Shannen Says

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

47 replies to this topic

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

Last night was the premiere of Shannen Says. I've liked her since 90210, so I try to watch whatever she's in (even those godawful SyFy channel movies). I can't imagine why she would do this show, except for the money. It was an interesting glimpse into her life, but I feel bad for the guy marrying her. She's so demanding. I find her pretty humorous at times, but she doesn't have the hot husband and super cute kids that make Tori Spelling's shows easy to watch.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Why oh why with all the dough she made from 90210 didn't she get her teeth fixed?

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

I thought Shannen was a complete bitch. After 20 minutes of her nagging, I wanted to shoot my television. Really, security will keep anyone not in black tie from the wedding??? What a bitchy diva. I am taking this off my DVR. No one needs to listen to her bitch and moan for entertainment. UGH! My husband got up and left the room when Shannen locked her fiance out of the house because he wanted to play football on "family day". Gag me~!

She looks absolutely horrible too.

coffeeplease

coffeeplease

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

The only part of this show I enjoyed was David Tutera's scenes. I was not feeling the dynamic between this couple.

Why oh why with all the dough she made from 90210 didn't she get her teeth fixed?

I agree.

udontknowg

udontknowg

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

She did not have that gap in her teeth when she first started 90210 correct? She was cute when the show first started and by the end she looked terrible and I can never quite figure out what it was that was different.

coffeeplease

coffeeplease

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:03 AM

I'm wondering if she's a smoker? I didn't see her smoke in any scenes but she sounds like she smokes.

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

She Is a smoker. And a bitch. I think this is her second or third marriage and dont see it lasting long.

Merree

Merree

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:35 AM

I watched this pretty much out of curiosity. I have never watched 90210 or anything else with Shannen in it so I hadn't formulated an opinion of her. I've always read that Shannen can be pretty much a bitch. I certainly wasn't wrong. Is her poor fiance in it for the money or what ?

Is it just me or does one of her eyes seem lower than the other ? Was she in an accident ? It certainly doesn't detract from her appearance; she's not much to look at anyway. JMO

Oh, yeah. She's a director.

chainey

chainey

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:54 AM

Is it just me or does one of her eyes seem lower than the other ? Was she in an accident ? It certainly doesn't detract from her appearance; she's not much to look at anyway. JMO

I was just watching "Will and Grace" and they made a SD face joke so I think her odd face has been noticed and commented on for awhile.

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Yes, her eyes are messed up and she has directed before. A couple of episodes of Charmed, I know of.

I knew he would get hurt playing football, just so she could say "I told you so." It's good they've been together 3 years, but why have a big wedding when it's your third? And the guests having to wear black? Is it a funeral, too?

Jen1n

Jen1n

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:07 PM

I'm a ShanDo fan - from the 90210 days and Lifetime movies (only thing I never watched her on was Charmed). I'm pretty disappointed that she's pimping herself out on a reality show- I'd much rather see her acting than doing this drama-filled POS.

I watched most of the show last night, and I have to say I thought she was pretty bitchy. Did she seriously make Kurt walk down about 100 steps with a busted knee when they were looking at venues only to leave as soon as he finally got to the bottom? And then lock him out of the house and make him sleep in the guest house?
There were a lot of other things I was appalled at. (People can only wear black at the wedding, etc..)

Not sure why this guy would put up with this.

She looks absolutely horrible too

I agree. There were moments when she looked 'ok' but there was one outfit she was wearing that made her look like a homeless bag lady.

BF and I were wondering if we should place odds on this one, because from what we saw last night, it's not looking good.

Lastly, after watching this, going forward I will say I'm a fan of Shannen's acting only.

ish

ish

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Family Day? There's two fucking people in the "family". He works out of her guest house, she doesn't seem to have a regular day job, so any day of the week could be family day. Why do people make these stupid rules for their relationships and marriages? It's not like they've been successful in marriage so far.

I hate to pick on her physical appearance, but between the teeth and her weird shape which makes me think of a cereal box with arms and legs and the nasty hair and crappy clothing, well there's not much good to say trhere. And her bitch persona that she seems so proud of does nothing to help. He must be desperate.

