13-16: 2012.04.17

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

264 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 2:38 PM

PAST SEASON “BIGGEST LOSER” WINNERS JOHN, OLIVIA AND PATRICK GUEST STAR – This week, a surprising turn of events shakes up the competition, and the contestants compete in a rough and wild short version of a “Tough Mudder” competition. But they won’t be doing it alone – with them will be the show’s three most recent winners John Rhode, Olivia Ward and Patrick House. Host Alison Sweeney helps motivate the remaining contestants by telling them the player with the highest percentage of weight loss at the weigh-in will win a Ford Escape SUV. Later, the players stroll down memory lane with the trainers and watch video journeys of how far they’ve really come from their first day on the ranch before an emotional weigh-in determines which player will walk away with a brand new car.

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Best episode in a looooong time. So glad they cut past the crap and went straight to the walkout. Not as explosive as I'd hoped for, but at least 2 douches got off my TV screen!

tangled

tangled

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

212-664-4444 NBC NY
818-840-4444 NBC LA

bubtuber

bubtuber

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

So I guess Jeremy has NO problem with the twist now. Sad thing is he will probably be back :(

katje

katje

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

So now that Jeremy is an eliminated player, I take it he no longer think it's unfair to allow eliminated players to win a spot in the finale. The shot of him in the preview had him looking pretty enthusiastic about competing for that spot.

Edit: Looks as though bubtuber and I simul-posted. Now, wouldn't it be fun if the producers took him aside and said, "Jeremy, as a concession to your feeling that this twist is unfair, we will not include you in this challenge. You can just go home!"

Edited by katje, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:06 PM.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

OMG - "I don't want to be manipulated by the producers"????? Really? You do know you are on a reality tv show, right? And that's the price you pay for the free training and tv exposure.

And only the 5 who deserve it should have a chance? Well, lots of folks who were voted off didn't get voted off because they didn't try (or succeed). They just got on the wrong side of an alliance of douches.

And loved Conda's final selfishness "My brother deserves to be here more than Kim does". Uh, yeah. Right.

Finally, I was really missing Jillian. She would have ripped them all a new one.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

And loved Conda's final selfishness "My brother deserves to be here more than Kim does". Uh, yeah. Right.

Translation: "If Kim wins, I don't get jack."

NolieBlue

NolieBlue

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Assholes. I wish they'd sent them all home.

dreamer55

dreamer55

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

I wanted to punch all five of these entitled assholes in the face. If I were Bob, I probably would have when Kim muttered rudely to him, "This isn't about you." Oh, well, that's helpful.

Jeremy's the worst - dumb and doesn't know it. He's going on and on to the lawyer about how unfair it is to allow an eliminated contestant to come back, but all of a sudden he's an eliminated contestant and you hear his voiceover, "That spot is mine." I THOUGHT IT WASN'T FAIR? The lawyer schooling him in the contract he signed made me giddy.

Buddy assuming that the producers would negotiate made me laugh out loud. Good riddance, ya loony. And thanks for taking Mark the Jackass with you. The two pastors walk out because eliminated contestants get a second chance. What for?

I kinda want a Ford Escape now.

Edited by dreamer55, Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:08 PM.

Two Bluejays

Two Bluejays

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I missed the first half of the episode with the walk out but I did catch the weigh in with Anaconda, Pepperoni Nips and Kim. I was happy and surprised to see that Kim got the car. Since she's got the redemption edit I've found her much more tolerable and likable. And really, at this point, I would take just about anybody over Conda. Blech! True to form the lumpy snake showed her true colors when she and her brother's Machiavellian plans didn't come to fruition. Bawling on and on about how Jeremy deserves to be up there more than Kim when clearly the numbers (which were shocking but still, girl had to be doing something) show otherwise. I did love that momentary expression on Jeremy's face when Conda started bawling. To me it clearly read as "WTF are YOU crying for? I'm the one leaving. YOU'RE in the finals!"

So...anybody want to fill me in on what I missed with the walk out?

fivestone

fivestone

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

I really, really, really don't understand. I mean, I could honestly see them being upset if it weren't WRITTEN IN THE CONTRACT. I'd probably be on their side. But when you come on the show and have a bunch of stuff handed to you (Hawaii, meeting the First Lady, SUVS and cash, staying on the ranch rent free, etc. etc.), like Alison said, really, 'being an inspiration' or whatever is a small price to pay.

So I guess Jeremy has NO problem with the twist now. Sad thing is he will probably be back :(

Hmm, I don't know about that. The competition will be physical and I think have some nutrition knowledge components as well. I think anybody pretty fit and athletic should have a decent shot, but I guess we'll see. Lauren - the girl from team yellow that they showed for a moment in a TH - seems really hungry for it. I hear that she's run several races since her elimination and really considers herself an athlete. She was nice enough and left before all the douchey shenanigans, so I can root for her right up there with the Aqua Team.

Anyway, I'm SO glad Jeremy's not an automatic finalist that it's not even funny.

