12-9: "Puppet Up" 2012.04.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

225 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

This week, the teams must create their own puppets and perform in front of a live audience for Henson Alternative's "Stuffed and Unstrung" improv show. One outspoken Celebrity struggles to be a team player. On the other team, another Celebrity fights for a role in the task, but is marginalized and has a breakdown. Both teams put their improvisational skills to the test, but only one is declared the winner and another Celebrity hears Donald Trump's dreaded words, "You're fired!"

bawarner

bawarner

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

I just have no words left for Lisa or Aubrey. Well I have a few but I don't think I can actually use them in this forum.

Meanwhile Dayana manages to come through yet another episode outclassing Lisa. Though with every passing week that looks like less of an accomplishment 'cause I've got weeds in my yard with more class than Lisa.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

So Paul gets fired for not bringing back the right person, but two weeks ago, Teresa didn't get fired for not bringing back the right person. Makes sense.

I actually think that 1) Paul didn't understand that Trump was asking him who he wanted to bring back when he said Arsenio would escape this week, and 2) Paul was ready to go home anyway.

Aubrey is such a @#$%ing backseat project manager. NO ONE wanted to be manager, so Paul put himself out there for something he had no clue about how to execute. Meanwhile, Aubrey was the only one of the four who hadn't EARNED any money for her charity, but she didn't volunteer to PM but sure had a lot of criticism about Paul's leadership from the first second.

turn2theriiight

turn2theriiight

Loyal Viewer

Loved, loved, f loved Penn giving "The Office" look at the camera while Lisa was blowing up.

The Incredible Fudd would have been unintentionally great for this task, since he was a puppetish caricature 110% of the season.

If Dieaiyaieyeana wasn't so easily offended she might have talked her way into the performance by playing off her accent and ESL. Was always funny when Ricky Ricardo or Charro would get excited and flip from English into mile-a-minute Spanish. (BTW, I volunteer to shut up and look at her.)

Good gosh, any idiot can tell they didn't lose because of Arsenio's puppet. So much BS all the way around in this boardroom tonight.

George!

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

Lisa's team was the clear winner (uggh). Their improv was much better, Teresa's improv was painful, I felt bad for her because it was uncharted territories for her, and boy she was struggling.

I'm glad Paul had the WTH attitude knowing he already got 300K for his charity.

Kstel78

Kstel78

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Clay just can DO ANYTHING! He was amazing in the puppet show! The addition to Clay onto Forte was the best thing and showed you how valuable Clay is! I missed a lot of the BR because the stream was freezing so I have to watch in an hr! Bummer! *sarcasm*

Edited by Kstel78, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:07 PM.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Props to Dayanna for doing such a good job designing the puppets!

Lisa...TAKE YOUR MEDS! (And btw, Clay was funnier than you with the puppets)

Jon N

Jon N

Fanatic

• Interests:Sleeping<br />Painting (too bad don't have the time)<br />Fashion

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

Lisa...TAKE YOUR MEDS!

She seriously needs mood stabilizers, maybe Zoloft or Cymbalta might help. She goes up and down in a minute, I think she can even scare and shock people with multiple personalities and bipolar disorders.

Crucial

Crucial

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Lisa actually thought the guys should have backed her up on her tirade with Dayanna? I don't believe for one minute those were real tears from her. She's bordeline obsessive with her Dayanna hate now.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

Clay being moved to the other team definitely stacked the odds in their favor. The task might have been closer had Paul or Teresa switched.

On a side note, they insisted this task required four team members. Looked like three was more than enough to me.

kazza2

kazza2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Lisa...TAKE YOUR MEDS! (And btw, Clay was funnier than you with the puppets)

Exactly. It was painful to watch, much less imagine what it was like for Dayana to be on the receiving end of it. Frankly, I don't see how Lou threatening to throw her through a wall is any different than the verbal lashing she gave Dayana. Actually, it's different because Lou only threatened it. She actually DID it.

Dayana has nerves of steel for weathering that. And, wow, she looks great even in tears.

