13-15: 2012.04.10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

106 replies to this topic

TWoP Gadget

TWoP Gadget

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

THE CONTESTANTS MEET AND WORK OUT WITH FIRST LADY MICHELLE OBAMA IN THE FIRST EVER “BIGGEST LOSER” WHITE HOUSE WORKOUT -- In part two of the series’ biggest makeover episode yet, the six remaining contestants get to meet First Lady Michelle Obama, whose Let’s Move! initiative focuses on solving the problem of childhood obesity. The First Lady talks to the contestants about how adult behavior impacts kid behavior, congratulates the contestants on being good examples of health and fitness, and visits with each player and their family members. Then it’s time for a workout they’ll never forget as trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince lead the First Lady, the contestants and their families through "The Biggest Loser’s” first ever White House workout. Mrs. Obama also challenges the contestants with a competition to get more Americans healthy and active. Later, Bob tries to help a player who turns to food for comfort to deal with the stress of worrying about a loved one at home, and Dolvett puts contestants through a scenic last chance workout in front of the U.S. Capitol at the Ulysses S. Grant Memorial. Then their amazing trip to D.C. is over and they return to the ranch to weigh-in before another player is sent home.

stretchess

stretchess

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:09 PM

So, during Chris' binge did she have her own mayo with her or did she ask room service to bring it up? It appeared this happened while they were still in D.C. so surely they were in a hotel? Even if they had special housing, I don't imagine production would stock mayo, white bread, cheese, and burgers. I was worried we were going to be witnessing Chris also having a purging episode and glad she did not do this. Her breakdown on the treadmill was pretty heart-breaking... I wonder if she was regretting marrying someone 20 years older than her?

Wibnix

Wibnix

Loyal Viewer

• Interests:Backgammon, reading, animals, Foo Fighters, lotsa TV.

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:10 PM

First let me say that I really love Chris's new glasses. They are much more flattering than her old frames. Too bad she seemed to sabotage herself thanks to Santa's selfishness. Where did she score those burgers anyway? Are they allowed to roam around DC by themselves?

I was touched by Buddy's reaching out to Kim. I am starting to really like him. He has a great sense of humor and seems like a really good guy.

Michelle Obama is so inspiring. She looks great and I am glad she is advocating against childhood obesity. She was a great sport about exercising with everyone. I actually admire her more than the President. I am glad everyone was suitably respectful.

Finally we are nearing the end of this horrible season. Notice how everyone is changing their opinion about Conda all of a sudden (this means YOU, Bob)?

I like the hour format. Too bad the shows afterward are totally unwatchable (to me, anyway). The show tonight just flew by. Glad to see Chris is staying active and has lost a few more pounds. I kept waiting to hear something about the roof, but that didn't happen.

dreamer55

dreamer55

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:13 PM

I'm SO excited for next week. Can't wait to see how the ~walkout goes down. *pleaseletCondaleave*

I'm not surprised Chris went home. She's been wishy-washy since day one. And I don't believe any of her so-called "breakthroughs." I mean, she's had like five of them. It's almost as if she conforms however the people around her tell her to. She calls Roy (which, sidenote, since when have contestants EVER been allowed to just call home?) and he's all I NEED YOU COME HOME so she goes OMG HE NEEDS ME I HAVE TO LEAVE. Then Bob is all WTF SHUT UP AND STAY HERE so she goes OMG IT'S LIKE A SWITCH WAS TURNED ON I'M SO PUMPED TO STAY HERE. Whateverrrrrrrr.

Also, I'm amazed that Planet Fitness didn't sound the "lunk alarm" when Chris threw her weights on the ground. They have strict rules against that.

I'm sure I had more to say but I can't even remember anything now.

But seriously. *pleaseletCondaleave*

callmebetty

callmebetty

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

So turned in for the elimination and my heart jumped for joy when I saw Kim crying and Buddy get up to hug her. But then, what???? it was Chris who was eliminated! So why all the tears Kim?
Can't wait to see next week though. Glad it's only an hour as well. Though you know Conda won't be gone because she's like a cockroach during an apocolypse.

lu1wml

lu1wml

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:33 PM

So after Roy's phone call, I thought maybe the house had collapsed, but then in the at home segment, all seemed rosy.
What a jerk he was being, to call her to come home.
Mayo on grilled cheese? I assumed the food came from room service.
I'm glad they went back to the ranch for the weigh-in, because I was wondering which inappropriate site they'd choose in DC.
Bob, Conda's still a bitch.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:35 PM

Was the Biggest Loser on this week? It seems that my DVR somehow recorded an Obama re-election advertisement instead.

