18-6: "Jessica Sutta and Nadine Coyle" 2012.04.11

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

98 replies to this topic

WileyCoyote

WileyCoyote

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

Sophie winning might be the only way for this show to leave with any credibility. But I'm thinking it will be the lamest possible American girl--the most bland one possible.

Fortunately, I watched the preview and saw both leaked videos so I didn't have to watch this show. The Brits outdid the U.S.

Sure, but I'm not sure what it has to do with modeling.

This, and twhat this "teaching" of tooty booch or whatever has to do with actuall modeling?? I'm not sure i will continue to watch this nonsense after the only girl that was interesting and unique was eliminated and Seymoane or whatever her name is is still in the competition.

The AzMarie tooch situation- I was with her on not wanting to do it up until Annaliese made a comment about how Az should just lighten up and do it. Really it was no more degrading than the superhero naming ceremony, or the toddler photoshoot with the Kardashians. You're on the show, you may as well have fun with it, imho.

Its correct that this was no more demeaning than a lot of Tyra's crap. That said, I could see someone reaching a breaking point after too much of it. It didn't HAVE to be worse. Just one brick too many in Tyrant's wall of tastelessness.

What was important was how she reacted afterward. Which seemed to be properly, with an apology more sincere sounding than I personally could ever summon over having to do demeaning crap like this.

She deserved to be in the bottom 2 to "scare" her into line. But to be booted over this crap? I didn't bother to be upset, I just laughed for a few minutes about how sad and stupid this show is.

Av8ion

Av8ion

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:31 PM

As for the teddy bear, I do think that was messed up, the girls are in such a stressful situation already that they shouldn't be messing with each other's personal things IMO.

I mean heck, they were lucky no one stole her granola bars or something.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

whitless256
But now, the only American girls left don't even hold a candle to the Brits.

I think Laura does, actually, and after the whole prank with the bear, I think Laura and Sophie are all but gonna be the F2.

This was seriously the most wack elimination since Tyra inexplicably kept Angelea over Dominique just last season. AzMarie was a star who could model pretty much anything! And while Kyle's been solid and consistent up until now, given the choice between the bottom two, you're damn right AzMarie should've been the one to stay! Sadly, I think she lost it when she refused to wear the pad at the challenge. Even knocking her part of the music video out of the park wasn't gonna save her, I'll bet.

Sophie and Catherine are the only two Brits I can even see winning. Of the American girls, though . . . go, Laura, I guess. Kyle could be a sleeper, but we'll see.

ramby

ramby

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Uggh, this show has reached that point where it's no longer tolerable, I guess I can stay as long as Sophie Catherine and Alisha kept going, but knowing what's going on, they're the next 3 out of the house.

These are my 3 favorites as well. Man, I thought Alisha did absolutely fantastic in the video and she definitely deserved first call out. All 3 of them did excellent. I really liked the video and have to say, I've been watching it on youtube.

Azmarie, she had a stank attitude and got the deserved boot.

tankgirl73

tankgirl73

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:44 PM

And Tyra - - showing the girls what NOT to do and having them actually DO it - - what a way to teach!! Wouldn't it make more sense to have them DO what you WANT them to do?

Actually this does make sense to do it that way. If you don't know what the wrong thing feels like in your body, you won't realize that it's wrong when you do it. A lot of modelling is about awareness of your body -- very often the hamsters are doing something they think is sexy, or attractive, it feels that way to them, but it actually LOOKS either slutty or stupid.

So the 'bad boody tooches' were things that you might accidentally do when you THINK you're doing a good booty tooch, so do it now and learn what it feels like so you won't make that mistake on a photo shoot.

I also noticed that when they did start practicing the good booty tooch, Tyra was going around and making little adjustments and corrections -- you know, actually TEACHING? Something that has been sorely lacking for the past... oh, 12 cycles or so? I can remember when I first got sucked into watching this show, they would talk about things like identifying your light source and how to use it with your face, or technical details of how to maneuver your body to accentuate your assets and disguise your flaws. Actual technical modelling stuff. It was fascinating.

I miss that.

