8-18: "A Lion Sleeps Tonight" 2012.04.05

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

57 replies to this topic

crazymadness

crazymadness

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

A lion breaks loose in Seattle, leaving a couple's lives and relationship at risk; Lexie overhears Mark's discussion about moving in with Julia; Teddy begins to take steps towards coming to terms with Henry's death; Callie grills Arizona on her past lovers; and Alex requests to be taken off Morgan's preemie case when she becomes too dependent on him. Meanwhile, Meredith tries to be a support for Cristina as the tension between her and Owen hits a boiling point.

Didn't see a thread so I thought I'd start one. Christina and Owen just need to break up already.

Edited by crazymadness, Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:57 PM.

MHCBadDude

MHCBadDude

Couch Potato

• Interests:Sports. NEO. Family. Golden Girls. Grey's Anatomy. Dancing with the Stars. Cheese. School. Walgreens (unfortunately). That's it.

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

I would've done more than just throw that shit in his face. No matter how many times Bailey says that he made a terrible mistake, and that it doesn't make him a bad person, I still won't believe it. He's been an asshoe for a long. Cristina needs to cut het losses and move on to someone who can give her what she needs, won't be overbearing, and won't push her to do something she doesn't want to do.

Patrick Dempsey growling was so hot.

Paws

Paws

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

I can't believe they are still dragging this out with Christina and Owen. DIVORCE already!!! I wasn't a fan of much of the show this week, other than McDReamy growling and Zola's pajamas. They always show her in the cutest pajamas! It helps that she is also the cutest thing ever, but still. Pajamas.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:28 PM

No matter how many times Bailey says that he made a terrible mistake, and that it doesn't make him a bad person, I still won't believe it.

She said pretty much the same thing after George cheated on Callie and I thought the same thing as you then and I am definitely thinking it now. I mean why does she feel the need to even say anything when she has no idea what's been going on that lead up to the affair? I usually have Baily's back, but that's just ridiculous.

Keial

Keial

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:34 PM

It always pisses me off when someone says a cheater made a mistake. The screamer did not make a mistake; he made a decision to cheat on his wife. Plain & simple.

I'm a little tired of the Lexie/Mark thing. Either put them together or make it clear that they are not going to be together.

Loved learning more about Arizona's past, even if it was only her sexual past. It took long enough.

Holliday

Holliday

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:04 AM

I can't blame Christina for chucking her cereal at Owen. I'd have the same reaction if my husband dared to sit down with Chinese without bringing or offering me some.

Canada

Canada

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 4:56 AM

This was the first episode of Grey's that I've actually managed to sit through for a really long time. It was quite enjoyable. Whatever they did..... keep doing it!!

I agree that Owen is a total shit. I hpe Christina dumps his nasty ass and he can get off of my screen forever. From the look of the preview they showed, he's going to cheat again next week. And if the woman he's out with knows he's married and sleeps with him anyway..... I hate women like that! Get some self-esteem!

Annoyed that Morgan is dragging out that poor baby's life. Doesn't she have any family of friends to help her??

BlueAngelCV

BlueAngelCV

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:48 AM

LMAO at Cristina throwing the cereal in Owen's face. I thought they were going for a thawing of relationships there and she was going to make the first move and the BAMF!

Owen is passive aggressively trying to make the decision to end the marriage Cristina's when it is him who wants to jump ship. Cristina deserves better.

Yay for Meredith calling Owen out but I wish Bailey had too. Old Bailey would have told him in no uncertain terms not to bring that crap to work with him.

Callie & Arizona - really?! We're replaying the jealous about the ex storyline? How completely unaware must Callie be that it took MARK to point out the hypocrisy? Did anyone else think that Arizona was lying or at least exagerating though? Also, I'm very confused about timelines etc. Who was there first and how long have they both been there? If Arizona really was sleeping her way around the hospital you'd think it would have come up before. I like Callie & Arizona but if you don't have a good storyline just leave them be.

Wish Mark & Lexie would just get together already. They're obviously meant to be end game but even as someone who liked them together I am getting bored and beginning not to care.

Liked Alex manning up but I wish they'd give him a good storyline, I'm fed up of watching him rehash old storylines in slightly different ways.

I don't like Altman but I thought the actress did a good job this episode.

Richard & Avery - why?

All in all an okay episode but they really need to get the characters back on track and start concentrating on the characters we care about.

deaja

deaja

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:15 AM

I hate Cristina more than just about any character on tv, but I still felt bad for her tonight. But a cheating husband is what she gets for being a terrible wife, so not too bad.

