13-15: 2012.04.10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

106 replies to this topic

TeaGal

TeaGal

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

This season I've been hoping for a red line just for the possibility of Conda being sent home. With all her alliances, I figure a red line or her being one of those who walk out are the only way to get rid of her. She has no chance of winning the title but I hate to see such a vile person even make it to the finals.

JLVerde

JLVerde

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

To me, with the stuff she ate, that would not put on 2 pounds. What would cause her to add 2 pounds, maybe there was more going on, and that was just one binge, maybe there were more

From personal experience, my weight can fluctuate 2 lbs from day to day just based on how much water I've had (not water loading, mind you), how much salt I've eaten, time of day I weigh (is your stomach full at the time you weigh? have you pooed lately?). And I don't have a strict diet/extreme exercise routine a la TBL contestants.

So for Chris to have gained 2 lbs (not taking into consideration she may have just flat out water loaded because she wanted to go home) is not that shocking. Especially given her strict diet/extreme exercise routine. Just think about salt alone. If the TBL eating plan has next to no salt and her body has gotten used to it if she binges (even one good binge as pictured--even if that was pumped up to add drama) on even "normal" amounts of salt she could retain 2 lbs of water (without "loading").

Peanut butter (especially the less "natural" versions--and someone mentioned it looked like she had walmart brand, so I'm guessing that's not low sodium in any way) has a lot of salt in in. She was also binging on some heavy foods (red meat in that burger) so if she binged right before the weigh in then that food could still have been in her system adding weight (I know a big gourge of meat tends to slow down my food processing--sorry for the TMI). Same with cheese.

Hell, if she really ate all the food shown in her binge, there's 2 lbs right there!

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:53 AM

I think Chris did really well to lose a further 16 pounds at home after leaving the show. It's a heck of a lot more than other contestants have done.... people who had a hell of a lot more to lose!

Add me to the list of people who aren't cheering for anyone to win anymore.

I think this whole walk-out drama is going to turn out to be a whole bunch of nothing. Especially since it's been said (I haven't actually seen the previews for next week) that Conda and Jeremy weren't seen, seemingly to show that they were the walkouts. I call creative editing on that one. Sadly, I think 4 of these jerks will make it to the finale and no one deserving will win the grand prize.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:48 PM

Mrs. Obama's comment is no different then when a show stages Thanksgiving for a Thanksgiving episode that is actually shot in July. I am sure someone on her staff was given episodes to watch and wrote things for her to say to each contestant. Mrs. Obama is pretty smart so remember who was who and what to say would be pretty easy. (shrugs)

I read an article which said that the Obama's work out close to every day, with the President leaving earlier most of the time due to something coming up. Their trainer said that their daughters join them for part of the sessions and that Mrs. Obama is a beast in the gym. She looked like she was doing fine with that routine and was having fun with it. I have no doubt that she could hang with any routine that Bob or Dolvett dreamed up without too many issues. She is a fit women who seems to enjoy working out and eating well.

I also appreciate that little was said about politics. All they did was discuss the importance of exercise, eating healthy, and dealing with the obesity crisis in the country. I thought that they found a nice balance.

Makemelaugh

Makemelaugh

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

Damn, I sure hope no one in the White House is spending even a second watching this season of TBL!!

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 5:00 PM

Escapism has value. I can't fault anyone who wants to take a break from more important work, even if its to watch this show or meet with the current crop of Losers.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:56 PM

Chris' binge had to be a set-up (room service food PLUS grocery store staples?), and I suspect she other sessions not caught on camera.

and

FYI, for what it's worth, that was Walmart brand peanut butter Chris was eating.

That's really funny, because there are no Walmarts in DC proper, you have to go waaay out in the burbs to get to one. That had to be a setup.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:15 PM

MsLark:

I don't know DC well, but Google tells me there's a Walmart Neighborhood Market (Walmart's grocery store) at 1611 Rhode Island Avenue Northeast. That seems to be relatively close by, is it not?

spikester

spikester

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:29 AM

Mr bfd, that isn't very close to where they contestants would be staying. And honestly, how would Chris get there? If it were a cvs brand i could believe that she went and got it, because there is one on just about every corner in DC. I bet the producers set that up so they could film it. She might havej binged on something completely different.

