12-7: "Walking Papers Part 1 and 2" 2012.04.01

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

458 replies to this topic

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Mar 31, 2012 @ 7:22 PM

IN A SPECIAL THREE-HOUR EPISODE, THE CELEBRITIES DOUBLE UP WITH TWO TASKS - TO DESIGN, CREATE AND SELL A LIMITED EDITION "MY NEW YORK" CELEBRITY GUIDEBOOK; AND TO CREATE AN INTERACTIVE LIVE HEALTH SEGMENT AND DESIGN THE PACKAGING FOR A "WALK WITH WALGREENS" WALKING KIT In a special three-hour episode, the teams take on two tasks, and two Celebrities are fired. It all begins when Mr. Trump tasks the teams with creating and selling a Celebrity guidebook on New York City. With a big bonus on the line, special guest Regis Philbin judges the teams' books. Despite the added incentive, one Project Manager neglects the quality of their book, while the other team struggles just to get theirs completed in time. An explosive boardroom leads to another Celebrity being fired. The evening continues, as the teams create an interactive health segment for Walgreens. Before the Celebrities can even begin their task, Mr. Trump switches up the teams. One Project Manager struggles to maintain control of an insubordinate teammate, while the other team tries to complete the task with a Celebrity missing. Before anyone is even fired, Mr. Trump witnesses one of the season's biggest Boardroom battles, resulting in one Celebrity going AWOL.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Lisa Lampanelli breaks my heart.

lulugirl896

lulugirl896

Channel Surfer

Arsenio Hall is my new hero. That is all.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

• Interests:I think there's something degrading about having a wife for a rival. If you fail, it's humiliating; if you succeed, it's commonplace.-Christopher Hampton, paraphrased

Anyone else notice that even though Arsenio's Walgreen's team won, they used Lou's box in the commercial during the break?

Otherwise, WTF just happened?

ETA: Arsenio would have been MY hero, except he let Aubrey get under his skin. As soon as his team won, he should have let it go, planned to get rid of Aubrey and then rested his mind. Instead, he got even madder, and kept ranting about it.

Edited by AtlanticVamp, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:05 PM.

Lambchop

Lambchop

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:05 PM

Ok, maybe Dayana's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but Lisa needs meds.

Edited by Lambchop, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:06 PM.

lulugirl896

lulugirl896

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

Lisa Lampanelli breaks my heart.

Why on earth is she so bitter and bitchy?? If Dayana is really a dimwit, step aside and keep it moving...Lisa's reactions are so wildly over the top!

randomname1

randomname1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

Lisa Lampenelli is an awful person. She might be the best in terms of business or whatever, but who'd hire anyone who calls everyone else stupid? She came off looking really, really, really bad tonight! People like her fail to realize that you've got to be more than smart to be a leader--you've got to understand people and use everyone on your team in a place where they can do some good. She's just awful.

And Aubrey sure can dish it out, but she can't take it! Wow! Hope she really left for good!

Rozen

Rozen

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:08 PM

Wow, lost all respect for Arsenio during that completely disproportionate diva breakdown. That was totally foul. Clay and Penn are the only ones I like/respect at all at this point.

I don't know why people waste their time bringing back Lou and Dayana, Trump will do all the debating for them even though they are incompetent at even defending themselves. Melina better push out some more Trumplets because it looks like The Hair is narrowing in on upgrade number 2.

Anyone else notice that even though Arsenio's Walgreen's team won, they used Lou's box in the commercial during the break?

I'm pretty sure they showed Aubrey's version of the box, just reworked a little. I distinctly saw Arsenio's pic on a solid background (it looks like they retook the horrendously *rolls eyes* offending photo though)

Chit Chat

Chit Chat

Fanatic

Woot! Woot! Woot! Thank you Arsenio for sticking up for yourself in the Boardroom. That's how it's done!

Lisa, jealousy is not a good look. Seriously, just let it go.

lulugirl896

lulugirl896

Channel Surfer

Arsenio would have been MY hero, except he let Aubrey get under his skin. As soon as his team won, he should have let it go, planned to get rid of Aubrey and then rested his mind. Instead, he got even madder, and kept ranting about it.

I feel like he was mad that he had let her get under his skin.

Koffee Kup

Koffee Kup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Clay tweeted during the show,

Be sure to read my blog on http://NBC.com tomorrow to learn what got cut that actually set @ArsenioOFFICIAL off in the boardroom!

Aubrey only need look in the mirror if she wants to see ugly.