I found the lion storyline stupid, but I liked that they had two Gilmore Girls actors on the show tonight. It was really sad when the wife died and Teddy had to tell the husband. But Teddy is such a weak character that I've already forgotten that she's a widow. I was like "Why is she so emotional about this? Oh yeah. She was married to some guy."

fnftw

fnftw

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 8:29 AM

What. A. BORE. The only scene I liked this episode was Meredith telling Owen off.
They have managed to drag every single storyline to no end, it's so tiresome and uninteresting. I'm sick of the train wreck that is Owen and Christina, I'm sick of Mark/Lexi always longing for each other not at the same time, I'm tired of Teddy's grief, I'm tired of not having a decent and enjoyable storyline for Alex, and most of all I'm tired of wishing every week it'd be a kick ass episode only to be extremely disappointed.
This season started so well, I was hoping they'd keep it up. I hope the finale's good at least.

bijoux83

bijoux83

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:06 AM

I hate Cristina more than just about any character on tv, but I still felt bad for her tonight. But a cheating husband is what she gets for being a terrible wife, so not too bad.

Well, the proper cure for a terrible wife is to divorce her, not to cheat on her. what I'm finding extra gross about Owen is that he is all in Cristina's face now whereas he was avoiding her not too long ago. What, was the sex like a cleanse or something? Bailey's speech was weird. I have no issues about her not refusing to work with him because he cheated on his wife, but couldn't she just have said that? It has no bearing on their working relationship and that's that?

Teddy laughing in group support was weird. It felt like it was written for a different character. The person who actually felt in character was Mark. Him understanding that Arizona's life wasn't easy, but stroking his own ego at the same time felt like vintage Mark so I liked that. And Christ on a crutch, just DO something with him and Lexie either way. I fell for them so hard in season 5 but this is just dragging on and on. I have to say, Derek was cute trying to be professional and being Lexie's attending and not her friend or big brother at work. 'Cause he never got inappropriate at work before. No, siree, not Derek.

Gusto

Gusto

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:07 AM

Good episode.

First of all, let me just say how much I LOVED and appreciated Callie/Mark scenes! Although we got a much needed break after s7, I really missed their friendship this season. It felt good to be reminded of the insane chemistry Sara and Eric have. They seem so relaxed and in tune with each other, and make some really great scenes. I would love to see few more until this season ends.

About Calzona storyline. I liked it. It seemed to be light and funny (especially with jealous Callie!) but it also served to prove how much they matured as a couple. They communicate a lot better and are trying to make some compromises now. That little exchange at the end said it all. Az tried to explain it to Callie but Callie already understood where Az was coming from (thanks to Mark)and all was good. The only thing that made me scratch my head was Az pointing to all these women in cafeteria. Has she slept with all of them? Or was she just messing with Callie? I thought it was weird because she's been shown as someone who considers sex to be a big deal, and she used to berate Callie for all of her past lovers. Now it turns out she slept with much more people in the hospital than Callie did. Either she's a hypocrite or the writers are rewriting history again.

It was good for Alex to take a step back from Morgan/preemie. He really doesn't need anymore drama. He gave her a genuinely good advice and that's enough. But I did feel for their situation, I hope it doesn't end in tears.

Bailey irritated me beyond belief with the repeat of her "cheating is acceptable" speech. For God's sake. It is the ultimate betrayal of trust and no, it's not ok to cheat on the person you supposedly love. So disappointed in Owen. Cristina deserves better than this.

Derek/Zola/Meredith were adorable in the beginning. Especially Zola with the cute little noises she made.

Oh how I wish that Jackson and Teddy are not a part of this show. I just can't seem to warm up to them.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

Oh how I wish that Jackson and Teddy are not a part of this show. I just can't seem to warm up to them.

+

I sometimes like Teddy, at least when she was married to Henry and I like that she's an optimist most of the time. But yeah Jackson and April can go,especially Jackson. Can he please be eaten by that lion. He does nothing but come off like a whiny jerk with a lack of sympathy for anyone other than himself.The way he acted toward his patient of the week was beyond condescending and in my opinion unprofessional.

smwurr

smwurr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 11:55 AM

Did I hear Arizona pointing out to Callie that she'd slept with Karev? When did Callie sleep with Karev? Did I miss that, because I would have like to see that, ahem...hot!

Owen and Cristina are boring me to tears. Please let them die, please Shonda!

