3-15: "Big Brother" 2012.04.10 (recap)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

251 replies to this topic

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless youíre a Just Tuned In, who wonít be able to use it until youíve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:24 AM

From Comcast:

Blaine's older brother, a hot-shot Hollywood actor, arrives for a visit, and Blaine isn't happy about it.

I know itís hard to believe, but: an actual new episode!

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:41 AM.

bosawks

bosawks

Fanatic

• Interests:Ennui, regret and baseball. And I do love an ellipses...

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:01 PM

Geebus, but that was a lot of Blaine.

vb68

vb68

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

I thought Matthew Bomer was fantastic in this episode. Man, I wish he was Will Schuester.

merylinkid

merylinkid

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:03 PM

How many songs did Blaine get? And if he wasn't singing, it was Quinn. The others didn't even get back up. I have given up on ever getting to see Puck sing again, but hey how about Rachel at least?

I was waiting for Blaine's brother to admit his life in LA was not all that great. That's the usual cliche. At least they didn't go there.

alex816

alex816

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Well that was typical Glee at times but still an improvement. I was almost reluctant to tune back in after that last episode and its general decline. Matt Boemer can come back any time he wants. He was awesome, I'm glad that Blaine got an actual story, and thank God Finn and Rachel didn't get married. Poor Quinn's story was destined to be a mess but it could have been worse. At least this show made me laugh again at times and entertained me, that's all I can ask.

Ranwing

Ranwing

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:05 PM

Geebus, but that was a lot of Blaine.

And Geebus, but Blaine is a whiney little bitch when someone else in the room becomes the attention hog.

Three songs for Blaine? In one ep? When was the last time we actually got to see Kurt sing anything more than a spare line?

mustbekarma

mustbekarma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

This episode had me at Matt Bomer and kept me with Duran Duran. I'm easy. My favorite part the scene between Sue and Becky and the "parenting advice."

BloggerAloud

BloggerAloud

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

I would watch a Glee spin-off based around Cooper Anderson and Jesse St. James being egotistical and belting tunes.

Megardron

Megardron

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Ok. So wow that was a lot of Blaine. But I am not upset about that at all. That was probably the best episode since The First Time, IMO. I actually liked all the songs, it was funny, and the pacing didn't feel off. I can only hope the rest of the spring run lives up to that. And Matt Bomer as Cooper was fantastic.

beetlesoda

beetlesoda

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

I liked it, it was cool Sue was the best I've seen in a long time.

I'm just a little sad that the show wasted fighter and STIUTK on Blaine Anderson and the brother we just found out he had. I'm really bitter about fighter though. Speaking of Cooper I loved him, what was Blaine's problem, isn't this how most older siblings treat their younger ones ehh whatever. Thanks to Cooper I now know to be careful with my pointing.

I kinda hated that we jumped a few weeks ahead, I really wanted to see Quinn's transition. She was adorable with Artie, no so much with jesus.

Next week looks good!

Edited by beetlesoda, Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:08 PM.

Callllie

Callllie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Loved all the songs in this episode. Glad to get a little Blaine background too.

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Wait, what was Blaine upset and whining about all episode? Cooper wasn't a perfect human being but so what? He seemed like a decent enough brother for me who razzed his little brother, as virtually all older brothers do.

Matt Bomer is just too good-looking though. I didn't even know he could sing.

Edited by Titus, Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

AthenaLeStrange

AthenaLeStrange

Video Archivist

Blaine in the shower. More of that please.

Quinn and Artie? Sigh...

Rachel didn't think this whole marrying Finn thing all the way through? A teenager making a mistake? Will wonders never cease?

The writers don't give Puck a lot to do, but when he is able to have lines they matter. I like that!

Can the Sue has a baby storyline be over yet? To quote Vamp!Willow "Bored Now!"

The casting choice of Coop was extremely distracting. I kept calling him Neil.

Also the NCIS scene was confusing. Why was Abby out of the lab to find a dead body? Couldn't the writer have had it be Agent David at least?

Superflyse

Superflyse

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:09 PM

I can only feel that Fighter would be a way better song for Quinn to sing. In a whole bunch of different scenes it would have been very apt for Quinn to crack out Fighter.

I really hope they don't push for a Quinn and Artie relationship now because they are both in wheelchairs, but I am scared that is the direction they are going with.

Overall my feelings where of the "What the Fuck" variety. 7 Weeks allegedly not knowing Quinn's outcome, whether she lives or dies and that is what we get?
There was like so little reaction from anyone that Quinn almost died. Other than Rachel's little outburst to pander to the Faberry crowd.
They sat there awkwardly during I'm Still Standing, but no one really said anything? What about Brittany and Santana's reaction?

