Shannen Says

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

47 replies to this topic

sunset01

sunset01

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

I hadnt heard anything about her fiancee, but he does seem to love her. I hope they are putting on for the camera because if she is too domineering, I dont see this marriage lasting.

If I lived in a house like that, I would hardly leave. lol

Mozartist

Mozartist

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I like "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". I was born in and lived most of my life in Beverly Hills, California. The real Beverly Hills is different from the stereotype portrayed on the show. Interests: making & listening to music (classic piano: favorite composer - Mozart), singing, reading, gym, my 2 chihuahuas, Mozart & Mocha, very fluent in German & French, nature walks, expecially along the ocean.

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

I'm a big Shannen fan too - since her BH 90210 days.
I agree with everything everyone has said.
Yes, Shannen and her fiance seem very happy and in love, in spite of her domineering ways.

One thing that irked me was at the end of the episode when the two were sitting in the guest house at the end of the day, before a warm fire.
Shannnen said matter-of-factly, "Let's take a trip now. We have to scout locations in Sardinia for our honeymoon."
I felt that was a bit much.
A honeymoon is a honeymoon!
No matter how wealthy Shannen is, it seems unseemly for her to talk about visiting the place of an exotic honeymoon right BEFORE the wedding and the real fabulous honeymoon - and in the same location.
Perhaps the producers wanted a little controversy or drama and egged Shannen on to say that.

Edited by Mozartist, Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:37 PM.

Josette

Josette

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:49 AM

No matter how wealthy Shannen is, it seems unseemly for her to talk about visiting the place of an exotic honeymoon right BEFORE the wedding and the real fabulous honeymoon - and in the same location.
Perhaps the producers wanted a little controversy or drama and egged Shannen on to say that.

I just took it as a joke.

Jen1n

Jen1n

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:19 AM

was it ever confirmed that he was married when they met? I remember reading rumors that Shannen and he may have started up before his first marriage was over.

I hadn't heard this so I tried to do some Google research to see if he was married before (was that bad of me?) but I wasn't sucessful in finding anything. Most of the links I found were about Shannen and the show.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

After last night's show, I think I'm done. I am not enjoying her at all in this. She treats him kinda bad and her friends seem like douches. And I call BS on her not knowing how to babysit. She has a goddaughter named Cooper (Jason London's daughter) that she was always shown being photographed taking around.

I kinda want to see the actual wedding, though. Just to see the guest list. She is good friends with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Holly Marie Combs, so I wonder if they will be there.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

...if she were a man and behaved this way, I don't think people would view the man as "bitchy".

I don't know, I think if a man locked a woman out of the house, there would be quite a few words around that.

although I do question her clothing choices

OMIGOODNESS! Her clothing is atrocious! That "outfit" she was wearing when she took the wedding planner to see the location looked horrible on her!

Speaking of the wedding location, I think it is sweet that this was the last place she felt her dad's presence, but the wedding is more than about her. And the issue of the kids last names! Could not believe the fiancÚ gave in the easily until he explained in a voice over why.

I wonder how meddling Shannen's mom is; does she live with them? Wonder what type of relationship the fiancÚ has with her.

ETA: I saw a commercial the other day for another reality show about Jennie Garth, so now that makes 3 of the BH90210 girls with their own reality show!

Edited by alegtostandon, Apr 18, 2012 @ 12:52 PM.

Loverly Emma

Loverly Emma

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Being a Broadway slut, watching crappy shows and pretending they're not crappy.

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

I kinda want to see the actual wedding, though. Just to see the guest list. She is good friends with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Holly Marie Combs, so I wonder if they will be there.

Holly tweeted something about the outfit she wore to Shannen's wedding and then wrote "watch and see," so she was definitely there and seems to think she'll make an appearance on the show. I personally will only watch because I will watch ANYTHING with HMC in it (and I know of some other TWOPers who feel the same way.)

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

In this case there seems to be a fine line between a strong woman who goes after what she wants and someone who is selfish and self-absorbed. You can make a drinking game out of how many times she says "my"....my wedding, my honeymoon. And her mother just seems to think her behavior is adorable which is probably why she acts like that. I hope we see that somebody showed up for the wedding wearing canary yellow.

If she's going to populate the world with little Dohertys she'd best hurry it along since she's 41.

Edited by Angeltoes, Apr 19, 2012 @ 6:12 PM.

tvallthetime

tvallthetime

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 12:56 AM

I haven't watched the show, just read the posts. But, now that I know HMC will probably make an appearance, I will probably watch.

What station will Jenny's show be on?

Angeltoes

Angeltoes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:48 AM

CMT..it starts tonight.

A current picture of Shannen, Jennie and Ian all huggy together. Interesting. Buds

Edited by Angeltoes, Apr 20, 2012 @ 7:52 AM.

Loverly Emma

Loverly Emma

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Being a Broadway slut, watching crappy shows and pretending they're not crappy.

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

Yeah, HMC and Shannen were all over twitter yesterday posting pics of each other captioned "BFF" and "my baby" and "chickadee." I feel like Shannen is less inclined to mention Holly because she knows it's basically the same thing as talking about Charmed... And Shannen doesn't talk about Charmed. EVER.