Anyway. I thought some of the 'tooches' were actually quite funny and clever puns. I surprised myself by laughing out loud. Until she got to the 'dookie tooch.' Um, no. Step too far. Go back. Eew.

As for the elimination, I called it the moment she refused the butt bra. Hubby was half-watching in the background -- he says, they can't get rid of her, she's the best one there. It's her contest to lose. Ah, but the narratives, you see... I filled him in on the whole thing about this show and its darn narratives, and how most of the fun for me now is predicting the outcomes based on the narrative cliches. Eg -- Seymone's redemption arc has been playing out just as predicted. And after Az got the best photo 3 weeks in a row and was clearly miles ahead of EVERYONE else, the 'downfall' episode was sure to be just around the corner.

I correctly predicted Kyle and Az bottom 2 and Az going home. Hubby couldn't believe it.

The only girl left I'd like to win is Sophie. Her solo bit in the video was GORGEOUS -- the little eye flash right at the end of the bit? Wow, so spot on. She's fun but also not an airhead.

blaase

blaase

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

I heard "Hi I'm Kyle, I smell for miles" which cracked me up.

Anyway this episode was even more hilarious on second viewing. Azmarie was over rated and did not deserve her two first call outs for mediocre photos, so I am fine with her leaving.

Saintz

Saintz

Couch Potato

• Interests:Horror Movies, Graphic Design, Vh1's trashtastic reality shows, Desperate Housewives, Project Runway, Nip/Tuck, ANTM. Also, English is not my first language so please grant me a little bit of your patience if I screw up in my posts, thanks!

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

I had to watch this episode twice to absorb all the shit that went down.

Why is Seymoan still here? She outlasted AzMarie?! That is a crime. Maybe AzMarie was overrated but she was the best of the American girls remaining. I can't believe Next Dorsia didn't get the boot, gosh. Her maniac stare was LOL worthy though and yes, the "Hey, I'M KYLE" was so ridiculous. My roomate watched the episode with me and he can't stop quoting it.

Eboni's pigtails are disturbing. Nadine Coyle was adorable and she did sound like Ashley at the beginning.

Oh and of course Grandma Lisa co-wrote the songs, that explains the mess. Did anybody notice how she was getting progressively haggard as the episode went on? And I like Lisa but come on, Allison got the FC during that episode. She did win the writing challenge, though.

Sophie, Alisha and Queen Catherine FTW.

akr

akr

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 12:05 AM

Azmarie should recall that the models who have done best coming out of this show were sometimes the ones who eventually got exasparated with Tyra. I.e., Elyse Sewell, and Toccara (whose last name I don't recall). It's bad enough they're casting for those willing to jump and clap and squeal excitedly about the most ridiculous things, but I really don't like it when somebody gets slapped down so hard for not being willling to kowtow so extremely. I've got more respect for the girls who call bullshit eventually, so long as they are reasonable to work with in a more reasonable environment.

Ryn The Tyn

Ryn The Tyn

Video Archivist

• Interests:Lurking.... :)

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:46 AM

I didn't really understand the need to wear a padded bum for the teaching session. These women are never going to wear one again for a photo shoot, so why teach them how to pose in one? Tyra really does get crazier and more pointless every season. Not that I'm complaining.... the shit show it's been this season has been incredibly fun to watch.

I figured that it was along the same lines as Cycle 15 when Tyra suddenly had the contestants posing with male models almost every week, which was pretty clearly in hopes that they could get drama from Kayla, or the shoot with Isis and the bikini where Tyra took the opportunity to lecture her about how she needed to suck it up and model through it. In other words, I think it was Tyra's attempt to get drama out of AzMarie, who would have gotten flack from Tyra no matter what happened. If she'd worn the padding, then Tyra would have lectured her about how she was allowing herself to be taken away from the Androgenia brand, and how she needs to stick with her branding.

Sentosa

Sentosa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:29 AM

While I'm enjoying this cycle more than the last few, the panel are really bothering me. First Louise, then Kyle, now Azmarie - even the contestants are over it. They really should have had just 10 or 12 cycles, then gone out in a blaze of glory with an All-Stars cycle, before Tyra decided she's a marketing guru. Imagine if every first year university student in business and marketing had a TV show under their control, along with Tyra's ego! Back in Cycle 10 when they "posed with pain" it was gimmicky but there was a lesson in there. This was a joke, based on a catchphrase Tyra came up with in All Stars which hasn't caught on.

