18-8: "Georgina Chapman" 2012.04.25

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

50 replies to this topic

The Void

The Void

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

Annaliese posted a vlog about this episode and apparently the ANTM production staff really managed the Dorchester fashion show horribly. It was so bad that the fashion industry professionals were probably horrified and ANTM will never get an opportunity like this again.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:57 PM

Is it just me or has it been *ages* since we've heard about The Light?

Tyra's still trying to come up with some asinine catch-phrase for it.

Vexer

Vexer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

They are such hypocrites. Eboni gets criticized for not sticking to her brand and for not giving the same bullshit 30 Never picture every time but Laura (not that I even remember what her fucking brand is) is criticized for doing the same thing each time. So what is it folks?? Whaddya want??

I actually enjoyed this episode despite a too large dose of Kelly Cutrone. It seemed a real modeling challenge or two even! And better yet, Seymoaner got the boot! Yay!

violetr

violetr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:39 AM

I just think its funny that Kelly works in an industry that is ALL about appearence and she always looks like she rolled out of bed six days ago after a 3-day bender.

Bwah! I know! How is it okay for her to look that way? And I usually hate calling attention to a woman's appearance, but good god lady. She's like Marilyn Manson's mother.

Another good riddance to Seymone. Honestly I didn't get all the "well she has a beautiful face" comments. Just didn't see it.

The Eboni branding stuff is just horrifying. "We have ways of making you wear the pigtails, Eboni. Don't make us angry, Eboni."

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

I really think the speech for Eboni was largely just a thought-up reason to create fake suspense for her since between her photo and Seymone's photo (coupled with the factor of Seymone's poor behavior at challenges and photoshoots), it was an obvious, slam-dunk choice for Seymone to get the boot. Especially since, as pointed out upthread, Tyra really didn't seem as bothered by her not sticking to her branding as Kelly did.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:16 AM

Right, I really felt that Eboni did interesting things at the photoshoot. I get that it might have been frustrating to work with her, but she was doing all kinds of poses with her legs. I doubt that the picture they chose, which was totally uninspired, was her best. I think they just kinda needed someone to put up against Seymone, and they felt she was the easiest target.

Alexa

Alexa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:12 AM

I can't stand Kelly either....she just seems like the kid that was picked on in school and still carries all of that anger around to now pick on other people. Her outside appearance is only made worse by how ugly she seems inside. Tyra was stupid to choose her to be on the show, but based on the post farther above, it kind of makes sense. Tyra can only look good in comparison to her, and she hates to be bested by anyone else. Thus why she is firing her core staff for next season. She doesn't hide her ego well at all, does she?

I am so happy to see the Brits get the credit they deserve, and for Seymone to go--she really was not good and was being helped along.

TexanGal

TexanGal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Laura's still my favorite, I f'in love her, I just wish she could control that eyebrow a little better. I saw her walking with one eyebrow raised the entire time, and it looked so freaking weird. Does it go up when she's trying to look fierce?

Edited by TexanGal, Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:08 PM.

psychoticstate

psychoticstate

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:06 PM

I don't care for Ebony, but I really do love the fact that she really thinks this 30-Never shit is, well, bullshit. I don't get how "30-Never" is really supposed to mean "Infantile Forever."

While I think the superhero stuff is complete crap, I do think that the "30-Never" thing would make more sense if Eboni was like 29 years old and not 18. She looks young because she is young. But if she was 29 and looked young, then the whole 30-Never thing would make a wee bit more sense.

This drives me crazy. OF COURSE Eboni looks young. She IS young. She is only 18. Most 18 year olds want to look sophisticated or older. They don't want pigtails.

Eboni's pigtails have become like Cindy Brady's. Ever present.

The pigtails might be okay as a crazy juxtaposition if Eboni is wearing some high fashioned couture (sp?) but for every damn shoot and at every damn panel? Ridiculous. Eboni may become known for her young appearance but it seems to me that they are boxing her into this "little girl with pigtails" type that would limit her potential as a model.

