24-9: "Go Out With a Bang" 2012.04.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

247 replies to this topic

Strega

Strega

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Tribe members compete for individual immunity; Tikiano goes into a tailspin as rumors of a hidden immunity idol surface.

Ben Stilwell

Ben Stilwell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

Jay gets himself voted off, well done.

Theories on why Tarzan voted with the women?

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

Jay, you are the dumbest link. Goodbye.

Apprentice79

Apprentice79

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

I knew Jay was going home, he was too trusting of the women. Whereas, Troy was right to be distrustful of them and saved his ass with his immunity idol. I don't feel sorry for the men because of their stupidity to follow Colton in giving up team immunity cost them valuable players on the men's side. The women have been very strategic and dispassionate in playing this game. I am rooting for the women.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

That was genuinely exciting. Well played pretty much everyone. Except Jay who deservedly got booted.

Interesting that he ALSO thought he was F3 with Chelsea and Kim. That makes at least three (Kat and Sabrina) people who genuinely believe that, plus Mike felt he was closest to Kim.

So now Troy's got a follower, a crazy person, Eliza 2 (no one likes Christina, but no one manages to kill her), and Alicia to work with and it's his last shot, as I feel like the Kim/Chelsea/Kat/Sabrina group is unshakable.

More after hockey.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Ben Stilwell
Jay gets himself voted off, well done.

Yep. But good. He was one of the last men left I didn't really like. Didn't hate him, but he just didn't seem all that likable to me, so good riddance to him.

Ben Stilwell

My guess? He probably finally realized the men truly are a lost cause.

SueR

SueR

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

How stupid are these men? All they had to do was join together and vote for Kim or any one of the woman. Granted, they're still in the same position next time, but at least it's a start. Now I'm rooting for Troyzan because he's the only one with a brain AND I find him hilarious as when he was narrating the reward challenge. If he can't get something going next time we're just going to watch the same old game where one man at a time gets voted off. And by the way, does Lief strike you as one of the dumbest players ever, especially after the way Chelsea played him? He looks like there's nothing at all upstairs.

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

I'm wondering if he's crazy like a fox.... remember there was speculation that at final tribal special agent droopy drawers would announce he'd played them all? Maybe that's what Tarzan really is planning. He's a doctor... he has to have more brains than he has so far displayed.

Paws

Paws

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Kim is awesome. So cool that a woman is completely running the game and so far doing so without being a huge asshole. She's up there in Yul territory as far as I'm concerned.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

. . . aaaaaaaannnnndd the Pagonging continues apace. It's the double-edged sword of this season: We lose the biggest asshole in the recent history of assholes (at least on this show), but we're left with predictable gameplay. And Troyzan's self-preservation move just screwed himself and the other guys.

I probably would have made the same move as Troy, though. It just bites that we don't get death-by-hidden idol. Who doesn't root for that? All he got was two votes, three guys split up their votes, and fucking Tarzan votes for Jay. Stupid Tarzan and his stupid underwear. Couldn't Probst make him wear proper shorts for our sake, if not merely for the contestants?

Meanwhile, if Leif somehow gets to Day 39, the jury will be the one explaining things to him rather than vice versa . . . . namely, that they're patting him on the head because of his stupid move at the immunity challenge, as opposed to his lack of stature. He must have been really hungry to buy Chelsea's bullshit. Or was it another woman? I know she wasn't black, Asian or dumb, and she didn't have a hatchet embedded in her face, so I knew it wasn't Alicia. That leaves Chelsea and Kim.

Liked the Probst-less challenge, even with Troy lamely offering color commentary. Tarzan manages to do something right, which put him one-up on the likes of Dan and Crystal . . . but then he blows it by checking out of the RC in roughly 0.47 seconds. Anyway, why was Probst out? I'm thinking that the cost of putting him into the festivities was diverted into getting the extra rope Leif needed in the IC. Or maybe he was at Colton's bedside, stroking his chubby, filthy hand.

Edited by Lantern7, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:23 PM.

Philipscomments

Philipscomments

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Troy has no big group joining him in voting for Kim tonight. He's in trouble. He's played his hand and now he had either better find another idol or win immunity. Or talk the clueless into switching sides.

