S25 Spoilers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

304 replies to this topic

ratherbereading

ratherbereading

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 7:42 PM

KateD

According to this from the reunion show thread

According to Probst's Q&A over at EW, filming for the Phillipines season just wrapped. Which makes me happy to see Colton fat and looking like he hasn't been missing any meals

Of course we now know that isn't because he was fattening up for Season 25 or because he got booted early from Season 25.

Maybe he is fattening up for Season 26? I doubt it is the meds he was on for his stomach virus since that was months ago.

*prays to <insert deity of your choice> that he is never ever allowed back on Survivor* I would rather see either Hantz back than Colturd and I loathe both of the Hantz's. Although I feel some pity for Hantz the Younger as well. He clearly has a truckload of issues he needs to deal with.

Clearly I need to rewatch Cook Islands and Australian Outback to prep for Season 25.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

Why was Jonathan even considered? Sure, he was evacuated, but that season came after the one in which he was voted out fair and square.

Unconditional

Unconditional

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

Why was Jonathan even considered? Sure, he was evacuated, but that season came after the one in which he was voted out fair and square.

Because returnee or not he is by far the most popular contestant that has ever left a season due to injury. I'm one of the biggest Michael Skupin fans in the world but production would be taking a huge risk trying to amp this season by bringing back him, Swan, and say Gary from Fiji. Putting Penner on the ticket so to speak is marketing genius.

They don't care if people have lost the game before. Everyone that's ever played has lost the game, aside from Sandra of course.

orangepenguin

orangepenguin

Fanatic

• Interests:You know.. penguin stuff.

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 2:33 AM

Only checked the thread to see if Colton was coming back for 25 and so happy he was not chosen. If he was, I would've been mad, because Kourtney (who didn't even get a chance to play, although I doubt she'd last long anyways) deserved to be brought back before he did.

Glad Mike and Jonathan are coming back. I never liked Russell S. in his original season, I thought he was a terrible leader, so I wasn't too upset when he got medi-vacced (as heartless as that sounds), so his selection doesn't excite me at all. But I'll take him over Colton or them finding another excuse to bring back James from China (since he got medivacced so I guess he'd qualify). The only other contestants would've been Bruce (too old), Gary (too fat/too old), Joe (too boring), and Mike (too old), so Russell, Jonathan, and Mike make the most sense (although Colton would've been a good move too, ratings wise).

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

Because returnee or not he is by far the most popular contestant that has ever left a season due to injury.

In certain communities (like this one), this is true, but I think overall James is (based on his back to back player of the season wins).

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Jun 22, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

I was reading an article about how Jeff Kent may be on the next season and in the article it also speculated that Lisa Whelchel(Blair from the Facts of Life) might be on the show as well.

Here is a link to the article:It seems that most articles that are talking about Kent are talking about her as well.

When I was a little kid, I had a huge crush on Blair so seeing her on Survivor is going to be awesome.

Adubz

Adubz

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 5:09 PM

I think he was exactly good enough of a player to come in seventh on a season featuring two and a half bona fide Survivor legends

Ok, obviously Ozzie and Parvati are the two (full?) legends, but who is the half? I would actually consider Penner himself to be the third legend from that season. Yul was awesome and more memorable than most winners, but hasn't seemed to stand the test of time that some of the more outlandish characters have mastered.

I need to re-watch FvF, but it didn't seem to me like he was as strong in that as remembered. His initial alliance was with Yau-man, who was voted off early. Leaving who, Eliza? As for bonding with the fans, they seemed to shun all people over the age of 30, so I don't think he would have done too well with them either.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Jun 23, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I was referring to Yul and Parvati, with Ozzy as the half - meaning "legend" more in the sense of how good they were at the game, not how famous they've remained as characters. Yul's awesome.

