8-18: "A Lion Sleeps Tonight" 2012.04.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57 replies to this topic

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

Teddy laughing in group support was weird. It felt like it was written for a different character. The person who actually felt in character was Mark. Him understanding that Arizona's life wasn't easy, but stroking his own ego at the same time felt like vintage Mark so I liked that. And Christ on a crutch, just DO something with him and Lexie either way. I fell for them so hard in season 5 but this is just dragging on and on. I have to say, Derek was cute trying to be professional and being Lexie's attending and not her friend or big brother at work. 'Cause he never got inappropriate at work before. No, siree, not Derek.

I couldn't agree more, Why do they keep dragging this out is beyond me. Lexie chickens out once again and this time she can't blame Avery, cause he wasn't there, they were alone, but once again she says nothing. I just don't get it. are the writers trying to imply that she only wants mark because he's with someone else? and i wish they would stop saying mark and Lexie have plenty of scenes when their airtime isn't even 5 minutes and that's ever 3 episodes.

trstone

trstone

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

I liked that epi, one of my favs so far this season. Webber is all kinds of awesome in this. I feel horrible for Morgan and I didn't like the way Alex was written. It seemed like he just all of a sudden realized that she was into him and he just bolted. Even conceding that Alex is a character who treats people badly sometimes, that seemed too abrupt and a little mean.

So tired of waiting on the Mark/Lexie reunion. For me, they've drawn it out too long and I'm no longer really rooting for them or against them.

This Owen/Cristina stuff is heavy. Not sure how they manage to get them back together. The better storytelling choice would be to have one of them pull the trigger and get out. But it seems they are putting them back together, unless Sandra Oh leaves....She is the one I most want to see stay....Kind of loved that Cris had not told Mer about the cheating. I think Mer was right in that Cris didn't want others knowing, that she is trying as best she can to fix it in her head and forgive and stay with Owen. Telling Mer makes it that much more real and she knows Mer will advocate for Cris and probably for leaving Owen. I love how this is being done. SO and KMK are just killing it every week.

Arizona was definitely playing with Callie in the cafeteria. I do think that based on Webber and Mark's comments in the OR that Arizona's number is higher than 1 or 2. She just doesn't want Callie to go through what she, Arizona, goes through everyday with encountering Callie's exes.

atruezoo

atruezoo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

I agree with the folks who were mostly bored. Cristina's throwing the cereal at Owen was the only part I liked. This mess with Owen isn't high drama, IMO. It's just tedious, and everything else I've seen before.

I love Alex. But this is Ava all over again. Another crazy, desperate woman, another no win situation, another case where he's the bad guy no matter what he does. Of course he'll get screwed over by it in the end. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

I usually like Bailey, but not when she's yet again excusing a male's character's cheating. ITA that if she was the one being cheated on, it would be a whole different - and much longer - preachy speech.

And yet another annoying blonde carrying on about a guy she knew for two weeks as if she'd been married to him for 50 years? I felt more for the elderly patient then I can ever imagine feeling for Teddy. This story was bad enough the first time, too, thanks.

I also agree that they're setting up Richard to become Avery's Fake Daddy for when Mama Avery becomes regular #30, or whatever number they'll be up to by next season.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

How completely unaware must Callie be that it took MARK to point out the hypocrisy?

I appreciate the writers finally giving C/A something (ANYTHING to do) but this really pissed me off. Callie is not a stupid person. Why does she CONSTANTLY need to be told (by Mark...who's probably more unaware than anyone else) what a hypocrite she is. Callie didn't need to be told that 1+1=2. I can't believe it took this crap for her to realize how difficult it must have been for Arizona to get used to the idea of raising Mark's baby.

Her enumeration included the line, "Her. And her sister. Not at the same time, of course." So, it's safe to assume that she was yanking Callie's chain and that it's definitely not all, if any of them. I'm not saying Arizona didn't have sex with anyone in the hospital before Callie - why should she be the exception - but I wouldn't be surprised if her former lover(s) weren't in the cafeteria at all.