The producers change the rules every time they put a new judge on panel or have an idea for a challenge. The contestants are expected to do everything that's asked of them, no matter how pointless or humiliating, without hesitation, and to ignore their instincts. The success criteria are completely arbitrary, and the contestants can be punished for simply lacking enthusiasm, regardless of what they actually deliver. While this has always been true of the show, in the past the judges at least worked in the fashion industry and the challenges related to modelling.

I have a lot of respect for Louise and Az for walking out. They're grown women in their twenties being humiliated and exploited for the purposes of Tyra's experiments. No one deserves that, or the shit being doled out by Kelly fucking Cutrone, regardless of what they stand to gain by putting up with it. They may have signed up for the show, but I don't believe anyone would have given their informed consent to this shit.

petramom

petramom

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

This show has been so ridiculous for so long that I am not impressed by anyone's refusal to play along. Even a casual viewing of ANTM reveals its determined downward spiral into humiliating stupidity (Tyra should coin a word for that - "stupidiate" maybe. It could be a noun and a verb!)

And it's not just Tyra doing it. Every season the models devolve into a rabid pack of petty hyenas, fighting over phones and dishes and hair in the bathtub. So the self-righteous indignation over a padded ass doesn't impress me. Having dignity means never going on this show. Once you're in, you're in, and I expect you to fully commit to Tyra's stupidiating (see! it totally works! OK, it's no "smize," but I haven't gone to Harvard Business School).

Jayden Kent

Jayden Kent

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:14 PM

All that was missing was the Tookie Tooch. I was CERTAIN Tyra was going to throw that in the mix.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 5:44 PM

I can't believe you guys haven't mentioned Tyra's panel outfit. What was that? A full length off the shoulder sparkly ball gown? She looked like she was going to go to Wheel of Fortune and turn letters for Vanna White. It was dressy, but not dressy. Certainly not elegant. It was so strange, and this is Tyra's clothing choice. So ironic for the day she would boot off Azmarie.

Reg Azmarie's booting, I totally think it had nothing to do with commitment to the show or modeling- the girl shaved ANTM in her hair- rather, it had to do with commitment to one of Tyra's lame made up catch phrases. You do not go against "booty tooch", "pot ledom", anything Model Land related, or anything that Tyra has Tyra marked in her Fashion Able (haha at her being fashionable) presence for she will get you in some way as best she can.

Genevamom

Genevamom

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:05 PM

I never expected Azmarie to go far; not because she doesn't deserve it, but because Tyra never rewards confidence. I remember watching C6, and thinking from the minute I saw her, that Nenna was going to take the whole thing. To me, she was amazing looking, but Tyra sapped her energy until she had a reason to boot her. I never imagined Azmarie getting any further than she did tonight.

I also don't get the hype with Seymone. She seems so average. I don't think she is that pretty, and I don't think she has a smokin' body. I think Toccara and Alexandria C14 had smokin' bods, but not Seymone. Not even close. I do not get why she is still here.

I liked Laura until she turned into an immature mean girl. Now, she just looks ugly to me. I didn't like Kyle at first, but her look is growing on me. There is something about her bone structure and her eyes that screams high fashion.

As for the Brits, they are more mature and are basically there as window dressing. I don't really see the producers focusing on their stories. They just always seem to be sitting watching whacked out American behavior and shaking their heads. The premise this season is so dumb. I wish Tyra would take her meds.

Edited by Genevamom, Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:06 PM.

BDArizona

BDArizona

Fanatic

• Interests:Left wing politics, sci-fi, sports, competitive reality shows

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:15 PM

AzMarie was a star who could model pretty much anything!

I think Az is beautiful, but I don't agree that she could model pretty much anything. She is chock full of tats (other contestants have gotten shit for far fewer tats), carries herself in a very masculine way (which is awesome, unless you're buying into the bullshit idealized "femininity" pushed by the fashion industry), and has a preference for buzz cuts. For most of the show, she was allowed to play to that. She wasn't asked to do much that pushed her. So, I think she can model, if and only if she's allowed to stay in her comfort zone.

