Eden's World

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

189 replies to this topic

lovetovolunteer

lovetovolunteer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

Well just like in the interview I saw, Eden kept mimicking her mothers words and Mickie kept telling her to stop and that it was "Unacceptable" but Eden was not listening and kept doing it.Even when being yelled at, she kept mimicking her mother. She thought it was funny. Mickie deserves what she gets! She has let that kid get away with so much and now that she WANTS her to behave she won't. No entertainment industry is going to take on a child who won't listen and take direction!

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 5:53 PM

Micki needs to do about the opposite of what Micki wants to do: get out of the spotlight, go back home to Podunk, AR, put that child in school, dress her normally, and treat Eden like the seven year old that she is.

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

Eden is so not even close. I actually feel sorry for the kid, it seems like she doesn't have a chance for any kind of real life, let alone professional success (if she even has any kind of talent). Broadway may have a light for every broken heart but the business also has another one for every young kid who crashed and burned when the cute roles dried up and that's all they had. This isn't going to end well, IMO.

Thanks for the interesting discussion of kids working on Broadway. I agree, there is pretty much no possibility that Eden could get hired for a real job in television or on stage. Even if she were talented, she's just too bratty and hyper. And even if she were talented AND disciplined, I think Mickie's appalling stage mother behavior would jeopardize any jobs.

But did they actually say that Eden was hoping to audition for something on Broadway? They seem to be flying back and forth between New York and various spots in middle America and then rushing back to New York to meet with various people with no clear goal in mind. She just seems to want to become an international superstar. She kind of reminds me of Gypsy Lee Rose's mother, trying to get Eden a gig in Vaudeville. I wonder if she has some role model she wants to model Eden after. Why am I even thinking about this?

Micki needs to do about the opposite of what Micki wants to do: get out of the spotlight, go back home to Podunk, AR, put that child in school, dress her normally, and treat Eden like the seven year old that she is.

I agree. And she should put her in dance classes and get her some music lessons so she has a chance to get the lead in her high school play when she's a senior and perhaps get into a good college program if singing and acting are really her passion.

My favorite quote: Ah like to perform because it's fu-yun and Ah get to perform and stuff.

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 8:24 PM

She kept looking at her mother for the answers to simple questions such as "Do you like cameras following you?" I mean really?

Eden has no idea how to talk or think for herself. She's spent her whole life just repeating the things her mother says to her. It's painfully obvious whenever she has to talk on the show- unless she's saying something she's heard a million times from Mickie like "I'm a pageant superstar," there's a few minutes of dull silence while she tries to remember what she's "supposed" to say. I don't think she has any sense of herself as an actual individual. She'd never make it on Broadway where she had to behave to the expectations of adults other than Mickie.

katiegrrl3000

katiegrrl3000

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 12:43 AM

Does anyone know where I can find the new episode? Eden's World is no longer on Netflix.

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 10:15 AM

I think only the first episode was up on Netflix/Logo's website. From now on we actually have to watch the silly thing.

Or not.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 11:36 AM

The idea of Eden doing something on Broadway is laughable. I've been friends with many people who were on Broadway or with professional touring companies as kids (when I was much younger myself, of course!), and every single one of them was mature, well-spoken, hard-working, polite, respectful and had actual singing/dancing/acting ability. Eden doesn't even really sing; she speaks the words to her songs! Mumbles, really. I still can't figure out if she's supposed to be singing or rapping.

Eden is such an annoying brat. I enjoy the torment she puts Mickie through, of course, but I can't find anything amusing or endearing about her at all.

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

• Interests:Child welfare and social reform

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 6:11 PM

Crappy reality shows are my guilty pleasure, but, dear God in heaven, this one has broken some kind of record for even my low threshold! I've tried and tried -- and tried and tried -- but I can only stick with Eden's World for five minutes at a time. Everybody in it is unbearable to me.

Poor, poor little Eden! She never had a chance, did she?

And Mikki looks more like a grams than a mother of a small child, to my eye. But I don't really care about Mikki's looks. It's her soul I'm worried about. She's really nuts and totally selfish, from where I stand.

phizzyjane

phizzyjane

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

What the heck is a Patootie anyway. Sounds like some potate cake with cheese I nuked in the microwave the other night.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

::cough, cough:: "A person's or animal's buttocks." according to the dictionary.