I had so wished Chelsea had been blindsided tonight, and as she walked out said "Oh, by the way, Kim has an idol she's kept secret from everyone but me and now see how she threw me to the wolves." Never would happen, but I can dream.

village

village

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

Why do they keep taunting me with the promise of getting Alicia out and it never happening.

I feel bad for Jay for being so amazingly dumb. They probably could have pulled off something pretty epic game-wise if they were able to blindside Kim but Jay essentially managed to orchestrate his own demise. You'd think he'd be able to read a room. When everyone's avoiding your glance, Jay, there's a good chance that they're up to no good.

It'll be interesting to see who they go after if Troy gets the immunity idol. I'm not sure Tarzan and Lief are enough of a threat to warrant going after so does Kim stick with the girl alliance or does she try to pick off some of the stronger women?

Edited by village, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:13 PM.

Medium Rare

Medium Rare

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

And by the way, does Lief strike you as one of the dumbest players ever, especially after the way Chelsea played him? He looks like there's nothing at all upstairs.

"Explanate."

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Wow, Jay was way too trusting! I'm glad Troy played the HII.

I guess it is pretty neat Kim is sort of running the tables. But in a way, I hope Troy figures out a way to mess up her plan--not that I am necessarily pulling for anyone this time. I just want the game to be interesting.

It was too bad Troy could not win immunity and maybe give his HII to Jay--to perhaps convince him the women were going after them--not that Jay deserved it!

Very good show and season, I think.

SueR

SueR

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Why do they keep taunting me with the promise of getting Alicia out and it never happening. <BR><BR>

I know! I was praying that the men would all vote for Alicia and she of the witchy hair and nasty boobs would be gone.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Ah, my.....there's another species of stupid person that Troy forgot about: people who play an idol when they don't have to and make themselves a target. Granted, he thought that he was on the chopping block but forgot about the game 'flush the idol'.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

I knew Jay was going home, he was too trusting of the women. Whereas, Troy was right to be distrustful of them and saved his ass with his immunity idol.

Since he got fewer votes than Jay, it turned out to be a wasted idol, though I agree that he pretty much had to use it if he was at all suspicious.

Kim continues to dominate. They could turn on her at any time, but at the moment she's the master puppeteer.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Oh man where to begin with the stupidity.

I'll start with Jay since he made the biggest mistake of the season and most likely doomed the men. He says Troyzan is acting paranoid and then confronts Kim who for some reason actually tells him "Oh you won't tell him if he is going home right?". How did this not send up a red flag in his head that she has been lying to him AND that Troyzan was right to be paranoid? So after getting this information he then tells her about Troyzan's idol. SO SMART.

I can't blame Jay entirely because even if he realized she was lying they only had 3 votes (Troyzan, Leif and Jay) to vote for whoever Alicia or Kim, assuming they finally got on the same page. Which brings us to the next couple of idiots Tarzan and Christina.

These two are apparently happy going out 6th or 7th. Christina KNEW she was next on the girls tribe, she knows of the four girls alliance and is still voting with them? Why are people so bad at this game? How do you not see that 6 days from now you are probably going home. So they, rather than attempt to make a move, vote out Jay and waste another number they need to take down a known 4 person alliance.

Kim is the only one playing and even she made a bad move alluding to Jay that Troyzan was going home. But lucky for her Jay was an even bigger fool and let her know of Troyzan's idol.

This game is entertaining but so frustrating to watch sometimes!

torreador

torreador

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Since he got fewer votes than Jay, it turned out to be a wasted idol, though I agree that he pretty much had to use it if he was at all suspicious.

But didn't the vote plan get modified because Jay told one of the women that Troy had an idol and was going to play it? So they changed their majority vote from Troy to Jay.

Edited by torreador, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:25 PM.

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:28 PM

Kim continues to dominate. They could turn on her at any time, but at the moment she's the master puppeteer.

At this point, the only person I could see leading that charge is Sabrina. Not too long ago I thought that, because she knew Kim had the HII, Chelsea would take the reins to blindside Kim. But Chelsea has shown herself to be shortsighted (by talking in front of Jay last week) and too weak (by being conflicted to lie to the guys' faces).

