23-18: "Beware My Cheating Bart" 2012.04.15

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

13 replies to this topic

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:50 PM

From SNPP:

Jimbo has Bart take his girlfriend to a movie, and the girl falls for Bart; Homer gets a treadmill with a TV that has wireless connectivity, and decides to work out - that is, work out a way to watch a particular show without actually going through the bother of exercising.

This can't end well...

ETA: Now Entering Oregon! "The True Location of Springfield is in Any State But Yours." Seems legit.

That couch gag by Bill Plympton was awesome. Why couldn't the whole episode be...like that?!

Sure it was a few years late, but I loved the Lost parody. At least the show covered that Homer was five years late himself (and that he called the show pretentious & repetitive when it was airing), and I figured he would have to hear spoilers eventually. I also caught Admiral Baby, The 80s Sitcom from earlier in the season (or was it last season?), and The Chimpsons in Homer's...Hulu? I think it was Hulu, the menu was green.

Chief Wiggum letting Ralph take the wheel. Father of the year material!

Bart's plot was...odd at best. We've seen him date bad girls before, and older girls, but was this the first time any of them showed him anything? I think it's appropriate for Bart to be traumatized towards sex/nudity, he DID utter his first words when he caught his parents having sex.

At least this romance was one-sided (I think). The flame war between Shauna & CBG was great, as was Lisa knowing when to intervene in Bart's "storyline."

Overall, I liked it. Bart, for the most part, acted like a ten year old.

Edited by InvaderNorbert, Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:33 PM.

AimingforYoko

AimingforYoko

Stalker

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:50 PM

While the Lost parody was a little dated, making fun of spoiler-phobes of a long over series is always welcome.

I think it's appropriate for Bart to be traumatized towards sex/nudity

"Why doesn't anyone understand I'm only ten?"

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

"Why doesn't anyone understand I'm only ten?"

Apparently the writers didn't for years until this episode, which I understand was written by a first-timer.

CheekyLilDevil

CheekyLilDevil

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:17 PM

I actually thought this was one of the better episodes this whole season. It felt longer somehow. Loved the couch gag, and would also love a whole episode like that! Also liked the little shout-out to Futurama at the end with Fry and Layla.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:55 AM

I think it's "Leela," not "Layla," CheekyLilDevil.

I thought it was a fine enough episode, but I liked Bart's storyline quite a bit more. I liked Comic Book Guy's flame war with Shauna. Actually, I liked that he dimed them out just because she insulted his weight.

myriadphalanx

myriadphalanx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:12 AM

"Jackass: The Funeral" was pretty dark, given that one of the JA guys recently died. But, then again, I laughed.

General Guy

General Guy

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:56 AM

Also liked the little shout-out to Futurama at the end with Fry and Layla.

I could be wrong, but I also think some of Futurama's alien language appeared in a scene of the Lost parody. There was a lot of good freeze-frame stuff in this episode that I really want to take a closer look at later.

CantThinkUpName

CantThinkUpName

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:57 AM

I really liked that one, and I liked how the two storylines met at the end.

I wonder if they planned ahead for the Oregon thing or if they changed intros/chalkboard gags at the last minute because of the news.

They really need more guest animators for the couch gag. The ones by Bansky, John K. and now Bill Plympton have been incredible. That Bill Plympton one really needs to be spread across the Internet.

"Two stuck together! Now I need to fill out a form!"

I liked the lifeguard technicality segment.

"If it isn't Jimbo, Dorf, and Ernie!"

"Now it's time to talk about what Carl wants!"

Purrrr-plexing isn't it?

Edited by CantThinkUpName, Apr 16, 2012 @ 3:57 AM.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

Who did the voice for Shauna? I thought I only saw one guest voice and it was a male name.

Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Shauna's appeared several times before, so she's voiced by one of the regular cast. (Dunno which one.)

Besides the Futurama shout-out, it was fun to see God and Satan arm wrestling in the closing scene. And was that a blink-and-you'll-miss-it cameo from Kang and Kodos?

CChambers

CChambers

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:25 AM

"Jackass: The Funeral" was pretty dark, given that one of the JA guys recently died. But, then again, I laughed.

If you're talking about Ryan Dunn, it was almost a year ago.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:04 PM

That was Tress MacNeille was Shauna, for those who wanted to know. I rezognized her voice immediately.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

Thanks Norbert.

Kel Varnsen

Kel Varnsen

Stalker

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 8:27 AM

I thought this episode was pretty funny. Jimbo's Hulk Hogan style hair made me laugh a lot. Plus as someone who watched the final season of lost like a year after it aired, Homer trying to discuss it and learn about it while avoiding spoilers was something I could kind of relate to.