Sebastian Stan as Jefferson: Mad As A...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

33 replies to this topic

Tricksterson

Tricksterson

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 6:47 AM

So, will we see him again? Where is he now? Was that last scene a shot of where he is and what he's doing or of his stay in Wonderland? Did Grace go looking for him and fill the Alice role? What happened to his wife? Will I ever run out of questions?

Edited by Tricksterson, Apr 1, 2012 @ 3:06 PM.

Tableau

Tableau

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:21 AM

Was that last scene a shot of where he is and what he's doing or of his stay in Wonderland?

Well, his hair was completely different in that last going mad shot (ie. that terrible wig he was wearing for the flashbacks) so I'd say it's pretty safe to assume that was the past (Wonderland) and not the present.

redbudrose

redbudrose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

I love SS, and I had no idea he was going to be in the show until the preview before this episode. He did such a good job. Perfect casting.

So, will we see him again?

Spoiler

Edited by redbudrose, Apr 1, 2012 @ 11:34 AM.

dirtybubble

dirtybubble

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

So here's hoping he comes back next season. His part in the season finale just adds more questions. How did he know Belle was locked up? Regina really shared that secret with him?? Since there is no magic in Storybrooke how was he able to make the nurse at the desk fall asleep?

MorninStar

MorninStar

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I assume Jefferson used the same sleeping potion/drug on Nurse Ratched that made Emma fall asleep in his home. And it's a very good question; how DID Jefferson know about Belle.. and where she was? AND.. what it would mean to set her free.

MsOrange21

MsOrange21

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:52 PM

And what's going to happen now that everyone's memories are back? Grace is going to want to know where her dad is! I'm so invested in that part of the story. He really does the "anguished dad" schtick too damn well.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 2:28 PM

I wonder if Grace and Jefferson will be in the awkward Henry and Emma position with Grace's curse-parents. I mean, just because the curse is broken doesn't mean that they won't still love each other.

Breath We Drew

Breath We Drew

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 9:23 PM

I really do think out of the punishments set in Storybrooke Jefferson had it the worst. Not only does he have the punishment of remembering but he has to watch the daughter he loves every day with another family. There is something about that I find so tragic.

I do wanna know how he knows about Belle, I heard there was a deleted scene in Hat Trick with Rumpel and Jefferson so perhaps he briefly mentioned Belle so Jefferson would know about her now, etc. Because he knew exactly who to release and who to because it would screw Regina over.

Betsypaige1

Betsypaige1

Video Archivist

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:26 PM

I do wanna know how he knows about Belle, I heard there was a deleted scene in Hat Trick with Rumpel and Jefferson so perhaps he briefly mentioned Belle so Jefferson would know about her now, etc. Because he knew exactly who to release and who to because it would screw Regina over.

Maybe Jefferson is able to look through Wonderland to other lands and that's how he knows about Belle? Of course, that would make him rather omnipotent.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:43 PM

It's been theorized elsewhere, but depending on where in the timeline the flashbacks from "Skin Deep" versus "Hat Trick" were, it's possible Jefferson helped Regina kidnap Belle. I think that would be an interesting twist, actually--I kind of want Jefferson and Belle to strike up a (platonic) friendship, as he saved her and all, but finding out he also helpd kidnap her way back when would complicate that dynamic.

The bigger question for me is, even if he knew Regina had Belle locked up in the Enchanted Forest, how did he knew where precisely to find Belle in Storybrooke? Unless his scope was magic and could look into subterranean basements....

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:08 AM

Unless his scope was magic and could look into subterranean basements....

He also had 28 years with nothing much to do other than skulk around Storybrooke, so I could see him doing a lot of exploring, seeing what secrets Regina was keeping, just to keep from going mad from boredom.

eta

I thought he said that until Emma arrived, he was confined to his house?

Did he? I missed that... I'll have to watch that again.

Edited by WynterWolf, May 22, 2012 @ 12:16 AM.

stealinghome

stealinghome

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 12:10 AM

I thought he said that until Emma arrived, he was confined to his house?

Though I suppose he could've gone exploring after he realized he could leave.

MsOrange21

MsOrange21

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

He does say that for 28 years he was confined to the house. Once Emma got there and the clock started moving, only then was he able to go outside.

Add me to to the list of wanting to know how he found out about Belle.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 2:58 PM

Yeah, defintely curious about that... I've seen specualtion that he may have helped Regina capture her, and I could see that possibilities. But that's definitely a flashback I'd love to see.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

That conversation in "Apple Red as Blood" actually made me finally doubt the trapped in his house thing. He may have felt reclusive having nothing in common with basically anyone else in town and thereby "trapped" in the house but able to walk around town if he so chose.

Regina says Jefferson would have killed her when they first got there 28 years ago if he could have gotten back to Grace that way. Which makes it seem like he could have left his house and come after her. Unless she just means he would have mail ordered a sniper rifle and taken her out from the inside of his house.

Just bugs not to know how things were the day they arrived in Storybrooke. Whether they just appeared already in houses, as waitresses or teachers or whatever. Or if they arrived rather mind wiped and had to wander to their respective places with Regina able to change the "defaults" as she pleased.

WynterWolf

WynterWolf

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Just bugs not to know how things were the day they arrived in Storybrooke. Whether they just appeared already in houses, as waitresses or teachers or whatever. Or if they arrived rather mind wiped and had to wander to their respective places with Regina able to change the "defaults" as she pleased.

Aw, I actually really like not knowing that... it's making the reveals that fill in the historic pictured that much more interesting to me. Like I am dying to know how he knew where Belle was, but I think if I knew everything about how things were originally set up, I don't think that question would have as much interest for me. Because with not knowing, that answer is not only going to tell me about his previous contact with Belle, it's also going to shed more light (but not necessarily too much) on that mystery of what things were like when it started.