KLJ

KLJ

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

I was just watching "Will and Grace" and they made a SD face joke so I think her odd face has been noticed and commented on for awhile.

You could really tell when they would show her reflection in a mirror on 90210, it definitely looks lopsided.

alegtostandon

alegtostandon

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

I have to agree with all of the comments here; she is a Class-A Bitch; it is obviously her way or no way...So what if the boyfriend played some football on a Sunday morning; she plays tennis, or hits a ball over a net with someone on the other side to hit it back to her. What is "Family Day" when there is no "Family" to speak of. To make matters worse, she gives the poor boyfriend the bitchy silent treatment until he finally says to her "I was wrong and you were right".

I cannot believe she is going to either have her "friends" removed from the wedding for not wearing all black, or have a supply of black garments on hand for them to change into! That goes beyond controlling. This is someone who is trying to prove to everyone that she is still "someone". Speaking of the wedding, what did the boyfriend want to have, dead cows hanging around? I did not understand that.

This woman looks nothing at all like the Shannon I remember from the cute little girl on LHOTP/Our House to BH 90210. I never watched Charmed but do remember a few "MFTV" movies she was in, I believe on Lifetime, one where she was dating an older man she was obsessed with and ended up blowing up his yacht, and the other where she was in college & involved with a sorierty & this time, one of her fellow students was obsessed with wanting to her. But she was attractive then. Shannen has not aged well at all! That outfit she was wearing for the dinner party looked hideous on her!

I thought she said that the boyfriend was a well known photographer, if you look him up on IMDB, it says he is a celebrity photographer. Most of his credits though, are as an electrician.

Saffron

Saffron

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:32 PM

I've loved to hate ShanDo since I got a copy of the "I Hate Brenda" newsletter for Christmas when I was 15. She is such a horrible person. The bitchy remark about the friend "who is no longer my friend" who told her she had to go through with her wedding to Ashley Hamilton? I'm pretty sure she was talking about Tori Spelling. Although I'm sure Shannen has quite a few ex-friends.

In regards to her looks, she's got bags under her eyes and chin, but I appreciate that she's aging naturally. She still looks pretty, even with the bags. The general witchy look she's got going on has more to do with her personality I think.

Lilac4381

Lilac4381

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 2:16 PM

Back in her BH 90210 and Charmed days, I thought Shannen was SO pretty. Gorgeous hair, high cheekbones, and pretty blue green eyes with flawless skin. Her eyes have always been off and the gap used to be off to the side. These are both far more noticeable now. Sad to say but I think her hard partying and smoking have finally caught up with her. I like that she is not botoxed or gone the plastic surgery route but it is sad to see someone go from being so pretty in her 20's and 30's to looking so worn out in the present. Still attractive but not looking fresh like she did even 5 or 6 years ago.

Hoping she doesn't come across as bitchy in future episodes.

PharmGal10

PharmGal10

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

On a shallow note, I do not understand what happened to her teeth. She had a gap when she was younger, closed it for 90210 and Charmed, and it's back. I guess she had temporary caps or something? I think gaps are beautiful, but the disappearance and reappearance of Shannen's has me confused.

I have always been conflicted about Shannen. I think years of being called a 'b----' has made her have a 'oh, well, if that's what think, let me give it to them' kind of rationale.

White Lies

White Lies

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

If Shannen got braces or something done and stopped wearing the retainer, the gap would come back.

KrisPChikn

KrisPChikn

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:07 PM

I love Shannen and her gap. I'm a fan of gaps in general though...Madonna, Vanessa Paradis, etc. Good to see she's still the same Shannen, although I feel sorry for her husband to be. She would be incredibly difficult to live with. She and I are the same age, so I appreciate that she's not pumped full of fillers and Botox. I think she looks fine for her age.

ButterQueen

ButterQueen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:30 PM

I don't know, I'm not much for plastic surgery or botox, but if she is going to be such a bitch, she needs something to make her tolerable. I don't think I will sit through another show.

dougfir

dougfir

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

Saw a listing for this show but I opted not to watch it. I wonder why she agreed to do this show anyway; are those Education Connection commercials not bringing in enough bucks?