Having dignity means never going on this show. Once you're in, you're in, and I expect you to fully commit to Tyra's stupidiating (see! it totally works! OK, it's no "smize," but I haven't gone to Harvard Business School).

I have to agree. It's not the first season, where someone like Adrienne might have a legit bitch about the nature of the show and the prize. It's the 18th. There are no secrets here. If you are going on the show and come to realize it's all bullshit, then actually walk the fuck out like Louise did. Don't come crawling back to Tyra with apologies at panel in hopes of being spared. I was completely in favor of what Louise did, because she did something. Az let something be done to her, and I'm less in favor of that.

Fabricationary

Fabricationary

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

All that was missing was the Tookie Tooch. I was CERTAIN Tyra was going to throw that in the mix.

Tooching while licking and biting your own/someone else's finger. Maybe it would be too sexually suggestive to get past the censors.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 9:08 PM

I think Az is beautiful, but I don't agree that she could model pretty much anything. She is chock full of tats (other contestants have gotten shit for far fewer tats), carries herself in a very masculine way (which is awesome, unless you're buying into the bullshit idealized "femininity" pushed by the fashion industry), and has a preference for buzz cuts. For most of the show, she was allowed to play to that. She wasn't asked to do much that pushed her. So, I think she can model, if and only if she's allowed to stay in her comfort zone.

This. The more I think about it, the more astounded I am that Azmarie made it so far without anyone questioning how she would handle a swim suit shoot. I admit, that, or some sort of petticoat "must be riding a male model like a western saloon whore" challenge was where I saw Azmarie flaming out. She wasn't asked to stretch in any of the other challenges.

And we are 18 cycles in, and Azmarie is 24, not 17. I begin to have less sympathy for her because she IS smart enough to understand that no one gets to be Top Model without doing something dumb on camera.

boltcat

boltcat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 12:09 AM

I have few thing to say:
1) The stuffed toy drama is stupid, but as stupid it is, I totally understand why Laura get angry. Kyle have my sympathy on this one, and I blame Sophie for it. When you already rip the ear of the toy, you should feel sorry and return it immediately, not proceed to throw the damn ear into the pool. I do think that at that moment, Kyle really looks like she is pushing away the ear rather than try to pick it up. Laura was blindfolded by anger.

2) The teach is stupid and I respect that Az don't want to do it. One of the poster said she doesn't want to embrace her feminine side, I disagree. She seem to me that she do not have that feminine side, even the jumpy car photoshoot is not feminine for me. What make her looks feminine in that photo is the hat and the dress, her poses in it are rather masculine. I can totally see another macho man in that pose and it still works. On the other hand, I do think that it will not hurt to wear the booty pad, so she loses some point on this and I don't like her apology on the panel.

3)Tyra seem rush on panel. When she call the B2 to step forward, she start the "2 beautiful young lady stnad in front of me" speech before they ever walk down the run way. After she handed the picture to Kyle, she just can't wait and say "youstillintherunningtowardtobecomeamericanexttopmodel" while turn to the table to put down the last cardboard in her hand. It just feels so so so rush.

4) Poor Kyle, first is the commercial challenge, and then unbooked on Toronto fashion week, and now Laura stuff toy drama and B2 with Az? I totally expect that C16 "you should have gone home instead of Monique" drama to repeat.

ClemBot 5000

ClemBot 5000

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:11 AM

Man, I don't comment that often but I was compelled to on this episode. The British girls killed it! Though to be honest, the Brits seemed to have somewhat better lyrics.

And I have no idea why Tyra complimented Kyle's whip crack; it look like she had a mild seizure.

Azmarie...nobody defies the Tyrant!

Edited by ClemBot 5000, Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:13 AM.