Also, much as I hate spoilers, I just checked back in here to see if there was any confirmation that Jeff Kent is playing. Glad to see it looks like he is. Agreed with many people above: dude has serious potential as a capital-V Villain. If he had a sense of humour, he'd pretend to be a landscaper named Gary Hawkins...but if he had a sense of humour, he wouldn't have been cast.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 3:21 PM

•Final 5 is said to consist of 3 women (1 Brazilian, 2 Caucasian) and 2 men (one older, one younger)

•FINAL 3 is said to be the brazilian girl Leeza (Liza?)Rodriguez, Sara Denise Valdez, and Mike Skupin. Sara was a top 10 Sears finalist from a year ago named Sara Denise, but after getting married she goes by Denise, I believe.

•Mike Skupin is the speculated winner.

Well after looking over the new cast I do not see a Leeza or Sara in the cast. There is a Sarah but her last name is Dawson so I guess the final three might be wrong name wise. In the Season 26 Spoiler thread it is said that Malcolm would return so I am wondering if he was the younger man in the final five.

Edited by BK1978, Aug 20, 2012 @ 3:23 PM.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 5:10 PM

Over on Sucks, Beatlebum eventually clarified that his source got the names slightly incorrect. According to him, the final 3 is Denise, Lisa and Mike, with Abi and Malcom rounding out the final 5. There is a Sarah Dawson in the cast (the CBS page lists her as Dawson for some reason), but she doesn't appear to be part of this group.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

Wow! If that F3 does turn out to be true, I can see this being the oldest collective F3 ever, with Gabon having the second-oldest one.

So on which tribe is each returnee going to be placed? Who's gonna be on the tribe that goes untouched pre-merge?

ETA: Never mind. Mike's tribe goes untouched before the merge (yay!), Russell's tribe has four people (yay!), and Jonathan has only two (yay -- don't like him much!).

Most notably that former MLB player and 5 time all star Jeff Kent is on and most likely on Penner's tribe.

This part has turned out to be true. The tribal layouts have been given on Sucks, and he is, in fact, on Jonathan's tribe.

Edited by Jyn, Aug 20, 2012 @ 6:36 PM.

BML1980

BML1980

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 20, 2012 @ 6:42 PM

Tadang: (Goes into the merge with 6): Mike, Abi, Artis, Lisa, Pete, Roberta

Matsing (Goes into the merge with 4): Penner, Carter, Dana, Jeff, Katie, Sarah

Kalabaw (Goes into the merge with 2): Russell, Angelia, Denise, Malcom, Roxanne, Zane

So, the only people from Kalabaw who make the merge, according to spoilers, are Denise and Malcom, as they are part of the final 5. Matsing is a little less certain, but we know at least Penner makes it to the merge (rumoured to be 6th or 7th place), so two of the newbies are out pre-merge. Obviously, Tadang stays in tact.

I like that at least there seems to be some sort of shakeup with alliances at the merge, as the Final 6 or so contain members from each tribe.

ETA: There still seems to be confusion as to whether it's Matsing or Kalabaw that goes into the merge with only two members, so we might just have to wait and see.

Edited by BML1980, Aug 20, 2012 @ 6:44 PM.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 22, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

While he's not sure of the exact order, Jim Early (aka missyae) has a projected look at when everyone gets ousted. And apparently, from what he knows, the only returnee not to make the merge or jury is Russell. In a lot of ways, not surprising.

Pre-Merge Boots:
Angie
Dana
Katie
Roxy
Russell
Zane

Pre-Merge/Jury Boots:
Abi-Maria
Artis
Carter
Dawson
Jeff
Jonathan
Malcolm
Pete
R.C.

F3:
Denise
Lisa
Mike

Also, beatlebum says that the F7-F4 boots are:

Pete
Jonathan
Abi-Maria
Malcolm

. . . in that order. He's not sure about the order of the other five post-merge boots, though.

At least it doesn't look like it'll be a straight-up Pagonging post-merge, at least, which would be nice.

Edited by Jyn, Aug 22, 2012 @ 8:59 PM.

snoopythecat

snoopythecat

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 28, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

So if the spoilers are accurate, the F3 comprises two deeply devout Christians and a sex therapist. I'm quite intrigued to see how that all goes down.

ETA: I'm not suggesting that the two have to be mutually exclusive. But given that Christianity, particularly evangelical Christianity, traditionally favors a more restrained approach to sex and sexuality, I'm curious to see how these players' worldviews align.