Edited by fivestone, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:12 PM.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Mark and Buddy are two of the stupidest people on the planet. "I am voluntarily giving up my chance to win $250,000.00 because this contract I signed...? Wahhhhhh! It's not fair!"

Seriously, what powerful evil hold do the Britt siblings have over people? Two of their strongest competitors just went home without a peep.

I cannot freaking BELIEVE Conda is in the Final Three. Evil, vindictive, stupid, lazy, whiny Conda. The only sunshine I can see in the situation is that she could walk away with nothing since she's not eligible for the at home prize.

In what universe did this entire season take place!? Seriously, two of the guys with the best and biggest weight loss just voluntarily packed up and left. The idiocy is stunning.

So much for the promotion of The Tough Mudder! And hey, wasn't it great to see John, Patrick, and Olivia again? ;-)

Did we all catch the BitchLook that Kim shot Conda when Conda said "it isn't fair!" that Jeremy got eliminated and that Jeremy should be in the Finale instead of Kim? Oooh, if looks could kill.

tangled

tangled

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

The people that got voted off didn't get a trip to Hawaii, a free make over, a VIP WH visit and added chances to win cash and prizes. This show is such a joke. Fat and lazy people who get a shot at fame and fortune and trips, because they are fat and lazy - and they are complaining that something is not fair. I will not forgive the show for just not letting them GO !!

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Mark and Buddy, you are not the biggest losers. You're just losers. I wanted to punch them both in the face for their holier than thou BS about not standing for what they knew was wrong. "Breach of contract" is more like it. (I did enjoy Jeremy's open-mouthed astonishment when the lawyer showed him exactly where it said in the contract that he signed that an eliminated contestant would not be coming back. I hope Mark and Buddy get slapped with lawsuits.

Kim, I was rooting for you to knock one of the evil siblings out of the finale, so thank you for that. I'm done with you now, so step aside, please. You've lost the smidgen of respect I had grudgingly gained for you.

Conda, "morals" does not mean "doing what makes me happy". Not that it matters, you don't have what "morals" actually means anyway, so no need to hurt your brain trying to learn the real definition. And if you thought Jeremy "deserved" to be in the finals more than you or Kim, why didn't you volunteer to go out in his place, hypocrite? He doesn't deserve to be there and neither do you.

And speaking of being deserving, Jeremy - what are your views on eliminated players "deserving" to come back, now that you're one of them?

Was I the only one who said a quick prayer when Bob drove Conda out to the "prison yard" and said "I'll be right back" that an unmarked car was going to swoop up, Bob would jump into it and leave her there?

Team Whoever Comes Back for the win!

ETA:

Fat and lazy people who get a shot at fame and fortune and trips, because they are fat and lazy

tangled, I understand the sentiment, but please don't characterize all fat people this way based on the handful of vile people we've seen this season.

Edited by Blue Stingray, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:17 PM.

whyohwhy

whyohwhy

Couch Potato

The only good portion of this episode is finding out that a Ford Escape rear hatch can be opened by a magic wave of a foot.
I wish Conda's head would be opened up with a magic wave of a foot.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Buddy assuming that the producers would negotiate made me laugh out loud.

LOL, he's lucky he didn't end up hearing the words "breach of contract".

ljones62

ljones62

Just Tuned In

So much for Kim's redemption arc. I can't believe how entitled they acted even when the contract was read to them. I am on the anyone but these guys bandwagon and I don't think Jeremy will beat the best of the people who have been eliminated. He's not that good.

jmarrise

jmarrise

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Wow oh wow oh wow...

The Biggest Losers really are losers - sore losers!

Did Conda really tell Kim that Jeremy deserved to be there more than Kim? What a beyotch!!

I take it these contestants were already sequestered when Ramon got back in the game for winning a marathon? How dumb is Mark going to feel when he realizes that, no, this is not the first time they are bringing back a contestant at the end. What a dumb ass.

I wonder if the lawyers explained to Mark & Buddy that not only were they giving up the prize, they were giving up all the lucrative post-show appearances and endorsements. Dumb asses.

The only good portion of this episode is finding out that a Ford Escape rear hatch can be opened by a magic wave of a foot.

That was so cool! Bob's obviously fed promo lines about the car, not so much.

Edited by jmarrise, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:20 PM.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Is Jeremy among the 14 eliminated players brought back? He got eliminated tonight. That would suck - falling below the red line would not really have done much damage if he were one of the 14 brought back.

We got treated at least 4 times to pepperoni hahahaha!!! Some treat!

I did not recognize some of the brought back players, like the one where she said "We're back!" Who is that?

I wonder if Daphne and Adrian would be there next week. And the promo to tonight's forum says Olivia was there, but I did not see her. Did you?

callmebetty

callmebetty

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

During these dark times I would like to share some words of wisdom from a wise man, a one MC Hammer:
'Too legit... Too legit to quit
Sweat running all over my chest i don't quit no!
I just press harder (Yea!) than i ever did before going for
The dreams that i have in store in my mind (mind) and i know
That i'm makin it i gotta get mine and nobody's takin it away
so believe the hype and sweat it cause you're gonna
regret it the day that you dissed us you'll wish you never met us
you remind me of a real short story one hit record and you
star to bore me get ready cause this is it your crew is
through and we too legit to quit.."