Yep. It was clear to me that Arizona was exaggerating a bit...or a lot. There was one girl she pointed to and Callie said "she's not even gay"...and Arizona responded "well she was that night". Arizona had already made it abundantly clear that she doesn't date baby lesbians or people who are just starting to discover their sexuality.

I do think that based on Webber and Mark's comments in the OR that Arizona's number is higher than 1 or 2.

Its funny because based on that conversation I actually believe Arizona more. To me, having Webber and Mark talk about the number being more was just to rile Callie up and make her worry for no reason.

I felt more for the elderly patient then I can ever imagine feeling for Teddy.

AGREED! I thought the elderly couple were soo adorable.

As twisty as Meredith and Cristina's relationship has been over the years, I still love it. Its about the only thing I like about Meredith to be honest. I loved her speech to Owen and how she interpreted Cristina's actions.

I wish Owen and Cristina would just get divorced already. What a toxic mess they are.

Erratic

Erratic

Stalker

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:53 AM

"One or two" is an obvious lie though. If it's one, it would be easy to say, "Just that one". If it's two, then why be wushu-washy with the vagueness of "one or two". Chances are the number is more if you can't specify one or two. That being said, I totally think that Arizona was playing Callie, which is why it was odd that she was expecting a fight that evening.

NYluv

NYluv

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

I totally think that Arizona was playing Callie, which is why it was odd that she was expecting a fight that evening.

That's the thing, she was expecting a fight because she wasn't playing Callie. Fact is, unless in the ep she said "just kidding" or made an effort to take it back in their last scene, her hookups are deemed truth.
At the end of the day, we can interpret all we want, but what is given to us on screen is what's canon.

And I mean, is it such a bad thing that she's had 7 or 8 hospital "exes"? I think it's fitting to her character. For goodness sakes, she scoped Callie out from afar to then approach her in a bar bathroom and kiss her. She goes after what she wants, even if it's just a little fling.

Also, I don't think it's that big of deal that Callie talked to her best friend about it. Who doesn't do that?! It's okay for Mer and Cris to but not for Mark and Callie? Give them some credit and move on from the fact that yes, they slept together, and yes, they have a past. He's not all up in their space anymore - this was the first Mallie scene in months! They're growing, people. And it was innocent. And, they are a family :)

lurker22

lurker22

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 2:45 PM

There was one girl she pointed to and Callie said "she's not even gay"...and Arizona responded "well she was that night". Arizona had already made it abundantly clear that she doesn't date baby lesbians or people who are just starting to discover their sexuality.

I think the difference here is that she wasn't looking to date that girl Noelle. She was just going to be a fling and all she wanted from her was some fun, nothing more. But with Callie, perhaps she thought that there could be more, and when she found out that Callie was a newborn, that was the deal-breaker for her.

Have At It

Have At It

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Episode was a little boring.

Best part was Owen and Cristina doing a 'Got milk?' Ad at the dinner table

RysenSun

RysenSun

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 4:40 PM

Boring episode. Tired of the Owen/Cristina stuff. Hopefully SO walks. Don't like Teddy so none of that nonsense interested me. Not a fan of Callie so that was snooze worthy.

If this the set up to the finale. Shoot me now.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:35 PM

Also, I don't think it's that big of deal that Callie talked to her best friend about it.

I generally hate Mark, but I didn't mind Callie talking to him about that stuff. What had me scratching my head was when Mark mentioned that he is in Callie and Arizona's kitchen every morning with Sofia. Really? EVERY MORNING?!!

And I mean, is it such a bad thing that she's had 7 or 8 hospital "exes"?

Generally no. But I don't know...I guess the way it was revealed makes Arizona look like a bit of a hypocrite (since she's always seemed irked by Mark's manwhoring ways) and at least to me, it doesn't fit with Arizona's character. I just never thought of Arizona as the "fling" type...and then sleeping with subordinates at that? It just doesn't ring true to me.