Liked how Penn took a walk with Dayana and chatted with her calmly. Also liked that he called her "Di". Felt like a nice team building thing to do.

Don't know Lisa's age, and I shudder to even consider this, but could she possibly be going through "the change"?

Edited by kazza2, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:18 PM.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries &amp; autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

Moved to "Lisa" thread

Edited by Bigwheels1971, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:31 PM.

Vinny Vidi Vici

Vinny Vidi Vici

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

but could she possibly be going through "the change"?

You mean like when a human changes into a werewolf? Yeah, I think that must be it.

royvac

royvac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Poor Lisa Lumpynella! Dayana is prettier, Penn is more professional, and now it seems Clay is way funnier. No wonder she's angry!

syxe

syxe

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

Now that Teresa is still in (with what happens in this show I'm NOT surprised at all) she'll have the dubious distinction of having to compete with herself (which is the reason I thought she was to be ousted from about the start of the 2nd hour) next Sunday, since her show (The Real Housewives of New Jersey) will start their season (on Bravo) then competing against Celebrity Apprentice (10:00pm EDT, in the 2nd hour). Unlike the ousted Paul Sr., that his show is on a different day (Mondays).

What kinda' bad programming timing is that? It's NBCU, after all... (the new Comcast mgmt. should be supposed to change that...)

Apart from that, Dayana should ultimately be fired 'cause she doesn't fulfill the task at hand, not because the PM doesn't give her anything to do (which is what it does seem Lisa is trying to do to the eyes of everyone...).

Of the prevailing players, IMHO, Penn, Clay and Arsenio represent the best choices to win, because of their flexibility for executing the tasks given and their popularity in more than one field (which is something that is NOT always taken into account in this program...).

ChicksDigScars

ChicksDigScars

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

If Dieaiyaieyeana wasn't so easily offended she might have talked her way into the performance by playing off her accent and ESL.

That act is working quite well for Sofia Vergara right now!

Dayana was clearly the odd man out in the task and with good reason. There are three seasoned performers on her team, two of them professional comedians with their own headlining, successful acts, and the third is a singer who has Broadway performance experience (with Monty Python, no less) and is used to improving on the stage to keep concert goers entertained between songs. Instead of whining about not being used, she should have realized (like Paul, perhaps) that this "wasn't her thing," and perhaps this is a task that she should just stay in the background on.

Aubrey, oy. It is clear that she is a strong, creative player, and instead of letting that speak for itself, she makes snotty, catty commentary for cameras, like calling a gay man a "bitchy queen" behind his back. Amazing that she represents an anti-bullying charity, yet doesn't have the self-awareness to realize what a flaming hypocrite she is for the cameras....and ALWAYS in private interviews when the victims of her vicious commentary and name calling can't hear her. Hypocritical and cowardly.

But, the narcissistic famewhore has no problem telling everyone how wonderful she is on Twitter, retweeting every positive comment she gets from followers so that everyone else will get the message, as well.

FreakyBunny

FreakyBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

I hope Clay took it all in tonight and decided that Penn isn't really a condescending meany at all especially compared to Lisa or Aubrey. Lisa looking to them for back-up was just baffling. If anything they should have backed Dayana...which is kind of what Penn did when we went out to speak to her. That might have been the sweetest moment of the series.

I know he probably won't win, but I really like Penn more and more every week. If he loses, I hope it's to Clay. Heck, even Aubrey came up roses this week compared to Lisa.

And not for nothing, I don't believe for a second that no one has ever left one of Lisa's shows angry or hurt or upset. I mean come on, just listen to her.

Edited by FreakyBunny, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:31 PM.

EmeraldRose

EmeraldRose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

I was dying laughing when they were trying to teach Teresa how to manipulate the puppet by syllables. Uhhhhhh..... they should have started by telling her what a syllable is. Moron has 2 Syllables.

Teresa remaining is making a complete ass out of Trump.

isotonerz

isotonerz

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:30 PM

How many times did Lisa say "I've been in the business 22 yrs"? I counted several. How many times Has she said "I'm one of the top comedians in the business"? Lost count.

