12-8: "Ad Hawk" 2012.04.08

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

295 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

AD HAWK (TV-PG)
THE CELEBRITY TEAMS MUST PRODUCE A 60-SECOND COMMERCIAL FOR ENTERTAINMENT.COM, LEADING UP TO ANOTHER DRAMATIC BOARDROOMStill reeling from last week’s dramatic Boardroom, one Celebrity goes on an emotional tirade against a teammate. With the whereabouts of an AWOL Celebrity still unknown, a verbal firestorm ignites. For their task, teams must write, produce, and direct a 60-second commercial for Entertainment.com. In the end, one team hits the mark, and the other team is left to fight it out in the boardroom, where another celebrity is sent packing. Boardroom advisors: Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr. Special guest Magic Johnson.
[-]

FreakyBunny

FreakyBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:02 PM

Bye, Lou. It was definitely his time to go. I got tired of feeling embarrassed for him.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

I could see that Lou would be annoying to work with, and didn't contribute much. But that doesn't make it alright for Lisa to call him, "a f***ing loser." That just wasn't necessary.

Nice of you to finally admit that Dayanna is "more than just a pretty face," Lisa. But it's too little too late.

Loved seeing the previews where Dayanna imitates Lisa crying. Hee!

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Hallelujah! Lou is fired! I am so happy. He totally is threatening, and totally clueless. In fact, in the car, he still was totally clueless about what a big jerk he is.

Lou last week when someone tried to offer and idea, Lou declared "No I'm the project manager - I'll decide" and now when Dayana decides something, he goes and pouts.

I'm so glad Lisa said what was on a lot of our minds. She really is brave. I felt threatened (and I'm just a viewer) when Lou said that. To me, that's a red flag of a threat. The fact that he prefaced it with "if you were a man" NO WAY. He meant he wanted to act like the hulk at Lisa.

Aubrey too faced, acts like a friend to that other girl and then talks bad behind her back. Two faced!

CK17

CK17

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Trump says he hates liars, minute later asks Lou a question, he answers honestly, he gets fired. Sound Trump logic.

Dayana's never going to be fired until it's out of Trump's control. She was the PM and was the creative behind the task. If it was anyone else she's be gone.

llcoolray3000

llcoolray3000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

First time in a while I felt like the right person got fired. Penn got off easy for missing a lot of a task for a second week in a row, though.

royvac

royvac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:09 PM

I am 110% happy that Lou is gone. I'll be 210% happy when Lisa is gone.

Gambie

Gambie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:10 PM

Goodbye Mr. 110%.

I think I'd rather be slowed boiled in oil that have to spend five minutes with Lisa L. and her nastiness.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:12 PM

When Teresa's team was back in the penthouse watching the BR, I enjoyed hearing the following exchange (about Lisa):

Paul: I don't want to work with her. She's mean..

Arsenio: and she keeps losing...

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

I think it's bullshit that Penn slides by each week despite missing a ton of time. If he had commitments that he could not get out of, he shouldn't have done the show. I would have brought him and Lou back in, and not Lisa.

Virginia Plain

Virginia Plain

Couch Potato

Loved seeing the previews where Dayanna imitates Lisa crying. Hee!

I'm not going to lie, I went back rewatched her imitation a few times. I can't wait to see the full thing.

Reese Cat

Reese Cat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

Loved Ivanka's smackdown of Aubrey by pointing out just why her team gets frustrated with her. And Penn, no way should get a pass for leaving yet again.

Arkay

Arkay

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

I agree with the above poster...it is the most Donald Trump craziness in the world to ask a question, demand an honest answer and then go apeshit about how the answer was disloyal to the team. Why ask the question, then? The man makes up crap as he goes along. I do think it was time for Lou to go, but Lisa's attitude and sense of entitlement makes me truly despise her, so I would rather she had gone.

Maddingcrowd

Maddingcrowd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

Lou was pretty clueless but Lisa is one of the nastiest people alive. I wonder when Trump is finally going to ask her why her "creative" loses the task every week. I agree on Lou being fired but I also wonder just a bit if his hearing impairment did make it harder for him to jump in. I would think it would be difficult to follow everything during a brainstorming session. Marlee Matlin did it with the help of an interpreter and I remember us all posting here how we wondered how he (and Marlee) could keep up. Doesn't excuse Lou's comment to Lisa but I hate her so much I just can't get too worked up about it.

Aubrey was quiet but up to her nastiness all the same. The minute Teresa's back was turned she had to say "Teresa isn't a director, blah blah blah"). Is she that desperate for any and all air time?

I doubt if either commercial would actually be used. The entertainment books are sold by schools and churches and they are not going to have a commercial which implies a hand job (or whatever). If Dayana's version hadn't been so dull, this commercial would not have won. Also thought Trump was crazy for suggesting either Penn or Lou play the newlywed guy. It would have taken everyone out of the moment and most viewers would have thought it was a girl and her dad or something. Trump has very odd ideas sometimes.

And now everyone knows to lie when asked about the other team's product if you truly like it better. Lou should have prefaced it by saying "The decision has already been made so my opinion doesn't affect anything" but the Donald probably wouldn't understand that logic.

Edited by Maddingcrowd, Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:19 PM.