TelevisionMary

TelevisionMary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

I hate Roy for being so selfish if he was just lonely for his wife. GET OVER IT! Man, these people are so co-dependent. I hate it when family or friends get in the way of people wanting to improve their health. I want to just go over and slap him upside the head.

Pepp tits put his hand on Mrs Obama's hip when she greeted him. Anaconda called here "Michelle" (disrespectful!!!!); I can't wait for the alleged walkout, it will probably be much ado about nothing, just hype.

Bob's knee highs made it to the White House ;)

no10pin

no10pin

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

The whole binging scene seemed extremely set up to me. Maybe it was the 5 camera angles that we got of Chris eating her food. That phone call was obviously not 'the' call either.

The editing monkeys are doing their job, because everyone not named Conda has started to grow on me. Maybe it's because they are only on my TV for an hour a week now, so I hate them half as much.

3NV7

3NV7

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

It seems that my DVR somehow recorded an Obama re-election advertisement instead.

Indeed. Not very subtle there, NBC.

misterbfd

misterbfd

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

FYI, for what it's worth, that was Walmart brand peanut butter Chris was eating.

artdogs505

artdogs505

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:23 PM

sorry -- accidental double post.

Edited by artdogs505, Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:30 PM.

bubtuber

bubtuber

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Notice how everyone is changing their opinion about Conda all of a sudden (this means YOU, Bob)?

Yeah and around the time of the walk out he said most of the people were horrible and did not name Conda in the ones he liked.

I think next week we will get the beginning of the drama next week and it will be to be continued and we will find out the next week who, if anyone, is off the show

artdogs505

artdogs505

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Again, NBC? Two weeks in a row? Well, at least the campaign commercial made for quick viewing -- I just fast forwarded through the first 25 minutes.

I would say that it's too bad that Chris caved in to Roy, and that he sabotaged her, but I don't think either of them were fully committed to winning this.

Looks like next week is the "big episode" that's been hyped. Probably much ado about nothing. I expect new cast member Michelle Obama will come to the ranch and give everyone a pep talk.

janefinch

janefinch

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:43 PM

" I really think a strong woman can be misunderstood.". Bob's bs about Conda was gag-inducing and won't change the fact that most if not all of the finalists are unpopular, uninspiring people, Conda most of all.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:45 PM

I call bs on Chris being able to just call Roy like that (unless one of the kids said something to her about Roy wanting her home.) I thought phone calls, except for a emergency or you win something, was a no-no.

Kim only losing two pounds. I wonder if she was waterloading to be at the ranch for another week.

Did anyone else see the smirk on Conda's face when Bob was talking with Chris about Roy. She knew her butt was being save because of what Chris did.

Buddy being nice to Kim-gameplaying in case he falls below the yellow line-Kim votes to save him.

Bob and those stupid socks. Someone please call Stacy and Clinton.

And could these people get their lips more glued to Mrs. Obama's butt. Talk about free campaigning.

IzzleZizzle

IzzleZizzle

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:47 PM

OK, so despite my previous statement that I would no longer watch this season...I did watch tonight. 1 hour! Huzzah!! It probably helped that I fast-forwarded anytime Condor was talking.

Did not feel anything either way about the White House segment....and how is it a campaign commercial when there was no President? Michelle Obama != President, and the whole childhood obesity thing has always been a pet project for her.

I don't think room service would send up entire containers of mayo and peanut butter. I smell a producer setup. Did Chris put peanut butter on her burger? What was up with that?

That being said, I am glad Chris stood on the scale and took responsibility for what she did. Can't say I was surprised to see Chris and Kim fall below the yellow line together...it makes for better TV than Kim and Condor.

Fast-forwarded through the tearfest of elimination. Was surprised this group of idiots did not off Kim the first chance they got! Dolts. I'm starting to like Buddy more, even if he is a big ol' follower of the Troop of Evil.

DRAMA NEXT WEEK. And it is only 1 hour, you say? I may have to watch again. Sigh. You sucked me back in, TPTB! *shakes a fist*

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

NBC has been drooling in their socks over Obama since he got the nomination in 2008.

The first time they went to the White House was when Obama was pushing for his healthcare plan to get passed.

I find it funny that this is the season they decide to "visit" esp. with contestants that a lot of viewers can not stand.

OuiOuiCheri

OuiOuiCheri

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Looooooong-time lurker, first-time poster.

I am coming to the hideous realization that the ongoing redemption of C***a can only mean one thing--she is in the final four. And it is even possible TPTB see that she is capable of winning the entire thing. How terribly sad. I used to enjoy this show. It was moving to see people take control of their lives and bodies. Congratulations, NBC, on destroying a worthwhile endeavor.