Writing Wrongs

Writing Wrongs

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

She has been doing some crappy tv movies, so I'm thinking she needs money.

As far as looks go, just look at Holly Marie Combs (her Charmed co-star and good friend) on Pretty Little Liars. She still looks great. I think Shannen's wild youth has caught up with her.

Edited by Writing Wrongs, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:04 PM.

Retrogrl

Retrogrl

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Not sure why this guy would put up with this.

Did you check out the house? I bet he drives a nice Beemer, too.

nique

nique

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

I have always liked this bitch. And she is a bitch. I will definitely continue to watch.

sidewinder76

sidewinder76

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:12 PM

Shannen's teeth have a weird history. When she was young (Little House, Girls Just Want To Have Fun) they were really big and crooked. When she got a little older (Heathers, Our House), they were straighter. I believe that she wore braces for a while. By the time 90210 began, she had a gap on the side. When she did Charmed, she wore obvious veneers, and, of course, there was no gap at all. After Charmed, she must've must've had the veneers taken off, and they must've shifted her gap to the front, because it's been there smack dab in the front for quite some time.

I think she came off as bitchy in the episode as well. But these reality shows are known for playing up peoples' "personalities". Shannen has been known as a difficult diva for years, and I'm sure that fact is well known by the producers. I'd be willing to bet that they asked her to play up the bitchiness.

Jen1n

Jen1n

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

Did you check out the house? I bet he drives a nice Beemer, too.

Retrogrl, that thought definitely came to mind- that's one fabulous house. I loved the outdoor fireplace patio area :) But if she locks him out of it and makes him sleep in the guest house, again, not sure about the dynamic between the two.

I'm also in agreement with you all that it's nice she hasn't had plastic surgery and is aging naturally. But, I'm just about her age and she definitely looks older than me. Of course genetics always play a part in how someone ages, but I'm sure the smoking and (rumored) hard partying didn't help.

CoCoYoYo

CoCoYoYo

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

I was always jealous of Shannen because she's a fairly accomplished rider and I envied that as a teen :p

I thought that she looked fine, although I do question her clothing choices :p

I did find it odd that the same photo of Shannen and her father was brought up repeatedly during the episode. Surely she or her mother had a few other photos, don't you think?

Not sure that I'll tune in for more. I mean, it's just another celeb having yet another wedding. There's no real draw IMO

DimSome

DimSome

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:53 PM

I have always liked this bitch. And she is a bitch. I will definitely continue to watch.

Me too. I've always been a fan of hers, from 90210 down to those awful Lifetime/SYFY movies she's in. I'm meh on the show, but I'll probably continue watching until her next flameout (you just know she and WETV will part over creative differences. Or, simply judging from the lack of activity in this thread, low ratings.)

sunset01

sunset01

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:44 AM

Love the house! At least what we saw of it. Must be nice not having to go to work everyday like most of us do. Instead she gets to play tennis with her mom.
I cant understand her needing a shower because it seems she already has everything. Did not like the china she seemed to this was great, but to each their own.
Its surprising that she has been married twice and never received a present. Weird!

I wonder how all those people invited to her wedding will feel, when she talks about them having to wear black or be turned away. Really Shannen? Maybe not everyone has a full walk in closet with many choices. She can very demanding and unreasonable. Does it really matter what color people wear? Is it not more important that people you love are there to wish you well? I dont get her attitude.

I will watch this show just because.

Lilac4381

Lilac4381

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

Love the house! At least what we saw of it.

Her house is drop dead gorgeous. Shannen does have very nice taste. Loved the pool and the outdoor seating. Does seem like she has a strong network of friends but yes, she is difficult/strong willed. Then again, if she were a man and behaved this way, I don't think people would view the man as "bitchy". The show does seem very staged so I think the producers had Shannen and the fiance rev up the drama. He actually seems quite smitten with her and it does seem they are quite happy - was it ever confirmed that he was married when they met? I remember reading rumors that Shannen and he may have started up before his first marriage was over.