13-17: 2012.04.24

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

142 replies to this topic

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:18 PM

I also like the "put the fat back on" challenge, but Kim's the only one who could have completed it in under 6 hours, so...

I hope the quack doc will appear on stage talking about how Jeremy and Conda have completely reversed their... um... still have a long way to go. "You should be tremendously proud because, well, every little bit helps!"

AustinGuy

AustinGuy

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but why did Male Aqua have a freekin' ascot on for his weigh in? There is a lot of fashion that I am not up on, but that is a new one for me...

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 2:31 PM

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but why did Male Aqua have a freekin' ascot on for his weigh in? There is a lot of fashion that I am not up on, but that is a new one for me...

It's a nod to his non-profit organisation, called Ascots by Adrian, that is designed to teach Chicago-area kids about entrepreneurship and helping them to stay out of trouble. He's a really positive force in his community and he and his wife have two kids (and one on the way, although maybe the baby's been born already?) As he and his wife have already lost a daughter born prematurely at 6 months, I can imagine him and his wife possibly being on pins and needles about this pregnancy.

I truly wish him and his family well - whether anybody's a fan of him on the show or not, it sounds like he's a decent guy who's well-respected in his community. And it's too bad that Biggest Loser was such a negative experience for him and his sister - I feel like the show missed an opportunity to connect with fans in the Chicago-area - not to mention more African-American households (and growing the show's demographic can't hurt the show's bottom line). Oh, well, sucks for BL. The production squad really needs to get its act together.

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

Oooh speaking of the confetti, can't we just have this year's winner blown out of the cannon across the audience, with no net, just let their loving families catch them.

At Conda and Jeremy's current sizes, I'm pretty sure cannons would not be able to handle them, nor would their family survive.

gdtobkg

gdtobkg

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:45 PM

I am watching next week only because I want to see the Britt's lose and watch their dreams and hopes be crushed.

Yes indeed! It'll be the biggest woo hoo, when Kim wins! I'll shoot the TV if one of the BrittShits win... (Wait, that was already done with Dancing with the Stars). Ok, I'll kick in the TV if one of them wins... Go Kim, pull a Keyser Soze Helen to win!

thistoo

thistoo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

At Conda and Jeremy's current sizes, I'm pretty sure cannons would not be able to handle them, nor would their family survive.

I should not have laughed as hard as I did at that.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 7:55 AM

Next week's episode - what's happening on it? Are they going to perhaps run the marathon?

I wonder if they are NOT going to run a marathon, why not? Is it that they know Pepperoni and anaconda could not have a chance of winning since they are sloths?

Also, since Pepperoni is so out of shape, how DID he stand on one foot and win that stupid challenge?

You know, speaking of last week, the challenge was pretty stupid - win this challenge to be able to try for the $250,000 prize by - doing a puzzle, standing on one foot, and doing a tiny run. That is pretty lame. Seems like any 400 pound person could do the first 2 things. Not very good of challenges.. They made it super easy, kind of like nowadays when the bleeding hearts give a trophy to all the losers of a team because "they showed up".

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

TelevisionMary, next week is the finale.

apeygirl

apeygirl

Fanatic

• Interests:X-files, American Idol, MST3K, Any Jane Austen movie done by the BBC, Scrubs, The Office, My Name Is Earl, Heroes, Jericho, Lost, Smallville, Ugly Betty.

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 8:35 AM

Well, this is a most depressing season. When I think of this, after the love fest that was happening this time last year, I feel sickened. I think I loved almost every single contestant by the end. The thing I always like about BL Couples is the emotional connection, seeing these realtionships, as opposed to the mostly fake friendships in singles that never seem to come off as legit.

I don't know. Part of me thinks the twist of breaking up the couples pretty much screwed this season and I hope the producers never do it again. We might not hate these people so much now if they'd stayed with their teammates. Breaking up the couples seemed to mostly end up creating ugliness. I'm not saying that Conda wouldn't have remained heinous. But she might have had less influence with her sneaky whisper campaigns and gameplay. Conda and Jeremy might have been like that awful Melissa and Lance from whatever season, a similar dynamic with a MacBethian vibe, obnoxious, but gone soon enough that I didn't have to be overly annoyed by them. But busting up these teams left members vulnerable to Conda wielding whatever creepy influence she has (with everyone saying she's like a daughter or sister, she must have done something to ingratiate herself, though we see her as vile). I just hate this as I always look forward to the couple BLs. They're always so much more emotional and sweet and uplifting.

Not this time. I don't much like anyone left with their games.