I love the premise of "jealous Callie"....but why couldn't they have had the ortho nurse be someone who had a deep relationship with Arizona instead of just one of what seems to be a long line of flings.

Edited by PoeticJustice32, Apr 7, 2012 @ 5:38 PM.

girl22

girl22

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

This was a very 'meh' sort of episode for me. i really thought that after such a long break that this ep would really move the plot along a bit more than it did.

I could care less about Teddy and her grief. Maybe if they'd have made her married to Henry longer, or actually love him for longer, or get together with him in a normal way I'd feel more for the plot line. Because as people have said, KR seems to be doing a good job of acting it. But during the grief group scene I just kept thinking, that if all the women in the group knew that you only married your husband because of insurance they'd probably laugh right back at you. Because I'm willing to bet that the other women in the support group met their husbands normally and probably loved them a lot longer than Teddy loved Henry. Who is she to laugh at someone for feeling like a loss was sudden, just because she knows more about heart problems than the other guy's wife? that scene just didn't work for me.

This season, Richard and his teaching mojo is actually the most interesting Webber been in a while. so his stuff with Avery was a nice little aside.

Lexie has really been bothering me in this half of the season. Either man up and tell Mark you want him, or move on. I don't need any of your weird rambly outbursts at inappropriate times to in appropriate people. I'd actually rather see more of April than her, like earlier in the season when it was Lexie light. Especially since the 5th years have boards coming up, at least Kepner could have a more relevant plot. Because Lexie fumbling around in neuro and whining about wanting or not wanting Mark, and then chickening out is getting SO old. So very old. I'm not even that invested in whether M/L get together or not. I'm just tired of the back and forth. Just choose a direction and move on.

I thought we'd see more progress with Cristina and Owen. Sandra Oh did a brilliant job with the material she had this week though. She can do so much without a ton of dialogue. That scene at the end made me cheer. I just don't see how Cristina and Owen can work it out. If its this hard to stay together, then maybe the universe is telling you that this isn't going to work. I honestly think they'd be better off apart. I like Cristina a lot and generally felt okay about Owen as individual characters. Together, I just think their relationship is unhealthy.

I think Alex did the right thing. Morgan was too dependent on him, and she really did need to step up and make some hard calls in terms of Tommy's life. I think his words were exactly what she needed to hear, and like AZ said at the end, if hating Alex is what it takes to make Morgan tough, then that's what she needed. Alex's progress as a doctor in this in my opinion was really good. And I hope it means no more Ava 2.0.

The old couple was the first patient set I've gotten invested with in a long time. Teared up when the wife turned out to be dead.

AnitaMC86

AnitaMC86

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

What a snoozefest. I wonder if they even bothered in putting something substantial anymore.

Although gotta say, I liked, no, LOVED Cristina throwing her cereal and bowl to Owen. I would've gone for the knife but still, good one. This episode cemented to me the fact that Owen is the biggest idiot in the world. Rick Santorum, your spot has been taken away for now. I mean, really? After blasting Meredith so much, he goes to talk to her to help mend things over with Cristina? Wow. Stupid and hypocrite. This is getting toxic. They need to call it quits, ASAP.

Cute Meredith, Derek, & Zola. Zola at the beginning was all sorts of adorable with her face and those cheeks! I love that baby. It also sounds this is more of Derek's dream house than Meredith's. Couldn't she even fake a bit of interest in the tiles? Also, Lexie...shut up. Derek won't be your advocate, go and get your man back yourself. Ugh. She is really annoying me now. And since I'm a sucker for the Mark/Derek bromance, loved the banter in the elevator. BTW, where was Derek the whole episode?

FF'd all through Calzona/Teddy stuff. Not interested.

I kind of love Alex yelling at Morgan tonight. She's starting to annoy me.

I know she imparted this sage advise on George and now Owen, but I can not recall if she's given the pep talk to Richard, Derek, or Addison.

