5-18: "Con Heir" 2012.04.02

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

112 replies to this topic

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:15 PM

DESMOND HARRINGTON RETURNS AS JACK BASS / BILLY BALDWIN GUEST STARS — Chuck (Ed Westwick) invites Jack (Harrington) to town to thank him for saving his life, but finds the trip doesn’t go exactly as planned. Blair (Leighton Meester) and Dan (Penn Badgley) attempt to consummate their new relationship -- but unexpected roadblocks get in their way. Meanwhile, Ivy (Kaylee DeFer) finds an unlikely ally in William (Baldwin) in her quest to be accepted on the Upper East Side, and Nate (Chace Crawford) is hopeful a new investor will save his newspaper. Blake Lively, Kelly Rutherford and Matthew Settle also star. Joe Lazarov directed the episode written by Annemarie Navar-Gill.

WeaselNeyer

WeaselNeyer

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

Was there anything going on in this episode besides Dair? Good lord their elevator scene was hot (Blair unzipping Dan's pants, clutching his hair, and kissing his bare chest!) And then, after bar slumming it, having sex again in an alley! I LOL'ed at Serena, Lily, and Rufus waiting for the elevator.

I seriously can't with Ivy though. Has she forgotten that she started this mess by pretending to be Charlie in order to get access (ie steal from) her trust! Stop acting like an innocent victim who has been wrong by Lily and Serena!

Lily was being so rude to Rufus re the Loft, although I loved him trolling her with the hotel room suggestions. But yea, this doesn't seem promising. Maybe Rufus will actually get a storyline!

Also - Chuck stuff, clearly Elizabeth didn't donate the blood, I'm guessing Diana did and she's Chucks ~real mom~.

tantrumette

tantrumette

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

Well, it was great to see Chuck involved in his own life and business, with a flickering family even though they're only on the way there or the way out...at least he's been given a life beyond Blair.

Ivy used to be interesting, now she's just childish and resentful, but then, so are Lily et al. Not really a fascinating SL. I would have been just as happy hanging out with Dorota and Leo.

But of course, the whole point was Dair, and it didn't disappoint. I could finally stop holding my breath. From now on, elevators are going to make me smile.

Philharmanic

Philharmanic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:39 PM

In yet another reason to love Dair vs Chair...

Penn has a body where we can have shirtless sex scenes!

Leighton has deserved it this whole time, but sticking her with the hairy one with the dragon nostrils who only has clothed sex has kept her from showing that bod.

Viva la Dair!

Janepod

Janepod

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

I'm 100 percent in Ivy's corner on this one. She was honest with Cece, who rewrote her will while of sound mind. The rest of the crew is behaving despicably. As if they have any more claim to that money than Ivy does! They didn't lift a finger to earn it! What nerve.

Maka

Maka

Stalker

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 8:44 PM

That was fun! I actually laughed really hard a few times, most notably:

Jack thinking of himself as the Magic Johnson of Hep C, and
Nate thinking Serena is his generation's Dominick Dunne.

Hilarious! And one of those was probably supposed to be funny on purpose.

I decided tonight that I want Ivy to go down. Everyone's being really gross about the money, but I've decided she's sort of boring and gross at the same time, so really she has to go. I hated her whining about being black balled in the Upper Eastside. Girl, take that money and move to Paris! Move to LA! Move anywhere else! So stupid.

Dan and Blair were pretty adorable and spicy. I'm happy they're having excellent sex all over the place, apparently, after having the bad sex at first. Though, I have to say I didn't care for Dan blabbing to Nate that it must be all Blair's fault. I gave him the side eye. Because women can have multiples, Humphrey, so if things wrapped up swiftly, it most likely wasn't Blair's fault.

Lily was being so rude to Rufus re the Loft, although I loved him trolling her with the hotel room suggestions. But yea, this doesn't seem promising. Maybe Rufus will actually get a storyline!

Yeah, Rufus seemed put out by Lily not even trying to make the best of things. I don't know if it'll grow into something more, but I liked him pointing out how it was difficult for him at first too, moving to Manhattan.