Edited by snoopythecat, Aug 28, 2012 @ 9:47 PM.

NilesSobek

NilesSobek

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 4:58 AM

So apparently, according to some Sucksters who analyzed some vidcaps from a promo, Kalabaw (Jonathan's tribe) is seen celebrating at a challenge in the first episode, signifying that they either win it or place second and thus avoid Tribal Council. Given that Tandang (Mike's tribe) actually manages to survive to the merge with absolutely no Tribal Council visits (and thus no tribe member vote-offs), this means that Matsing (Russell's tribe) is going to the first Tribal Council.

At this first Tribal Council, speculation was being thrown everywhere that Angie basically had "first boot" written all over her. However, new evidence from previews of later challenges showed that Angie may have been seen in a future challange tugging on ropes, along with Roxy. So both have been ruled out. And Denise and Malcolm have also been ruled out due to their definite longevity in the game.

In other words, it's actually down to either Zane or Russell for the first boot. Zane seems to be the more likely boot, but you still cannot rule out the tribe wanting to get its returnee out.

Personally, I think it could be Zane since he's apparently a smoker and doesn't look as fit as Russell. But the premiere will show us for sure.

In either case, whether it's Zane or Russell who gets the boot first, it is high time that a man finally goes home first again. Over the last eight seasons, it's been a woman -- Michelle (Gabon), Carolina (Tocantins), Marisa (Samoa), Sugar (Heroes vs. Villains), Wendy (Nicaragua), Francesca (Redemption Island), Semhar (South Pacific), and Kourtney (One World). Jonny Fairplay was the last man to go home first, way back in Micronesia, which was nine seasons ago! Can't believe it'll have taken that long to break the streak of women leaving first!

Edited by NilesSobek, Sep 20, 2012 @ 1:14 AM.

Stoneracket

Stoneracket

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Hiking, biking, SF novels and films and cats!

Posted Sep 8, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

So if the spoilers are accurate, the F3 comprises two deeply devout Christians and a sex therapist. I'm quite intrigued to see how that all goes down.

The sex therapist is actually from my state and I'm very interested in how she plays the game strategically with people from my Faith. It will be most interesting, indeed.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:16 AM

So after watchng tonight's show? The spoilered final three of Lisa, Mike and Denise? Love. Hope this is true, because I can't wait to see how this plays out. I haven't seen any spoilers debunked, although it is only one episode. I'll be sitting here, crossing my fingers.

Destrid

Destrid

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 6:39 AM

katesus7
So after watchng tonight's show? The spoilered final three of Lisa, Mike and Denise?

I dearly hope this is true. I don't really care how Lisa does, but the hilarity that will ensue week after week as people lose their shit about her staying will be wildly entertaining. "But...she hot sauces! Mrs. Garrett would never hot sauce!"

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 6:50 AM

The top 4 spoiler definitely makes sense to me, with Malcolm and Denise forming an early alliance, and Skupin clearly being on Lisa's side. How Abi-Maria ends up 5th, I have no idea. Maybe she really IS the second coming of Parvati, who made it further than expected in the Cooks.

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

from post #43
Pre-Merge Boots:
Angie
...[snipped 3]
Russell
Zane

Pre-Merge/Jury Boots:
Abi-Maria
....[snipped 7]
R.C.

I love spoiler lists. I print them and follow them through the game. Am I correct in assuming - since Zane was the first boot - that these two lists should be read from the bottom up? So on the second list R.C. will be the first post merge boot, and Abi-Maria the last? Jyn posted that Missyea did say he wasn't sure of the order.

kscatlvr2001

kscatlvr2001

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 20, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

Am I correct in assuming - since Zane was the first boot - that these two lists should be read from the bottom up?

The way I read the post regarding the spoiler list was that the person who originated the list was not sure of the boot order, only that those are the people who go pre-merge or pre-jury/jury.