But If I went to the intersection of any busy street, and asked how many have never heard of her, how many people would raise their hand or look puzzled? Quite a few. In fact, lots.

kanona29

kanona29

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Poor Lisa Lumpynella! Dayana is prettier, Penn is more professional, and now it seems Clay is way funnier. No wonder she's angry!

Exactly! She's always being trumped up (no pun intended) by someone else. Yet, Lisa only sees Dayana being in her way! She has a very unhealthy and warped sense of competition when it comes to Deyana.

Lisa's verbal abuse is downright scary and I wish one of her teammates would tell her to cut it out already.

Edited by kanona29, Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:35 PM.

oldandbrown

oldandbrown

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

they should have started by telling her what a syllable is. Moron has 2 Syllables.

She also did not know what an adjective is. Stupid Moron.

LakeGal

LakeGal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

I,I,I,me,me,me. That is Aubrey.

Lisa tried Aubrey's act this week. Cry in the boardroom when it wasn't going her way. And just like Aubrey when she claimed she was being bullied and turned to Teresa for help. Lisa wanted the guys to stand up for her. This is insane. The 2 biggest bullies on the show and they expect others to stand up for them. They bully and then play the victim.

Lisa's treatment of Dayana was dreadful. She should be fired for that alone. I was hoping Lou would return and throw her into that wall.

My nightmare is Lisa and Aubrey as the final 2. At least I wouldn't have to waste my time watching this show because that is more than I could handle.

ilovecomputers

ilovecomputers

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:54 PM

Trump has talked a couple of times about the brutal roasting he received at Lisa's hands, so perhaps he is using this "opportunity" for Lisa to get his revenge. Last weekend when Lisa and Dayana left the boardroom I noticed the camera zoomed in on their exit--tall and trim Dayana followed by short and dumpy Lisa. Tonight's episode showed a totally unreasonable, shrieking Lisa and and Dayana, beautiful (as someone else pointed out) even when she is in tears. I can't stand Lisa anymore. I'm hoping she loses out on some endorsements and career opportunities when people see the "real Lisa" on this show. Can't wait for her to be fired. Has Aubrey ever been a PM? Why did she not step up to be PM this time? She's obviously an expert on everything.

Josy

Josy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I'm torn on the Dayanna/Lisa dynamic. On the one hand, it seems like Lisa resents Dayanna for breathing, practically. I truly don't understand the venom Lisa has for her. On the other hand, I don't really see people defending Dayanna either, so I wonder if maybe they agree with Lisa's general sentiments but because she's so mean towards her that nobody else wants to pile on Dayanna because they feel sorry for her?

I don't see why anybody should feel sorry for Dayana. She's stunning, educated, funny, intelligent...she's everything Lisa is not!

As a Latina I was disgusted with Lisa's attitude tonight. She was disrespectful to our people and culture. I thought I hated the bitch, but I just simply feel sorry for her. Is really clear that behind the "comedian act" lives an insecure women with many unresolved issues.

I simply don't understand why so much hate. Let me tell you something Lisa, you call Dayana stupid but guess what?You are the biggest idiot of all!!! You are a classless women who thinks the world revolt around you. If anyone tries to think differently then they are morons who doesn't know anything. Who do you think you are???

Lastly you have been using the language barrier against Dayana constantly during the show, let me ask you something: Puedes tú comunicarte en Español o en algún otro idioma que no sea el tuyo? I think not.

kkowalski

kkowalski

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:59 PM

I saw Dayana as getting the short end of the stick - if she didn't do anything Lisa would say, she didn't do anything and brought nothing to the task.

Funny, Clay suggested that maybe Dayana could help with the puppets or bring out the box and Lisa attacks Dayana for always wanting to be in front of the camera. That change was incredible - 0 to 60 is right, Clay. I'm disappointed in both Clay and Penn for not saying something, and I really thought Penn's going out wasn't exactly supportive of Dayana very much. He didn't offer encouragement, he didn't say that tirade was uncalled for. He just listened, which is a good thing in general, but in this case, a little more was needed, IMO.