I also liked Chuck's storyline actually, well, parts of it - him paying a little kid to fool Jack was pretty funny and clever. Nate's story was pretty boring until he fired Serena, which was hilarious.

Also, random Dick Cavette appearance. Very, very random.

Light of Night

Light of Night

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:01 PM

Also - Chuck stuff, clearly Elizabeth didn't donate the blood, I'm guessing Diana did and she's Chucks ~real mom~.

I'm not so sure. Remember, Diana asked Jack to meet "us" the night of the car crash. I'm pretty sure, though, that Jack was talking to Diana at the end of the episode.

I can't believe that CeCe didn't leave some explanation for her will. Is somebody hiding it?

dreamdair

dreamdair

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:49 PM

I couldn't help but smile seeing Dan and Blair scenes. Adorable and funny. Him kicking Blair feet when he tried to get rid of the adults out of the loft. However, this episode doesn't need for me anyways to validate that they belong together by having sex. What's magical between Dan and Blair is something more than just sex. For me, it's about symbolism and the romantics. Everything that he's done up to this point for Blair is why I'm a fan. I hope that continues...

As for Chuck, his storyline will be interesting moving forward. Will we actually finally know the truth about his mother? Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

I kinda feel bad for Ivy. Everyone is teaming up to get her when she's a victim from my perspective. Carol hired her to do a job and she's done it. However, after getting to know the VDWs, she like them and love them because she never had a loving family growing up. Cece already knew the true Ivy and still trusted and loved her which is why she left most of the money to Ivy. Unless there's a twist to Ivy story but at the moment, I just see her as a victim. The one that should be blame is Carol and now William who's trying to hide the truth from Serena and Lily.

Edited by dreamdair, Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:50 PM.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

Blair's face when Dorota started talking about Vanya in the bedroom was hilarious.

But, gawd, I hate Lola and her self-righteousness about the Van der Woodsons. As someone pointed out above, everyone is being really gross about the money. Who cares who Cece left it to? It was her money to leave!

swampy

swampy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

As for Chuck, his storyline will be interesting moving forward. Will we actually finally know the truth about his mother?

Until the next time they decide to retcon it.

But seriously, I've really enjoyed the back half of this season, and this was no exception. I'm glad that they've fully abandoned themselves to full-stop soap. Next week looks like a blast, as well. If the show isn't going to be good, per se, then at least it should be fun, and they've really been bringing it in that department IMO.

AwesomeWelles

AwesomeWelles

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:28 PM

I can't be the only person who hated the entire episode? I'm bored of the journalism merry-go-round that everyone seems to be on. First Blair lands a job at W Magazine (with Dan as her intern - I'm condensing), then Nate takes over a newspaper, but now Serena (who is still in college, I assume?) is (was) pretending to be fucking Woodward and Bernstein!

Even the comic relief didn't relieve anything. I found the whole Dair situation (which, usually, I'm totally on board with) the most unerotic, unsexy and boring 'relationship' that I've ever witnessed. My two favourite characters finally fell into the Character/Storyline lottery. I'm convinced that the writers write the script and then add in the names later, completely at random - possibly with the aid of a bingo machine. It's the only possible explanation.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 11:19 PM

I kinda feel bad for Ivy. Everyone is teaming up to get her when she's a victim from my perspective. Carol hired her to do a job and she's done it. However, after getting to know the VDWs, she like them and love them because she never had a loving family growing up. Cece already knew the true Ivy and still trusted and loved her which is why she left most of the money to Ivy. Unless there's a twist to Ivy story but at the moment, I just see her as a victim. The one that should be blame is Carol and now William who's trying to hide the truth from Serena and Lily.

I think viewers could see her as a victim (although to me a con artist is a con artist, even with a 'heart of gold') but for the VDW, if I were them I'd be hating on her too. All they see is some faker Mcfakerson who hid Cece's illness and ended up with most of her money. Add in what Max told/warned them and it looks shadey. I wish more crap would be thrown Carol's way, though, since she instigated it all.