Edited by Koffee Kup, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:12 PM.

Hamhock96

Hamhock96

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

Why on earth is she so bitter and bitchy?? If Dayana is really a dimwit, step aside and keep it moving...Lisa's reactions are so wildly over the top!

Because the reality is that life isn't easy for a woman who looks like a truck driver. Lou's presentation was better IMO.
Lisa and the rock guy should have gone down for that idiotic box design -- again Dayana pointed out the flaw in advance.

Edited by Hamhock96, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:12 PM.

chandapanda

chandapanda

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:14 PM

I feel (key word is "I") that Arsenio was just so tired of being railroaded that he got frustrated and all the pent up angst from dealing with Aubrey came out and then he was indeed mad that he lost it.

A couple of things - Aubrey really does suck. I got so tired of hearing her (paraphrased) I go to Walgreen's all the time! I walk all the time! I take pictures of myself in NYC all the time! That girl can make shit up like nobody's business. It's impressive yet also vile.

Also, she called Trump "Donald" in the board room - I am surprised she wasn't called on it, although I am sure Trump isn't happy about it.

I used to like Lisa (the first challenge or two), but, man, her "stupid stupid stupid" comments about Dayana and her inability to see how selfish she is being just totally made me cringe and dislike her. I appreciated that Dee had a lot of nice things to say about Dayana - she needed a boost after being constantly barraged by the harpies the past few weeks.

qeratify

qeratify

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:15 PM

I don't believe for a second Aubrey quit. It's the cliffhanger for the week, but she'll be back. I do feel bad for Aubrey, because some of things she does/says ARE misconstrued, but then she opens her mouth again and attacks other people. Why is she surprised when they say equally mean things back?

randomname1

randomname1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:19 PM

Yeah, I'm sure she'll be back, more's the pity. She's such a hypocrite--she's been so totally nasty all the time.

starglow

starglow

Video Archivist

Be sure to read my blog on http://NBC.com tomorrow to learn what got cut that actually set @ArsenioOFFICIAL off in the boardroom!

As far as I'm concerned, what I saw in this show was beyond enough to set Arsenio off. Now we learn there was more that was cut out. Aubrey is smart and creative, but she is off the wall obnoxious. I feel sorry for the man that ends up with her. I'm with Arsenio all the way.

voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Video Archivist

I have to admit that I lost a little bit of respect for Arsenio tonight.

From what I've seen, he held anger towards Aubrey before she joined his team and used every little thing she did to help justify and fuel that anger.

I agree that Aubrey can be annoying, at times. But, I don't think she deserved the gang-up that happened in the boardroom. I can't remember the exact wording but I think Paul alluded to the idea (in his talking head) that the team was harder on Aubrey in the boardroom than deserved.

I can understand why Lisa is frustrated but, at this point, the only option she has is to suck it up. Based on the previews, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

I'm a huge Dee Snider fan and agree that the Men's team shouldn't have propped Lou up in past tasks. But, they did and now they have to deal with the consequences.

lulugirl896

lulugirl896

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

Because the reality is that life isn't easy for a woman who looks like a truck driver.

Lisa's entire team had been kissing up to her for the past several weeks fawning over how 'creative' she is. So it's not as if she hasn't had her time in the spotlight.

I appreciated that Dee had a lot of nice things to say about Dayana - she needed a boost after being constantly barraged by the harpies the past few weeks.

And again, Lisa almost lost her ever-loving mind that he said that!

Blue Stingray

Blue Stingray

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:20 PM

I certainly hope this isn't just a cruel tease (or an April Fool's joke), and we really have seen the last of Aubrey. My respect for Arsenio skyrocketed with his 100% spot on assessment of her. It's about time someone called her out for her self-absorbtion and deviousness. And her walking out after some honest criticism just kind of proves Arsenio's point. It's all about her, and the minute it's not, she's out of there.

Sadly, he lost me a bit with his over-the-top dramatics after the boardroom. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and chalk it up to his emotions running as high as they were - his charity is obviously very personal, and he's deeply invested. We'll see what happens as the season continues. And I imagine Aubrey herself can rile up some strong emotions as well - I want to smack her on a weekly basis through my TV screen. I can't imagine what having to work with her nearly 24/7 on a task must be like.