No, she didn't. At least not on the same format that she gave Owen & George this speech. She did call Addison a tramp on PP (S3, I think) and told her to keep her knees closed, but as for Derek & Richard, not really. I think she doesn't know about Derek & Richard but I have erased memory on this. I don't know where Bailey comes off to stay this. I would at least expect Derek, who actually went through the pains of cheating (not just being the one doing it), give Owen a piece of mind but the whole "you did something horrible but you're not horrible" is old and I don't see how it benefits the situation. Owen's cheating is just one of the many "mistakes" he has made, it's just not a bad action, it's a series of bad actions. But I assume Bailey doesn't have the whole picture.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

So tired of waiting on the Mark/Lexie reunion. For me, they've drawn it out too long and I'm no longer really rooting for them or against them.

Of course they are, C/A, C/O and Teddy are taken up all the airtime, there isn't any left for Mark and Lexie's Story which is why i think by Seasons ends there still won't be any Resolve with them. Mark and Lexie's Storyline should have really started this episode, but no we had to listen to C/A talking about something that she have been talked about before they married. now with C/O's Drama just starting once again there is going to be no time for any sort of Storyline or even airtime for ML. I love how they promoted them acting like they'll have loads of scene in this episode and then we get one. what a joke.

PoeticJustice32

PoeticJustice32

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

I think Alex did the right thing. Morgan was too dependent on him, and she really did need to step up and make some hard calls in terms of Tommy's life. I think his words were exactly what she needed to hear, and like AZ said at the end, if hating Alex is what it takes to make Morgan tough, then that's what she needed. Alex's progress as a doctor in this in my opinion was really good. And I hope it means no more Ava 2.0.

Yea Alex needed to distance himself from her and good for him for realizing it soon enough, but I didn't like how he went about it. First of all ignoring his pages is just a no-no. Even if he thought Morgan was just pestering him about something small, he could have at the very least checked to make sure especially since they were coming so frequently. I just HATE when doctors on this show do shit like that. And as it turned out it WASN'T something minor. Secondly, why couldn't Alex have just told her all the things he said earlier instead of ignoring her all day? I don't know much about doctor protocol, but if Alex had been monitoring and operating on a child since the day that child was born, and then for whatever reason had to remove himself from the case, wouldn't he have at least informed the parent(s) that someone else would be taking over? I think Morgan deserved that courtesy.

Everything Alex said needed to be said, but he didn't have to yell at her like that. Its not like he's been trying to tell her these things and she's just been ignoring it. He was engaging in that destructiveness even after people were warning him about it, so he's just as responsible because he didn't nip it in the bud from jump street. I never saw this as a "Rebecca" redo because Morgan, in my opinion, has always maintained a pretty firm grip on reality, all things considered. Yeah she might have leaned on Alex more than she should have, but I think its totally understandable given the circumstances.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Well, CA has barely had anything relevant this season, they actually hadn't even been on screen together in a few episodes and have no real plot to speak of (not that I'm complaining though I do like them). But yeah CO story is taking far to long to resolve itself and I would have much rather seen Lexie take action this episode than Cristina throwing a bowl of whatever in Owen's face. I think it's just another example of a lack of balance.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:25 PM

Well, CA has barely had anything relevant this season, they actually hadn't even been on screen together in a few episodes and have no real plot to speak of (not that I'm complaining though I do like them). But yeah CO story is taking far to long to resolve itself and I would have much rather seen Lexie take action this episode than Cristina throwing a bowl of whatever in Owen's face. I think it's just another example of a lack of balance.

Callie and Arizona were in a heavy Storyline though, if ML were in one (Which hasn't happened and i doubt ever will) then the next season they should have bookends like Meredith/Derek have (Though why they have them is stupid since they are the leads)But within the last 10 episodes Mark and Lexie had 4 Scenes (Barely talking ones), (Though SR keeps going on and on with this plenty of scenes i have yet to see) and yet Mark and Lexie had only 4 Scenes all Season long and we only have about 6 episodes left, So once again they get slapped together until the next child comes into the picture. I get that ML (here) aren't a popular couple compare to the other three but this is getting Boring now. they should have gotten back together last season, no. then they had all Season long again to do something and then this episode and yet they keep stalling it for some reason. I couldn't believe mark is already talking about moving in with Julia or she's moving in with him, and it's been 5 months since Lexie could do something, 5 months and she hasn't said a word. This was once again the perfect time for Lexie to tell mark She wants to be with him and he was alone with her on the elevator, yet another attempt failed.

