Some behind the scenes from someone who knows the mother of Zoey the dancer. Zoey and Adrianna dance at the same studio and it was Adrianna's mom who told the producers Zoey's story about having a hard-working single mom who adopted her.
- LOGO set the mother up by telling her the show was about adopting and supporting her daughter as a dancer and promoting adoption in general. The mother was never given the name of the show and found out what it was a week before it aired. They also told her it would be on Bravo and not LOGO.
- The mother had never heard of Eden or Mickie nor did she know she was going to be filmed for a pageant but after signing the contracts they had to go along with it. Adrianna was filmed at the same time.
- The entire pageant was staged and a hoax.
- Eden and her E Team are not flying all over the US, they film all of the pageant material in the same week, 2 girls at once which is cut into 2 episodes. Also they take pieces from some shows and splice them into other ones.
- Zoey hated the pageant. She had to wake up at 5 am to have her hair done by Fran (who was drinking by the end of the day) and they didn't give her time to eat the entire day.
- The little Columbian girl was spray-tanned at midnight.
- Zoey and her mother both wanted to opt out but the producers kept insisting it was about adoption and single moms.
- Producers told her to repeat things Eden or Mickie said; the producers fed Eden lines, "these are the things you need to focus on, hair, beauty and the walk" and then ask the mother if she remembered what Eden said, they twisted it to make it seem it was the mother's words, not Eden's.
- They added a laugh to the end of her sentences and spliced them together and even gave her voice an artificial shake to make her sound maniacal.
- The mother's boyfriend said he did not want himself or his boys to be on camera and refused to sign a release, but they put him and his children on the show anyway. He thought about suing.
- Several other dance moms who were there said they saw the production crew purchasing shots of hard liquor for Fran, the woman with sharp objects and hot curling irons in her hands. Fran had several meltdowns in front of the children.
- Andrew would go up to the mothers and say random, horrible things to them. He did this to Karen and she didn't know how to respond or what the point of it was. She says that if this is the kind of people the mother is paying to represent Eden, the show should be pulled off the air. If they want to present pageants in a positive light they should hire classy, respectable people.
- The mother feels awful because, thinking the show would be about adoption, she promoted the show to her co-workers and Zoey's school. She wished she had gotten a lawyer to look over the contract first.
- She said that if she continued to do pageants with the E Team she'd need to be medicated because their behavior was unprofessional and she was embarrassed for her daughter.
- The mother said that agreeing to do this show was the biggest mistake of her life.
Edited by Asari, May 24, 2012 @ 2:25 AM.