Lisa disgusts me. Just a few weeks ago I was okay with her winning, if she does, now I just want her gone. Her jealousy of Dayana is really wearing thin. And according to the previews, she's even more vile next week. I loved the little clip of her screaming at Arsenio something to the effect of "you just made everyone in America hate you!" (presumably over his Aubrey bashing). No, honey. He made ME love him. YOU, on the other hand, are doing a fair job of rousing my hatred. Bless Dee for telling her he didn't agree that Dayana was such a terrible team player. And fuck you, Donald, for firing him over Lou. Dee is correct - you and your spawn have some warped hero-worship image of Lou. Pathetic.

And oh yeah - Debbie's gone too.

We could have had Aubrey gone, but I can hardly blame Theresa for not bringing her back. Who would have thought that Donald was going to be logical, firing the one who brought in the least money, that's so logical...so unlike him! He decides who to fire early on, then just makes up a reason.

He wouldn't have fired Aubrey, he's one of the biggest kissers of her ass. He would have made up some other reason to justify firing someone else had she been brought in, probably Teresa, because he has a permanent boner for Dayana.

Edited by Blue Stingray, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:32 PM.

randomname1

randomname1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:24 PM

We could have had Aubrey gone, but I can hardly blame Theresa for not bringing her back. Who would have thought that Donald was going to be logical, firing the one who brought in the least money, that's so logical...so unlike him! He decides who to fire early on, then just makes up a reason.

Edited by randomname1, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:25 PM.

bellblue

bellblue

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Bravo Arsenio! He knows her game. She really is a straight up narcissist. I give Arsenio credit for handling her as calmly as he did when she was being so passive aggressive towards him during the task. I don't blame him one bit for losing his cool in the boardroom. People like that get under your skin and finally twist things so much that you feel like you're the crazy one. I'm sure she hoped he'd end up shooting himself in the foot. Lucky for Arsenio, I got the impression that Trump wasn't much of an Aubrey fan either (is anyone??). I guess Aubrey sensed that the only card she had left to play was victim which meant exiting pronto. Please let her be gone for good.

Queena

Queena

Couch Potato

I had no idea that Lisa Lampanelli was such a shrew. I feel as if she picks on Dyanna because she's pretty.

I'm so glad Arsenio told Aubrey what I was thinking.

So glad that Debra Gibson's gone. That dress wasn't appropriate, and from the back....no. Just no!

starglow

starglow

Video Archivist

I just reminded myself of Aubrey telling Arsenio that he "walked away from show business 20 years ago." WTF!! I know he was hurt by that comment. It was all over his face. With Aubrey, it's me-me-me-me. She seems to be a textbook narcissist.

DotsAndStripes

DotsAndStripes

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:26 PM

Arsenio had some valid points and Trump was picking up on Arsenio's complaints. It's too bad that Arsenio got in his own way. Aubrey is playing a different game then he is. Arsenio's been trying to stay under the radar and seem smart and sensible. Aubrey is trying to cause drama and get attention. Arsenio didn't need to play her game.

As for her taking credit for her ideas, that's what you have to do on this show! You have to go in the boardroom and defend your work. I would much rather see someone brag than a celebrity who is too timid to defend themselves. Also, most people remember when they came up with an idea better than they remember who else was responsible for an idea. Would Arsenio really have been happier if Aubrey pointed the finger for what Trump had just said was a bad idea?

I also think Arsenio got too personal. She's famous for more than nude pictures. Of course Aubrey isn't as talented she thinks she is, but she can sing. That just seemed like a low blow. In the boardroom he wasn't just criticizing her on the task, but her as a person, which seemed mean. That being said, I don't know that I can blame Arsenio entirely for losing his cool, Aubrey-the-reality-show-character would be difficult to work with. I just wish Arsenio would have pulled back a bit.

clack

clack

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Trump tells Audrey not to cry. Three minutes later, he is gushing over Arsenio -- for crying.

And why are Lou and Dyanna still here, and Dee is fired? How does Trump justify that bit of injustice?

SnarkKitty

SnarkKitty

Fanatic

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Don't understand why the Dump is so invested in keeping Lou, no matter how many times people tell him he does nothing except demand to be the star, and carry that chip on his shoulder.

Boo-freaking-hoo, cry me a river Aubrey. The environment is toxic? Who made it that way? You and your pit bull Lisa, who was practically crying and looked like she wanted to jump out of her seat and throw herself across Aubrey so that mean old Arsenio couldn't yell at her anymore. Every chance Aubrey got she said something nasty, and then mugged up into the camera to make sure it made it. That "if you don't like your photo then you don't like your face, you got those wrinkles, own them" was so nasty that even without hearing it (at that point) she deserved everything Arsenio said, even after the fact.