If that's not bad enough, The writers then imply that lexie is only going after him because he's with someone else. It seems to me from one writer to the next, they don't talk to each other. Now that this episode didn't bring any movement and next episode seems to be all about Girls night out and Mark Being Cheif, another episode that there is going to be no movement, at this point i'll almost take them getting slapped back together just so we don't have to play the waiting game another season.

And C/O's Drama is pointless, since they also had a Story the first half of Season 7. I was fine with it in the beginning but it seems to me this episode and last episode just started, It just shows once again their are to many characters for anyone to have a real story.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 12:18 AM

This was once again the perfect time for Lexie to tell mark She wants to be with him and he was alone with her on the elevator, yet another attempt failed.

replied in Slexie thread.

AlpineAddiction

AlpineAddiction

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:44 AM

i loved this episode more than i have most of the others this season! thought it was great. all of the characters played a part, instead of concentrating on just crowen for once. i actually liked julia and wish they would just have let that play out to be a healthy, happy relationship that rarely has a part in the script. let lexie have a life and story outside of mark and let her be a good surgeon again instead of a screwup with no concentration. i liked crowen in this epi for the first time since they first met. i like their story light. thought the cereal scene was hilarious. then read someone's comment about how its domestic abuse and people would freak if the sexes were reversed and felt bad. because that's true. liked meredith's interaction with owen and i usually don't like her ever, unless she's with christina. i loved the calzona story and find it totally believable. arizona said in the documentary that she came there as a fellow and we've always known her as an attending. also, callie was avoiding her for an undisclosed time after they kissed. don't understand why people would think she would lie, that's silly. she was obviously comfortable, confident, and actively dating even in the beginning. i don't know if i would consider a simple hookup an "ex" however. and no, i wouldn't consider someone i didn't officially date important to discuss with a possible love interest. thought i would find the teddy story tired, but i really enjoyed it this week. love the new richard! don't care for avery. and i kind of miss april. in small doses. not sure how i felt about bailey's last speech to owen. i don't think she was condoning his behavior. i think she was acknowledging that she knows he's a fallible human and that's okay. which is true. she's always been the person to champion others in their struggles, no matter what they are.

Edited by AlpineAddiction, Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:49 AM.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

Julia and mark have a healthy relationship? I would have never guessed since we only really seen her on Screen to give ML Angst, this was never about mark moving on and leaving lexie behind and having lexie accept that or they they would have had lexie not care that mark moving on, and really healthy? Julia was fishing for an "i love you" within three months. I don't see how anyone can actually like Julia or not since we have not seen her enough, taking my ML feelings out we know nothing about this girl but the fact that she is a doctor and apparently wants to be a hair dresser on her time off. Not to mention mark seems to have lost interest as soon as he found out lexie is single. and then their is the fact that Julia (Mentioned by SR) is a Lexie Clone yet your implying ML are not healthy while a relationship that is a rebound is healthy?

Why should Lexie have a life outside of Mark, She's been in love with this guy for a while, tried to move on, twice and it didn't work. has put her career in front of mark and anyone else, again were does she find herself? Oh right alone and miserable. Lexie hasn't been happy since being with mark. and she messed up the episode before this one and it had nothing to do with mark.

mandigirl

mandigirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:27 PM

Did Owen actually think that Meredith would be so chummy with him if she knew? What an idiot.

Christina is the absolutely perfect example of a woman who is a complete and utter bitch to her husband, and then is surprised when he cheats.

I would have to disagree. I know I'll hate myself tomorrow for this, but to use one of Shonda's stupid metaphors, Owen married a lion and then tried to make it a house pet. Cristina has always been Cristina- prickly, blunt, abrupt. He chose that, not Mary Sunshine, so that's on him. I don't appreciate Owen marrying someone like her and then punishing her for being herself.

