24-8: "Just Annihilate Them" 2012.04.04

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

156 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

"Just Annihilate Them" - The game gets personal when one tribe member is confronted about her physical appearance, and a shocking blindside eradicates any sense of security in the Tikiano tribe.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

CBS ruined this episode for me. All their promos saying, "Someone will be blindsided tonight!" and the sound effect of doom every time Mike spoke telegraphed the ending.

Chocula

Chocula

Channel Surfer

Oh Kitty Kat, I love you.

Def: Rantics--Antics that involve a rant!

I'm surprised Tarzan didn't call her out for the Neologism, but he probably couldn't remember her name.

TorontoFan

TorontoFan

Couch Potato

Well, I am totally confused now. Jay and Leif both voted for Mike? What happened to Jay being adamant about voting out a woman?

A1 Jackass

A1 Jackass

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

Rantics! I think Kat's made up word described Tarzan's behavior fairly accurately. Chelsea's common sense observation was pretty dead on, too. And her face when he was playing psychiatrist was priceless.

Paws

Paws

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:04 PM

If Kim and Sabrina are truly running this game and keep this up until the end, I will be so happy. They are so cool and in control of the game. I hope they can do the Yul/Earl/Sophie and stay awesome until the end. It's more likely they will do something to make me hate them though.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:06 PM

First of all, "rantics." Hee. Never change, Kat.

Second, I think that while that was a brilliant tactical episode for Kim, strategically she moved too early. I think you have to remove Alicia or Christina before you move on Team Clue, because I suspect either one of those two could be persuaded to vote for the other and then you're at a tie if the men unite. And then someone gets scared, doesn't want to pick rocks and you're totally fucked. Also moving this early creates the idea with Jay that you lied to him and betrayed him and that could mean jury votes.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

• Interests:Music, yoga, cuisine

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Wow,I am almost speechless. Must watch the show again to grasp what happened. Can my dream Survivor be occuring? A women's alliance that holds strong to the end led by a female mastermind? It looks like it! Mike and Troy were both played and blindsided. Six women who don't even like each other held together. And what happened after Chelsea blurted out the plan? Kim recovered, but how?

Wow!

ETA I think both Jay and Troy have the potential to play Chris Daugherty 2.0.

Edited by susannot, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:09 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:07 PM

Is there any way to "goat"-proof the game? It sucks that one person openly admits that her alliance intends on keeping Tarzan in the game as long as possible, because he's essentially the guy who's third from the right in the picture of how humans evolved. He sucks so hard, he could move a 7-Up bottle through a straw.

Quick question . . . when you heard that "schoolyard picks" would be used to determine teams, did anybody else think, "Aw, poor Leif"? That's what I thought . . . and then I saw him on a team. For about a second, I wondered who got left out, and then I saw Tarzan's useless ass riding the pine. And unlike the even more useless Dan of three seasons ago, he couldn't "bet" on a team to win. Good. I mean . . . who the fuck asks a woman about holding grudges towards plastic surgeons?!?

Thinking of the Reward Challenge . . . anybody else half-expect Probst to deep throat a bottle of 7-Up? God, the TAR equivalent would be Phil Keoghan dry-humping a Travelocity gnome. I know that carbonated beverages would be welcome after three weeks, but Probst sold it like his (*snicker*) wife was being held hostage be Cee-Lo Greene.

Not much else to add, because I still don't care to tell most of these people apart. Anybody get the feeling that the Black Widow Alliance from Fans Vs. Favorites would've succeeded this season just by telling the guys to go into the ocean until they drown? I don't feel this is a bright bunch in general.

BtvsVamp

BtvsVamp

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:08 PM

So I assume the way the vote went down was this. Mike and Tarzan thought Christina was going, Christina and Alicia were told to vote for Tarzan in the event Mike had an idol, and the rest voted for Mike. It's really annoying we don't get to hear what they say when they cast their votes anymore, specifically talking about on the CBS website which they no longer let us hear what each person says after 16 seasons of letting us (from about Amazon on if I recall correctly).

I think the guys are screwed unless they can pick up Christina for their side to even it out at this point.

And unlike the even more useless Dan of three seasons ago, he couldn't "bet" on a team to win. Good. I mean . . . who the fuck asks a woman about holding grudges towards plastic surgeons?!?

You know I heard him rooting for Troyzan's team in the background during the challenge which made me think that team wouldn't win. He was probably rooting for them because he bet on them to win but they just edited it out since they lost. I guess to save a few seconds of time it didn't need to be said what team he had bet on.

Edited by BtvsVamp, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:10 PM.