RealityTivo

RealityTivo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

Lisa is a Grade-A asshole. She thinks she is the only one who is capable of doing anything. Yes, I agree that Lou did nothing and should have gone, but Lisa was not lilly white in the whole ordeal. She's ugly both inside and out.

bandita

bandita

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:18 PM

OMG..there are no words for Lisa .But you can listen to this music while you type about Lisa

and the eyes.....

She is THE star..........

Edited by bandita, Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:22 PM.

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

I'm trying not to be super shallow, but DAMN, that eyeshadow Lisa had on in some of the confessionals (near the beginning, at least) was SOOOO very bright turquoise, it hurt my eyes.

Maybe she's just mad that Dayana never gave her makeup suggestions to improve her look?

Also, I hated Lisa at the beginning of the episode, but I was happy she brought up Lou being unnecessarily aggressive (slamming through the wall). Anger management, indeed.

Very glad Lou is off the show; however, it should have been about 10 weeks ago.

Queena

Queena

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Bye bye Lou. I know I'm going to hell, but his voice annoys me. I know he has a hearing problem. His voice just doesn't fit his body. I'll go sit in the corner now.

Lisa irks me. I can't believe I was once a fan of hers. She called them f*cking idiots. And she was wrong. I'll be so glad when she's fired!

Someone should tell Aubrey that Trump isn't looking to hire any of them. She acts as if she's getting a real job at Trump Inc if she wins. Maybe she knows something I don't know.

NYGirl

NYGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

Oh my God I cannot take a minute more of Lisa. She's a liar besides a big mouth. I felt sorry for Lou and I'm not even a fan of his. He didn't deserve to be called a f***** loser by Lisa. Also I did hear him say we should be in the ad and he also tried to tell Dayana about her camera shots and was just shot down. In fact Dayana became one of the mean girls tonight.

I freaking hate when Trump jumps on one comment and never lets it go. As soon as he did that I knew Lou was going.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

I think Lou could have responded with something tactful, like "I enjoyed the other team's commercial, but I think it was a big mistake to leave out the pricing information - we made sure to include that kind of thing in our commercial" or whatever. People do it all the time in the boardroom (and in life). Being honest doesn't mean sharing your complete, unedited thoughts on the subject.

starglow

starglow

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

When Teresa's team was back in the penthouse watching the BR, I enjoyed hearing the following exchange (about Lisa):

Paul: I don't want to work with her. She's mean..

Arsenio: and she keeps losing...

I can't stand how Lisa thinks she is the smartest and most creative person who has ever existed since the creation of the universe. It would be annoying enough if she'd been a winner time and time again, but she is the BIGGEST LOSER for her team. Maybe she should not take over most of the creative stuff. Maybe she should simply take over Lou's role of lifting heavy items. Obviously, that is all she is good for, as she is a loser just about week after week. I was hoping to hear the magic words "Lisa, you're fired." No such luck. All I can say is if I never see or hear that foul mouth again after TA, I will be a happy person.

I found myself yelling at her through my TV screen. She is rude, nasty, obnoxious. My only hope is that she's home watching the show and, bam, the realization sets in that she needs meds. I'm sure not, though.

I do believe that is was overdue for Lou to leave, but Lisa had not right to call him a f'n loser to his face who has no brain cells. He's obviously a very proud man.

Edited by starglow, Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:26 PM.

redfoot

redfoot

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

This episode was just painful to watch. I have no urge to rush out and buy an entertainment book.

Goodbye L110%. I didn't like his threat to toss Lisa throught the wall (if she was a man).
I did like when he was fired he told Trump to take it back. That was awesome.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Since loyalty was such a key issue in the BR tonight, it's too bad Trump didn't take a look at Aubrey's interviews.

I honestly think she was hoping her team would lose so Arsenio and Clay would go after Teresa.

Aubrey's such a backstabber.

wej5541

wej5541

Couch Potato

I was shocked, SHOCKED, that once in the boardroom Lou slipped and said that he only gave 100%. That was 10% less work than he did any other task.

Starstruck

Starstruck

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I was shocked, SHOCKED, that once in the boardroom Lou slipped and said that he only gave 100%. That was 10% less work than he did any other task.

LOL, that's the real reason he was fired!

oldandbrown

oldandbrown

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I have to agree with Aubrey, Paul does very little. He is a lot like Lou, just not 110%. Paul brings nothing to the table unless it is asked of him.

And, Teresa is an idiot. Her grammar is incredible for a woman who says she is a college graduate.

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Not to worry in the next breath he got the 10% back. Lisa is just a nasty person and Aubrey is a back-stabber. Loved Ivanka calling Aubrey out in the boardroom tonight.

FreakyBunny

FreakyBunny

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

I agree that Lisa is vile, but that's not the reason to fire her. Arsenio probably had the most spot on comment of the season "She keeps losing". Why oh why won't someone point that out in the boardroom? She even gives them all the corroborating evidence they need because she says over and over again that she was responsible. All they need to do is add "you were responsible...for losing time after time after time".

Penn is still my favourite. He is playing the game while not getting played by it. He and Paul Sr. seem to have a dignity about them the others don't.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Has there been a show yet where Lisa hasn't told us how stupid someone is? I feel like every statement she makes is some version of "I'm too smart to put up with these people." Which is kind of ironic, since insulting and alienating people you have to work with isn't typically considered smart.

allbymyself

allbymyself

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

So according to Trump, you must be loyal above all else? Lying is ok? humm..

I hate Lisa, what an ugly person, I was sure Penn would be brought back and I wouldn't have to listen to her for the rest of the show, but nooo...