Anyway, I guess I'm on Team Kim. Anything other than the Britt Brats. She's the lesser of three evils here.

loki1957

loki1957

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:cats, photography, cooking

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Yeah, me too. I saw in the new TV Guide a photo of Conda and Kim holding hands. Hopefully that means pepperoni tits is out by that time. One can only hope.

flingle

flingle

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

But busting up these teams left members vulnerable to Conda wielding whatever creepy influence she has

This is something I still don't understand. How did she sway so many people to make stupid decisions that were often not in their best interest? What have we not been shown? She obviously was able to build up an incredible amount of loyalty among both sides, but I have no idea how.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

Wow, I don't think there's ever been three less deserving finalists in the Biggest Loser. I can't believe that Jeremy really came in 5th in that 100m sprint. There's no way he didn't really come in last place. This eisode just sums up the whole season really.... disappointing, huge let down, nasty people winning.

Is it possible that none of these bitches could win?? Please?!!??

Jeremy should have lost deliberately... he would have had a really good shot for the at-home prize.

Also, I think the Aqua team need to sppechify less and exercise more! Disappointing results for them. I expected them to go home and kick butt!

randomname1

randomname1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

I'm pretty sure the tv guide pic was from this week--I thought I even recognized the moment near the start of the episode.

Edited by randomname1, Apr 27, 2012 @ 12:48 PM.

Ms Chicklet

Ms Chicklet

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Well, that sucked.

The only silver lining in this is that, as long as Kim stays on track, Conda and Jeremy will have ruined their reputations on national television only to come up empty-handed.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

Wow, I don't think there's ever been three less deserving finalists in the Biggest Loser. I can't believe that Jeremy really came in 5th in that 100m sprint. There's no way he didn't really come in last place. This eisode just sums up the whole season really.... disappointing, huge let down, nasty people winning.

While I agree that the season sucks, and I'm not a Kim fan, I can't deny that she belongs in the finals. She has literally worked her ass off. Every week, she showed up and did her homework. There were plenty of weeks where she could have been voted off, but was the biggest loser on her team. Despite her attitude, if Kim doesn't belong on that finals stage, I don't know who does. Certainly not Conda.

Jeremy should have lost deliberately... he would have had a really good shot for the at-home prize.

I think he's betting that he can grab the big prize. Unlike Conda, he actually has a shot at it.

Also, I think the Aqua team need to sppechify less and exercise more! Disappointing results for them. I expected them to go home and kick butt!

I don't recall Team Aqua speechifying any time recently, if ever (well, maybe Adrian a little bit ;) .

I be Adrian and Daphne are so over Biggest Loser that it isn't even funny. They didn't look thrilled at all to be back on the ranch. Why go all out for a cause they care nothing about anymore? I mean, what normal person loses weight at the rate that folks on the ranch do? By all accounts, they're working out in the gym and eating healthily and losing weight the normal way. If it doesn't make them Biggest Loser at-home winners, then what do they care? They're already winners at home with their families and in their communities.

Personally, I don't blame them for refusing to go all-out to win a prize from an experience that's burned them. Winning even the at-home prize would mean speaking appearances and representing BL - a cause they likely no longer believe in nor wish to advocate.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

• Interests:Facebook: Jaclyn Holland-Strauss
    Twitter: JaclynHStrauss or Flirtycatherine
    My website is for those who are interested in blogs on pop culture, religion, philosophy, health, humour, politics, etc. I have polls, information on the Illuminati, tv shows, etc. I also have tips on how to improve your writing, along with tips for how to do better in school. There are also samples of my own writing.I hope you enjoy!

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

If only we'd had Paul Revere at the beginning of the season warning us that the Britts are coming, the Britts are coming!

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 7:12 AM

Are these people aware that Biggest Loser did a whole SEASON on second chances? Or did I just hallucinate Season Eight, when Biggest Loser gave Abby Rike, the mom who'd lost her husband, little girl, and two week old baby in a car accident, a second chance to live fully again? I miss that kind of inspiration. Weight loss is all about second, third, fourth, and fifth chances - it's about picking up and getting back in the game. And second chances are inherently about mercy, grace, and forgiveness, but I guess our pastors forgot all that stuff.

It's not only Conda and Jeremy who are so against second chances; Kim has interviewed quite a bit, both when the Aqua team was brought back, and at the most recent twist, that second chances are not "fair" (why does this cast act like kindergarteners?); I was just beginning to warm up to Kim the slightest bit (to me, she has always been as vile as Conda), when during the walkout, she started to get into her major bitch/nasty mode talking about the injustice of people being brought back. Given that it was almost her and Emily going home, you'd think she'd have been more understanding. But no, she's a cruel, self-centered bitch who is unable to empathize. These people complaining about the "principle" of second chances gets to me like none other; they would in no way complain if they were the ones being given the second chance. And Jeremy should have declined to participate in the challenge to get into the finals, saying, "I'm sorry, but I was fairly eliminated, and I can't violate my principles by coming back and taking another chance." He said, "I just feel that it's wrong" when there was talk of eliminated players coming back, and he should have said the same exact thing when presented with his opportunity to re-enter the game. The hypocrisy is like no other.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 9:05 AM

Hi - I know next week is the finale, but it's only one hour. If they are not going to have the marathon, what are they going to do? I can only imagine that it will be the final weigh in of the 20 contestants (though - minus the quitters); and probably the tale of the "journeys" (clips of past shows); and maybe some past season contestants. Or maybe not? What are they going to do? I really feel them not making them do the marathon sucks because that would have been a real challenge, however, they probably had to dumb down the last few challenges (i.e. the puzzle solving last week); and standing on one foot for 3 hours in the cold, I suppose that might not take as much strength as the marathon.

