Eagleheart

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2 replies to this topic

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:03 AM

The Show: Eagleheart

Premise: Adventures of U.S. Marshall Chris Mosanto.

Twist: "Hey, what if Chris Elliot was the lead in Walker: Texas Ranger?"

Potential Stumbling Block: Not being able to get over Elliot's smarmy looks; the fact that his two best roles were in movies (Groundhog Day, There's Something About Mary) were in a supporting role. That's my take, anyway . . . feel free to make an argue for Get A Life and/or Cabin Boy.

Ranking Amongst Live-Action [adult swim] Programs: Lower than Children's Hospital and NTSF:SD:SUV. About the same as Delocated. Higher than anything involving Tim & Eric. Too early to bring in Loiter Squad into the argument.

Biggest Mystery: You know Abby Elliot? From SNL? She's Chris Elliot's daughter. Seriously, what woman would go for him?!? Ah, maybe I should take it as there being hope for me.

Those are my feelings on the hit-or-miss comedy. The second season opened last night, with Chris finding out his boss staged his kid's murder, that the kid was his, that the Chief did it to set Chris on his path, and that he did the same thing to Chris's sidekicks (strong newb female, dumbass bearded guy). I don't think the show is that funny, but I do get some laughs from it.

arc

arc

Stalker

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

I will defend Get A Life, though that's probably best held on its own thread (does it have one?)

As for Eagleheart, the Conaco production makes me think that this show is what Andy Barker, PI would have been if the writers had gone really really weird instead of just really weird. I've only seen the second season premiere so far though, but I heard reasonably good things about the first season so I'll catch up soon.

The sheer insanity of the episode was fantastic, totally the kind of comedy I like.

---

Here's an interview with Elliot and some of the exec producers: http://splitsider.co...-starts-tonight

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:01 PM

Four episodes in, and I have to admit that the show makes me laugh. The last episode had Chris falling for the allure of the blues . . . that is, the white boy version popularized by the likes of James Belushi and Bruce Willis. The episode before that had Ben Stiller playing a children's television host doing what got Soupy Sales fired from his job, only with human organs getting stolen instead of money. Is anybody else watching?