Nissaxx

Nissaxx

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

So being a quietly self-assured, respectful, calm, mature and dignified individual is considered "too cool for school", too arrogant and too egotistic for ANTM? And this is the "reason" Tyra sends her home (not even after a botched photoshoot, but for A FUCKING RANDOM AUTOTUNED LIP-SYNCED THRUST-AROUND-AND-ACT-SLUTTY-"MUSIC VIDEO" - since when does a model have to be good at anything else but modeling?) as some form of petty vengeance, after AzMarie took three consecutive killer first photos of the week. Btw, those three photos were amazing in comparison to all the crap they've shot this and last season. AzMarie was also booked in Toronto and haven't the judges been raving about her from day one?

...I know ANTM is its own bizarro dimension where logic means even less than zero but this whole episode and its result were incredibly surreal to watch.

Constant drama-makers, fight-starters, tantrum-having people obviously lacking in the social intelligence and self-awareness department who consider it a hobby to shout in other people's faces and threaten them with bodily harm for no reason whatsoever...what about 'em? Those who take mediocre to good pictures but are rude to other contestants, have no manners, have a horrible attitude in professional situations, have constant temper tantrums... Oh yeah, on ANTM that's called PERSONALITY. And you have to have personality so Tyra luuuuuuuuurves your sassiness or else they act like you have none, spend no time on you and kick you out the first moment they can. Be a bitch to anyone but Tyra and you can coast along pretty far just on having a "personality"... Ie. what normal people would call being a mean-spirited childish brat who acts like the world revolves around themselves.

But OMG then you have a standout among the competition in terms of delivering quality work and doing so consistently, someone who has never bitched or moaned about anything let alone talked badly about anyone else, who always just minds her own business and could care less about any drama, is generally professional and a delight to shoot according to some of the photographers they had this season but made a quick decision and refused to put buttpads on for a fucking "TOOCH LESSON" with Tyra (obviously because she wanted to hold on to at least one tiny shred of dignity) and later sincerely apologized at panel, humbly placing all the blame on herself and her having been impulsive to say no. SHE is the one who gets kicked out because of her supposed "ego"? It would be HI-LA-RI-OUS if it didn't involve the public thrashing of a sincerely professional, mild-mannered and ultimately very hard-working person who seemed to have come on the show to actually learn something (Naïve? Yes. A crime? No.).

Of course it's obvious that Tyra can't stand people saying no to her and will do everything to get revenge even if it causes harm to her own show (the Americans don't have much talent left in their group and do you really believe Tyra would ever give the title to a Brit?). It's pathetic that the most professional and dignified model that has been on ANTM in a long time would be the one eliminated for "attitude". Facts and the trail of quality work she leaves behind be damned. It's disgusting.

...And Seymone and Kyle are still there. WTF.

Yeah, I know I shouldn't expect anything better from ANTM but this takes the cake.

Stray observations:

- Adding Kelly Cutrone to the judging panel, again, gave the whole show even more of a circus-y feel and even less of the legitimacy they tried to exude with having ALT there. Each episode seems to make it worse and more glaring that this show is not about the fashion industry anymore, at all.

- I know a lot of people love Sophie and I feel she's very photogenic and obviously good at what she does but... I've never liked her. From the moment she walked in the door of the model apartment the first time she started snarking on other people in confessionals, giving low blow after low blow, often in particularly nasty ways. She always disguised it by passing it of as humor and I'm sure she tells everybody she offends to "just lighten up". She's got that mean girl persona going on but seems to be doing a great job at presenting herself as a whimsical, opinionated and quirky but professional model. The stuffed toy drama was just another one of those instances that showed her true colors. "OHHHH...We TOTALLY didn't know it had some kind of meaning to you...okay, didn't want to upset you." She should be too old to consider pulling stuff like this but some just never evolve out of that annoying-8-year-old-prankster-with-a-mean-streak stage some people go through.

Edited by Nissaxx, Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:38 AM.

needschocolate

needschocolate

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:39 AM

Did Kelly actually tell the one with the stupid pony tails that she should have grabbed the pony tails and tugged her head back and forth during the music video?

And I have no idea why Tyra complimented Kyle's whip crack; it look like she had a mild seizure.