Go Mike, Adrian and Daphne bring it on.

wej5541

wej5541

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

These people are idiots, the "surprise twist" was written into their contracts that they all signed before signing up for the show.

I'm rooting for the mystery contestant!

CrabShaman

CrabShaman

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

Don't have time for full commentary...need to sleep, but first, I'll say my prayers.

*puts claws together, bows eyestalks*

Let us pray.

Dear sweet, crabby Jesus, please let Conda be slapped for eternity with a footlong. It can be a Subway Sub, or Dolvett, or whatever, but hey, I won't tell You how to do Your job. Please also let Mark and Buddy suffocate on their own self-righteousness (no, my Lord, that's not what they're calling it these days, but let's face it, please prevent them from leaving the house). Please, oh King of Kings, who loves all the little crustaceans, let Jeremy get served with a restraining order by Rachel the nutrition skank, arrested, and subsequently "adored" in prison. Please also give Kim a permanent case of Herpes Hydrox, the STD one gets for eating the wrong cookies.

While You're at it, if it's not too much to ask, please send Sami and Hannah over...with plenty of Jell-O in which to wrestle.

Amen.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Conda, "morals" does not mean "doing what makes me happy". Not that it matters, you don't have what "morals" actually means anyway, so no need to hurt your brain trying to learn the real definition.

How could I have forgotten to comment on this "gem" from Conda.

Great lesson to be teaching your daughter. You only have to live up to your commitments as long as doing so makes you happy. The moment things get tough, you get to quit.

I'd also like to know just how much of an instigator Conda was with the whole mutiny....hmmmm.

cromulent357

cromulent357

Channel Surfer

The show literally gives these people the gift of life (or at the very least, an improvement of their lives) and they basically spit on the show's face. Ah-mah-zing.

dvrsavedtv

dvrsavedtv

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:23 PM

The first 20 minutes were hard to watch. A few comments:

Jeremy looked like a stupid dumb shit with that lawyer. He, hell they, all signed a contract and knew this would happen? What morons!

Mark, eliminated contestants don’t deserve a shot at the grand prize because they diddn’t work as hard? Did he seriously say that? Are you saying all the contestants you eliminated with your evil alliance didn’t work hard enough? Roy lost 9 lbs the week you voted him out. Fuck you! All those contestants work hard and if they’ve been home for months with the stresses of life and work and still come back to kick your ass and win, then I’d have to say they have worked HARDER THAN YOU! FUCKER!

Not shocked Conda stayed

Cringed everytime Dolvett or Bob consoled or hugged one of trio

Why didn’t Bob throw it in their face that last season an ellminiated contestant got the chance to come back at the very god dam end! MORONs!

None of these three deserve a chance to win and I hope none of them win. That will be a finale worth watching.
They all came off like petulant spoiled brats.

I’m glad Allison coped a bit of attitude with them. I really wanted someone to yell at them. I was hoping the lawyer would say they would sue them for breach of contract.

I loved loved loved seeing the look on Jeremy’s face after Kim weighed in. Serves him right. Yeah Conda and your evil conniving ways finally came back to bite you in your fat ass.
Conda is fucked up, Saying Kim didn’t deserve to be in the finals?

NONE of these assholes deserve to win.

callmebetty

callmebetty

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Did anyone else wish that when Sami pulled the Ford around the corner she just would have hit the gas and taken out the three losers?

jmarrise

jmarrise

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Why didn’t Bob throw it in their face that last season an ellminiated contestant got the chance to come back at the very god dam end! MORONs!

My guess is that they were already sequestered & filming when Ramon came back. Not that that fact makes them any less moronic.

Edited by jmarrise, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:27 PM.

bubtuber

bubtuber

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

I hope Mark and Buddy get slapped with lawsuits.

They have been told before that the ranch is not a prison and they are free to leave anytime. Though they will lose prizes.

Maybe they could sew Mark for tweeting that he left the ranch.

Is Jeremy among the 14 eliminated players brought back? He got eliminated tonight. That would suck - falling below the red line would not really have done much damage if he were one of the 14 brought back.

Yes

I wonder if Daphne and Adrian would be there next week.

I saw Adrian

Ben Stilwell

Ben Stilwell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:29 PM

I was waiting for that guy reading the contract to Jeremy to suddenly toss it on the table, lean back and smugly say 'Lawyered'

Ocean Chick

Ocean Chick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

AnaConda wouldn't recognize morals if they collectively bit her on her ass. And agree about Pepnips singing a different tune now that he's off the ranch. I, too, like most of you, am rooting for Team Whomever Wins the Challenge and Comes Back. I'd love it to be either Daphne or Adrian, or even Emily. I'd totally cheer for a Daphne win and Adrian winning the At Home prize.