I had warmed to the Ivy character for a while but now I just want this storyline wrapped. She's whiney and I don't like Lola/real Charlie very much either, mainly because IMO Ella Rae Peck is a horrible actor.

RachelKM

RachelKM

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:36 AM

I tuned in for Dair (gave up on this show ages ago, but they pulled me back in enough to keep apprised of Dair events). They were absolutely adorable and totally sexy (even if my inner OCD loon freaked out a little over the dirty - in the literal sense - alley sex).

As for the other story lines, eh. Totally forgot to care about Chuck's mom. Good luck to him. And the Lola/Ivy thing was interesting when I tuned in a few weeks ago, but tonight I was just distracted by how much the girl that plays Lola resembles Sarena. Good physical casting on that one.

Final note, it's amazing how much Sarena still brings out my schadenfreude. I thought it would have faded, but when Nate fired her ass, I gave a total Nelson Muntz "Ha ha."

snarkmachine

snarkmachine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:43 AM

Dan and Blair continue to be the only good thing about this show. Each of their scenes was like a breath of fresh air after watching the plotty mess of exposition that was the rest of the episode. Seriously, did any line not including Dan and Blair NOT include exposition? It was so dull and boring. I literally could not care about the Spectate, Nate/Lola, Ivy or vdw drama. I mustered up a bit of sympathy for Serena, but not that much seeing as everything was so plotty and stupid.

Having said that, the dialogue seemed a notch above in this episode - or maybe it was the delivery by the actors. PB, LM and Desmond Harrington were all really good in this episode.

And the elevator scene was hot. I'm glad Leighton finally gets to act with someone who can take his shirt off.

Edited by snarkmachine, Apr 3, 2012 @ 12:46 AM.

KissedByARose

KissedByARose

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 1:23 AM

I think viewers could see her as a victim (although to me a con artist is a con artist, even with a 'heart of gold') but for the VDW, if I were them I'd be hating on her too. All they see is some faker Mcfakerson who hid Cece's illness and ended up with most of her money. Add in what Max told/warned them and it looks shadey. I wish more crap would be thrown Carol's way, though, since she instigated it all.

I had warmed to the Ivy character for a while but now I just want this storyline wrapped. She's whiney and I don't like Lola/real Charlie very much either, mainly because IMO Ella Rae Peck is a horrible actor.

I agree except I never really liked Ivy and why would she stay in NYC? I definitely don't see a victim just because she changed her mind about her motivations midway through the scheme doesn't mean anything to me. What did she expect would happen once everyone found out the truth?

I wish they would give Chuck something else to deal with besides Blair and his mommy issues.

I am indifferent to Dan/Blair which I guess is better than hating Chuck/Blair.

Also? Loved the Dan/Nate scene!

Ginandtonic

Ginandtonic

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:07 AM

So once again someone gets fooled into getting up from their desk while leaving their computer open to the page with the exact information that's being looked for. Blah.

Edited by Ginandtonic, Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:18 AM.

Snooker83

Snooker83

Couch Potato

• Interests:History, movies (anything but rom coms), politics (the dirtiest spectator sport known to man!), swimming.

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:45 AM

This episode what can I say, I liked all of it.

Even Daddy Vandercreepson taking his time to take in the sight of Blair in garters. Such a nice acting touch from Billy Baldwin, even though as it turned out, William is mending fences with his children (including Lola it would seem), he’s still a sleeze.

Being back in the loft is doing wonders for Rufus (if not for his son’s sex life lol), he’s using his brain again. Lilly was quite ready to trust William, but Rufus was (sort of rightly as it turned out) hesitant to buy into the Vandercreepson cool aid. That said for some reason we also had the return of the crepy laugh from Rufus this week (when lighting the stove), what is that seriously ? settle we know you can do better!