So happy that Seymoan is gone. I really thought Eboni was going to get the pink slip. It's about time they got rid of Seymoan. She's immature and she had a very spoiled, entitled attitude. This was the time for Kelly Cutrone to bust out the bitch chops and she didn't.

I don't think they picked Catherine's best shot - - on set she looked spectacular. She really does have amazing skin and an amazing face for modeling.

I love Sophie. Her PHO-TO was incredible. And the pink is back!

Really am not caring for Laura. She may not have liked Kyle but sheesh, she really came across as an asshole when she left.

I'm hoping a Brit wins this. The American girls just aren't as good.

IttyBittyFlavur

IttyBittyFlavur

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

I don't think they picked Catherine's best shot

That was my thought as well. She's not even getting an underdog edit, more like an "eh, why are you even here?" edit.

I am so tired of people who have had dozens of chances to do well complain about how they need a chance to show that they can do well. Just shut up and go away.

eatingchicken

eatingchicken

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I like Laura and her look, so I tend to give her a pass about how she responded to Kyle leaving.

SeeMoan being booted was my yay moment for this season. I am also of the mindset that I can be ok with any remaining contestant winning. Eboni is lowest on the list but I can take comfort in her continued defiance of being Tyra's barbie doll who is supposed to walk around re-enacting that stupid Modelland book. Actually, the more I think about that, the more OK I'd be with an Eboni win.

Though seriously, when the girls get booted and their clips from the music video get shown... it's always like the editors are getting in their last F.U.

Does Kelly Cutthroat ever wash her hair?

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

Okay so a Hello Kitty photoshoot designed by a Filipino designer, AND to top it off, a young Asian girl photographer!! Wow way to stick to a theme ANTM. Somehow, I see a slight insensitivity in this scheme, but ANTM is nothing without offending someone.

That was my thought as well. She's not even getting an underdog edit, more like an "eh, why are you even here?" edit.

I feel bad for her, she seems like a nice girl with an amazing face, yet she's pigeonholed until she gets axed.

Laura, you're a bitch.

Yay for Seymone going home!! I seriously thought she would win this whole thing. And I thought Analiese had the best photo.

Kelly Cutrone is so tiring, honestly, she's trying too hard, "You're like a robot on oxycodone" or was it Oxycontin? Either way, that wasn't funny and made absolutely no sense. BTW, you look like you need a shower and a dentist appointment. Why isn't Tyra being charitable and send her to one like she did with Joanie?

Lady Cathcart

Lady Cathcart

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 6:43 AM

I wouldn't care if Kelly was the most beautiful woman in the world; the way she behaves is reprehensible. She cuts down the models DURING the challenge, rather than advising them on how to improve afterward, thus guaranteeing a psych-out which will make their performance even worse.

She gossips and exaggerates like a kid on the playground, so thrilled to be able to report dirt about the contestants to the other judges at panel.

She comes up with pathetic critiques in an attempt to appear witty and well-educated, when clearly nothing could be further than the truth. (She wouldn't know Henri Matisse from Barack Obama.)

I loved it when she tried to intimidate Georgina Chapman (way to welcome a guest judge), and Georgina stood up to her. In fact, that was my favorite moment of the entire season. I admit, though, I would have enjoyed it even more if Georgina had spoken for all of us by picking up a chair and breaking it over Kelly's head.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:54 AM

Seymone never struck me as someone who had a passion for modelling at all. She seemed really lazy to me. She really did come across as an incredibly miserable, rude person, who got upset with anyone who made her do some actual work. Glad to see the back of her!

Bebecat

Bebecat

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

I just don't like Laura, as a model or as a person.

I feel sure they will do one American and one Brit for the final, which kind of sucks, as the Brits are clearly better models, to me. But Tyra cares less and less about the modeling aspect of the show, so she will go with the face-off between the countries...

Does it ever occur to her or anyone else at CW that the reason the ratings are sinking has to do with less focus on modeling and more on all of the BS re: branding, making music videos, etc...? Even though the production value was even crappier in the early days, the show was so much better...back in Cycle 1, some of the photo shoots were the best they have had.

