CBS This Morning

• Please log in to reply

328 replies to this topic

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

What does everyone think so far? I like it, it's a new format. Charlie, Gayle, and Erica do a great job as well.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

I like this new edition for CBS. There is another thread with the old name so thanks for starting one up with the new and improved name.

I like the 90 second news right off the bat. Also like the "lighter" news stories with Gayle at 8.

Looks to me like CBS has finally got it right this time with Charlie, Erica and Gayle.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:10 AM

They sure have. In the past, it seems like CBS News tried too hard.

prairiegal

prairiegal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:13 AM

Love it. Charlie Rose seriously classes up the place.

Cgr

Cgr

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

I like the 90 second news right off the bat.

I like that too but so wish Charlie would say nineTy not niney. I usually only watch the first 20 minutes or so. But I think that is good. I really am a public broadcasting news person.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:44 AM

Charlie reminds me of David Hartman. He's so fair and well-balanced.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

Charlie shares some physical traits with DH so I see that, too. Charlie is a PBS veteran so I'm not surprised he brings credibility to the show.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Robert DeNiro seemed really uncomfortable during his interview with Charlie and Gayle this morning. I don't understand why he even agrees to do interviews.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

I never understand that part either

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

Robert DeNiro seemed really uncomfortable during his interview

IMO he seems that way in EVERY interview he does- his last one w/ Letterman was painful to watch. I also don't understand why he does them.

arejay

arejay

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 23, 2012 @ 10:23 AM

Charlie reminds me of David Hartman. He's so fair and well-balanced.

...Being a Coastal Carolina girl, I love hearing Charlie's soft drawl. Sounds like home to me...

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Really enjoying this setup. Charlie Rose is a true professional.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

And he's very well-balanced and fair. The perfect person for the job.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 1, 2012 @ 6:58 AM

I have a feeling this CBS news show will last a long time.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 2, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

I missed the show where the nun was interviewed about the Vatican and their negative view of American nuns being too "feminist." Did anyone see it? What did she have to say? I hope it wasn't that she is so sorry for her sins!

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

I have yet to see that.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 5:02 PM

Last week I switched from watching Today for about 25 years to CBS This Morning, & I really like it. Today has turned into nothing but trash TV, & CBS is so refreshing because it covers real news for more than 5 minutes. No Duggars, no Kate Goselin, just more in-depth reporting. I wish they'd bring Gayle on at 7 because I leave shortly after 8 for work, & I really like her. Erica Hill is just meh to me.

prairiegal

prairiegal

Fanatic

Posted Jun 12, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

Oh, I gave Today the brushoff the week Charlie Rose started on CBS, love the guy, he brings gravitas to the network that they haven't had in a while. I was prepared to not like Gayle, so I've been surprised with how much I do like her.With Scott Pelley doing a superb job on the Evening News, CBS has my attention full time.

heirloomtomata

heirloomtomata

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

I'm glad that Gayle's necklaces have shrunk a little. Seemed like she was adopting a Robin-Roberts-esque "trademark" with attention-getting jewelry -- but unlike Robin, Gayle's taste ran to huge, clunky, many-stranded necklaces that hit about mid-chest. They seemed inspired by a combination of Mardis Gras beads and Hawaiian leis. This went on for a couple of weeks before they evolved to something less gaudy. She still favors the lengthy look, but it's much more tasteful lately.

So with that managed, the show has really found its groove, I think. //shallow//

Cgr

Cgr

Fanatic

Posted Jun 17, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

I haven't watched morning TV in ages. Usually just listened to Morning Edition on NPR. Now I watch the first 20 minutes or so of Charlie. And sometimes more.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 10:45 AM

It looks to me like Matt has gotten NBC to get him a new co-host. Ann Curry is finished over at Today by all the accounts in the news today.

I hope ABC kicks them out of first place for good and CBS takes the no. 2 spot. Today with their TMZ-like morning show can bring up the rear.

CBS has a winner in the morning now and it's only fair that the ratings show it.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

CBS has a winner in the morning now and it's only fair that the ratings show it.

I just wish they'd use Gail in the 7am hour. I leave for work no later than 8:10 so I never get to see her unless I'm off from work, & I really enjoy her on the show. More Gail!

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 7:27 AM

Looks like CBS This Morning has shown the most growth of the three news shows the past few months.

http://www.mediabist...ng-show-ratings

Compared to the same week last year “Good Morning America” and “CBS This Morning” are both up in both Total Viewers and younger viewers, with CBS (which has half the viewership of the other two) up the most: +7% in total viewers and +12% in younger viewers. “Today” is down -5% in total viewers and -10% in younger viewers

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 9:24 AM

It does make sense the ratings are ticking up a bit. Not everyone, even those of us who like that type of stuff, wants to see that infotainment crime alert crap every day.

I don't watch CBS every morning, but it's a good alternative when GMA goes overboard on the Bachelor updates or Lara Spencer gets too shrill.

clare 32

clare 32

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 11:43 AM

It's only just begun. CBS is moving up and ABC is either topping or tying NBC. Take that Matt Lauer!

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted Jul 7, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

While I have nothing against Erica Hill personally, to me she just doesn't feel right in the anchor position. I think if they could replace her with someone who had a brighter (& I don't mean intelligence-wise, I mean personality-wise)on-screen presence, it would play off Charlie's smooth, steady delivery better. I think that might be why I like Gail so much better, & wish they'd bring her on at 7am.

Glad to read they are building in the ratings; I've switched from Today & I'm loving it.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 2:54 PM

I was a Today Show and GMA (more lately) fan for years but now it's Charlie & co for me. Love the 90 second bit and Gayle (sp?) for the light stuff. Have had a crush on John Miller for years (I loves me a grey fox!) and enjoy seeing his face and insight on a regular basis.

This morning they had a Bonnie Raitt interview and showed an old (24 yrs) clip of her and Charlie where she kissed him on the lips at the end. You could tell Charlie was smitten....and I think Bonnie was, too. Way cool. Worth looking up if you missed it. Erica, Gayle and Andrew (I think I remembered his name right) were teasing him something awful...;-).

justasimplegal

justasimplegal

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 10, 2012 @ 7:06 PM

I am so enjoying CBS Morning. In the first hour, you get several different topics with interviews from people in the know (usually no fluff). Politics, economy, health, etc. You know, stuff that matters. I haven't been around for much the second hour but what I have seen of Gail, I surprising like. I hope the show doesn't give in to the dumbing down that the other shows have. Really, if some celeb's life is that important, we always are a click (www) away from mindless entertainment websites, should we desire.

Alex Bogue

Alex Bogue

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 7:31 AM

Agreed.

Stgoldenneedles

Stgoldenneedles

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 18, 2012 @ 10:52 AM

I am ready for Erica Hill to return.