ChicagoCita

ChicagoCita

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

Gah, Buddy, the First Lady of the United States is not your "Firstie." You are a guest in the Executive Mansion because you were morbidly obese and were chosen for a game show. You've hung on because you made an alliance with some of the most horrible people in the history of that game show. The fact that the First Lady agreed to appear on that game show to promote her pet project -- to drastically cut down the percentage of obese children in America -- does not make her your best buddy, or "Firstie." I was just cringing.

What a selfish prick Santa turned out to be! I bet he plays Chris's emotions like an accordion. So the old guy didn't like having to take care of Chris's teenage kids, so he sabotages her. No wonder she's such an Eeyore. And she had been positively glowing after her makeover. I felt so good for her. And then one phone call with Bad Santa....

Hating on Conda. Editing Monkeys, you will never succeed in making America love her. Give up. We hate her. You just look like fools trying to spin gold out of straw.

bubtuber

bubtuber

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

Kim only losing two pounds. I wonder if she was waterloading to be at the ranch for another week.

IMO I dont think she would risk being below the yellow line with Conda (who had a 1 pound disadvantage) Kim was the BL last week (and maybe the week before too?) She was bound to have a bad week.

Three Foot Six

Three Foot Six

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:45 PM

I'm not surprised Chris went home. She's been wishy-washy since day one. And I don't believe any of her so-called "breakthroughs." I mean, she's had like five of them. It's almost as if she conforms however the people around her tell her to. She calls Roy (which, sidenote, since when have contestants EVER been allowed to just call home?) and he's all I NEED YOU COME HOME so she goes OMG HE NEEDS ME I HAVE TO LEAVE. Then Bob is all WTF SHUT UP AND STAY HERE so she goes OMG IT'S LIKE A SWITCH WAS TURNED ON I'M SO PUMPED TO STAY HERE.

This, exactly. For the only "likable" person on the ranch, I just could not make myself like Chris all that much because she is so annoyingly weak. The only opinions she ever has are the ones of the person she talked to last. And I can totally see grabbing a burger when you've just had it with your diet, but was she literally dunking the burger in mayonnaise and peanut butter! Together! That's sick! After weeks on this show, that shouldn't be the first place you go to cope unless you really haven't addressed anything in yourself. Which makes me think she never needed this show at all - she needs a good therapist, and the weight will gradually address itself.

"I really think a strong woman can be misunderstood.". Bob's bs about Conda was gag-inducing and won't change the fact that most if not all of the finalists are unpopular, uninspiring people, Conda most of all.

Amen. As a proud feminist, let me assure you, Bob, that Conda may very well be a strong, self-sufficient single woman and still be a heinous bitch. The two are not mutually exclusive, and there's no need to insult the viewers by implying we can't tell the difference.

bigskygirl

bigskygirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:53 PM

I know I sound like a broken record but I am not buying the "Roy wanted me home" bs that Chris was spouting.

After seeing her kids at the White House, she calls Roy and he tells her he wants her home. Way too convenient!!!

She probably was already plotting to hit the road.

I agree that for some strange reason the producers want to keep the more obnoxious contestants on this season. Do they actually think this keeps the viewers watching.

I love how Kim calls foul when she thinks the rest of them want to vote her off because she is a "threat." What about the way she went along with Conda, Mark and Jeremy to get rid of the aqua team.

I guess she really wants her cake and eat it too (sorry, bad pun)

Edited by bigskygirl, Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:59 PM.

JakeyIsSusan

JakeyIsSusan

Fanatic

• Interests:television (duh!), pro wrestling, pop culture, awards shows, writing, dreaming, procrastinating

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:59 PM

I only started watching this season last week, and only tuned in because NBC was evil/smart enough to stretch the Michelle Obama appearance into two episodes (although I'm a wrestling fan and was interested to see Kim). I'll have to catch up on recaps to get a better vibe on these contestants, but I find all but Conda to be likable.

Did not feel anything either way about the White House segment....and how is it a campaign commercial when there was no President? Michelle Obama != President, and the whole childhood obesity thing has always been a pet project for her.

Thank you. With the recent exception of Hillary Clinton, First Ladies often choose projects that are apolitical in nature. Nancy Reagan spearheaded "Say No to Drugs", and Laura Bush was a champion of literacy programs. I wouldn't have felt a Laura Bush appearance on a reality program in 2004 would have been a vast conspiracy to re-elect Dubya. Yes, Michelle Obama has permeated through our popular culture more so than Laura, but there was nothing overtly or even subtly political about her appearance.

I was *really* hoping that after Conda spent time with the First Lady, "like" would magically drop from her vocabulary, or at least go own in usage by 50%. She was almost there in that first White House confessional.