Nate is getting a SL and to me it looks vaguely interesting, hoozah! I think his arc looks like it going to be about balancing business needing to turn to his ex cougar Diana and his love life with Lola. Loved the new strict Nate firing Serena. Yes it was a classically well intended Serena cock-up, but nevertheless it did have disastrous results for the Spectator and DID go against her editors express wishes.

Chuck and uncle Jack were adorable. I knew Jack was lying, but I think his coming from a good place for once. I think his ‘we’re all the family we need’ might have been a gentle way of letting Chuck know he wouldn’t necessarily like what he’d find, which considering the Bass family sounds like sound advice to me. Interesting that didn’t show who he was calling this time, last time they clearly showed Diana. So is he calling someone else this time? Ed Westwick seemed to be relishing the chance to show his one liner skills again. Good for him. Also of course Jack Bass would get hepatitis from Pamela Anderson.

Side note: if Bart Bass were to turn up alive (unlikely I agree I still call flash back on that one) would that make Lilly a polyandrist?

Serena/Lola/Lilly/Ivy
It’s weird but I still feel kinda sorry for Ivy. Yes she’s been shady, but I do feel she cared for Cece and Lilly is being overboard and conveniently dismissing that Cece knew exactly who Ivy was.

And then there was Dan and Blair. I love the lighter, comedic angle on these two. The highlight of the episode was the contrasting conversations with Nate and Dorota. I loved how LM kept pouring herself vodka.

Favourites:
‘Classic Humprey overthink’, I love it when Nate has one of his spot on yoda moments.
Of course Dan doesn’t know who Courtney Stodden is, lol. On that note you think Blair has a secret reality tv addiction?
Of course he would go for the pancake analogy.
Of course Chuck would get his uncle hookers as thank you gesture.
Rufus making too much waffles because of the joy of being back in his kitchen.

Edited because I forgot my absolute favourite moment of the episode: Dan and Nate have a 'be like Don Draper' pact. How adorably dorky is that!

Edited by Snooker83, Apr 3, 2012 @ 2:52 AM.

Smagu

Smagu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 3:29 AM

If their goal is to make me feel really bad for Ivy, then kudos! It's like a perfect storm of Ivy being pretty cool in general, and Serena/Lily/All the other VDWs being detestable hate monsters. I hope Ivy wins everything, all the time, forever.

Dan and Blair remain awesome, Chuck and Nate remain boring, Jack needs his own spinoff.

Snapshots

Snapshots

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 3:59 AM

Edited because I forgot my absolute favourite moment of the episode: Dan and Nate have a 'be like Don Draper' pact. How adorably dorky is that!

I loved that.

As a whole this was a "meh" episode for me. It was still 100x more entertaining than the episodes in the first half of the season, but still, way too much time each episode is tied up in the Ivy vs. Van der Woodsen or Spectator plots which I have absolutely no interest in.

The only parts I found entertaining were Dan/Blair and Chuck/Jack. Unfortunately though they're the B and C plots to Ivy's SL. I also have a feeling that the fun Chuck/Jack plot was a once off and Chuck's SL is about to become as dull and dramatic as most of the other plots.

Seriously though. I adore happy/tipsy Blair. Can we keep her for a while? I honestly cracked up when she and Dan were snarking at one another in the elevator. It shocked me. I'm not used to GG making me laugh for a good reason these days, but that certainly did.

Daddy VdW sucking on that strawberry after Blair showed up at the loft half naked was creepy on all sorts of levels.

Snooker83

Snooker83

Couch Potato

• Interests:History, movies (anything but rom coms), politics (the dirtiest spectator sport known to man!), swimming.

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 4:16 AM

I also have a feeling that the fun Chuck/Jack plot was a once off and Chuck's SL is about to become as dull and dramatic as most of the other plots.

I have to say I am afraid you are right. I am avoiding speculation here, but that is a shame. EW shines in these lighter scenes. Never mind the chair/Dair debate what really irked me about Chuck's character over the seasons is this relentless cycle of drama and doom. Even if they intend him to be a doomed character, it pays to have some balance in a character.
There's a part of me that wishes that after the no doubt next round of Bass parental identity misfunction ,the boy would just go 'meh figures in this crazy family' and take his uncle's advice: he has all the family he needs in Lilly, his friends and weirdly Uncle Jack.

albmo

albmo

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 4:20 AM

oooh, new forum format..!