The song has always made me alternately grimace and chuckle. I think it may be an old Southern expression. I've heard it since I was a child.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I just realized, watching the last episode of T&T that Paisley has an agent as well that has taken her to New York. To be honest I think I'd rather watch a reality show about Paisley than Eden.

phizzyjane

phizzyjane

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

Eden's going to be even more hell as a teenager and with a growing attitude she's adopted now, no agency is going to take her on. Shirley Temple was spat out when she lost her cuteness and afraid the Patootie song on a hormonal ridden Eden at 13 is just not going to get her anywhere. Wonder if Micki will succumb to desperation and behave like that mother in the film Gypsy Rose who doesn't let her kids know their real age and still dresses them up and puts them in kiddie pageants at 16.

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 10:35 AM

I think it may be an old Southern expression. I've heard it since I was a child.

*shiftyeyes* My mom always used to call me sweet patootie.

WestCar20

WestCar20

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:14 PM

"A person's or animal's buttocks." according to the dictionary.

Does that mean she's an a$$?

After watching the first episode, I decided this was not the show for me. After seeing the commercials during RuPaul's drag race, I watched this one. Just needed to see someone tell Eden that she is not all that.

Eden's going to be even more hell as a teenager and with a growing attitude she's adopted now,

I'm actually hoping she will get a taste of reality sometime in the next five years. If she attends a special school for performing children, the other teenagers will teach her the hard way. If her mother actually does "homeschool" her, I doubt she will be able to read well enough to get through a script. Either way, she'll not be the superstar she is being forced to claim she is, and may be olde enough to tell her mother to go pound sand.

cjane

cjane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 3:52 PM

At this point, Mickie is possibly the worst reality tv stage momma I've seen so far. It's one thing to do pageant nonsense on the weekend, but she's hijacked Eden's childhood to make an ass out of all of them. I hope someone stops her. Soon. This is not good.

phizzyjane

phizzyjane

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

If Eden does get a chance to have normal life and attend a normal school, her and that buffoon mother of hers will realise very quickly that a fake hair piece is not going to win them any situations and Eden certainly won't be the patootie princess in the playground.

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

Is there a Mr. Mickie? And, if so, does he have anything to do with this mess or has he checked out? Even Eden never seems to mention Dad.

Myanna

Myanna

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:44 AM

I wondered about Eden's dad, too. If he exists, he needs to step up and protect his daughter from this. I genuinely do think that this is abusive and exploitative. Child actors are one thing; they can put a character on and take it off, and the people involved with a real sitcom, or play, or whatever do have some interest in seeing the kid at least appear healthy and happy. The character, here (Eden Wood, SupaStah) is actually some twisted version of herself! And, LOGO would eat Eden's misery and unhealthy behaviors (she has those already, even if she's not yet miserable) up with a spoon out of greed and spite for Mickie. It reminds of the allegations from the Gosselin aunt/uncle that people associated with the show would try and provoke a tantrum from Maddy.

bellalisa

bellalisa

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

How do Eden and her mom help anyone with pageants? When I first heard the premise of the show I thought that could possibly succeed, if they were just going to help girls with their pageant expertise. But it's clear they have none! They are no help at all to anyone. So many coaches would do a much better job.
And Eden was horrible at that photo shoot and then Mickey telling her that she was so special because she "dealt with it" and did what she had to do by doing the photo shoot in the cold. Mickey NO SHE DIDNT DEAL WITH IT! She sucked and that's why the pictures suck and her head IS as big as Dallas. And dont blame the photographer. Wow, I think LOGO really did set them up, she looks lamer and lamer with each episode! Mickey looks more and more pathetic. What a plain, average kid told she is a superstar!

beden

beden

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:32 AM

I simply find this show to be sad.

Sad for Eden who is too young to understand just how horrible and misguided her mother's obsession with superstardom is--and could someone please explain to me why superstardom is a legitimate goal? Money? Sure, but it's expensive money. Sad for Mickie who has put all of her life's disappointments in her six year old's basket.

The entourage, such as it is; bloodsuckers who will disappear the instant the show is cancelled/Eden grows up/a better offer comes along.

This is the proverbial trainwreck in the midst of happening.