Retrogrl

Retrogrl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

In this case there seems to be a fine line between a strong woman who goes after what she wants and someone who is selfish and self-absorbed. You can make a drinking game out of how many times she says "my"....my wedding, my honeymoon.

Even the wind does Shannen's bidding, and blows on cue when she talks about her dad (which is all the time). And she seems to have some good friends, but is she really that incapable of letting anyone else receive a compliment in her presence? If someone says the steaks are cooked right, she has to interrupt and talk about how she seasoned them. Damn, girl. Relax for a second.

I think I'm going to be bailing on this show if the wedding plans don't start to become the main focus. I'm not interested in Shannen and her husband talking about the day they met, or babysitting someone else's kid. BORING!

Jen1n

Jen1n

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

After the 2nd episode, I'm ready to bail on this show. She just doesn't come across as likeable at all- everything is all about her, and as a previous poster mentioned, her Mom just thinks she's a sweet, headstrong girl.
(I have a different opinion).

And, seriously? Kurt had to ask what 'wipes' were when they were babysitting? You'd think if he has friends, siblings, other relatives with babies he'd have a clue about that.

Loved the pictures of Shannen, Jennie and Ian at Jennie's b-day party though! Thanks for the link Angeltoes!

One observation: every picture I've seen of Kurt and Shannen? Kurt looks incredibly bored and like he would rather be anywhere else. Seriously, it's ok to smile a bit. Even if you fake it. Could be that he just doesn't photograph well, but I'm not sure..

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:53 AM

Kurt reminds me of the actor who played Christine's brother in "The New Adventures of Old Christine"

Why can't he go to Madrid and Prague to work before the wedding?t's not like she is really letting him make any decisions regarding the wedding. It's all her, what she wants, he is just expected to agree with it. She has the wedding planner there and she can hire anyone else she needs to run errands. It's not like she's workimg. I just find her an insufferable bitch and just wonder why anyone would fall in love with let alone WANT to marry a person with whom every discussion becomes a battle. I don't enjoy fighting, arguing or the tension that is caused by them and couldn't live in that atmosphere. She's already been thru 2 failed marraiges and is heading towards number three. Calling someone an asshole repeatedly and pointedly, doesn't bode well.

Edited by ish, Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:53 AM.

KnoxForPres

KnoxForPres

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

I'm aware I may be alone in this, but I have a huge crush on Kurt! I think he's gorgeous, smart, and all kinds of awesome. Kurt, I'm 32 and single never married if you're reading this!

That was depressing enough to type in the South so here goes Shannen... I've got to say, as much as I love Kurt his delivery of the photo ops sucks. Ease someone into it. Don't put it out there and then think "It is what it is" covers everything.

The food looked amazing and I'm jealous. Can we lose the lame wedding planner? I know from my cable he has another TV show to push, but Gosh he's exhausting.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:57 PM

Shannen pisses me off with regard to his career in that if she were in her heyday as an actress, no way would she be turning down work. She was jsut as driven 20 years ago. Her career is on the wane, hopefully his is on the rise. And all this crap about Family Day? WTF? It's just the 2 of them, they can create a different family day every week. At least the guy is looking to make his mark in the industry instead of being Shannen Doherty's husband, living in her Malibu house and spending her 90210 dollars. DId he have shitty timing telling her?Yeah, but I think anytime you tell Shannen something she doesn't want to hear, it's shitty timing.

Mozartist

Mozartist

Channel Surfer

• Interests:I like "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills". I was born in and lived most of my life in Beverly Hills, California. The real Beverly Hills is different from the stereotype portrayed on the show. Interests: making & listening to music (classic piano: favorite composer - Mozart), singing, reading, gym, my 2 chihuahuas, Mozart & Mocha, very fluent in German & French, nature walks, expecially along the ocean.

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 6:32 PM

I'm surprised that no one one has written here for two weeks or so - and now, the series is over.
It seems (JMO) as if the producers were, in the end, trying to "rush through" the series and end it. Two episodes on Sunday nights instead of one episode on Tuesdays.
Perhaps "Shannen Says" didn't get that many viewers.....
I think that the marriage will work IF Kurt has decided that thick or thin, he loves and will always love Shannen and will always compromise if need be, and coddle and "spoil" Shannen - so that the marriage will work.

Kurt is independent as far as his career is concerned - but Shannen is the one with the incredible Malibu mansion, lots of cash, and a wealthy lifestyle.
I believe that Kurt want to keep living that kind of life.
He does make some good money as an international photographer, but probably makes - and has - far less than his wife.

Yes, Shannen has been insufferable, but the two preparation and wedding episodes have humanized her a little.
I loved Shannen's delight at Kurt's wedding-gift surprise of the German shepherd puppy, imported from Germany.

All in all, the series ended on a happy note.

Lilac4381

Lilac4381

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

I really enjoyed the last two episodes since Shannen seemed to lighten up and we really got to see the wedding come together. I also thought Shannen looked her best in the interview portions (hair half up and down and white short dress) compared to the rest of the season. She didn't look as exhausted.

I will say Shannen has lovely taste. From her house to the whole concept of the wedding, she surrounds herself with very nice things. I really loved the rustic, romantic, dark feel of the wedding and Shannen's first dress was pretty amazing. Loved the idea of the scotch bar to honor her dad.