How'd they find out at the Justice of the Peace? Did Rachel just refuse to marry Finn until Quinn was there or did they get a phone call just as they were about go down the aisle?
It is a ridiculously important question to find out how things are in the land of Finchel.

Plus, you know things are good in the land of Finchel if he is taking relationship advice from Puck!
Then again, in the Finchel locker confrontation Rachel really needed to crack out the "It's always been Broadway, ALWAYS". They even got back together after Nationals knowing that Rachel would leave for New York. That was the deal, and really, that was always Rachel's dealbreaker.

That being said, Puck bringing in Finn to work motors would a good business move. So go Puck!

Way too much Blaine, way, way too much Blaine.

marcia marcia

marcia marcia

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:10 PM

It's official, I don't like Blaine. And if they are going to use that Gotye song it should have been for Puck and Quinn

Cloud99

Cloud99

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

I agree Titus. If that is the extent of their issues I'm really pissed because why waste the time. At least we got some good Quinn stuff. And the Quatie songs were great.

tablemejakeryan

tablemejakeryan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

*cheesy dramatics* Glee, you convinced me that you had turned a new leaf. The two episodes before the break were actually pretty good. Tonight was awful. Embarrassingly bad. What I fool I am. Too much Blaine and his version of "Fighter" was laughable. Too much Quinn, and her storyline went too fast.

I did enjoy the Nene smackdowns of Sue though. Their scenes are always great!

Edited by tablemejakeryan, Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:12 PM.

Colonel Green

Colonel Green

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

The was pretty good, overall, actually, though not without some issues:

1) Quinn's storyline had that patented Glee "update, y'all!" style, but I liked most of it. The idea that Quinn is maybe a bit in denial about the prospect of not recovering isn't a bad one, but they kind of fumbled introducing the concept, because Artie came off as totally convinced that she wouldn't walk again for no reason that I can see.

2) Blaine's story was a ton of fun, except for Blaine himself. Cooper was a great, genuinely funny addition to the cast. But Blaine's drama with him was totally ridiculous; he was a bit egotistical and showboating. So what? Most of the cast has had far worse happen and they didn't get that worked up.

Demian

Demian

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:13 PM

The only good bit was Dreamboat Blaine taking a shower. Pity Matt Boner was playing his brother, because those two really needed to start making out with each other.

BloggerAloud

BloggerAloud

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

Did anyone expect some sort of flashback scene with Quinn being told the real odds of her likelihood of walking so it would at least make some of Artie's raining-on-her-parade make more sense?

morenuke

morenuke

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

I must admit that I'm very disappointed that Quinn made it. I can't stand her and the way she talks.

talktothemoose

talktothemoose

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

Ugh, so much Blaine. So. Much. Blaine.

This episode was a snoozefest and felt like nothing but filler. The only good parts were the Artie/Quinn stuff, but that will all be pointless when Quinn gets up and starts walking again like we knew she would.

How many people didn't even get to SPEAK in this episode? Mercedes, Sam, Tina, Rory, Mike, Sugar, Brittany... did Santana even speak? That's got to be a record. But thank God we got to know so much about Blaine and some random guest character we will never see again.

On a shallow note, Matt Bomer is ridiculously attractive.

I did laugh at Kentucky Fried Stripper. I'd take a family sized bucket of that. Finger lickin' good indeed.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:13 PM.
Previews are off-topic in the episode thread

spanky91088

spanky91088

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

And Geebus, but Blaine is a whiney little bitch when someone else in the room becomes the attention hog.

Hi, come sit next to me and be my best friend. What the actual fuck was Blaine upset about!? His older brother stole his GI Barbie Joe doll and made fun of his dance moves??? Get the hell over it, that's what being a little brother IS. God forbid someone didn't kiss your ass and fawn over your derp face, corny dance moves and awful clothing. Cooper was RIGHT 95% of the time; even when he was being ridiculous with his pointing and yelling and ignoring your scene partner, Blaine could have a little respect and not act like a child with his rude under-his-breath comments. Leave if you hate it so much. Also, dude, for starting a 'fight club' at Dalton, you'd think Blaine would know how to make a proper fist. Little brother would have broken his hand punching anything the way he was swinging...

As much as I don't want Quinn and Artie together just because they're both in wheelchairs, this is probably the happiest we've ever seen Quinn, so... Although a friendship would be nice. And refreshing after all relationships all the time. I'd love to see Quinn start walking again and Artie afraid they won't be friends any more, but Quinn continues their friendship.

Did anything else really even happen????

DrScheme

DrScheme

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

Can't believe i actually liked a Quinn song. But I think I will download "I'm still standing" ugh I feel almost dirty. Shocking considering I guess I might have been one of the few ok with her not making it out of "On My Way" alive.