Edited by WynterWolf, May 22, 2012 @ 4:19 PM.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:37 AM

I wonder if Grace and Jefferson will be in the awkward Henry and Emma position with Grace's curse-parents. I mean, just because the curse is broken doesn't mean that they won't still love each other.

If I were to guess, I'd place Jefferson as the "bad boy" for whoever plays the "nice guy" in Emma's life and the plot twist would come from his role as single father (instead of any particular love triangle trying to figure out which one is the true love in each other's lives).

I kind of want Jefferson and Belle to strike up a (platonic) friendship, as he saved her and all, but finding out he also helpd kidnap her way back when would complicate that dynamic.

I think that's more likely to happen.

Edited by visenya6, Jul 21, 2012 @ 1:39 AM.

Albion19

Albion19

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 6:24 AM

I loved seeing Jefferson in the last episode. I knew he was a thief, stealing stuff from other realms with no way to get caught. I think that daredevil power went to his head. He was eccentric, arrogant and self serving; all the things I thought he would be like before he had Grace. He's changed a lot now, more mellow.

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 6:30 AM

Jefferson is a great character. The last episode made me wish, we would see more of him and Rumpel as an evil team back in the enchanted days.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

Jefferson is a great character. The last episode made me wish, we would see more of him and Rumpel as an evil team back in the enchanted days.

Insert Victor Frankenstein in there and I totally agree. I'm really getting bugged by Rumpel, but I was laughing my ass off at their act in front of Regina. Jefferson was being over the top, but she was buying it and it was glorious. Sebastian Stan is terrific at physical comedy. His facial expressions were glorious.

Bussy

Bussy

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Insert Victor Frankenstein in there and I totally agree.

THIS. Robert Carlyle is an acting god, but he already has more than enough story going on what with Bae and Hook and Belle and being in every story. What I want to see is more of the douchey steampunk gold that is Victor and Jefferson. How did they meet? I want to see them hanging out in Storybrooke together, maybe with Jefferson as Victor's wingman as he hits on the nuns. I don't even know. I could use a good male BFF dynamic on this show, and these two have so much potential.

I love how SASSY both of them were. Sebastian Stan's facial expressions. Frankenstein rolling his eyes and saying "We're going to listen to a fireplace?" They've both also been super sassy in previous episodes. Together they would be unstoppably entertaining.

They totally should have held hands jumping into the hat. Just saying.

jessied112

jessied112

Stalker

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 1:15 PM

They totally should have held hands jumping into the hat. Just saying.

I just said that in the episode thread! I was legitimately looking out for that! I would have loved that!!!

But yes, I want some bromance on the show since we have quite a bit of male/female and female/female interactions. It's weird too, since I can't remember many male/male friendships on this show. It would keep Sebastian and David both on the show, at least. So...please! I would be in love.

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 1:29 PM

Insert Victor Frankenstein in there and I totally agree. I'm really getting bugged by Rumpel, but I was laughing my ass off at their act in front of Regina. Jefferson was being over the top, but she was buying it and it was glorious. Sebastian Stan is terrific at physical comedy. His facial expressions were glorious.

I've nothing against including Viktor as well, I just think it's difficult to tie this to the main plot. But Jefferson being one of Rumpel's allies opens up a lot of possibilities, I think. Just like Rumpel, Jefferson is sort of a trickster, who can be both, hindrance and help, for the main characters.

Edited by Hick, Oct 29, 2012 @ 1:29 PM.

Fable

Fable

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2012 @ 7:15 PM

Before this episode, I actually thought he might be a sympathetic character. Granted he kidnapped Mary Margaret and Emma, but based on what we had seen of him as a father, I saw him as a basically decent guy who had gone mad due to his time in Wonderland, but it seems he has always been somewhat of a trickster. I donít feel as bad for him now as I did in Hat Trick.

Camera One

Camera One

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 12:20 AM

This episode changed my view of him too. He was quite gleeful in his villainy in this one. He must have really changed after meeting his wife and having a child.

Aliasscape

Aliasscape

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2012 @ 12:45 AM

I never thought of him as a good guy. He drugged people, he kidnapped people, threatened them, he pointed a gun at Emma's head.
I get the feeling Jefferson didn't change until AFTER he lost his wife. He may not have even taken marriage and family seriously but like most people in this show, he probably changed when he lost the love of his life.

gaygeeksf

gaygeeksf

Channel Surfer

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

I get the feeling that there will be a lot of Jefferson slash fic in the future. But since he has reunited with his daughter, I fear he will be confined to flashbacks and a special appearance for the portal that will bring the Enchanted Forest crew back to Storybrooke proper. Which is a pity because he could rock a waistcoat and cravat combo like no one else.

Princess Aldrea

Princess Aldrea

Stalker

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 1:07 PM

If Regina ever finds out what he did...no wonder she went so far with him in the curse and had no problem screwing him over with Wonderland.

Irish64

Irish64

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Lets hope Regina's revenge is stripping him of his shirt, tying him to one of the apple trees to slowly torture him ("I read this charming little book about Shades o Grey or something. Silly thing, the woman being dominated, that is NOT for me, so I thought I would turn that around here.")

But since this is family show...sigh...I wont get my slash fic of Regina the dominatrix "punishing," our pretty pouty little Jefferson!

Hick

Hick

Fanatic

Posted Oct 31, 2012 @ 3:33 PM

Regina was that cruel to him, while casting the curse, that I believe, that she probably found out at one point. He got maybe the worst punishment of all. I'm sure Regina knew at this point.