They should go back to basics...picking tall girls out of shopping malls and turn them into models. Lately, most of the contestants have had all kinds of experience. I liked it better when they were all really raw material and had to learn to model

nightlilies

nightlilies

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

They are such hypocrites. Eboni gets criticized for not sticking to her brand and for not giving the same bullshit 30 Never picture every time but Laura (not that I even remember what her fucking brand is) is criticized for doing the same thing each time. So what is it folks?? Whaddya want??

To make this point stand out more, Laura's brand is Zagilicious. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they mean by Zagilicious (but really, who DOES understand it?), but to me Zagilicious would mean crazy poses, body contorted which she is doing.

noluvnoluck

noluvnoluck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 6:42 AM

It also means something about how she's "Zagging" while everyone is "Zigging" and "Zigging" while everyone else might be "Zagging". Basically she does her own thing. Or some bullshit.

cosmom

cosmom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Maybe I'm misunderstanding what they mean by Zagilicious (but really, who DOES understand it?)

If you understood the madness that is Tyrant, I would be very worried if I were you. Not understanding is probably a sign of mental health.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:46 AM

Okay so a Hello Kitty photoshoot designed by a Filipino designer, AND to top it off, a young Asian girl photographer!! Wow way to stick to a theme ANTM. Somehow, I see a slight insensitivity in this scheme, but ANTM is nothing without offending someone.

I'm not seeing it. The show was offensive with its treatment of Mariah earlier this season, but this shoot wasn't even slightly offensive, from what I could tell. Stupid, but not offensive. The photographer was chosen by 17 magazine. They probably felt this one was suitably "young" for a 17 reader, so that was planned for whomever was picked as the winner. As for a Filipino designer, should they have said no one from Asia could be involved in designing for the show? Frankly, I'd find that more offensive.

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 3:04 AM

I don't think it's offensive, but perhaps stereotypical is the right word to describe the feel of the shoot.

damnyouRyan

damnyouRyan

Just Tuned In

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

Long time reader, first time poster you all crack me up, so I figured I may as well join in on the fun.

I was actually pleasantly surprised with this episode; mostly because it felt like one of the more "legitimate" episodes this season. They did runway (or as the wonderful/adorable Brits call it, catwalk) and the photo shoot wasn't as god-awful as usual. Still awful, but not as awful.

First things first: Kelly Cutrone is the absolute worst. She's physically unattractive, and she has the awful personality to match. That's what makes a person ugly to me, and each episode seems to further prove to me that she is ugly personified. I just feel like she's extremely unhelpful and she has no relevance in regards to the rest of the show, which is saying a lot because this show doesn't have a lot of relevance anyways. Her critiques at panel also bother me as well, mostly because of the stupid similes and metaphors (robot on oxycodone?), but also because she points out things that are beyond the girls' control. She's just the worst.

I'm basically fine with anyone winning from here, with the exception of Eboni - she grates, is immature, and she just has zero appeal for me. I will admit that she did look good with her hair all pulled back on the runway. The bangs are killing me, though. I was impressed with how modelly Annaliese was on the runway too, and was extremely impressed with her picture this week.

I was fully expecting Catherine to go home this week (panel seems to have it out for her for some reason, and she's getting the boring edit), and I figured she would go the way of C15 Jane, my favorite contestant, who was "boring" to Tyra. I'm glad she's still around. All the British girls are good with me, and I'm fine with Laura as well, who seems to have become an honorary Brit. Laura also looked the best she's ever looked at panel this week - she usually looks like a mess in person, but she actually looked as good as her photographs this week. Good for her.

And praise the lord - Seymoan is gone! That exit interview was fantastic. She may have a pretty face, but she didn't know how to use her body, and she also had a pretty horrible attitude. This must be the cycle of horrible attitudes - she, Eboni, and Kyle are three of the most grating contestants I've ever seen. Hopefully Eboni won't be able to pull a win out of her butt. I am absolutely fine with anyone else winning.