12-9: "Puppet Up" 2012.04.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

225 replies to this topic

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

I find it VERY hard to believe that Lisa is a member of Mensa, and even if she really is a bona fide member, a person's intellectual IQ and EMOTIONAL IQ are two completely different things. I'd much rather deal with someone who has a high Emotional IQ any day of the week.

I doubt she is Mensa member too. I hope she is not because she is giving Mensa members a bad name. If I were them, I would kick her out.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

Maybe she thinks Mensa is a menopause support group.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

Lisa didn't say she was a member of Mensa, but maybe she knows one. Members can bring guests to meetings. They also invite people to perform or speak on various topics. Although, if you take another look at what Lisa said, the reason why she wouldn't be seeing Dayana at a meeting, could also be that Lisa herself would never be at one. You'd think that after so many years of insulting people, Lisa could do so in an unambiguous way.

backformore

backformore

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 11:54 PM

Now that I think of ut, if Lisa would have put aside her jealousy and listened to Dyana and incorporated her ideas, Lisa wouldn't have contributed to the team losing so many times. She is definitely a big loser.

Right. If Lisa were half as smart as she thinks she is, she would have let herself listen to Dayana's ideas and evaluate each idea independently of who it came from. All along, any idea that came from Dayana was viewed as a stupid idea BECAUSE it came from Dayana. Lisa and Aubrey rolled their eyes at anything Dayana said. Lisa's opinion is that women can be either gorgeous OR smart. Beautiful women make her feel inferior, so she has to combat that with the thought she is 10 times smarter than the beautiful woman.

Lisa should have been fired. She refuses to take ideas from Dayana, then refuses to assign her anything to do, and finally, puts down her contribution as meaningless. Lisa is a BAD project manager.

And she's a bad human being.

Sugarwater

Sugarwater

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:30 AM

There have been many interviews and tweets from Lisa lately, but Dayana doesn't appear to be chiming in, at least not through the media. Have I missed it, or is she being her usual sit-back-and-let-them-show-their-own-ass self?

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:44 AM

Dayana doesn't have any bad behavior to defend.

operasinger

operasinger

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

There have been many interviews and tweets from Lisa lately, but Dayana doesn't appear to be chiming in, at least not through the media. Have I missed it, or is she being her usual sit-back-and-let-them-show-their-own-ass self?

The only response that Dayana has made to any recent comments by Lampinelli is in response to the following:

Lampinelli:

"I actually would love to see [Dayana] giving birth. She's a spic! She's going to do it f---ing soon, anyway," Lampanelli said during the interview. "She'll be knocked up before the end of the week."

Dayana's response:

"I understand that it's Lisa's job to make fun of people for a living," Mendoza tells the Huffington Post. "If poking fun at me can help her sell tickets to her shows, no problem, I am happy to help her put food on her table. However, when she uses racial slurs, she is not only targeting myself but degrading an entire Hispanic culture."

IMO, Dayana's response is absolute perfection. The implication that she's actually helping to feed Lampinelli is priceless, not to mention calling Lampinelli out on being racist in one very clearly stated sentence.

Edited by operasinger, Apr 20, 2012 @ 3:02 PM.

CharlieMarlowe

CharlieMarlowe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:55 AM

Oh that Lisa, always tossing out the "negs", hoping Dayana will notice her. I would like to see Lisa give birth, providing that an exorcist is on hand. Lisa has boxed herself in with the dynamic that she started and from which cannot extricate herself: That Dayana is of limited capabilites and therefore someone not to be listened to, and Lisa is the creative mind whose ideas and work carry the task, regardless of the unsuccessful outcomes. We, the audience, get to witness the slow implosion of Lisa. Historian Barbara Tuchman would call this the "March of Folly" where a person or persons continue to engage in self-destructive actions that they know will lead to catastrophe and yet cannot stop themselves.

Edited by CharlieMarlowe, Apr 20, 2012 @ 4:27 PM.

Unanimous

Unanimous

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 10:32 AM

I don't have much to add to the comments here.

I enjoyed this show and would have liked to see more of the improv skits. Clay was very impressive and outshone Lisa. Teresa was clearly way out of her element and Arsenio was good, but not notably so. Aubrey was her usual self-centered, narcissistic self, but just not as openly so. I thought that Paul was definitely ready to leave and his post-show interviews confirmed that. I thought that he left with his dignity intact (no small feat in a show like this) and I have a good impression of him.

I join others in believing that Lisa really is a disgusting person in real life (not just in her act), but one who is also suffering from bona fide mental/emotional issues. Maybe, she will seek help if she finally realizes her problems, but considering that on twitter she was blocking anyone, no matter how rational, who objected to her racist comments against Latinos, I have my doubts. For her, the only thing that will make her reconsider her actions is if her career fails badly (she made a comment on twitter about "crying on her bags of money"). IMO, especially with the issue of bullying and its tragic consequences so prominent in today's social climate, there really is no place for Lisa's kind of humor that validates the idea that racial and homophobic slurs and ridicule are funny. It just needs to stop.