I felt so bad for Chris and was really worried that her update would be a sad one. I understand the contestants aren't supposed to call home, but wasn't it a rare occurrance that the contestants were at a hotel instead of at the highly monitored ranch? The whole thing was a lesson in positive coping skills versus negative.

Shallow notes: Dolvett looks *good* in red. I think Michelle's speech after the workout was actually taped BEFORE the workout started, as she appeared free of sweat and in perfect make-up.

Rhettwoods

Rhettwoods

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 2:40 AM

I am really wondering about Chris' "binge" -- really? a whole jar of mayo sent to her room? And a camera just happened to be there to film the whole thing? I think she really did binge, admitted it, and the producers decided to show it on camera later with a few additions, such as the smearing of mayo, full jars of mayo and peanut butter, etc. I think the "binge" scene was filmed after Chris was voted off.

ProfCrash

ProfCrash

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:08 AM

The First Lady wears LuLuLemon yoga clothes to exercise in. I love LuLuLemon. Great stuff. I am assuming that is the "campaigning" that people are talking about. Great plug for them.

The First Lady has appeared on many a TV show, reality and otherwise, to plug her anti-obesity program. She has danced with pop stars, exercised with athletes, and appeared on food shows to discuss food. Her Chef's and advisers have appeared on more then one show pushing the same agenda. She focused on exercise, eating, and the most boring of Presidential Programs (6 weeks of pledging to eat healthy and exercise). She seemed to exercise hard with the gang and have a good time. I would be shocked if anyone votes for President Obama because the First Lady appeared on The Biggest Loser, and that includes more then one of the contestants who are probably pretty Republican.

Not surprised the see Chris go. Kim was at the bottom of the alliance but she was in that alliance. Chris was not and driven people batty all season long.

Meushell

Meushell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:47 AM

Bad Santa! ::shakes finger:: Bad!

Ok, I just wanted to do that. I can't really bring myself to really care about Chris or any of the contestants.

divingin

divingin

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:32 AM

It was so, so strange how Dolvett and Bob were introducing the contestants to the First Lady : "Mrs. Obama, I'd like to introduce you to Chris, she's one of our contestants, and she has lost 70 pounds,", "Mrs. Obama, this is Kim, she has lost 88 pounds" - WTF? Since when do Bob and Dolvett know the First Lady? They don't know her any more than the contestants, so what's with the trainers giving proper intros?

I was surprised how all of the contestants were not only respectful of Mrs. Obama, but seemed excited to meet her: I would have thought that certain contestants wouldn't give Michelle Obama the time of day.

Now that Chris is gone, I greatly dislike every single one of these people - not only Conda, Jeremy, and Mark, but also Buddy and Kim. I remember Kim's joining in with Conda on the cruelty to the aqua team, and Buddy did the same - I particularly remember a cutting remark he made about "no excuses" directed towards Adrian in the elimination room. People who join in on bullying are just as cruel as those who initiate it. I think the producers recognized that their final five was truly unlikeable, hence the reason they brought back contestants so late in the game. Then again, it IS early in the season for there to be so few people. I'd have expected them to bring back contestants again (not just the Aqua team early in the season) but I thought they would have done it a little earlier.

Why are Conda and Jeremy still looking so fat?

Bob only has one contestant now (since Chris left) compared to Dolvett's four - I wonder how he feels about that. I don't get why the contestants are still divided between trainers - at this stage in the game, with no more teams, let both trainers train everyone.

Add me to the list of people wondering what was up with Chris and her majorly set up binge. Full size peanut butter and mayo jars? Eating like that in front of the camera with all those different angles and close-ups? Huh? Oh, and I like mayo, but I wanted to vomit from the disgusting amounts of mayo on the grilled cheese and the combo of cheeseburger + mayo + peanut butter.

SallyInkspot

SallyInkspot

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:22 AM

Bob showed proper etiquette in how he introduced each contestant to the First Lady.

I am so jazzed for next week- FINALLY! I'm sure it will be stretched over 2 episodes though especially if 2 people really did quit. Please let it be that vile Conda.

Setting aside my distaste for Anaconda, she really has not been rocking the weigh-ins. Kim and Mark are busting their asses for every ounce since they are so close to goal- what the hell is Conda doing all this time?

Please let it be Conda and her brother that walk. Please, oh please, oh please!

Ben Stilwell

Ben Stilwell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:35 AM

Please let it be Conda and her brother that walk. Please, oh please, oh please!

I suspect it will be. I can't imagine any other two people going over a game twist.

Also want to add that many people use peanut butter as a condiment on hamburgers.