CED9

CED9

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Did I hear Arizona pointing out to Callie that she'd slept with Karev? When did Callie sleep with Karev?

The season 6 episode Time Warp. Callie was giving the speech about her successful surgery and let it slip that she and Alex had a celebratory roll in bed.

kurtz

kurtz

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:08 PM

Did I hear Arizona pointing out to Callie that she'd slept with Karev? When did Callie sleep with Karev? Did I miss that, because I would have like to see that, ahem...hot!

In Season 6, "The Time Warp", in a flashback which occurred prior to Callie meeting George.

Indeg

Indeg

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

We never saw them together as part of an actual storyline. It was revealed as a flashback that they'd slept together one time, way back when. Arizona flipped out about it in much the same way that Callie flipped out about the ortho nurse in this ep, which I really wanted someone to point out.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:17 PM

When did Callie sleep with Karev? Did I miss that, because I would have like to see that, ahem...hot!

never mind Indeg beat me to it and with a much more concise explanation than I could manage. It was in 6.15 "The Time Warp" though.

Edited by lovlylizzy, Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:20 PM.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

• Interests:Facebook: Jaclyn Holland-Strauss
    Twitter: JaclynHStrauss or Flirtycatherine
    My website is for those who are interested in blogs on pop culture, religion, philosophy, health, humour, politics, etc. I have polls, information on the Illuminati, tv shows, etc. I also have tips on how to improve your writing, along with tips for how to do better in school. There are also samples of my own writing.I hope you enjoy!

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

Christina is the absolutely perfect example of a woman who is a complete and utter bitch to her husband, and then is surprised when he cheats. I have never liked this character but now she's becoming uber annoying. I wish this show would concentrate on Derek and Meredith with moments here and there with the other characters. Anything else is just way too annoying. I really don't care about Teddy's widowhood, Arizona's past affairs, wives of patients dying while they are waiting for their loved ones, etc. Is it just me or did anyone else expect that old guy to be like, "Oh my goodness, thank heavens the old bat is gone!" it was just something about the way he took so long to express anything at all that made me wonder if something different was coming.

Fortunately, since the makers of the show don't take it seriously enough to air it on a regular basis, I think I'm absolved of giving a rat's ass about anything on the show.

bijoux83

bijoux83

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

The only thing that made me scratch my head was Az pointing to all these women in cafeteria. Has she slept with all of them? Or was she just messing with Callie?

Her enumeration included the line, "Her. And her sister. Not at the same time, of course." So, it's safe to assume that she was yanking Callie's chain and that it's definitely not all, if any of them. I'm not saying Arizona didn't have sex with anyone in the hospital before Callie - why should she be the exception - but I wouldn't be surprised if her former lover(s) weren't in the cafeteria at all.

PictureItSicily

PictureItSicily

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

We never saw them together as part of an actual storyline. It was revealed as a flashback that they'd slept together one time, way back when. Arizona flipped out about it in much the same way that Callie flipped out about the ortho nurse in this ep, which I really wanted someone to point out.

I don't recall Arizona freaking out. She was in the audience and had a WTF look, but there wasn't a freak out.

CED9

CED9

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

I don't recall Arizona freaking out. She was in the audience and had a WTF look, but there wasn't a freak out.

The next episode, Arizona kicked him off her service for the day. It was like nothing happened after that.

I applaud the writers for actually remembering that bit of continuity though.

scorpia

scorpia

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:14 PM

Now it turns out she slept with much more people in the hospital than Callie did.

Which is impressive. Also, that hospital has more lesbians on the nursing staff than a Vivid movie shoot. Damn!

So glad to see Karev man up.

Again, what the fuck with Owen and Cristina? Am I supposed to feel angsty and torn about them? Am I supposed to empathize with Cristina when she throws cereal in her husband's face? It's just dumb. He was an asshole to cheat. So leave him. Don't stew in your juices for a week and then throw stuff at him.

zenyatta

zenyatta

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:36 PM

Again, what the fuck with Owen and Cristina? Am I supposed to feel angsty and torn about them? Am I supposed to empathize with Cristina when she throws cereal in her husband's face? It's just dumb. He was an asshole to cheat. So leave him. Don't stew in your juices for a week and then throw stuff at him.

Works both ways. He stewed and cheated because she had an abortion. He should have left and divorced her then instead of lying by omission about being OK with her decision. Why has he still been living there? He should have moved out. I agree with not feeling torn or angsty about them. I want them to split and for Cristina to find someone new.