PaulAllanJones

PaulAllanJones

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:12 PM

Oh, for the love of...

It's sort of too bad that they need to take that arrogant social misfit in the blue briefs to Final Tribal; otherwise, they could perform some necessary surgery and lose two hundred pounds of ranting white man.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

Oh, for the love of...

It's sort of too bad that they need to take that arrogant social misfit in the blue briefs to Final Tribal; otherwise, they could perform some necessary surgery and lose two hundred pounds of ranting white man.

I still say Alicia serves the same purpose.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Second, I think that while that was a brilliant tactical episode for Kim, strategically she moved too early. I think you have to remove Alicia or Christina before you move on Team Clue, because I suspect either one of those two could be persuaded to vote for the other and then you're at a tie if the men unite. And then someone gets scared, doesn't want to pick rocks and you're totally fucked. Also moving this early creates the idea with Jay that you lied to him and betrayed him and that could mean jury votes.

Agreed, brilliant tactics, strategy remains to be seen. Doing it with an odd number of people means that if the guys do try to turn the tables, they have to recruit 2 women to ensure a win, or else throw their lot in with the PROD (which is plutonium to most decent players).

Also, clearly Troy, at least, does not feel betrayed, since he was always in with the plan to vote Mike out (thanks to Kim's "story", which -- true or not? Does it matter?)

And what happened after Chelsea blurted out the plan? Kim recovered, but how?

She kept her eyes open, followed Jay/Mike when they went to talk strategy, and threw out Christina as the next target without even being asked. Girl knows how to play the game.

tantrumette

tantrumette

Channel Surfer

one tribe member is confronted about her physical appearance

I had a fantasy that Alicia would finally be told by someone to cover herself up, I'm disappointed that it never happened. Took me awhile to realize it was Chelsea being confronted by Tarzan.

goombalina

goombalina

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Is there any way to "goat"-proof the game? It sucks that one person openly admits that her alliance intends on keeping Tarzan in the game as long as possible, because he's essentially the guy who's third from the right in the picture of how humans evolved. He sucks so hard, he could move a 7-Up bottle through a straw.

I was thinking about this today and I think in the current situation Christina, Leif and Alicia could go to the clear leaders like Kim and Jay and make a promise if they are voting out before the obvious goat and they will not vote for them but against them, speaking of Kim and Jay. In other words, they would be a block of 3, in one of them made it to FTC, unlikely but possible, they would definitely get the votes of the other two. Because obviously everyone is thinking no one will vote for Tarzan.

myriadphalanx

myriadphalanx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

So Alicia/Christina voted for Tarzan, Mike and Tarzan voted for Christina and the rest (including Jay?) voted for Mike. Interesting to see how Jay's vote got swayed, or maybe his confessional about 'sticking with the girls or else I'm next' explains it.

Alicia/Christina's vote means they're not *really* in the loop about the female alliance, which is intriguing. What that vote basically did was telegraph that Kat/Chelsea/Kim/Sabrina and I guess Troy by proxy are a tight unit. So it's 5-5 at best, and possibly the new 'misfits' have a 6-4 edge if they realize the strength of the core girls' alliance. Then again, I can't see all those disparate personalities banding together against the core four, especially since Alicia and probably Christina both favour their chances more with the girls than they do with the guys.

Caroma

Caroma

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

Heh. Karma for stealing the axe, Mikey.

Most important question is: DOES Chelsea have fake boobs? And did she tell Tarzan or can he tell just by looking? It's all creepiness.

Chocula

Chocula

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:22 PM

Oh, and a shout out to Sab for her awesome natural hair. When she wears it down and lets it flow, she looks so beautiful.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Alicia/Christina's vote means they're not *really* in the loop about the female alliance, which is intriguing.

Pretty sure that was idol insurance, but who knows.

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:30 PM

"Is there any way to goat-proof the game?" (By Lantern7)

No, IMO. The "goat" strategy was pioneered by Brian Heidik in Season 3 when he brought loathsome Clay to F2. People who lost by bringing the "most deserving" people to the finals are so 1990s, like Colby and Kim J. Also Danielle in a more recent season, when she chose deserving Aras to whom she lost. Winning against goats has worked for Boston Rob, Natalie White, Bob, and others that I can't think of without doing research.

SpeciousLogic thx for answering my question. That's what I thought had happened but not sure.

Edited by susannot, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:39 PM.