bendercat

bendercat

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:33 AM

With regard to bringing eliminated contestants back and the current group not knowing ahead of time, isn't this the season of "no excuses"?! Keeping with the theme, there should be no complaining. If they were so confident of their strength, their reaction should be 'no problem', instead of whining or whatever we are in store for next week. It just shows that their complaining is about a possible break in the assumed final four.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

They're probably not confident anymore, not after Daphne and Adrian came back and basically kicked their asses. They're probably worried that the at-home people who come back will do it again.

ramble

ramble

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:57 AM

So let me see if I have this straight about the contestants: Flown to Hawaii, Flown to DC, Get to meet the First Lady, Live and Train in a Ranch free from the problems of life as if that were your job, then quit because a twist in the gameshow you are a part of? I hope NBC plays this the right way to emphasize what spoiled little bitches these people are.

Amen! This group, and more than likely most of the contestants in the past, seem to begin to believe they are somehow special the longer they last at the ranch. They are on a competitive reality show that is on TV to make money for the company producing & distributing it. I have no doubt some folks involved care about the health & well-being of the contestants, but by & large this is about money & drama & good TV. Whatever sells & brings in the advertisers & tie-in products. The idea that there is a "walk out" staged makes me roll my eyes & laugh & want to puke, all at the same time. Yeah, yeah voted off already. Yada, yada, yada. See above regarding it being a TV show. I hope they replace them all. Now THAT would be good TV!

And I'm in agreement with y'all that thought the Obama product placement ran too long. A two minute Jennie-O cooking lesson is about all I can take of an in-episode ad. I didn't need the half-episode dose of this ad. I got bored & FF'd through most of it. Though I did get to hear one of the idiot men, not sure which one, talk about how the First Lady obviously had watched & knew him because of some quip or another. That made me giggle. Really? Really stupidhead? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, she has staff that prepared some notes for her before she met y'all? Are you that politically naive? Even your local small town mayor has some notes about the head of the local Kiwanis before he goes to lunch at their meeting. Geez, self-absorbed much? You just go ahead & walk out.

LoneHaranguer

LoneHaranguer

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Mr bfd, that isn't very close to where they contestants would be staying. And honestly, how would Chris get there?

She could have asked the concierge to get it, or a production assistant if they were taking care of such matters rather than having contestants run up the hotel bill.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

Yeah, remember when Buddy was saying in his talking head commentary how Ms Obama is watching them and we are such an inspiration, and some others were saying somethings like that - i.e. wow she talked about my hot wife so she must be knowing that because she watches us, and I'm so glad we are such an inspiration. BLECH!

If anything, Ms Obama was just saying pleasantries like small talk. The kind of things you say to people at random, like at a party - How are you? How's your 3 year old brat doing? When they really don't care how your brat is doing, they're just making polite conversation.

Duh!

HandBanana

HandBanana

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

So after Roy's phone call, I thought maybe the house had collapsed, but then in the at home segment, all seemed rosy.
What a jerk he was being, to call her to come home.
Mayo on grilled cheese? I assumed the food came from room service.
I'm glad they went back to the ranch for the weigh-in, because I was wondering which inappropriate site they'd choose in DC.
Bob, Conda's still a bitch.

Roy is a selfish, insecure jerk. Imagine the fit he must've pitched, or lies he must've told, to get her on the phone.

I was picturing a weigh-in at the Lincoln Memorial, or Arlington National Cemetery.

I think Mrs. Obama said she watched the show while on the treadmill. I doubt the President watches it.

MsLark

MsLark

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:05 PM

I don't know DC well, but Google tells me there's a Walmart Neighborhood Market (Walmart's grocery store) at 1611 Rhode Island Avenue Northeast. That seems to be relatively close by, is it not?

That's news to me. There are currently big time battles going on about Walmart trying to set up their first stores in DC. Google Maps streetview shows a small cruddy store about the size of a really bad 7-11. That and a relatively sheltered white lady would not want to travel 32+ blocks into the NE quadrant from the NW quadrant (assuming they are staying near 1600 PA Ave NW). Why not hop over to CVS and pick up a brand name PB? I doubt a concierge would make the trip just to pick up "Walmart Brand," either. She's not a real celebrity. But now we're getting way off topic. Still--shenanigans!

I'm just happy Eyore went home. I think Santa sucks laying that headtrip on her like that, but she needed to leave, anyway.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:51 PM

There are no Walmarts in DC. There is discussion of some stores being built but those plans were recently put on hold.