In regards to this and other posts about boardroom, we really do not know what is said in the boardroom. A lot is cut out and edited so sometimes when I am yelling at my t.v. saying "TELL TRUMP WHAT HAPPENED!!! WTF!!!!" or whatever, I have to remind myself that maybe they did and they just did not show it. The same goes for some of the weird things that happen and we wonder why someone got fired or whatever. Well, its probably because we don't get to see everything and they want certain people to appear a certain way.

I wish we could see the footage uncut.

Not only is editing out footage used to create perception, but editing in footage that is out of context is another way to shape the story that the producers want to tell. The confessionals are normally shot after the task, but before the boardroom, but that's not always the case. Seeing all of the footage would be more informative, but still not tell the entire story, since incidents not captured on camera would not be included. That would include the off camera strategizing and discussion that contestants engaged in that Aubrey talked about in her AfterBuzz interview.

At this point, of the remaining contestants, Penn isn't really cooperating with the "rules" of the game and giving the producers anything "interesting" to work with, so I'm betting that he's the next one to leave. Or perhaps Teresa is next, as I don't really know what she's still around.

Maneater

Maneater

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 11:28 AM

I predict that Clay wins the whole thing. So far unless he gets the bad edit in up and coming episodes he is the most valuable player IMHO.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

Clay was very impressive and outshone Lisa.

Apparently, since he was asked, attended, and participated in last night's show of StuffedUnstrung in Durham. :)

princelina

princelina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

Is there any task where Dayana hasn't expected to be front and center? IMO she was very disrespectful of Clay, Lisa and Penn with her whole "I should be on stage because I have this entire year's experience with imrpov."

I took her remarks in the van not to mean that she SHOULD but rather COULD do that task. (A claim that Teresa and Paul, for example, could not make, and something that the others probably did not know about her.) As a good PM, Lisa could have use her mad improv skillz to draw Dayana into a little improv rif right there on the van to test her out, but instead she was all "How dare she presume?"

Hard Cider

Hard Cider

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

Lisa claimed that she has 22 years experience of improv. Hmmmmm... I think she may actually have 1 years experience 22 times.

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:33 PM

Is there any task where Dayana hasn't expected to be front and center? IMO she was very disrespectful of Clay, Lisa and Penn with her whole "I should be on stage because I have this entire year's experience with imrpov."

Well, except that she didn't really put it in the form of a demand, as you are implying. Lisa (and I guess you) have reinterpreted it that way. Also, I'm not clear how its "disrespectful", other than perhaps in Lisa's imagination. She didn't say (or even imply) that she was MORE qualified than any of them, just that she wasn't a total novice, and thus might be useful as an additional resource. Unless there were rules to this we didn't hear about on-screen, there wasn't really any limit to the number of people who they could put up on stage (other than the fact that we know they were directed to build two new puppets). But even if there WAS a two person limit to go along with that, it still wasn't disrespectful to put herself forward. Annoying? Maybe we can concede that. Just as it was annoying that Lou and his 110% always put himself forward. But even on an annoyingness scale, Dayana was far less than Lou, because unlike him, her manner wasn't relentless and completely absent of the normal social cues. Dayana was polite, and at least initially very accepting of being refused. It was only later, when it became clear that she was being isolated so that she could be put down later in the boardroom for non-contribution, that she stepped up her efforts to grab at least a small part of every challenge.

LennieB

LennieB

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

Lisa couldn't have been fired, since her team won. At this point, though, she is a caricature.

Clay was very funny! That extra "dottir" plus its timing was great! And he is gifted at voices.

Teresa is dimmer than a burnt-out bulb. Man, she didn't know what a syllable is, didn't know a childhood rhyme, and had trouble with moving a skit along. A human DUH.

But Paul, Sr., was revealed as the lump-with-moneyed-friends he is. So Buh-BYE!

annakam

annakam

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

I thought Lisa was an ass to (deliberately, IMO) conflate Dayana's reasonable request not to be sidelined with "I want to be the STAR!" That clearly wasn't what Dayana was saying. And Lisa losing her shit over Dayana several times this season just shows how much Dayana has gotten under her skin. Like many posters here, I hate to go to the "jealous of the pretty girl" angle, but that's what it really seems to be. It's pathetic.

I've never paid much attention to Clay, and I'll never be a fan of his music, but he's impressing me here. I hope he's gotten over the Penn thing so I can fully root for him.

Edited by annakam, Apr 22, 2012 @ 8:21 PM.