Dan and Blair! Carried the episode entirely, honestly, even though their plot was really a B or maybe C plot. They are one spicy meatball of a couple. When they finally get it on in the elevator it was ahem, pretty damn hot and steamy. I also can't get over how happy they were post elevator sex, in the cab, and then later after the bar. They were so giddy and are clearly enjoying the heck out of being a couple. If they were real and not fictional characters, they'd be one of those sickeningly sweet touchy-feely couples who annoy friends and strangers with all their PDAing.

It was funny and hilarious too. I couldn't stop laughing during their scenes with Nate and Dorota. Just the way they freak out in almost the same exact way is adorable. And I only wish we spent more time at the awkward breakfast at the beginning of the episode.

And LMAO that Rufus' the one who got them the hotel room. Jenny would've been PISSED. "What gives dad? You freak out when it's my sex life, but couldn't wait to spend money when it's Dan's?"

As for the rest of the episode, so very, very, plotty. Which is unfortunate since I actually cared about this SL prior to this episode. But Ivy suddenly acted out of sorts and crazy. Serena was being ridiculously horrible at work/being gg. Nate was w/e. William's his usual skeevy self, Lily was particularly bitchy and elitist. Lola ...was just random, etc. And all of this wouldn't be entirely dreadful and cringey, were it not so blatantly obvious that everything, all these decisions made by was just there to set up and push that main plot along.

Even Daddy Vandercreepson taking his time to take in the sight of Blair in garters.

He WAS totally perving! Hee.

Aftershock

Aftershock

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:04 AM

I’m also Team Ivy, God those vdW were so pretentious here esp Lily. Chuck surely has a more interesting story they could do, more heartbreaking illogical stuff on the way, only dragging the whole show down with it. Jack, I didn’t really like so much, a few funny lines. Okay, I’ve made some attempt to acknowledge the rest, I did try at least lol. I used those scenes to gather my breath if I’m to be honest though.

Dan and Blair were...they have made every other possible pairing redundant tbh. They felt so real, like normal young adults, carefree and unabashedly happy together. Remember when we used to know how many times they kissed? Was it just me or was Blair glowing? She has found her centre! The moment in the hotel when we got the shot of them looking dejected, slayed me, both wanted it so bad. We got a parallel to 318 when Blair said she wanted pure and simple love, when Dorota(who was great as usual) talked about Vanya. Date was cute as always, business man Nate is so wise. The moments of humor were great too, Dan nudging her under the table and the dialogue in the elevator. We’ve had both Dan and Blair drunk this season already and both were the most adorable things ever, together, drunk and with unresolved sexual tension, AMAZING! Their chemistry is off the charts, hottest sex scene in GG imo. Him lifting her and pushing her into the wall, she unzipping his pants, grabbing a big fistful of his hair, was so hot! Both looked great too, it’s unfair how perfect they are. I’m a perv here staring at all these wonderful gifs lol.And the cab scene and the alley scene, its too much.

diorella78

diorella78

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

and Lilly is being overboard and conveniently dismissing that Cece knew exactly who Ivy was.

But Lily et al didn't know what Cece's mental state was all that time since Ivy kept her hidden away (of course, as WE know at Cece's wishes). I would go apeshit on Ivy's ass IRL if it were me, finding out my mother had been 'taken care of' by an imposter and suddenly said imposter ends up with majah' bank. I suppose because it happens all the time....people taking advantage of terminally ill elderly relatives or non-relatives and "suggesting" new wills etc. I'm not saying 'Ivy' didn't actually come from a good place, but how would the VdW's know? She's just a trailer trash imposter who duped them all with her Charlie charade, and then cuts and runs when Blair and Chuck have the accident with some lame mumbling to Rufus. I'm not shocked at all by the way she's being treated.

