5-19: "It Girl, Interrupted" 2012.04.09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

116 replies to this topic

TWoP Mars

TWoP Mars

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 7:29 PM

From TVGuide.com:

Episode Synopsis: Serena wants to pass her It-Girl torch to a hesitant Lola, whom she pressures to do a modeling gig at a lingerie show. Elsewhere, Chuck seeks Blair's guidance regarding his past; and Diana resurfaces and stirs things up at Nate's newspaper.

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

ELIZABETH HURLEY GUEST STARS / EPISODE FEATURES A KIKI DE MONTPARNASSE PARTY AND LINGERIE SHOW - Serena decides she is ready to relinquish the spotlight and sets out to make a reluctant Lola (guest star Ella Rae Peck) the next "It Girl" of the Upper East Side, starting with modeling at a Kiki de Montparnasse lingerie show. Meanwhile, Chuck reaches out to Blair for advice about his past, and Diana Payne's (Hurley) return to The Spectator starts a power struggle with Nate. Penn Badgley, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Omar Madha directed the episode written by co-executive producer Amanda Lasher.

inanityrules

inanityrules

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Nvm wrong thread.

Edited by inanityrules, Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

inanityrules

inanityrules

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:16 PM

I couldn't...believe my eyes. Did Blair Waldorf actually stand up to Chuck Bass? Turn him down? Bring up the hotel incident and remind him that he sold her, and then bought her again?

Dan was precious. Serena was idiotic. I just don't understand her motivations anymore - one second she wants Lola to be IT girl, and the next she doesn't? One second she's using Lola to stop GG from focusing on her, and the next second she's furious at Lola for using her back?

I liked the Serena & Blair scene though, and the Dair banter at the MET steps was adorable.

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:17 PM

I get that Serena isn't the smartest of the group, but she's reached new lows.

"OMG, I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS THING IS HAPPENING THAT I TOTALLY JUST SET UP TO HAPPEN!" OH NO! What a terrible person she was this episode. She's giving Chuck advice about family while actively screwing her own.

I legitimately can't hear Ed Westwick anymore when he speaks. All I heard was "blah, blah, blah, mommy issues, blah."

I love how Dan and Blair don't play games like Chair always did. They talked out their issues, and OMG I know, the MET Steps were cheeesey, but so.freaking.adorable.

Thank you, GG Writers for finally allowing Blair to bring up the fact that Chuck once SOLD HER FOR A HOTEL.

Also, Liz Hurley is disgusting.

Edited by Philharmanic, Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:18 PM.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

Serena was idiotic. I just don't understand her motivations anymore - one second she wants Lola to be IT girl, and the next she doesn't? One second she's using Lola to stop GG from focusing on her, and the next second she's furious at Lola for using her back?

Word. You are using Lola and then get pissed off she was sort of using you back? pffft. I hated her whole story line tonight. So I suppose now she is going to 'out Gossip Girl' Gossip Girl with the blasts?

The MET scene was cuter than I thought especially for the screaming fangirls. lol. But I don't like that they HAD to write Chuck as 'buying' Blair again. Ok, we get it. It's DAIR. I wish they'd find a whole new storyline for Chuck aside from B and mommy issues. The latter is now so obvious, if they throw in a twist and mommy ISN'T Diana I'll scream for joy.

surfer

surfer

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:26 PM

Was Chuck seriously wearing a one-piece red tracksuit during that first scene with Nate?

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

I only caught some of the episode, all of it being in the second half of the episode, but I was totally confused to why Serena was so mad. Lola only used her to get into the party so her and Nate's plan could work out. Serena's used people in much worse ways for much less. And it didn't even do anything horrible to her, right? So why did she act like it was the end of the world and Lola was the Queen of Sabotage?

T o b y

T o b y

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:50 PM

So Serena spends a few episodes all up in this girl's grill about getting to know her family so she could then use her? And then get mad that she was being used? I didn't understand what game she was playing. Or is she just a bitch?

Was something wrong with Nate's lip?

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

Was Chuck seriously wearing a one-piece red tracksuit during that first scene with Nate?

That was an unfortunate wardrobe choice, wasn't it? That was also the highlight of the episode for me. Lily and Serena were all kinds of gross.

Blue32

Blue32

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Yes! That earned a good guffaw from me. Oh, Chuck.

I did like how Blair gently pointed out that Chuck shouldn't be leaning on her as a friend. Boundaries, finally!

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Lily and Serena were all kinds of gross.

Ugh, Lily. I forgot about that. I don't care for Ivy either, but what Lily did was just ridiculous and immature....really GG writers? No better scheme than that?