I don't know where Bailey comes off to stay this. I would at least expect Derek, who actually went through the pains of cheating (not just being the one doing it), give Owen a piece of mind but the whole "you did something horrible but you're not horrible" is old and I don't see how it benefits the situation.

Bailey's little speech was whatever to me. Owen looked like he really appreciated it but since Bailey knows next to nothing about what actually happened, I thought a simple 'That's your personal stuff. I can still work with you.' would have sufficed. She went way too far IMO.

Since a couple weeks ago Owen was avoiding Cristina and now he 'wants to talk', I'm assuming in Shondaland, now that he's cheated, they're 'even'. What's that you say? Popping out babies when you don't want children ISN'T part of your wedding vows but FIDELTY is? Oops. Someone forgot to fact-check this episode.

scorpia

scorpia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Is it wrong that, at this point, I'd love to see an entire episode devoted to Meredith and Dreamy picking out fixtures for their house? We could see them wrangling with contractors, deciding on what marble to go with, and tricking out the nursery. I think it would be an improvement on what we've been subjected to lately.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 5:37 PM

Is it wrong that, at this point, I'd love to see an entire episode devoted to Meredith and Dreamy picking out fixtures for their house? We could see them wrangling with contractors, deciding on what marble to go with, and tricking out the nursery. I think it would be an improvement on what we've been subjected to lately.

I would love that, but seeing as we haven't seen the house actually built, I can suspect showing them shopping is probably to "Hallmark" for SR and Co to even want to write it.

AlpineAddiction

AlpineAddiction

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 1:21 AM

lol. sparkles2, i feel like you made a bunch of responses to what i wrote without having even read it. i didn't say i thought they DID have a healthy relationship, i said i wish they COULD have. i didn't say anything about mark being involved in lexie's mess ups. because only lexie could be involved in lexie's mess ups. as for julia, its the possibility of her being sane, happy, and angst free that i enjoyed. we don't know much about some of the characters who have been on the show for years, much less a few episodes. doesn't mean a person can't decide they like them THUS FAR. lexie's storyline is pathetic. i think her character has more to add to the table then pining for mark. i understand you are protecting your couple. i've noticed ML fans seem particularly touchy to the idea that those two may not work out. i just think they should work out or not and let the chips fall where they may. no more back and forth, back and forth. imagine all the great medicine-related episodes or even romantic/relationship episodes that were missed because of the miasma of inaction these two seem stuck in. what is the saying? fish or cut bait? i just think 4 seasons is enough to decide whether or not to be a couple and move forward.

Sparkles2

Sparkles2

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

lol. sparkles2, i feel like you made a bunch of responses to what i wrote without having even read it. i didn't say i thought they DID have a healthy relationship, i said i wish they COULD have. i didn't say anything about mark being involved in lexie's mess ups. because only lexie could be involved in lexie's mess ups. as for julia, its the possibility of her being sane, happy, and angst free that i enjoyed. we don't know much about some of the characters who have been on the show for years, much less a few episodes. doesn't mean a person can't decide they like them THUS FAR. lexie's storyline is pathetic. i think her character has more to add to the table then pining for mark. i understand you are protecting your couple. i've noticed ML fans seem particularly touchy to the idea that those two may not work out. i just think they should work out or not and let the chips fall where they may. no more back and forth, back and forth. imagine all the great medicine-related episodes or even romantic/relationship episodes that were missed because of the miasma of inaction these two seem stuck in. what is the saying? fish or cut bait? i just think 4 seasons is enough to decide whether or not to be a couple and move forward.

this whole Julia/Mark thing was to do one thing, open lexie's eyes. The writers had no intention for mark to be in a real relationship, hence why SR said she is a clone Lexie. It's Clear this is why Mark has been dating Julia. and seeing the way he looked at Lexie (Almost a sad like state) When she didn't walk out of the parking lot with him. He wants her to make the first move, makes sense since Lexie did not a year ago asked him to leave her alone.