AzraelKay

AzraelKay

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 8:43 AM

But Lily et al didn't know what Cece's mental state was all that time since Ivy kept her hidden away (of course, as WE know at Cece's wishes). I would go apeshit on Ivy's ass IRL if it were me, finding out my mother had been 'taken care of' by an imposter and suddenly said imposter ends up with majah' bank. I suppose because it happens all the But Lily et al didn't know what Cece's mental state was all that time since Ivy kept her hidden away (of course, as WE know at Cece's wishes). I would go apeshit on Ivy's ass IRL if it were me, finding out my mother had been 'taken care of' by an imposter and suddenly said imposter ends up with majah' bank. I suppose because it happens all the time....people taking advantage of terminally ill elderly relatives or non-relatives and "suggesting" new wills etc. I'm not saying 'Ivy' didn't actually come from a good place, but how would the VdW's know? She's just a trailer trash imposter who duped them all with her Charlie charade, and then cuts and runs when Blair and Chuck have the accident with some lame mumbling to Rufus. I'm not shocked at all by the way she's being treated.
me....people taking advantage of terminally ill elderly relatives or non-relatives and "suggesting" new wills etc. I'm not saying 'Ivy' didn't actually come from a good place, but how would the VdW's know? She's just a trailer trash imposter who duped them all with her Charlie charade, and then cuts and runs when Blair and Chuck have the accident with some lame mumbling to Rufus. I'm not shocked at all by the way she's being treated.

I actually like Ivy too, and understand why Cece left her the money, but this is a very good point. Also, I think Ivy kicking Rufus and Lily out of the Marfa/Prada apartment was not exactly a way to get back in their good graces!

Actually love Blair and Dan and I was originally against that pairing. However, I feel like they have great chemistry and smiled every time they were on screen. Certainly can't say that about Nate and Lola, who are the most boring couple ever. Also, I wish The Spectator would just go under already -- I've never bought Nate editor/publisher or Serena as this great writer [about died when Nate compared her to Dominick Dunne], and the newsroom scenes all put me to sleep.

Oh, and the storyline regarding Papa VdW, Ivy and the will doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But then again, this is GG...

Edited by AzraelKay, Apr 3, 2012 @ 8:46 AM.

Seamus1602

Seamus1602

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

The Nate/Dan and Blair/Dorota scenes made the episode for me. Loved Dair, but was also a little disappointed because I felt that the promos really gave away everything they had going on this ep (except the aforementioned Nate and Dorota scenes).

Is anyone else distracted by Nate's fat lip? I remember he told Lola he had a lacross injury a couple eps ago, but it's still there! What is that? I'm sure there's a real story for Chace Crawford behind it, but it kinda takes me out of the scene sometimes.

Having said that, Nate kinda rocked tonight.

Unrealistic legal wrangling strikes again! How are Ivy's assets already frozen at the end of the party? I'm pretty sure that, among other things, LilyCo would need to file a lawsuit and get a judge to issue an order freezing her assets. It's not like Lily just says "Frozen!" and it's done. But this is the same show that has zero lawyers present at the reading of the will or dispersal of property, so whatever.

Serena was pretty awful this ep. At first I figured she was just writing editorials on Ivy, but the show wanted me to believe she's some kind of investigative journalist? Please. And I'd love to see her hand the reins back to GG, but she's somehow going to be awful more, I'm sure. And I usually like Serena!

taconinja

taconinja

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

I have to admit I keep watching this gif and smiling.

http://30.media.tumb...cu7kpo5_250.gif

Leighton Meester is insanely adorable.

Kaspangle

Kaspangle

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

I'm convinced that the writers write the script and then add in the names later, completely at random - possibly with the aid of a bingo machine. It's the only possible explanation.