Sabrina seems like a smart competitor. I'd be happy with her winning too. But so far Kim's getting the winner's edit.

musica

musica

Fanatic

• Interests:I am musica, and my BIRTHDAY is every day! (I don't know how to write that in the proper space.) My age... I am not young, but I'm a not old. <br /><br />I joined because I love So You Think You Can Dance. I was told about this site--that it was very strict. I'm afraid of the other sites because there is very little authority. The Fox board seems very out of control!<br /><br />I also love music, too. I love Bebel Gilberto and Vanessa Paradis.<br /><br />My favorite tennis player is Rafa Nadal.

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

I thought the original plan was to the majority to vote Troy out, and then in case he had idol then the second most votes for Jay?

I like Kim, but I agree with some others who say it is too bad every season there are those who do not seem really to be playing to win?

I feel like at least Troy is going go down fighting and maybe will spice things up a little bit.

arepera

arepera

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Troy is smart and desperate and fully aware now of how alone he is. Time to start approaching the lowest women and make them switch. All for nothing, of course as Leif and Turdzan are simply unpredictable.

Chelsea looked even hotter than usual today and got tons of screen time. Yay.

Sabrina prayed and missed her shot. Call me surprised. All my theories about Burnett religious agenda lie in dust.

Troy hit on a big one today at TC. Alicia running her mouth and the girls cheering for each other at the IC really tell the story of how the alliances work better than whispers on the beach. Can't trust a promise from someone who cheers for your alleged opponent on a challenge. Counterintelligence and all that included.

Fun times. Troy could make magic happen. We will see.

BurnXFreeze

BurnXFreeze

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:33 PM

It may be a Pagonging, but you know, it's a pleasure to watch Kim operate. If she wins, she'll be one of the most deserving champions ever. She's had a good plan and she's been able to execute it without drawing too much attention, and she's done an excellent job of keeping her wits about her among allies and enemies alike. It's rare to see a puppet master so in control of her emotions.

Edited by BurnXFreeze, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

arepera

arepera

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

Maybe Chelsea was smart to do her show of being pained about voting the guys. It could mark her as the girl you can trust when the alliance has to cannibalize themselves. Go with the girl who can't lie. Although she did no up lying. And she was pained in confessionals, so it was not an act. Who knows.

athena23

athena23

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Anyway, why was Probst out? I'm thinking that the cost of putting him into the festivities was diverted into getting the extra rope Leif needed in the IC. Or maybe he was at Colton's bedside, stroking his chubby, filthy hand.

Why must you fill my nightmares with unnecessary images??

As soon as Jay stepped down for the wings (and the beer he apparently wouldn't drink? someone said that, please say it's not so), I announced that he was gone. Yay, me? Not really. Liked him, but he was too trusting.

And damn it, they gave me a FLICKER of hope that it might be nasty, loathsome, vile, boobilicious Alicia going, but alas...nay.

I'm just kind of wondering when Sabrina's going to start calculating numbers and realizing that only a few can make it to the end and that she's not as in with Kim as she thinks she is. I like Kim because she's probably one of the more strategic players since Boston Rob, but at the same time, I'd like to see Sabrina step it up. Would make for far more interesting gameplay after the Pagoning.

Also, I don't know which is more off-putting: Tarzan's briefs or the "the game is afoot!" I kinda want to barf at both.

Finally, Mr.athena23 was watching for the first time tonight and said, "Is it Tarzan or Troyzan?" and I replied, "This season, we get both." His response: "Oh, my god." Exactly.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

I'm really starting to love this season. Maybe it's the lack of returning players being forced down my throat. Or various Hantzes being forced down my throat. Or the current famewhore asshole who was intended to be forced down my throat getting an early boot. I just really enjoy seeing talking heads and strategy talk from several different people. We heard from Kim, Troy, Jay, Kat, Chelsia, Alicia and possibly Sabrina tonight on strat talk. While it does seem to be an inevitable pagonging, I'm enjoying the scrambling. Not like the pagonging where freaking Rob wouldn't even allow his tribe of minions to talk to the other side. It might not be "water cooler talk", but I'm finding it great TV.

I knew Jay was going home, he was too trusting of the women. Whereas, Troy was right to be distrustful of them and saved his ass with his immunity idol

What's funny is that Jay played the exact role Troy played last week. Blindly listening to the women, without thinking it through. So I'm not quite yet on the "Troy is smart" wagon.