Edited by diorella78, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:06 PM.

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

I did like how Blair gently pointed out that Chuck shouldn't be leaning on her as a friend. Boundaries, finally!

YES! It's about time! Blair needed to learn that lesson so bad!

And she brought up that he sold her for a hotel? Even better!

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:06 PM

Ok, like I said, I missed a lot of the episode. I can catch up on the Chuck/Blair/Dan subplot on my own, but what did Lily do that was so bad/made Rufus not want to stay with her? I see she got her house back and I remember something about a check that never existed.

ParadoxLost

ParadoxLost

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

Well that was the quintessential Serena. She wants Lola to be the new IT Girl up until someone makes Lola their first choice over Serena.

Lola, Blair,Nate, and Dan should form a coffee klatsch to discuss Serena's pathology since they have all been on the receiving end.

That was an unfortunate wardrobe choice, wasn't it?

That sentence describes Chuck since they killed his father and decided to dress him like he was a founding member of the Rat Pack. I still blame the hotel. There is a basement filled with stupid costumes from another era in it somewhere.

BTW, was the brunette vogueing on the runway some special guest star I was supposed to recognize or was it random WTF filler?

Edited by ParadoxLost, Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:22 PM.

ridethemaverick

ridethemaverick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

The way Dan and Blair were looking at each other on the MET steps gave me LIFE.

I thought this was a great episode. Never thought I'd say it, but I'm rooting for Lola. That girl has spunk.

inanityrules

inanityrules

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 9:51 PM

Yes indeed. Preparing to meet his mother in that onesie, perhaps?

shannyD

shannyD

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Did anyone else notice the group photo of the Non Judgement Breakfast Club on Nate's desk?

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

I can catch up on the Chuck/Blair/Dan subplot on my own, but what did Lily do that was so bad/made Rufus not want to stay with her? I see she got her house back and I remember something about a check that never existed.

Rufus the Righteous met with Ivy (off camera) and worked out a deal where she would vacate the property and Lily would unfreeze her assets. Lily told Rufus she would call her lawyer/the bank and do just that so they could move back to the UES. Instead, Lily faked it all, moved in (I assume changed the locks? lol) and Ivy went to the bank and they had no idea what she was talking about when she tried to access the money. Rufus was pissed because Lily lied to him but I also assume for her general scheme.

edited for spelling.

Edited by diorella78, Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:15 PM.

Maka

Maka

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

So, Serena is officially nut balls, right?

Her reaction to Lola was so loony toons crazy, I was left all creeped out and yet cackling at her goofy ways. She sent out a Gossip Girl blast declaring that she, herself, is the bestest It Girl that has ever It'd. She also tried to screw up Dan and Blair by sending out that blast about Chuck being at the penthouse, even though she knew nothing happened between them. But, Serena acts so sweet and caring when she's face to face with both Blair and Lola, it's so strange... and sort of exciting TV.

Is Serena just fully sliding into cuckooville? It would be pretty fun if Serena was not only exposed as the knock off Gossip Girl, but also that she sent out the self-aggrandizing blast. Then the season ended with Serena all Sunset Blvd. nutso.

Yes indeed. Preparing to meet his mother in that onesie, perhaps?

Oh muh goodness, that Chuck onesie is the best thing I've ever seen. Ever.

Did anyone else notice the group photo of the Non Judgement Breakfast Club on Nate's desk?

I did! And I thought it was delightful.

Dan and Blair were the best. And Blair looked so, so pretty when she was talking to Serena at the beginning. I'm so glad my girl's gotten her groove back. The Met steps scene made me smile. I loved that Blair has some little minions again, even for a little while.

Edited by Maka, Apr 9, 2012 @ 10:20 PM.

snarkmachine

snarkmachine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

Serena has lost her marbles.

Dan and Blair were adorable. The scene on the MET steps was so vulnerable and sweet. Leighton has grown into a wonderful actress - her little 'thank you' seemed to encapsulate all she's been through this year and filled in the gaps of the writers' terrible writing where they've glossed over the pain of her miscarriage and her sham wedding to focus on round 490490042390 of ChuckandBlair. I loved how there were no games or lying or schemes between Dan and Blair - he made an honest mistake, he apologized genuinely, and they talked about it like normal people. And the gesture at the Met at the end? Dan is the sweetest.