This show is repetitive, boring, and non-sensical. I thought I'd try watching again after the break, but I'm sorry I did. I think it's time to let go. I don't find the characters likable anymore. Nate is completely irrelevant, Chuck stands there with his glass having the same conversations a million times, Blair is clueless, Serena gets fired every other episode, Rufus is the worst, and Dan does nothing for me at all.

apgold

apgold

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

This show makes no sense, plot wise or even character wise anymore, but the references/cameos cracked me up last night.

• Serena is the Dominick Dunne of her generation? Poor Dom is rolling in his grave.

• Rufus wants to see the Magnetic Fields? When oh when will Stephin Merritt make a cameo on this show?

• Dick Cavett – Serena looks like a million bucks before taxes – LOL

• Don Draper pact – Nate and Dan wish!

• Courtney Stodden – the trashy girl who married Doug “Eugene Tooms” Hutchinson

And I actually liked something that Serena wore – the cardigan with the sparkly sleeves was cute.

dragonfirelance

dragonfirelance

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 1:11 PM

crap this show can't do low key anymore. This episode was boring except for a couple good jokes, Nate and Dan's Don Draper pack, I guess they couldn't include Chuck because Don Draper mode is his life. Also why are we on Chuck's Mommy/Serena's Daddy issues v. 10 seriously aren't they used to their parents sucking by now. Since Chair is over, why not get back to the drunk, irrevenent bastard from S1 now that you don't need him to be Good! Chuck for Blair, why can't Nate/Chuck do the lost weekend thing, because Nate can't even run the business of talking about his friends and his famiy properly. Also best unintentional laugh of the night, Serena's utter confusion about being fired for breaking story exclusivity as a reporter and costing the Spectator an investor. Well one good thing has come from Dair, Blair has made me not hate Dan. He's not a hyprocite anymore and is far away from his family being assholes, which really doesn't suit Serena at all. Whatever her faults, she is always highly forgiving and puts friends and family over money. It would be a better storyline if Serena was pissed over Ivy lying rather than the money, because it doesn't seem like a Serena thing to get that mad about. Also the only storyline I really was excited about Serena becoming GG seriously one episode of Serena blowing her own sting and that's it. It's days like this that make me miss Jenny the not boring Humprhey.

smwurr

smwurr

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

I know Gossip Girl requires plenty of suspension of disbelief, but I hate when certain unrealistic things take me right out of the story. And this entire dumbassed Ivy plot is managing to ruin the awesomeness of Dan and Blair! For that, I will not forgive.

First of all, why would Lily have no legal recourse against Ivy? That's ridiculous. Direct family members can always contest a hastily-changed will that suddenly includes people of no relation, particularly when those people are KNOWN CON ARTISTS AND IDENTITY THIEVES! I think what has been making me most mental is that Ivy hasn't had criminal charges brought against her. She posed as someone else in order to gain access to millions of dollars! That's illegal, isn't it? Is it because Carol would be implicated too and Lily doesn't want to see her pathetic sister thrown in jail?

Also, I of course know nothing about estate law, but just because a will is read doesn't mean a person takes immediate possession of everything, does it? I found it ridiculous that Ivy was even able to throw Rufus and Lily out of their own house. Lily should have called security, said "there's a crazy girl in my house who claims she owns it" and left ivy to challenge her in court. Now Lily has pretty much acknowledged Ivy's legal standing in all this by allowing her to live there. And even with her being so stupid, they wouldn't have had to leave while the damn coffin was still in the room. Wouldn't there be some sort of 30-day period to allow them to gather their belongings and stuff? The apartment may have been Cece's but everything in it would still belong to Lily, right? And she's just supposed to leave a KNOWN CON ARTIST AND IDENTITY THIEF there to steal all her priceless art/jewels/furniture/etc.? No, just no.

As for Chuck and his mama-drama, zzzzzzz.

And again, the ridiculousness of 21 year olds with no college degrees period, let along MBA's, running billion-dollar companies (Chuck) and media empires (Nate) makes me chortle at the ridiculousness of it all. I will never understand why they didn't just do a time-jump to post-college this season. It would still all be ridiculous, but slightly less so if they were supposed to be 26, which is what the actors all are anyway.