Dayanna continues to impress. Younger than Aubrey even (so she can't use her patented "old people, eww" insults against her) she just doesn't react to the horrible bitch that is Lisa screaming and telling her to shut the fuck up. She just keeps speaking. (lol, loved it.) And in the board room, knows when to shut up and when to speak. Despite how horrible they are to her, she doesn't ever seem to lose it on them or take it personally. I want to knock Lisa out from home, and she just lets it roll off her back.

Debbie did not deserve to be fired, it should have been Teresa for losing and for not bringing Aubrey back.

Venee

Venee

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:33 PM

I don't know why people waste their time bringing back Lou and Dayana, Trump will do all the debating for them even though they are incompetent at even defending themselves.

YES! Thank you! I was wondering why Dayana didn't bring up the fact that her idea was the concept for the brochure, which is what put them $14 in reach of the men's team to begin with in task no 1. I also don't think Lou should get credit for just happening to have something happen to him that fit task no 2. That's not brilliance that's just pure luck!

Here are other things that had me screaming at the TV:

-Those of you who watch Housewives and know Teresa's money woes, did you expect her checks to bounce? Having seen those she associates with I wonder where that money really came from. How did she raise more money than others, unless others were just holding out until they were PM.

Lisa needs to stop being so impressed with herself. She's so over the top with her martyr routine, and how without her the world would cease to spin. The truth is most of her efforts have resulted in losses.

-Arsenio is there a reason you don't have friends that are willing to donate? Could that out of control behavior have anything to do with it? Why did he let Aubrey run the show? There are ways to handle people that are in love with themselves, by letting them think they have control when really you do.

-Another annoyance was the Jay Leno check that never came, what the heck was that?

-Who else fell out their seat when Arsenio said he Googled Teresa and all that came up was her culinary aspirations! My eyes couldn't have rolled harder. You mean to tell me her corrupt husband, out of control spending, and quotes of her mangling the English language never popped up?

-Is Aubrey pulling a Ne Ne?

randomname1

randomname1

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:35 PM

Trump wants to keep Theresa. Honestly, I don't think it much matters what happens--this is all based on Trump's whims. At the end of the day, that's all the show is about. It gets harder and harder to believe that he's a businessman at all. I can't believe he's ever had a business idea a day in his life. It must all be done by the folks who work for him.

nannyogg

nannyogg

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

Geez, Lisa, don't shoot yourself in the foot sticking up for Aubrey next week! She will never do the same for you. Blerg!

Though I think Aubrey needed to hear a lot of what was said in the BR, there was a point where it was like - here's this big, much older, man just railing on a much smaller women. It did start to look inappropriate. Of course, Theresa, "pot meet kettle", talking about how suddenly Arsenio exploded. Um, "prostitute whore" etc. It was funny watching Trump make that team implode because I pretty much figured he was going to turn around & say "you won, now go work together."

Lou really should have been the one fired. But, hey, Lou makes "better" tv than Dee right? (Not that I agree with this but that's how NBC thinks I'm sure.) Yeah, the quotes on the box were bad but where was the manager who should have stepped in and said "let's do something else"? I loved when the Trump son flat out said Lou needs to be wrangled. Also did love when Lou called out Dee for drooling over Dayana. Have to give her props for saving Penn's ass on stage. This also shows Lou's poor judgement for bringing Dayana back. At least as things were edited, Lou seemed to pull her name out of the air because Lisa mentioned it first. I'm so over him. This show has totally changed any feelings I had about him in the past; really destroyed his image.

ETA I missed the whole first challenge & just saw the part where Debbie was leaving the BR. Can't wait for a recap!

Rozen, Melania is wife #3, not #2! But yeah, he's got to be looking for a younger model soon.

Venee, so right that Lou got inappropriate credit for capitalizing on his story of getting his knees & hips replaced (which he insisted on a previous show had NOTHING to do with his life as an athlete - PLEASE!). His comment in the BR about how "courageous" he was to tell his story is such BS. Big deal. How many zillions of others have been through the same or worse?

Edited by nannyogg, Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:57 PM.

Gambie

Gambie

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 1, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Lisa and Aubrey drive me insane. Especially Lisa and her "I carry the whole world and have to do everyone's job" attitude. Sort of a combo egomaniac/martyr complex.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but couldn't Clay or Paul Sr. let Teresa have one of the chairs in the boardroom.