Eden's World

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

189 replies to this topic

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

Eden Wood's show starts on Logo April 16. The first episode is up on Netflix now. Since the show hasn't technically aired yet, not sure if this all counts as spoilers, so I'll tag it just to be safe.

Spoiler

After I rated this (2 stars) on Netflix, it asked me how often I watch "Controversial" or "Scandalous" shows. Too funny.

Edited by Maxine of Arc, Apr 2, 2012 @ 7:54 PM.

esearcher

esearcher

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 10:57 PM

Logo seems like an unusual network for this show. Actually, I can't believe this is even a show.

Maxine of Arc

Maxine of Arc

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

I kind of hate myself a little for watching the whole episode, ngl.

Oscem

Oscem

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:02 AM

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I wish I could erase this from my Netflix history because for the first time, I'm embarrassed for my husband to see a show in Recently Viewed.

A thought on the show:

Spoiler

Edited by Oscem, Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:03 AM.

SleepyJean

SleepyJean

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Logo seems like an unusual network for this show.

If someone insists on producing this crap, an obscure little cable network is exactly where it belongs.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

I'm sure it was turned down at multiple other networks first. LOGO doesn't seem a good fit, but maybe they'll take any viwers that they can get.

StinkPill

StinkPill

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:41 PM

I'm actually pissed that LOGO picked up this garbage.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Trying to link.
Eden and Micki got on an Atlanta TV station to promote the new show.

Edited by Absolom, Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:59 AM.

MrsSmartyPants

MrsSmartyPants

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:11 PM

Man, that interview was PAINFUL. I wonder just how much Micki coached her to "act up" - because that was not the behavior of a "spirited" child, but rather an obnoxious one.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 1:13 PM

I wonder if all the attention has gone to her head and at the age of 6 she's believing the nonsense Micki has been telling the world of how great Eden is. Micki could be getting her reward of her lack of good sense very quickly.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 2:53 PM

Wow, that interview is very telling. Mickey has created a monster. Eden is not cute in that interview in any way shape or form. Is there any sane person is that poor baby's life?

kccody

kccody

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 7:38 PM

[]As others have said, Eden can get work in Hollywood if they ever make a biopic of Ann Nicole. She can be AN as a young child. That interview was so painful to watch. There were times when my kids acted up in front of company and I vaciillated between being embarassed and getting on with it or beating the s*** out of them in front of our guests, Mickie should have stopped the interview. Never reward that kind of behavior by laughing at it. Eden looked like a fool as did her mom. Shame on you Mickie Woods.

Edited by kccody, Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:54 PM.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:45 PM

If the promo is a sample of what the show is going to be like, I can't imagine anyone will last through six episodes.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:00 PM

Just watched the first episode on Netflix. Lord almighty we will have a ton to talk about.

esearcher

esearcher

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

Just watched the first episode on Netflix. Lord almighty we will have a ton to talk about.

That good/awful, eh? I wonder if it's on the logo site. I'll have to check it, I love a good train wreck.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 1:50 PM

Let's just say when Mickey is the voice of reason we have issues. OMG.

cjane

cjane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

Wow. Do you think Mickie and Heather do their own makeup for this?

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

HAHA, no, are you kidding? They are stars! People should be paying them for the privilege of doing their make-up!

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:14 PM

I'm actually pissed that LOGO picked up this garbage.

Considering LOGO has decided to change their programming to more mainstream fare, I was already pissed. Choosing crap like this just drives home how lost they are about replacing their schedule. From the rumors I've heard, it's going to be RuPaul, plus some...stuff.

cjane

cjane

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:32 PM

HAHA, no, are you kidding? They are stars! People should be paying them for the privilege of doing their make-up!

I just can't believe how poorly it's (Mickie and Heather's makeup) done. If they are being made up by staff, the staff does not like them.

Edited by cjane, Apr 15, 2012 @ 7:33 PM.

Albanyguy

Albanyguy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

If Mickie plays her cards right, being on LOGO just might make her a gay icon. With her bloated, lined face buried in pancake make-up and her bleached-blond shoulder-length curls, she's the spitting image of Bette Davis in Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? Speaking of which, Eden might want to check out that movie for a little glimpse into her future...

phizzyjane

phizzyjane

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

When Mickie and Eden came to promote Eden's Las Vegas Showgirl routine in Australia last year, I was almost glad to see the wind knocked out of Mickie's sails when child protection units got involved at the pageant they were supposed to host with Eden as the guest star but Mickie pulled Eden's appearance to the pageant as a result of protests from irate mothers spouting "babies are not barbies" placards as well as social media going into meltdown spouting anti kiddie pageant material and death threats after Mickie made an ultimate ass out of herself on a current affairs program arguing with a child psychiatrist .Perhaps Mickie could learn from that train wreck of a visit that not everyone in the world is going to think what she's a "great mom" giving her child to "living a dream". No Mickie, Eden is living YOUR contorted dream.

kelslamu

kelslamu

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 2:13 AM

That interview was horrendous. Mickie didn't even have the intelligence to be embarrassed at her daughter's behavior. Yep, I'd hate to be the director of any show with her in it. Can you imagine?

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

Get out the boots, the booze, and the ear plugs. It airs tonight.

shopper gal

shopper gal

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:41 PM

The dog and pony show came to Wendy Williams today. It was night and day compared to the interview linked above. That's deigning with faint praise of course. I think Eden even threw Wendy some shade when Wendy started to sing Cutie Patootie.

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

Lord have mercy! Saw the clip of the Wendy Williams show. Eden is no dummy, I think she realizes how stupid the Cutie Patootie song is and is starting to hate being associated with it. The problem is that she is rapidly entering the awkward stage where doing the cute things she's been programmed to do are not as cute anymore.

Absolom

Absolom

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:54 PM

How long can this stage of Micki pushing Eden last? Will she finally have to fade away after the LOGO show flops?

Joymarie

Joymarie

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:55 PM

Sweet merciful crap, that was the worst half hour of television in the history of television.

I'd say it seemed like it was written by roomful of monkeys with typewriters, but that would be insulting to monkeys. There were like 40 different scenes all jumbled together between about twelve commercial breaks. My brain hurts

The dueling agents who want us to believe that Eden will be a star were ridiculous. The anti-bullying PSA was ridiculous. The crappy pageant with Adrianna winning was ridiculous. The pre-pageant make-over party with dancing were ridiculous. Eden's songs are all ridiculous. It was clearly all scripted and none of these people can act.

On the plus side, having Dianelly's mother as a cast member perhaps frees Dianelly to do gymnastics -- or at least I can hope.

One of my coworkers pisses me off on a regular basis. I wonder if Eden is available to come and we can all do makeup and dance the robot and make things all better. I loved her advice to Adrianna: "Don't walk too fast like that or nothing."

Jozaelemjo

Jozaelemjo

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

The two agents want to promote their business, Mickey wants to promote herself and be famous, the makeup/hair lady is along for the free ride. No one is looking out for Eden's interests and that is so proven when the two agents are fighting at the kids play area. I understand that Mickey took Eden away and had her play but if she was really concerned she would have taken her someplace else entirely until the fight was over. End of story.

Leara83

Leara83

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:24 AM

Regarding Adrianna getting bullied for being in pageants: kids who are bullied because they're gay or their family is poor or they have a handicap weep for Adrianna and her problems. Sorry girl but sit your butt down.

LOGO has decided to change their programming to more mainstream fare

Well that one agent made my gaydar explode. Does that count?