8-18: "Body and Soul" 2012.04.23

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

36 replies to this topic

Dana5140

Dana5140

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

Actually, I see it a bit different. I think seeing Domenika go was part of how they are ending the series: Domenika leaves, Cuddy is gone, Wilson dies, the cottages are fired or quit and are disbursed and House is left utterly alone. Maybe he gets new cottages, all new. And for him, it just goes on as it always has, but now he has no support anywhere. He remains a huge jerk. You know they will not give him a happy ending; they never, ever have.

mcjen

mcjen

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

Taking my response over to Speculation Without Spoilers.

Darynthe

Darynthe

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

The episode was awful in general. Wilson gets cancer (yawn). The hooker wife leaves a respected doctor because he lied to her to keep her longer. WTF??!! Yeah, hookers are all about self-respect and self-righteousness. Jeez.

Many parts were actually cringe worthy. Especially Chase's dream sequence. This is the first time in my life I have to get out of the room because of a KISS scene. I cringed my head out. HORRIBLE!! Please put this show out of its misery.

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:04 PM

But is it true that Domenika was ever a hooker? I don't know when/if anyone on the show said so, just remember that she appeared in the episode after House's hooker binge.

ConstableClyde

ConstableClyde

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

Do you guys think that she will come back to House? I mean it was his fault and I agree that he got what he deserved, but do you think she'll come back this season?

090108joanna

090108joanna

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

But is it true that Domenika was ever a hooker? I don't know when/if anyone on the show said so, just remember that she appeared in the episode after House's hooker binge.

House initially described her to Cuddy as a licensed esthetician (like a beautician, I think), but also told Wilson that in deciding to marry her he'd estimated what he'd save in hiring the following: a maid, a cook, a masseuse, and a hooker. I think that was all bravado, though, since they never actually slept with each other and we have no evidence that Domenika was ever a hooker at all. In one recent episode, actually, House told Wilson that "she didn't buy it either" when he'd used some line on her to get her to have sex with him. But, from the events of Body and Soul, it seems like she was certainly willing to consummate the marriage and he's the one who wasn't, until that point. Of course, with his luck, as soon as he was willing she got the call from INS and left him, angry that he'd lied to her.

Unspoiled

Unspoiled

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

Absolutely right, and much thanks! One thing you can say, that lady is a Jane of all trades.
I think that if House had explained that what he did, he did out of his insecurity, he could've possibly won her over. But NO! (using best Belushi voice)