So now Troy's got a follower, a crazy person, Eliza 2 (no one likes Christina, but no one manages to kill her), and Alicia to work with and it's his last shot, as I feel like the Kim/Chelsea/Kat/Sabrina group is unshakable.

I still don't see how Alicia is someone the other side can work with, especially since she got two of their votes this week. That woman think's she's golden in her alliance - she has no clue. Or, perhaps, she does. Who exactly IS the "Final three" with Kim and Chelsia? Assuming they want to go with each other, even.

I'll start with Jay since he made the biggest mistake of the season and most likely doomed the men.

Sorry, I think that award has to go with Colton. While the rest of the men deserve honorable mention for agreeing, no one could top him working to go to TC when he didn't have to. Changed the whole game.

It may be a Pagonging, but you know, it's a pleasure to watch Kim operate.

Completely agree. I know I'm biased, because I love Kim and Sabrina, and don't dislike Kat or Chelsia, but I really enjoy this. And I don't miss the bitchiness and "I'm awesome and everyone else sucks" and horrible famewhoring confessionals at all. Not even a tiny bit. Unfortunately, I'm probably in the minority.

Oh, and one more thing. Oh, Probst. I understand his thinking. He's trying to make a good TV show. He's trying to paint a picture that is more exciting than what he has. But that nonsense about "half of you got votes, obviously no one knows what is going on" or whatever he said just made me chuckle. Probst, Leif doesn't know what is going on, which hasn't changed since about Day 1. Jay didn't know what was going on, but he's gone. Troy doesn't know what is going on, and has one less idol to prove it. Everyone else? They know what's going on. But you keep pretending that the women don't have this game in a stranglehold for awhile. I'll just laugh at you.

Edited by katesus7, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:46 PM.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

He says Troyzan is acting paranoid and then confronts Kim who for some reason actually tells him "Oh you won't tell him if he is going home right?".

She actually says "If we were, would you tell him?". More rhetorical/hypothetical, which is different than an actual suggestion that she plans to do so.

But didn't the vote plan get modified because Jay told one of the women that Troy had an idol and was going to play it? So they changed their majority vote from Troy to Jay.

While that wasn't made explicit or shown (Kim said she didn't have enough time to rally votes after that reveal), it's possible.

musica

musica

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

Troy hit on a big one today at TC. Alicia running her mouth and the girls cheering for each other at the IC really tell the story of how the alliances work better than whispers on the beach. Can't trust a promise from someone who cheers for your alleged opponent on a challenge. Counterintelligence and all that included

Yes, I agree this was a very good observation by Troy. To me, Jay made huge mistake not going for broke in the IC--just in case those girls were lying to him as they proved to be. To me, he should have never given up for chicken wings, thinking he could really trust any of the women. To me, he should have waited to see what the next vote would be so they would show their hand. Really, on a lot of levels Jay just was not thinking. It was too soon to tell if Jonas and Mike being voted-out was coincidence.

And even if Troy ended-up wasting his HII, he was correct in his observations that he and Jay were in trouble. To me, Troy had no choice but to play it after he was not able to win immunity. At least Troy tried to win the IC, and didn't just blindly trust the girls.

Honestly, I just don't see Kim as that great of player. I mean, it is more the rest are just easily led--willing to let her be the mastermind at this point. She has HII, no? So really they seem to be just be going along with that. Of course, we do not see everything either.

Edited by musica, Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:47 PM.

fredfunk

fredfunk

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

Poor Jay, what a drag. He was very likeable. When are these people gonna learn, don't trust anyone!

Riahsha

Riahsha

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

"Aww, Padonging"

~Mr. Riahsha after Jay was voted out

He mispronounced it, but it's so fitting here that I had to share. LOL The men are being booted one by one and amazingly with the help of other men. Where do they get these people?
What is up with Christina? Stick with the women, go out 6th. Go with the men, get 5th at worst. You don't even have to be at home to see that math.
I liked Kim until tonight. Just another ego driven woman. I thought she was smart until she clearly wanted the men to see who was in charge. I'm officially over her now.
Good luck, Troy!!!

Bum-puzzled Jay can now sit on the jury believing the women are with him...Idjit