioned that successful people always want to feel that they earned it, and I think he should have repeated that in the boardroom. But I felt Clay's team was doomed after seeing Audrey's pamphlet and fragrance strips; those are to be expected and even if they didn't have time for something extravagant they needed something -- and how long would it have taken to print out some small cards with that picture on it and squirt them with perfume?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

Clay was so strong last week, it was disappointing to see him did...nothing this week, even his presentation was like 20 seconds and was so flat and boring. Wrong choice to bring in Dayana, she wasn't the reason you lost, what exactly did Lisa do anyway??

Poor Dayana, she's like a pinata, kept getting whack every single week, no matter what. Once again, giving a good idea, and got shot down by the project manager who said he didn't understand her. That was a lie, he didn't understand her at the beginning when they were brainstorming, but he CLEARLY understood her when she said that they needed a pamphlet or something to give to the executives, and shot her down.

Clay should have gotten the axe, but understood why Trump fired Penn, he doesn't bring drama, but Dayana versus Lisa/Clay next week.

RentEmSpoons

RentEmSpoons

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 10:44 PM

Poor Dayana, she's like a pinata, kept getting whack every single week, no matter what.

True, but she gives me life every time she walks back in the room. #likeabawse