So what can we look forward to? I JUST KNOW it will be a pic or two of Pepperoni's famous Titties! I will make sure I am not eating when that happens.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

I know next week is the finale, but it's only one hour. If they are not going to have the marathon, what are they going to do?

So what can we look forward to? I JUST KNOW it will be a pic or two of Pepperoni's famous Titties! I will make sure I am not eating when that happens.

By all accounts, it will be just like any other live finale - contestants coming out dressed up (with most of the women wearing unflattering dresses), Allison talks to them in groups of 3 or 4, focusing on some contestants more than others. They weight in contestants for the at-home prize, crown that winner, and then get on to talking to the finalists and getting their weight, etc.

There hasn't been a marathon every season, although when there was, it usually involved the contestants who were left - not bringing back all the eliminated contestants for a prize like they did last season.

OK, to simplify, pretend this season and last season don't exist - only focusing on the other seasons. Yes, there a marathon at some point - usually with the last 4 contestants or so. If I recall correctly, they are sent home and then return to the ranch a few weeks later for the marathon and last weigh-in before the finale, in order to decide the 2 automatic finalists.

Once this final four gets back to the ranch, there's a weigh-in. The 2 biggest losers are automatically through to the finals. The other finalist is chosen some other 'gimmicky' way.

Many years, it's been through America's vote - people can call in or vote online who they want to see in the finals.

Last season, it just so happened to be that the marathon chose one of the finalists - Ramon. The other 3 contestants left had a weigh-in to determine which 2 would go through to the finale.

This makes it seem even stupider that Jeremy got so upset about not automatically getting a spot in the finals. Every season, ONLY the people that place in the top two in the weigh-in are automatically through. He didn't, so tough luck for him, but I guess he thinks he's a special flower.

So, yes. Long story short - there's no marathon this season, there was never a marathon advertised for this season (whether for the final 4 or all of the contestants), and it't just as well, because most of them didn't look like they could have managed it at all.

Edited by fivestone, Apr 28, 2012 @ 11:57 AM.

cosmic1

cosmic1

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 4:58 PM

I was rooting for someone to knock Jeremy out of the finals, but then I thought it might not be a bad thing. So, I hope that Kim wins it all and Conda and Jeremy get nothing. He was an idiot for not throwing the final competition - or refusing to participate on the grounds that it was 'unfair.' He had the highest percentage of weight loss among the eliminated contestants and would have been the front runner for the at home prize. I guess he is not a master strategist, LOL.

I hope that Mike wins the at home prize. He looks great and has really turned things around.

If the finale is only an hour, I'm wondering how the heck they are going to get through all the former contestant weigh ins and then the final weigh in. They are going to moving fast through all of that. I hope they make the right changes, because if next season looks like it is going to be like this, I'll be saying good bye to the Biggest Loser too.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

If the finale is only an hour, I'm wondering how the heck they are going to get through all the former contestant weigh ins and then the final weigh in. They are going to moving fast through all of that.

Maybe they'll do like they did last season. The contestants are of course weighed ahead of time. Last season, they brought people up in groups of 3 or 4, and only the person who had the highest weight out of each group was put in workout clothes on the scale. I think last year's finale was only an hour as well. It makes sense - we can already tell from looking at some people that they haven't lost much since they were eliminated, much less since we saw them last episode. Best to save the scale moments for the people with the highest loss.

Edited by fivestone, Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:37 PM.

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

Jeremy should have declined to participate in the challenge to get into the finals, saying, "I'm sorry, but I was fairly eliminated, and I can't violate my principles by coming back and taking another chance." He said, "I just feel that it's wrong" when there was talk of eliminated players coming back, and he should have said the same exact thing when presented with his opportunity to re-enter the game. The hypocrisy is like no other.

I think his tortured reasoning goes something like this. When he was eliminated, that was unfair because he'd made it to final three, and that should have been it. When he won his way back to the final three, that was just righting the wrong that had been done to him by imposing the red line and giving the other eliminated players a chance to win that spot the red line had knocked him out of. Now, if Jeremy's foot had dropped down before Mike's did, giving that third spot to Mike, I am sure Jeremy would have wailed how double-unfair it all was.

This is of course nonsense and stinks of hypocrisy, but I am pretty sure this is how Jeremy was thinking (or what passes for thinking in his pinhead).

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

Just watched this late.

I saw a person holding a sign that said "We [heart] Conda" in the crowd scene at the end.

I found myself wondering why the camera didn't pull back and show the gun pointed at that person's head.