That makes no sense, of course Mark and Lexie fans are going to get upset if they don't end up together, If C/A or MD broke up for good would their fans be ok with it? I don't know anyone who ships any couple that is alright if the pairing that the writers have been going back and fourth with is just ok with them not ending up together, really is that's the case then they are fan first fans. Mark and Lexie have been doing this dance for 2 and a half seasons, if i remember correctly Meredith and Derek didn't have their "Candle" Moment until Season 4, So really it's only been 2 and a half seasons, and about the back and fourth i don't mind so much as long as they have scenes, I'm a soap watcher so i'm use to it and kind of love it. Lexie tried to move on as did mark and the cases? I can't even remember a case being good this year or last, So she isn't missing out on nothing there. Honestly, This can go on for another three seasons. (Granted there are 3 more) For me it's all about the journey and really once they do end up together it's either going to be bookends (As MerDer sadly have) or Cheating, So i'll take the journey with the scene we had in this episode rather then watching mark cheat on lexie, or having lexie/Mark get no airtime at all.

nodepth

nodepth

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:48 PM

Zola is the only thing that makes Mer/Der watchable otherwise they continue to be like watching paint dry.

Cristina still rules and I love when she's the one who gets to react to the shit done wrong to her in her relationships instead of vise versa.

Still don't care about Teddy, don't care that much about C/A either, the attendings generally annoy me and their little club looking down at all the annoying residents and interns. I'm ready for the lot of them to just disappear into the parking lot while Mer, Cris, Alex and the lot take over.

I still like Mark though and Derek is tolerable when I don't have to watch him with Mer, I've never cared about this pairing. Oh, and I still like Callie except when she's an attendingschooling Mer, Cristina and Alex it bugs. She just will never seem that far ahead of them to me, she will always seem like Lexi is to Mer/Cristina they are like a year ahead but not enough to act like they have enough experience and knowledge to be schooling her left and right. Please, I remember when Callie was trying to fit into the group now she's up there at staff meetings with Weber, Sloan, Shepard ..... please.

Edited by nodepth, Apr 9, 2012 @ 6:53 PM.

Pixles

Pixles

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 11:09 AM

Are they intending to drag Cristina and Owen out until the finale because of SO's contract? Why in the world are these 2 people still living together when they are doctors and can afford other places? Richard and Mark lived in the Westin for a very long time.

Lion was a bore, the best part was Zola seeing it and making noises then MerDer seeing it.

She just will never seem that far ahead of them to me, she will always seem like Lexi is to Mer/Cristina they are like a year ahead but not enough to act like they have enough experience and knowledge to be schooling her left and right. Please, I remember when Callie was trying to fit into the group now she's up there at staff meetings with Weber, Sloan, Shepard ..... please.

I agree the timeline and way they raised Bailey and Callie to be on the levels of Mark/Derek is ridiculous.

MsSweatpants

MsSweatpants

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 2:56 PM

Like others, I think Arizona is embellishing her numbers just to be ridiculous and yank Callie's chain.

Strictly from a statistical standpoint, it doesn't work. I can see her having multiple partners before Callie, but not all within the hospital. A quick Google search reveals that the GLBT population of Seattle is around 12%... how big is the hospital that there would be THAT many gay women for Arizona to date just in that one workplace?

That's not even taking into account the women who are involved with someone else and unavailable, or those who just aren't interested in Arizona. The potential dating pool is pretty teeny-tiny.

CED9

CED9

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

I think the difference is, when Arizona initially pursued Callie, she was looking for someone to genuinely date/have a relationship with, not just sex.

The ladies Arizona pointed out were just one offs (or 2 offs or three offs) who were possibly just experimenting and not actually lesbian or bisexual, and Arizona had zero attachment to them. Nurse Colleen perhaps went a little deeper, and still harbored feelings for Arizona that were perhaps supressed when Arizona became more serious with Callie because Colleen worked with Callie on a regular basis for two years.