Lisa and Aubrey are really pieces of work and are there for shock value now, IMO. Aubrey comes off a little better because she actually does have good ideas and is creative, but the backstabbing... ugh. I came to the show late so I don't really know what Lisa brings to the table. I think that her attitude and temper outweigh anything she might bring.

I really hate Donald Trump, but love Ivanka. Smart, intelligent, poised and beautiful - she seems to be the complete package, depending on how she is personally.

Fallacy

Fallacy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:07 PM

Both Dayana and Paul had nothing to do during the performance because there was only room for three people on that stage. The difference is Dayana did a wonderful job making the puppets and listened to the Henson folks tell the teams to make puppets that could fit into many situations. Arsenio and Teresa obviously didn't get that memo, and Paul is partially to blame for that since he didn't do squat the entire task. In the end, Paul's team lost because the puppets were too specific and because Teresa wasn't that great up there, especially when compared to Lisa (a professional comedian)and Clay (a professional singer/entertainer). Had Paul been able to speak up in the boardroom and point out that Teresa broke the rules during the performance several times, he might have been able to save himself. But he basically checked out from the start of the task and ended up going hone because he gave lousy boardroom, so he deserved to go

Dayana was being silly for asking about if she could be on stage during the performance ten minutes before the show, but Lisa way overreacted yet again. Lisa should have said, "Dayana, they were very clear that we are to have two puppeteers and one host, so nope, there's no place for you on stage this time. However, you did a beautiful job creating the puppets so you've already successfully contributed to the task. Now it's time for you to just enjoy the show." Had Lisa responded like that, she would have made the point she was trying to make, which is that Dayana was being stupid for asking that question in that moment, but she also could have respected Dayana enough to give her credit for what Dayana did accomplish. But nope, Lisa hates Dayana so she completely blew up again. And yes, asking Clay and Penn for back up was so ridiculous.

I thought Aubrey was fine this week. She did a great job as host and even Arsenio complimented her on her "teamwork" so clearly she worked on being less overbearing this task. I'm sure she'll be insanely obnoxious again next week, but she didn't bug me this week at all. Aubrey is a shit talking, egomaniac, but they all are, with the exception of Penn and Paul, in my opinion. They all talk shit to the camera about the other players and they all think they are wonderfully creative and talented people, so I don't get too worked up about Aubrey.

CharlieMarlowe

CharlieMarlowe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

I can't recall Lisa, the comedienne, ever doing or saying anything funny on this show. Dayana, on the other hand, has a gift for observational humour with her great mockery of Lisa: Bleep, bleep, bleep last week and Wahhh, Mr Trump, waaahhh, waaah this week.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Oh, yeah, I forgot the part where Trump claimed that people were going to see what a softy and great person Lisa was when this was all over while she was crying in the BR. His Machiavelli-level genius plan to let her expose herself for the hate-filled, borderline racist she is has worked flawlessly.

kkowalski

kkowalski

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Didn't Dayana save the day, sort of, when Penn said Walmart instead of Walgreen's? I think she would have been great in improve, she's fast on her feet, smart and funny. Trouble was, you didn't need four performers. I also don't think she's difficult to understand at all. Lisa really really realllllly hates her.

Did anyone else sort of sit there gaping at the tv when Trump was telling Lisa people had seen a nicer, softer or whatever person from her comedy routine? Was he serious, or playing her?

llcoolray3000, good thinking and look, even at the same time! JINX

Edited by kkowalski, Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:24 PM.

Bigwheels1971

Bigwheels1971

Fanatic

• Interests:Reading (especially mysteries &amp; autobiographies), acting, swimming, listening to music, the Internet

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:29 PM

I don't see why anybody should feel sorry for Dayana. She's stunning, educated, funny, intelligent...she's everything Lisa is not!

I agree with you :) I meant feel sorry for the way she is being treated by Lisa.

I feel about Lisa, the way I do about Joan Rivers: I liked her before CA, not after.

Edited by Bigwheels1971, Apr 15, 2012 @ 11:39 PM.