Eden at 15 will be one screwed up young lady and her mother won't understand why.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Logo is definitely throwing Eden under the bus. I think they are looking at this as a one season show. I can't imagine Mickey agreeing to renew for another season after seeing how they edit the program together to show Eden acting like a 3yo in her photo shoot. No matter how Mickey spins it the truth is that there was no difference in the actions of Eden compared to the other child in spite of the fact that Eden has been doing this so much longer and is older.

Does it seem to anyone else that there are no adults in this show that actually like children? It seems like they either talk down to them, pander to them, or jerk their hair around.

makesnosense

makesnosense

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

How many episodes are left in this dungheap?

I still think Mickie and Heather deserve what they get, but the show really has it in for them. Can still stomach Andrew somewhat, since he seems to be their NYC lifeline more than a regular entourage member, but dayum. Eden's like an afterthought.

Methinks Audrey needs to be tested...I would suspect she's somewhere on some sort of spectrum. Or her mother is to be that delusional.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:01 PM

She may have some kind of delay but to be honest I think Audrey's mom is not wanting to parent and was hoping that the Eden-ites would come in and fix everything and make her daughter behave.

emanze

emanze

Video Archivist

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

Eden is the most sympathetic person in this trainwreck. This show should be required viewing for ALL the pageant parents, proving that all the years of primping for pageants have given Eden no skills whatsoever in actual performing. She's a washout at age 6.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

It is sad watching a child who has no control over her life being set up to fail. Oh, the therapy that girl is going to need.

could someone please explain to me why superstardom is a legitimate goal?

If you ask my granddaughter what she wants to be, she says, "famous." Apparently, it's all the rage. But she is 8 years old and will grow up. I think even now, though, she is more mature than Mickey.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:24 PM

Micki giving advice on structure and discipline for Audrey was hysterical. I'm not sure Audrey has any "spectrum" problems. That's a diagnosis handed out way too frequently in my view. I think she doesn't want to do pageant practice in any way shape or form and knows her mother will only push a tiny bit with visitors and camera crew there.

What did they expect doing a photoshoot with Eden outside and cold? Why didn't they have her inside? Of course, Eden is a bit of a spoiled brat and it's coming out more and more. Really good job there, Micki.

Willowsmom

Willowsmom

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 7:04 PM

why if the photo shoot really had to be outside, why didn't the adults take their coats off to show Eden how important it was? No one in "The E Team" gives a dam# about that kid. And why did they blame the photographer for bad shots when the kid was a nightmare?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:00 PM

I'm suspicious enought of reality shows to think shooting outside was a setup to make Eden miserable and fussy. There was no reason from what I could see of the headshots for them to be taken outside. From what little I know of headshots most are done in a studio to control the lighting and surroundings and to have a bland background. Do they want us to believe that this great photographer they brought in doesn't have or couldn't rent a studio?

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:01 PM

Micki giving advice on structure and discipline for Audrey was hysterical. I'm not sure Audrey has any "spectrum" problems. That's a diagnosis handed out way too frequently in my view. I think she doesn't want to do pageant practice in any way shape or form and knows her mother will only push a tiny bit with visitors and camera crew there.

I agree. Audrey is my hero. She loathes pageants, and she can't really express her feelings well, so she screams "NO" a lot and is as uncooperative as possible. I was relieved when even the vile Mickie suggested perhaps pageants aren't right for her. Good for Audrey for being spared a couple of years of pageant hell.

I couldn't believe Fran called Audrey "disrespectful" for not wanting to sit there and get her hair done. What a moron. Well, at least we were spared some stupid staged fight between Fran and whoever the hell else with lots and lots of bad acting and demands for security.

The photo shoot was ridiculous. And blaming the photographer for the bad pictures was even more ridiculous.

What the heck is a Patootie anyway. Sounds like some potate cake with cheese I nuked in the microwave the other night.

I thought Rosie O'Donnell, when she had her first talk show and was quite popular, coined the phrase Cutie Pattootie, a word she used to describe every cute kid. Rosie should sue Mickie or file a cyst and decease order (TM Tamra Barney). The world would be a better place if no one ever had to hear that song again.

Edited by Joymarie, May 2, 2012 @ 5:04 PM.

camom

camom

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

There was no reason from what I could see of the headshots for them to be taken outside.

There was no reason. My daughter has had headshots taken both indoors and out. Even if the plan was to do them outside, when the weather was unpleasant they could have found an indoor spot, tacked a solid color sheet up to a wall for the background and worked with it. Dumb.