Bailey's "good people do bad things" speech irked. It was repetitive and if she was the one who was cheated on she wouldn't have that attitude. She'd be crying and preaching (and I do love Bailey).

I thought the episode on the whole was entertaining. I think its cute how they always have Mark and Derek with their daughters. Good thing for the girls that their Dads are around as their mothers don't ever seem to bother with them. At least it gives Derek something to do, another Grey woman for him to prop.

Edited by zenyatta, Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:37 PM.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

The next episode, Arizona kicked him off her service for the day. It was like nothing happened after that.

Yeah she was all "No because you slept with my girlfriend and when I look at you I want to hit you with a brick"

But then the next episode it was no big deal. Similar to how Callie was clearly over it by the end of this episode. just reacting out of initial shock at first I guess, understandable.

Bailey irritated me beyond belief with the repeat of her "cheating is acceptable" speech

I know she imparted this sage advise on George and now Owen, but I can not recall if she's given the pep talk to Richard, Derek, or Addison. I mean since she's on a roll she might as well take a tour of the country telling every cheater in America that she believes deep down they are good people. I'm sure Joel Greco could give her a list of names.

Gusto

Gusto

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

I sometimes like Teddy, at least when she was married to Henry and I like that she's an optimist most of the time. But yeah Jackson and April can go,especially Jackson.

I go back and forth on April. She can be quite entertaining, in small doses. Teddy? KR is good at showing Teddy's emotional turmoil and I feel sorry for her loss. But I just don't find the character interesting enough to invest.

Her enumeration included the line, "Her. And her sister. Not at the same time, of course." So, it's safe to assume that she was yanking Callie's chain and that it's definitely not all, if any of them.

Hm...Good point. I wish they would explain this better in the next episode. Because of things like this, I really miss reading The Writers Blog.

I know she imparted this sage advise on George and now Owen, but I can not recall if she's given the pep talk to Richard, Derek, or Addison. I mean since she's on a roll she might as well take a tour of the country telling every cheater in America that she believes deep down they are good people. I'm sure Joel Greco could give her a list of names.

I know, right? :)

jbserver

jbserver

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

I don't buy that Arizona hooked up with all those women because she was at SG for, what, two weeks before she and Callie hooked up. I know she went on a date with someone during that time but if she managed to score with all those women...girl must have some gaydar.

What will it take to make Teddy go away?

PictureItSicily

PictureItSicily

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

Yeah she was all "No because you slept with my girlfriend and when I look at you I want to hit you with a brick"

But then the next episode it was no big deal. Similar to how Callie was clearly over it by the end of this episode. just reacting out of initial shock at first I guess, understandable.

Thanks for the refresher. I completely forgot about that!

Back to this week...Lot of lesbians and bisexual women at SG, eh? Can't say I mind Arizona tweaking Callie after everything that happened last season.

lovlylizzy

lovlylizzy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Arizona hooked up with all those women because she was at SG for, what, two weeks before she and Callie hooked up.

They actually never explained how long Arizona had been there. The first episode she appeared in seemed to imply that she was promoted from within the hospital and not an outside hire. There have been other episodes that imply she was there way before they introduced her character. I take it as treating her like Dr. Nelson aka Derek's shadow who was just suddenly there without any explanation of where he had been before but everyone knew about him. Or Dr. Sydney Heron who showed up randomly well into season two and sporadically till season four or five and then disappeared never to be heard of again. So, it seems reasonable to me that even if she'd only been there a year before being promoted to attending she could have feasibly bedded all of those women or more.

DioxinBlues

DioxinBlues

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:01 PM

Is there anyone who wants Cristina and Owen to stay together at this point? Just hook her up with Jackson and him with Teddy and end everyone's misery.

The way JC played the cafeteria scene where she pointed out her "conquests" made me think Arizona was totally lying to get Callie's goat (which worked), though I don't know if that was the writers' intention. But in any other lesbian relationship this would've been one of the first discussions the duo had.

Loved Meredith's reaction to learning Owen cheated and particularly how EP played it. Don't like Bailey giving Owen a pass when she doesn't know the particulars and I don't care that she did the same thing with George, it's bullshit. You're having problems in your relationship? Fine. Got it. But you don't cheat and if you do you don't get a "free pass" from your friends. It's not a total deal-breaker but it isn't acceptable either.

My guess is they're setting Chief up to become Jackson's surrogate father so Debbie Allen can be a more regular player and have a romance with Richard.

Edited because the underline feature apparently doesn't underline.

Edited by DioxinBlues, Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:02 PM.