Edited by snarkmachine, Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:25 PM.

humuhumu

humuhumu

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:13 PM

Remember when we all saw the spoiler pics of the Dair Met Steps scene, and assumed it was a dream because of the cuteness? Yet it was CUTER. I will continue to watch, as I am weak. But my personal canon of the show now ends with Dan and Blair walking arm in arm into the literal sunset.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

So, Serena is officially nut balls, right?

Boy howdy is she ever. Everything she did was so full of What the Fuck I'm not even sure what I just saw. Watching her blowup at Lola for using her in the midst of using Lola was just bizarre. There was not even a flicker of self-awareness. And this was after she forced Lola onto the street in her skivvies. Then sending the blast about how "Serena is the most It-est girl evah" I repeat, What.The.Fuck?

Dair continue to be adorable and refreshingly sane. They talked and were honest. And good on the writers for acknowledging that divorces, even ones you want, mean the end of something you at least thought you wanted. Granted in Blair's case it was the loss of the princessness and not so much the loss of the guy, but still.

Edited by RachelKM, Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:29 PM.

anonymiss

anonymiss

Fanatic

• Interests:TV: Breaking Bad ...

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

So basically Nate has been sleeping with Chuck's mother, Diana Payne.

I may be wrong but why else was she linked to Bart and why else is she back.

Jayden Kent

Jayden Kent

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:50 AM

On a shallow note, Aiden was freakin' HOT.

lchan

lchan

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:07 AM

So happy with every scene of Dan and Blair.
Serena is hilariously bad at scheming. At the end I'm guessing she didn't turn things over the GG, but I could be mistaken. GG did warn her of reprisals if she didn't hand it back soon. That would be awesome when GG strikes back, Serena just set herself up for a major fall. Also funny how Serena just glossed over Nate to scold Lola. The self declaration of being the ultimate It Girl, literally LOL. I want Georgina back, with Blair so mellow there's a lack of adequate scheming.

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

After watching this episode, I kinda have mixed feelings now. As much as I would like Dan and Blair, I'm not too sure now that we know Chuck paid the dowry to free Blair to pursue her happiness. I knew early from the beginning that Chuck would paid the dowry and this would be the baby steps to reunite Blair and Chuck. I think as much as Dan loves Blair, deep down he feels that Blair and Chuck belong together. You don't know how much it kills me to even blog this statement. I believe we all feel that season 6 is it and in just a short period of time, Blair will get back to Chuck (ugh). The Mets steps scene is the a very romantic gesture. Dan truly loves her and although he's not wealthy but he shower Blair with kindness and happiness. I hope I'm totally wrong but deep down, I don't think I am.

I don't know what to take of Lily and Rufus. They belong together and hope they will eventually work out their differences.

Snapshots

Snapshots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:28 AM

This episode had my love with Dan's wink at Diana and Chuck's red jumpsuit. Seriously, it was like he was channelling his inner Sue Sylvestor. Loved it.

Really enjoyable episode. I can't get over how much I've been loving Blair lately. As Jacob wrote in the recap last week, she just continues to be "effortlessly wonderful". She was so terrible and unrecognisable earlier in the season so I'm happy to see the Blair I used to love return. Trying to help Serena (although S was terrible)? Lovely. Being completely honest to her boyfriend about why she was upset? Love it. Standing up to Chuck? Yes, finally!

Lily though I did not love. She's been so hateful for the past two episodes. I still have no idea what Rufus was annoyed about though.

And like mother like daughter, Serena was the absolute worst. I can excuse her for using Lola, and even getting on her high horse about getting used by her, but sending the blast about Chuck being at Blair's was just cruel. Not only to Dan and Blair, but to Chuck as well. She knew that Chuck didn't do anything, and nothing happened between him and Blair. So I thought it was cruel she sent that, especially given she knew Chuck was upset. I thought those two were meant to be good friends/somewhat siblings. Obviously not.

grumpygoddess

grumpygoddess

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 4:37 AM

Love that Serena is in meltdown mode because of Dan and Blair. That blast about Chuck calling over shows how truly pissed she is with the whole situation. I loved her storyline in this episode.

Actually, the whole episode was good. The Dan and Nate scene was great, loved Dan's wink to Diana. The Met steps was perfection. The onesie, oh, the onesie.

And I actually think Lola is pretty cool. She reminds me of Serena when she came back in season 1. Her clothes are really casual but nice.

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 5:24 AM

This show will never rise above the level of guilty pleasure, and a spotty one at best, but am I wrong in thinking that it would be 100% better if both Serene and Chuck were removed and never mentioned again? Actually, remove Lily and Rufus while you're at it, and just keep Dan, Blair, and Nate and then maybe Lola and Ivy, and you've got yourself a decent little cast.