Dust Bunny

Dust Bunny

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:35 PM

No, IMO. The "goat" strategy was pioneered by Brian Heidik in Season 3 when he brought loathsome Clay to F2. People who lost by bringing the "most deserving" people to the finals are so 1990s, like Colby and Kim J. Also Danielle in a more recent season, when she chose deserving Aras to whom she lost. Winning against goats has worked for Boston Rob, Natalie White, Bob, and others that I can't think of without doing research.

That being the case, considering how shrewd she's been to this point, doesn't that mean at some point Kim will want to drop Chelsea and Sabrina and keep Tarzan? Chelsea knows Kim has the HII. If she's smart, she's developing a plan on when and how to drop Kim. THAT would be a great blindside. Today, not so much, promo monkeys.

Edited by Dust Bunny, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:35 PM.

Yogurt Baron

Yogurt Baron

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:37 PM

If I were Kim, I think I'd have given in and lost Christina tonight. The thing about this all-the-women-strong-together plan is, well, that doesn't work when there's a clear #6 (Christina, who's been on the outside of the alliance from the beginning) and a clear #5 (Alicia). If they'd voted out Christina tonight, Kim wouldn't have had to make a choice between her original women's alliance (which didn't include Christina) and her post-swap alliance with Troy and Jay.

If I were Troy and Jay, I'd try to get Leif, Greg, and either Alicia or Christina, and then use Troy's idol strategically to make sure they won the 5-5 tie (i.e., find out who the women are voting for, and play the idol on them). It's a rare move this late in the game that would actually improve the game position of all five people making it, but this would be one.

So I think Kim misstepped on this one...but based on what we've seen so far, she's got a better Survivor mind than I do, so we'll see how it plays out.

PreTense

PreTense

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:38 PM

Rantics -- hehehe! Kat is reminding me a little of Porsche from last season's Big Brother. If I squint I could see them as dorky but kind of endearing sisters. And what was Dr. Poopypants doing eating bamboo? I'm thinking the last thing he needs is roughage.

I agree with the folks who think Kim might have moved a little too soon. She could have gotten rid of either Alicia or Christina without hurting her girl power alliance. And that would have left the boys feeling they were still safe. But now Troyzan and Jay must realize where the power lies, mustn't they? They can't be so blind and stupid as to think Kim and the rest are still on their side. Oh wait, these are the same guys who voluntarily went to Tribal Council to vote out one of their own -- never mind.

Rantics -- don't ever change Kat. Except for the shoplifting.

Edited by PreTense, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:55 PM.

LanceM

LanceM

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

To answer Caroma's question above, Chelsea tweeted this a little while ago.

"For the record.. I am VERY happy with my plastic surgeon."

Edited by LanceM, Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:43 PM.

Hannah8976

Hannah8976

Video Archivist

• Interests:A new-found obsession with watching Amazing Race reruns on GSN (mind you - I saw them all the first time around) and reading recaps on TWOP (which I missed the first time around). I'm going to be bummed when I finally catch up.

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

Maybe Kat's making up words... or maybe not...

http://www.urbandict...hp?term=rantics

susannot

susannot

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

Dustbunny: Is Chelsea smart enough to form a plan to take out Kim.... I would say no, emphatically, unless everything we have shown has been wrong. Of course, it has happened (Fabio).

I Hate Cheese

I Hate Cheese

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

It was in Season 5, not 3. Season 3 was Ethan. Also, Seasons 2 and 3 were the 2000s, not 1990s, if you want to be technical. Tom Westman, Danni Boatwright, Earl, JT, and Fabio (arguably), won against goats.

LanceM

LanceM

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

One thing to remember is that Kim told Chelsea about her idol saying she trusts her the most. Chelsea so far as we know has not told Kim about the other idol in the game thatw as found by Troyzan. I have a feeling that this will eventually come into play as the game nears the end.

SueR

SueR

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:57 PM

I don't see the point of a women's alliance. I hate when they do that. In particular, I hate that that skank Alicia is still there. And why is poor Christina always on the edge of leaving? What did she do that pissed everyone off? And also, why doesn't Christina tell the other women how Alicia treated her so at least Alicia might go before her.
Anyway, it looks like next week the men strike back, so maybe they can turn things around.

enlightenedbum

enlightenedbum

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

I don't see the point of a women's alliance. I hate when they do that. In particular, I hate that that skank Alicia is still there. And why is poor Christina always on the edge of leaving? What did she do that pissed everyone off? And also, why doesn't Christina tell the other women how Alicia treated her so at least Alicia might go before her.

I think you could see part of Christina's issue on the fifth crate in the reward challenge. I think she is not a team person and is doing her own thing and thus trust issues. And the reason for a women's alliance is the same as any other alliance: to get you further in the game.