I am more convinced than ever that someone behind the scenes ships Rachel. Rachel (in tears)....Quinn: Now, C'mere (Quinn hugs/Holds Rachel's hand) DrScheme blinks in front of television.

Loved The acting workshop. Rachel as an investigator pointing while examining Tina's corpse. HeeHee.

Puck saying Rachel could get a job on TV as the "Quirky Girl Next-Door" LOL.

Rachel being forced to realize that she has been in love with an idea of Finn Hudson more than the actual would almost make this engagement worth it, ALMOST. Though i loved Kurt saying Rachel made Finn win her 14 stuffed animals.

Hotspur

Hotspur

Video Archivist

• Interests:Books, historical, fantastical, mysteries, the works. <br /><br />Good tv. <br /><br />Finding my way.

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Demian, I think you mean Matt Bomer, right????

And I liked it, more Blaine shirtless please!

tablemejakeryan

tablemejakeryan

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:19 PM

How many people didn't even get to SPEAK in this episode? Mercedes, Sam, Tina, Rory, Mike, Sugar, Brittany... did Santana even speak? That's got to be a record. But thank God we got to know so much about Blaine and some random guest character we will never see again.

Mercedes did suggest a non-alcoholic pub crawl and was quickly shot down by Puck.

She and Sam didn't even spare a glance at each other though. Just weird.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:18 PM.
Fixed quote tags

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Matthew Bomer is too pretty. And I say that as a straight guy.

(Although I too kept calling him Neil, and hoping that Peter would show up and arrest Blaine for being a giant whiney douche.)

Ranwing

Ranwing

Couch Potato

Funniest moments? Kurt going absolutely giddy over Blaine's older brother. Coach Roz escalating the age of Sue's offspring (now will be named partner at the law firm immediately upon exiting the womb). Sue's comment about Kurt pooping rainbow glitter.

The Finchel stuff... This is where the rubber hits the road. And it's nice for Rachel to be reminded that when one is in a comitted relationship, it can't all be about the needs of one partner. Yes, we know that Rachel has been dreaming about Broadway since she was an ova, but Finn was more than right to point out that it's both their lives that they have to consider. Not just hers. Not that I care about Finchel or want to see the two of them together because they are so fearsomely awful together, but Finn was right that their lives can't just be worrying about doing what Rachel wants.

And call me crazy, but with Rachel's single-minded focus on Broadway or nothing, I get the feeling that she's being set up for a big fall.

Breath We Drew

Breath We Drew

Loyal Viewer

So Santana was publicly outed and harassed and she sang a grossly offensive song AKA I Kissed a Girl, while Blaine isn't in the spotlight like his big brother and he sings Fighter? Are you kidding me show? That is some bullshit right there.

Thank you also for skipping ahead a few weeks and giving Quinn the B Plot while Blarren and his stupid brother wangst get the A Plot. This shows favoritism over Blaine is ridiculous. I don't mind an episode about him if they want to do that but it should not be the episode after the cliff hanger where Quinn's life was possibly in jeopardy. I couldn't even take it seriously and Blarren's bad acting was not helping matters.

Also yes Rachel you can do this without Finn, dump his loser ass and go on your way. Don't end up cracking and going to LA. I hate that they're making Rachel out to be the bitch with this crap, because when you're a female on Glee having ambition is the worst thing ever. I get Finn wants to take his future seriously but um sweetie you knew what you were getting into when you decided to propose, etc. I don't feel sympathy now that all of a sudden you have dreams about fixing cars.

That said I did enjoy Quinn/Artie, they were so cute, and I wish the show would focus more on the friendships and not on the dumb Finnchel/Klaine crap so much. Plus I'm Still Standing is now one of my favorite Glee songs.

My Faberry heart soared at their hug.

Superflyse

Superflyse

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 8:20 PM

It's official, I don't like Blaine. And if they are going to use that Gotye song it should have been for Puck and Quinn

The Anderson Brother version gave a weird incest vibe to it, because it is a break up song. It was also very weird that the band just disappeared at the end.
But other then that, that song IS the perfect song Puck and Quinn. I heard spoilers that it was them singing and thought it would be brilliant.

I kind of like the Teen Jesus and Quinn interactions, because he made the valid point that is important that she be able to cope with whatever the ongoing conclusion of the accident is.
The similar scene with Artie was a bit of a trainwreck because Quinn would know a lot more about what her doctor said and she is not him, so Artie, back off!
I felt very similar when Artie said the ramp was like child birth, which was joking but come on, better come back Quinn! I did like the hilarious laughing at the top, which was just very much Dianna Agron, not Quinn.

I really hope Quinn isn't left alone to deal with the outcome of her accident, which tends to happen in Glee... to Quinn, because how fucked up can one character really become?