Because she had to say something positive so that she could keep Kyle over the too-big-for-her-britches AzMarie - you know, the one who takes awesome photos, gets along with everyone in the house, never complains, so they had to send her home for not wearing a fake butt [/sarcasm]

ClemBot 5000

ClemBot 5000

Just Tuned In

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

Because she had to say something positive so that she could keep Kyle over the too-big-for-her-britches AzMarie - you know, the one who takes awesome photos, gets along with everyone in the house, never complains, so they had to send her home for not wearing a fake butt [/sarcasm]

Good point! I saw them really reaching to not tell the Americans how atrocious their video really was overall. If it hadn't been for the Brits bringing it, I would've thought that the challenge itself was somehow to blame. I've never seen Top Model pull off any video really that seemed like something you'd actually devote time killing brain cells to until the Brits came along.

AzMarie should've just made some self-important speech about gender identity, sprinkled in a story about her childhood and cried a little, THAT'S how you manipulate the Top Model machine! But it's not like you really get much from actually winning Top Model in terms of real modeling cred. The whole thing may have just been her attempt at a brief launchpad to get some eyes on her. She seemed like she never intended to do something stupid just to take home the prize which essentially means she didn't plan on winning from the beginning.

taotu

taotu

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

I registered for this forum specifically to be able to link to Annaliese's vlog where she talks about the show and gives a bit more perspective about what was going on inside the house: here. The vlog alone may have made her my favourite, now that AzMarie is eliminated. (And her comments on Tyra's reaction to AzMarie's elimination are very interesting - I assume she doesn't win because she's giving so many details, not that we didn't already know that, because she's not an American.)

I kind of admire the sense of humour all the girls must have in order to be able to participate in that ridiculous booty tooch teach and take it even slightly seriously.

needschocolate

needschocolate

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 10:48 PM

AzMarie should've just made some self-important speech about gender identity, sprinkled in a story about her childhood and cried a little, THAT'S how you manipulate the Top Model machine! But it's not like you really get much from actually winning Top Model in terms of real modeling cred. The whole thing may have just been her attempt at a brief launchpad to get some eyes on her. She seemed like she never intended to do something stupid just to take home the prize which essentially means she didn't plan on winning from the beginning.

I think AzMarie initially didn't think it would be a big deal - she put on the dopey booty tooch shorts - that was, IMO, more embarassing than the fake butt. Then Tyra sent her away and she probably thought "Oh f**k!" So she apologized while keeping as much dignity as possible, but it wasn't enough for Tyra. She might have been able to stay if they had footage of her crying in the hamster house or if, like ClemBot said, she gave some sob story about. Of course AzMarie telling a sob story would have prompted Tyra to tell one about herself (cuz, you know, no one had a harder time of anything than Tyra) ---

Tyra: "I know all about gender identity issures. When I was modeling in Paris, I was eating lunch one day and got bbq sauce on my chin and someone said that it looked like a beard and they laughed. They laughed at me!(clutches fist to chest) But I powered through anyway and I was fierce!"

I think AzMarie is better off now. If she stayed, she would have won then she would have been tied to their stupid contract for a year.

I wouldn't be surprised if AzMarie went to the producers and said she can't take anymore of the stupidity and she wants to leave and they told her that they already had their quota of models quiting this season, so she should refuse to do something and they can kick her off.

So much ridiculousness this episode made me forget about Tyra coming up with an "international" symbol for Smize. Wiggling your hand in front of your face? Looks like the international symbol for "water."

Thanks for posting the link, taotu. Annaliese rocks!

hardly watch

hardly watch

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:22 AM

This show has long been in the toilet. Now they just flushed.

WileyCoyote, this cracked me up...I kept thinking that if that's the case, something is still left swirling around in the bowl! Of course, that may be because I had the "dookie tooch" on my mind. But then, I thought that had something to do with Tyra's Modelland character?!

I don't know, this is still a train wreck worth watching...of course it's going to get more ridiculous each season, how could it not? Tyra teaching "tooching" replaced Miss J teaching actual walking...

As for the "girls," I do like the Brits, a little uneasy about some of the Americans. I do wonder why anyone would even have to wonder that the stuffed animal meant something to Laura if she actually BROUGHT IT WITH HER?!

I think Kelly did say something about Ebony pulling her pigtails, doing a robot baby dance?! Yikes!