BK1978

BK1978

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 12:40 AM

I wonder if the Kalabaw Tribe gets broken up at some point before the merge, like they did with Rupert's team on All-Stars. Maybe that is how Denise and Malcolm make it so far into the game. I am just saying that because I find it hard to believe that they would keep it three tribes up until the merge. Especially when one team loses all but two players.

DileChordata

DileChordata

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 12:58 AM

I'm thinking the same thing -- a dissolution of one of the losing tribes at a Reward Challenge, followed by an absorption into each of the two winning tribes. Could be interesting if it happens that way.

Edited by DileChordata, Sep 25, 2012 @ 8:10 PM.

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

This is more speculation based on spoilers/heresay, but I think it makes sense that Michael and Lisa stay deep into the game. Michael confirmed Wednesday that his primary alliance was with Lisa as long as he could keep her in without damaging his own game. His reason was that he trusted her and didn't think she'd ever lie to him because she was a strong Christian. He also gave a couple of examples of her being unable to lie to people if they asked her a direct question and how it made it frustrating at times to be in her alliance. He did, though, say if they had lost that first challenge, he would have had to vote against her because he didn't have the votes to save her, so why jeopardize his game.

Also, one thing I was relieved to hear is that the two of them made a conscious decision/agreement not to be in-your-face regarding their beliefs. They felt that in recent seasons, faith has gotten a bad edit and too many people prayed as strategy rather than sincerely. So they limited how much prayer/etc. happened in front of others. I guess they could still mention it a lot in confessionals, so there might still be a focus on it. But we won't be seeing those Coach style prayers week after week. I'm relieved.

legaleagle44

legaleagle44

Stalker

• Interests:Foreign language and culture study, cooking, dancing, music, reading, and television, of course!

Posted Sep 21, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

Also, one thing I was relieved to hear is that the two of them made a conscious decision/agreement not to be in-your-face regarding their beliefs. They felt that in recent seasons, faith has gotten a bad edit and too many people prayed as strategy rather than sincerely. So they limited how much prayer/etc. happened in front of others. I guess they could still mention it a lot in confessionals, so there might still be a focus on it. But we won't be seeing those Coach style prayers week after week. I'm relieved.

In other words, God can enjoy His bath-time this season.

Diana Berry

Diana Berry

Fanatic

Posted Sep 26, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

As a fellow old timer, I'm loving this F3 (if true).

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:33 AM

I'm loving this F3 (if true).

Especially since Lisa is getting such a DOA edit. I love watching and smugly saying "If you only knew......" I do think that if the yellow tribe had gone to tribal council earlier, yes, she'd be gone. But obviously she'll have time to get her game on.

So glad to see Roxy go. She was 1) useless, and 2) toxic - and not in any entertaining way.

Edited by Skycatcher, Sep 27, 2012 @ 8:36 AM.

Xazeal

Xazeal

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Denise's comment about how she was going to succeed in the game by herself and not through prayers is especially interesting since we know she's up against two very religious people in the finals. I know Lisa and Mike both implied in interviews that they tried to keep their faith out of the game, but I can't help but wonder if Denise's comment is the beginning of a story arc this season that may end with her winning because she relied on her own strength and not on her faith.

Skycatcher

Skycatcher

Fanatic

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

beginning of a story arc

Interesting idea, and if I were an editor, certainly a temptation.

I was so relieved to read that Mike and Lisa were going to keep their faith to themselves, and was completely blindsided by Roxy's Godbothering*. Sheesh!

* wish I could claim it, but I've got to credit Silent Minority, pg 1 episode thread.

DileChordata

DileChordata

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 27, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

I'm definitely thinking that Denise is probably going to be the winner, not Michael, after seeing last night's episode. Mainly because if Michael were winning, he'd have gotten at least ONE confessional last night. If a male were winning, Probst would absolutely want them to be seen as much as possible in each episode, including in confessionals. I don't think a single eventual male winner has missed an episode, confessional-wise. But female winners have. (Sandra is the one eventual female winner to have a confessional in every episode. Every other one, even Kim, who dominated One World, missed at least one episode.)

Edited by DileChordata, Sep 27, 2012 @ 6:24 PM.