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:57 AM

I do wonder why anyone would even have to wonder that the stuffed animal meant something to Laura if she actually BROUGHT IT WITH HER?!

Because she's emotionally attached to it and made the assumption (wrongly apparently) that ANTM was not Survivor and that her fellow contestants wouldn't be allowed to destroy her things. Now, I am not overreacting, I think that Mr. Bear got injured accidently during some silly horseplay and not due to sinister intent... but I also think it's understandable that Laura brought the bear thinking it was a sentimental reminder of her friend and that a group of adult women weren't going to be THAT rowdy.

Gregorio

Gregorio

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:18 AM

Unless your friend was also your erotic masseuse, I don't think you get to claim sentimental value for something you use to masturbate.

ZoloftBlob

ZoloftBlob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 12:33 PM

Did she say that about Mr Bear? :(

I'm not doubting you - I remember the girls squabbling by the pool and the ear in the water but I didn't hear anything other than that Mr. Bear was special.

Maybe I'm too attached to Mr. Bear.

milkyaqua

milkyaqua

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:03 PM

I think AzMarie initially didn't think it would be a big deal - she put on the dopey booty tooch shorts - that was, IMO, more embarassing than the fake butt.

AzMarie says in her exit interviews that she knew she was leaving once she refused to put on the butt pads. She also says that she apologized to Tyra not to necessarily try to stay but because she had feedback from others that by refusing to do what Tyra asked, she'd been disrespectful to Tyra (she hadn't really seen it that way until it was pointed out to her). She apologized to clear the air with Tyra.

Oholibamah

Oholibamah

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 1:33 PM

[Sophie's] got that mean girl persona going on but seems to be doing a great job at presenting herself as a whimsical, opinionated and quirky but professional model.

Word to this. I actually despised Sophie on BNTM for this very reason. So much so that she was easily in my bottom 5 personalities from any country's seasons.

But I actually find myself liking her this season. Maybe it's because the girls she's directing the snark at are more deserving, or maybe ANTM has more finesse at editing somebody to be likeable/enjoyably snarky, but she has definitely crawled her way out of the bottom of the bitch barrel for me.

Kelly was over her, and Nigel must have been as well because there were 5 votes on the panel for this particular elimination and the two guest judges seemed to want to keep her. (And Jay wasn't happy either...seems like maybe Az starts wearing on people once they're used to her and past the initial impressiveness of her very definite presence.)

When I read this, I was immediately reminded of Nnenna: she had such a striking presence at the beginning of the season, had 2 killer weeks early on, but then her limitations began to show. She couldn't wear different hairstyles, she was a stiff poser, she had only one facial expression, and her personality came across very dull and guarded. IIRC, Twiggy said she was bored of Nnenna, and Nigel said she had no charm.

I don't necessarily think AzMarie had reached the same point Nnenna did at the times of their respective eliminations. I think Nnenna should have been booted at Top 8 or Top 7 instead of Brooke and Leslie, but instead coasted to Top 6. Meanwhile, I think if this marked the beginning of AzMarie's nosedive, she should have coasted a week or two longer.

I can't get too upset over it, though, because I actually think Kyle is a great model, and it would have been a shame to see anybody go down after the music video week except Seymone.

I think AzMarie should have presented her qualms with the teach as a branding issue. She could have argued that presenting herself that way in a public forum could impede the jobs she will receive in the future or alter the perception of her as a brand. Androgyny doesn't preclude her from being or acting feminine, but wearing a butt pad takes her too far into the realm of how men view the feminine through their masculine gaze, and she doesn't feel comfortable taking part. These are things Tyra would be forced to understand, especially after the importance of branding this season and last.

And if AzMarie wasn't clever enough to come up with this, she should have pulled Tyra aside and said "I don't know why this irks me the wrong way and I was wondering if you and I could talk about it." I bet Tyra would have eaten that shit right up.

As it stood, Tyra perceived it as a "mood", or some thinly veiled moral opposition that wasn't fully expressed, so I understand why she was eliminated for it.

As it stands, I would like to see Catherine, Sophie, Alisha, Kyle, Eboni and Laura go overseas, and at that point I kind of don't care who wins. Just don't let it be Seymone, please.